Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 1st March 2010, 22:25   #1181  |  Link
shaban55

AVStoDVD 225 vs 226

Dear MrC,

I have just finished my first encodings with your tool and want to thank you thoroughly! Once configured the tasks just run smoothly through. The menu creation is just fabulous for a free tool!

I have many years of experience with avi and mkv encoding and DVD backup from virtualdub to Handbrake but with your tool and Hcenc I discovered the charm of DVD creation, mainly from my miniDV tapes.

I would like to contribute by feeding back some experiences that I collected with the versions 2.2.5 and 2.2.6.

I was not happy with 2.2.6 at all because I ran into the runtime error 383 described in the post from 3rd February.
With around 2.5h of material to encode the 2.2.6 chose Quenc. When I changed manually to Hcenc 2pass the output size calculation went down to only 2,2 GB.
The same happened when I exchanged one of the titles from the initial list for another.

I finally realized that the calculation of output size was stable when I did changes manually title by title, but with copying the properties from one title to the other it crashed and could not be restored. Maybe a "recalculate output size" function would be helpful.

The last thing I did was an 18 hours encode of a full 4450MB DVD with 11 titles from miniDVD. logfile and projectfile attached. I was very astonished that unexplainably the DVD is only 3,3 GB big!?

As this is my first post on that topic I hope it was not too confused.

Kind regards and AVStoDVD for the future (with Hcenc 0.24?)
Attached Files
File Type: 7z DVD_1.7z (7.3 KB, 37 views)
shaban55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 10:11   #1182  |  Link
ljpp

Is there a way to adjust the HC Encoder Matrix that is being used? I recorded a lot of sports events from the Olympics, hockey of course, and since the games can be 3+ hours long, the bitrate will be quite low on a DVD-R single layer.

I would presume that switching the MPEG matrix to QLB might do some good? The source material is a bit grainy (shitty DVB SD broadcast), so a bit of blur would most likely reduce artefacts.

Last edited by ljpp; 2nd March 2010 at 10:14.
ljpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:15   #1183  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaban55 View Post
With around 2.5h of material to encode the 2.2.6 chose Quenc. When I changed manually to Hcenc 2pass the output size calculation went down to only 2,2 GB.
The same happened when I exchanged one of the titles from the initial list for another.

I finally realized that the calculation of output size was stable when I did changes manually title by title, but with copying the properties from one title to the other it crashed and could not be restored. Maybe a "recalculate output size" function would be helpful.
The "recalculate output size" routine is already present. If you can clarify better the error (log files, screenshots, etc.), it would be easier to find a solution.

Quote:
The last thing I did was an 18 hours encode of a full 4450MB DVD with 11 titles from miniDVD. logfile and projectfile attached. I was very astonished that unexplainably the DVD is only 3,3 GB big!?
18 hours on a DVD-5 !!!!!

Bitrate is too low to manage even for a very good mpeg2 encoder as HCenc.

Try to stay under 6 hour of video footage on a DVD-5, and maybe select Half-D1 as output video resolution.

Quote:
kind regards and AVStoDVD for the future (with Hcenc 0.24?)
Yep, HCenc 0.24beta will be supported. Now I'm working on multi audio support.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
MrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2010, 14:16   #1184  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljpp View Post
Is there a way to adjust the HC Encoder Matrix that is being used? I recorded a lot of sports events from the Olympics, hockey of course, and since the games can be 3+ hours long, the bitrate will be quite low on a DVD-R single layer.

I would presume that switching the MPEG matrix to QLB might do some good? The source material is a bit grainy (shitty DVB SD broadcast), so a bit of blur would most likely reduce artefacts.
Go to 'Title Edit'/'Video', toggle off 'Auto Video Setup' and click on 'HCenc Advanced Options'.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 2nd March 2010, 16:42   #1185  |  Link
ljpp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
Go to 'Title Edit'/'Video', toggle off 'Auto Video Setup' and click on 'HCenc Advanced Options'.Bye
Damn, nicely hidden from stupid noobs like me! And now I see a bunch of matrices I have never heard of...Bitrates are going to be 3000-ish, and hockey is very demanding material to encode.

I recall QLB from the past - can anyone hint how would these others perform on sports?
Old 3rd March 2010, 19:11   #1186  |  Link
shaban55

2.2.5 vs 2.2.6

Hi MrC

and thanks for the speedy answer.

Quote:
The "recalculate output size" routine is already present. If you can clarify better the error (log files, screenshots, etc.), it would be easier to find a solution.
The recalculation of output size seems to work constantly in the background which is absolutely fine. I thought I had spotted some manual actions which make this routine crash. I'll try to reproduce it and will report again. I think the 2.2.5 is more stable than the 2.2.6 in that regard.

Quote:
18 hours on a DVD-5 !!!!!

No, no, no thats a misunderstanding! I meant that the encoding took 18 hours! I encoded around 2.5 hours of material. When you look at the attached project file, it clearly states that the size of the DVD is 4450 MB. However the end product had only 3.2 GB! So the compression was by far too strong. That was my question. I dont want to repeat that lenghty process and get the same stuff in the end again.
Sorry, I have to learn to describe more precisely.

Kind regards and thanks again.
Old 3rd March 2010, 21:44   #1187  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
No, no, no thats a misunderstanding! I meant that the encoding took 18 hours! I encoded around 2.5 hours of material. When you look at the attached project file, it clearly states that the size of the DVD is 4450 MB. However the end product had only 3.2 GB! So the compression was by far too strong. That was my question. I dont want to repeat that lenghty process and get the same stuff in the end again.
Sorry, I have to learn to describe more precisely.
Ok, I have got the 18 hours misunderstanding. Anyway, from the log file, you have encoded 12 titles of 20 minutes each. Tot video time is more than 4 hours... still too much.

Try to load less titles (2 hours and half are enough) and retry the project.

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 4th March 2010, 22:01   #1188  |  Link
ljpp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljpp View Post
I recall QLB from the past - can anyone hint how would these others perform on sports?
Quoting myself, as I re-encoded with QLB.

Overall the quality was improved great with QLB vs. MPEG, encoding the olympic hockey finals + extras totalling about 3h15min. The macro-blockyness was reduced and the overall image was smoother.

On the negative side, there is a rather heavy ringing artefact on high contrast edged (namely player vs. ice surface). The artefact exists already in the shitty SD DVB source material, but encoding using QLB seems to make it even rougher - or it stands out more in the otherwise smooth-ish image.
Old 5th March 2010, 00:48   #1189  |  Link
leoliver

AVStoDVD has begun to abort at job start

I've been using various releases of AVStoDVD for over a year.
I did have #225 installed, which I last successfully used about 2-months ago.
I decided to encode another video , so I updated to #226 before starting. After updating , I tried to use the "Menu Editor" to change to another template. When I then received this error message ........" ---------------------------
AVStoDVD
---------------------------
Warning! Image 'C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\MenuPage1.bmp' cannot be found or is invalid!AVStoDVD default image will be loaded.
---------------------------
OK
--------------------------- " I have never had this problem before, and repeated attempts gave the same error message.
So I decided to proceed with the job , and a few seconds after clicking on "Start" I received a error message that the process was being aborted. I tried again , and used a different video , but the process always aborts.
I then uninstall-ed version# 226 , and installed version#224, with the same outcomes. After UN-installing #224 , I installed #225 and received the same "Menu Editor " error and the same process aborted, a few seconds after starting.
Below is a copy of the log-file of my last process aborted job.

" <3/4/2010 5:25:25 PM>
START PROCESS
<>

<3/4/2010 5:25:25 PM>
PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: NTSC
DVD Titles number: 1
DVD Size: 1365/4450 MB (31%)
DVD Output Setup: DVD Folder
DVD Label: test
DVD Menu: Static Menu
Output Folder: C:\output
Delete Temp Process Files: Yes
Delete Working Files: Yes
Edit Command Parameters: No
Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

PREFERENCES

AVS Source Filter: A2DSource
AVS Resize Filter: Lanczos4Resize
Video Resolution: 0
Video BitRate Min: 2500
Video BitRate Level 1: 6000
Video Profile Level 2: 4500
Video BitRate Max: 8500
Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
DVD Audio Format: 0
DVD Audio BitRate: 192
Keep DVD Compliat Audio: 1
Normalize Audio: 0
DVD Audio Language: EN - English
DVD Subs Language: EN - English
Chapthers Interval: 5
Use Source Chapters: 0
DVD Burning Drive: E: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B C102
DVD Burning Speed: 4x
Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
Save Log file: 1
Unload ActiveMovie library: 0
Adjust ffdshow mixer: 1
<>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
Video: C:\input\test\TonyRobbins2006.avi
Info: XviD - 708 kbps - 320x240 - DAR 1.333 - 29.97 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 21:44 minutes - 39109 frames
Audio: C:\input\test\TonyRobbins2006.avi
Info: MPEG-1 Audio layer 3 - 128 kbps - CBR - 44100Hz - 2ch - 21:44 minutes
Subs:
[MediaInfoLib - v0.7.25]
<>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
Import("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\input\test\TonyRobbins2006.avi", CacheFolder = "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP")
Audio = A2DAudioSource("C:\input\test\TonyRobbins2006.avi", CacheFolder = "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12
Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(352,240)

Audio = Audio.SSRC(48000)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
<>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
Encoding Profile: QuEnc CBR 1-pass
Target Video FileSize: 1322.3 MB
QuEnc Parameters: -i "C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\test_2_TonyRobbins2006.avs" -o "C:\output\test_2_TonyRobbins2006.m2v" -b 8500 -1 -hq -novbr -scene -trell -aspectratio 4:3 -nointerlaced -mpeg2mux noaudio -dc 10 -priority 5 -auto -close
<>

<3/4/2010 5:25:30 PM>
PROCESS ABORTED DURING TITLE 1 VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS.

CHECK LOG FILE <C:\OUTPUT\TEST_2.LOG> FOR MORE INFO.
<>

<3/4/2010 5:25:30 PM>
Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.2.5
<> "

My computer is a Win Xp Pro Sp3 .
Old 5th March 2010, 00:53   #1190  |  Link

@leoliver

Where did you get the source AVI file?
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 04:01   #1191  |  Link
leoliver

TED videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
@leoliver

Where did you get the source AVI file?

It's a very interesting web-site with discussions on topics in a very in-depth fashion . There are a lot of TED videos posted on You-Tube.
My Church has a TED night every Monday , in which we watch a TED video on You-Tube and then have a group discussion about the video's topic.
I think that TED stands for Technology, Entertainment and Development.

The video was orginally a MP4 video, but I re-encoded it to .avi container, codec: Xvid with MP3 audio for stand alone player compatablity reasons.

Last edited by leoliver; 5th March 2010 at 04:05. Reason: More info
leoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 05:25   #1192  |  Link

Cool. Thanks for the link.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2010, 09:46   #1193  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

@leoliver

it could be a codec issue. Can you play the AVI with WMP? Can you play the AVI with AVStoDVD 'Preview Clip' function?

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 5th March 2010, 13:50   #1194  |  Link
shaban55

Quote:
Try to load less titles (2 hours and half are enough) and retry the project.

Bye
Thanks, again!

My problem was not the video quality which is still acceptable because these are lectures from a congress. My question is why the full capacity of the DVD was not used? The given size in the project file was 4450 MB while the final size of the DVD was only 3,2 GB. Are there any hints in the logfile what went wrong. I have done a previous encode with 5 hours on one DVD5 which went well.

Another choice I do not yet fully understand is the "DVD compliant audio". This was changed from 2.2.5 to 2.2.6, where ac3 is no longer accepted to be DVD compliant. What is the background? As far as I know ac3 is a standard audio format for DVDs. The only choice for "DVD compliant audio" in 2.2.6 seems to be PCM wave with 1536bps?

Sorry for repeated questions...
Old 5th March 2010, 17:20   #1195  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

Quote:
My problem was not the video quality which is still acceptable because these are lectures from a congress. My question is why the full capacity of the DVD was not used? The given size in the project file was 4450 MB while the final size of the DVD was only 3,2 GB. Are there any hints in the logfile what went wrong. I have done a previous encode with 5 hours on one DVD5 which went well.
As I said before, HCenc seemed to have hard time to manage such low bitrates (take a look at your log file).

Quote:
Another choice I do not yet fully understand is the "DVD compliant audio". This was changed from 2.2.5 to 2.2.6, where ac3 is no longer accepted to be DVD compliant. What is the background? As far as I know ac3 is a standard audio format for DVDs. The only choice for "DVD compliant audio" in 2.2.6 seems to be PCM wave with 1536bps?
As a matter of fact it is exactly the opposite: since release 2.2.6 (DVD compliant) AC3 retaining is still present, while I have removed (DVD compliant) PCM wav retaining...

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 6th March 2010, 06:05   #1196  |  Link
leoliver

I had to un-install everything then re-install

Quote:
@leoliver

it could be a codec issue. Can you play the AVI with WMP? Can you play the AVI with AVStoDVD 'Preview Clip' function?

Bye
I could play the file with WMP 11, with Nero decoders , also with HC-MPC , but not with AVStoDVD 'Preview Clip' function.
But I think the problem started , when I updated to #2.2.6 without UN-installing #2.2.5 . During the up-date, AVStoDVD detected AviSynth 2.5 and the Haali Media Splitter.
But I don't think AVStoDVD was able to "sync" with them, after up-dating. Falling back to version 2.2.5 didn't solve the problem either.
So UN-installed version 2.2.5 , and both AviSynth 2.5 and the Haali Media Splitter . I the downloaded another copy of version
#2.2.6 , and while installing I also selected to re-install new copies of both AviSynth 2.5 and the Haali Media Splitter.
After doing so I found that AVStoDVD was once more functioning correctly on my computer! And I selected to use FFDShow with AVStoDVD.

Here is a copy of sucessful AVStoDVD job...........

"<3/5/2010 9:59:39 PM>
START PROCESS
<>

<3/5/2010 9:59:39 PM>
PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Size: 1365/4450 MB (31%)
DVD Label: Tony Robbins
DVD Menu: Static Menu
Output Folder: C:\output

PREFERENCES

AVS Resize Filter: Lanczos4Resize
Video Resolution: 0
DVD Audio BitRate: 192
Use Source Chapters: 1
DVD Burning Drive: E: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8481B C102
Adjust ffdshow mixer: 1
<>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
Video: C:\input\test\TonyRobbins2006.avi
Info: XviD - 708 kbps - 320x240 - DAR 1.333 - 29.97 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 21:44 minutes - 39109 frames
Audio: C:\input\test\TonyRobbins2006.avi
Info: MPEG-1 Audio layer 3 - 128 kbps - CBR - 44100Hz - 2ch - 21:44 minutes
Subs:
[MediaInfoLib - v0.7.26]
<>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
Import("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\input\test\TonyRobbins2006.avi", CacheFolder = "L:\AVStoDVD temp folder")
Audio = A2DAudioSource("C:\input\test\TonyRobbins2006.avi", CacheFolder = "L:\AVStoDVD temp folder")

Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(352,240)

Audio = Audio.SSRC(48000)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
<>

Encoding Profile: QuEnc CBR 1-pass
Target Video FileSize: 1322.3 MB
QuEnc Parameters: -i "L:\AVStoDVD temp folder\Tony Robbins_0_TonyRobbins2006.avs" -o "C:\output\Tony Robbins_0_TonyRobbins2006.m2v" -b 8500 -1 -hq -novbr -scene -trell -aspectratio 4:3 -nointerlaced -mpeg2mux noaudio -dc 10 -priority 5 -auto -close
<>

<3/5/2010 10:09:07 PM>
END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
A2DVideoSource: AVISource
Created File: C:\output\Tony Robbins_0_TonyRobbins2006.m2v (1322.2 MB)
OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 8500 kbps - 352x240 - DAR 1.333 - 29.97 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 21:43 minutes - 39070 frames
<>

<3/5/2010 10:09:08 PM>
START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS
Wavi+Aften Parameters: "L:\AVStoDVD temp folder\Tony Robbins_0_TonyRobbins2006.avs" - | "C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Aften\aften.exe" -b 192 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 - "C:\output\Tony Robbins_0_TonyRobbins2006.ac3"
<>

<3/5/2010 10:13:20 PM>
END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS
A2DAudioSource: FFmpegSource2 (cache off)
Created File: C:\output\Tony Robbins_0_TonyRobbins2006.ac3 (29.9 MB)
OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 192 kbps - CBR - 48000Hz - 2ch - 21:44 minutes
<>

<3/5/2010 10:13:21 PM>
START DVD MENU BUILDING OPERATIONS
DVD Menu settings: Style 0, DAR 1, Titles Format 1, Video BitRate 6000, Menu Pages 1, Menu Titles 1
<>

<3/5/2010 10:14:53 PM>
END DVD MENU BUILDING OPERATIONS
Created File (Menu Page 1): L:\AVStoDVD temp folder\Tony Robbins_0_MenuPage1.bmp (1 MB)
<>

<3/5/2010 10:14:54 PM>
START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "L:\AVStoDVD temp folder\Tony Robbins_0_BatchMux.ini"
BatchMux ini file:
-d "C:\output\Tony Robbins_0\VIDEO_TS"
-mxp "L:\AVStoDVD temp folder\Tony Robbins_0_MuxMan.mxp"
-l "L:\AVStoDVD temp folder\Tony Robbins_0_MuxMan.log"
-muxman "C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
-prio LOW
-v "C:\output\Tony Robbins_0_TonyRobbins2006.m2v"
-vidmode 4:3
-a1 "C:\output\Tony Robbins_0_TonyRobbins2006.ac3"
-a1lang en
-cellfr "L:\AVStoDVD temp folder\Tony Robbins_0_TonyRobbins2006_MuxMan.txt"
-progfr "L:\AVStoDVD temp folder\Tony Robbins_0_TonyRobbins2006_MuxMan.txt"
-chapfr "L:\AVStoDVD temp folder\Tony Robbins_0_TonyRobbins2006_MuxMan.txt"
-SEG2v "L:\AVStoDVD temp folder\Tony Robbins_0_MenuPage1.bmp"
-SEG2vidmode LB
-SEG2s1 "L:\AVStoDVD temp folder\Tony Robbins_0_Menu.sst"
-SEG2s1dmode WIDE_LB
-SEG2hlmnu "L:\AVStoDVD temp folder\Tony Robbins_0_MenuPage1_Buttons.mnu"
-SEG2hlcsm "C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Menu\Highlight_Scheme.csm"
-hcn "L:\AVStoDVD temp folder\Tony Robbins_0_BatchMux.hcn"
<>

<3/5/2010 10:22:16 PM>
END DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
Created Folder: C:\output\Tony Robbins_0 (1379.9 MB)
<>

<3/5/2010 10:22:17 PM>
Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.2.6
<> "
Old 7th March 2010, 19:39   #1197  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Hey, Mr.C, remember how I was encoding a bunch of Blurays with AVStoDVD? Well, I finally had the time to write a guide here: Convert Blurays to DVD with AVStoDVD.

If I made any mistakes, or gave incorrect information, please let me know and I'll fix it.

Thanks for the wonderful little program!

Adub
Old 8th March 2010, 14:07   #1198  |  Link
MrC
AVStoDVD Dev

WOW!

AFAIK this is the first AVStoDVD guide on the web! for your effort!

Some considerations:

Step 3: After selecting Video Profile, to fix it you must click on the lock icon
Step 12: Multithread encoding is "on" by default
Step 15: I would add the possibility to see HighLights links by toggling on the "HL Links" button. It could be handy to understand DVD menu navigation.
Step 18: Save the project before START! It saves a huge amount of time if something goes wrong.

Great job indeed!

Bye

AVStoDVD Homepage
AVStoDVD @ Doom9 Forum
Old 8th March 2010, 17:25   #1199  |  Link
eon_designs

Having problems - HCenc0.23 Not Responding

Just been using the latest download of AVStoDVD - when I add an M2TS file along with subs. As soon as I hit start the HCenc window opens and then just hangs. When I view taskmanager it says that the application is not responding.

Running win 7 64 bit.

Here is a copy of the log file

<08/03/2010 16:13:04>
START PROCESS
<>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Size: 4450/4450 MB (100%)
DVD Label: DVD
DVD Menu: No Menu
Output Folder: C:\Users\Desktop\AVSOutput

PREFERENCES

AVS Resize Filter: Spline16Resize
Video Resolution: 1
DVD Audio BitRate: 448
Use Source Chapters: 1
DVD Burning Drive: D: hp CDDVDW TS-H653R 0E00
Adjust ffdshow mixer: 0
<>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
Video: I:\N\00012.m2ts
Info: AVC - 20580 kbps - 1920x1080 - DAR 1.778 - 24 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 1:57:03 hours - 168564 frames
Audio: I:\N\00012.m2ts
Info: PCM - 1536 kbps - CBR - 48000Hz - 2ch - 1:57:04 hours
Subs: I:\TsMuxer_Converted_Subs_ANSI.srt
[MediaInfoLib - v0.7.26]
<>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\VobSub\VSFilter.dll")
Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("I:\N\00012.m2ts", CacheFolder = "C:\Users\Desktop\AVSTemp")
Audio = A2DAudioSource("I:\N\00012.m2ts", CacheFolder = "C:\Users\Desktop\AVSTemp")

#Using DGPulldown to upsize FPS
Video = Video.Spline16Resize(720,480)
Video = Video.TextSub("I:\TsMuxer_Converted_Subs_ANSI.srt")

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
<>

<08/03/2010 16:14:19>
Encoding Profile: HCenc OPV 1-pass
Target Video FileSize: 3964.7 MB
HCenc Parameters: -ini "C:\Users\Desktop\AVSTemp\DVD_0_00012.HCenc.ini"
HCenc ini file:
*INFILE C:\Users\Desktop\AVSTemp\DVD_0_00012.avs
*AVSRELOAD
*OUTFILE C:\Users\Desktop\AVSOutput\DVD_0_00012.m2v
*LOGFILE C:\Users\Desktop\AVSTemp\DVD_0_00012.HCenc.log
*MAXBITRATE 9000
*CQ_MAXBITRATE 1
*BITRATE 4735
*PROFILE BEST
*ASPECT 16:9
*PROGRESSIVE
*BIAS 50
*DC_PREC 9
*MATRIX MPEG
*AQ 1
*LUMGAIN 0
*SMP
*PRIORITY IDLE
*WAIT 2
<>

<08/03/2010 16:14:34>
PROCESS ABORTED DURING TITLE 1 VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS.

CHECK LOG FILE <C:\USERS\DESKTOP\AVSOUTPUT\DVD_0.LOG> FOR MORE INFO.
<>

<08/03/2010 16:14:34>
Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.2.6
<>
eon_designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2010, 19:44   #1200  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Quote:
WOW!

AFAIK this is the first AVStoDVD guide on the web! for your effort!

Some considerations:

Step 3: After selecting Video Profile, to fix it you must click on the lock icon
Step 12: Multithread encoding is "on" by default
Step 15: I would add the possibility to see HighLights links by toggling on the "HL Links" button. It could be handy to understand DVD menu navigation.
Step 18: Save the project before START! It saves a huge amount of time if something goes wrong.

Great job indeed!

Bye
Great! Thanks for the overview. I'll fix up the tutorial when I get home.