Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 28th January 2011, 10:44   #1021  |  Link
burfadel

Thanks, 426 works well
burfadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 01:16   #1022  |  Link
ganymede

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Quote:
I tried this version under linux/wine. It works well with H.264 and mpeg2 video, but cannot decode ffvhuff codec (tried avi and mov containers). It returns an error message : "No video stream found". Current stable version of ffms2 (2.14 vanilla) can decode the same files without problem.
I can't reproduce this with my current build on some of my own ffvhuff files, so I guess it's been fixed (possibly in r410). If it still doesn't work for you, give me a small (10-20mb or so is enough) sample that fails for you.
The problem is now fixed with your latest revision (r426). Thank you very much.
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2011, 02:10   #1023  |  Link
sneaker_ger

This sample gets very jerky if I specify fpsnum=24000 and fpsden=1001 using r426.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2011, 22:56   #1024  |  Link
TheRyuu
warpsharpened

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
This sample gets very jerky if I specify fpsnum=24000 and fpsden=1001 using r426.
Although the behavior probably isn't what we want (and I guess should be fixed), specifying fpsnum/fpsden is meant for vfr->cfr conversions. As far as I can tell the sample is purely cfr and you don't get the jerkiness if you don't specify the fpsnum/fpsden.

Also made a few builds while doom9 was down for a bit. I rolled back ffmpeg-mt to a December version which fixes the two issues people were having with it (I believe the issues have been addressed in the ffmpeg-mt src).

ffms2-mt-r430.7z
ffms2-mt-r430-avs64.7z

Some vanilla ffmpeg builds if you want them (dunno why):
ffms2-r430.7z
ffms2-r430-avs64.7z
TheRyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 09:54   #1025  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRyuu View Post
Although the behavior probably isn't what we want (and I guess should be fixed), specifying fpsnum/fpsden is meant for vfr->cfr conversions. As far as I can tell the sample is purely cfr and you don't get the jerkiness if you don't specify the fpsnum/fpsden.
But if it already fails on CFR content, why would it suddenly work fine on VFR content? Shouldn't both be affected in exactly the same way?

2.14 and r375 work fine, problem appears with 411 for the first time. (all mt)

Last edited by sneaker_ger; 6th February 2011 at 10:02.
Old 6th February 2011, 11:37   #1026  |  Link
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
But if it already fails on CFR content, why would it suddenly work fine on VFR content? Shouldn't both be affected in exactly the same way?

You should've said it was a regression earlier. I was going to have a look at it anyway but now it suddenly became a lot more important.

e: pretty sure Plorkyeran broke it in r385.

Last edited by TheFluff; 6th February 2011 at 11:42.
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 11:45   #1027  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Yes, my fault.
Old 8th February 2011, 00:28   #1028  |  Link
TheRyuu
warpsharpened

Quote:

Status update, it was indeed broken in r385 as fluff said (ffmpeg-mt had nothing to do with it).
Old 8th February 2011, 07:06   #1029  |  Link
Plorkyeran

Fixed in r432.
Plorkyeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 00:31   #1030  |  Link
TheFluff

FFMS 2.15 is now released; you can grab it from the Google Code page.

Changes since 2.14:
  • FFVideoSource and FFAudioSource will now automatically reindex and overwrite the index file if it doesn't match the file being opened and the <tt>cachefile</tt> argument is left as the default. (Plorkyeran)
  • FFMS2 can now be used to decode Lagarith, but note that libavcodec's decoder is very experimental at the moment. (Plorkyeran)
  • SWScale can now use SSE2 optimizations for certain operations if your CPU supports it. (kemuri_-9)
  • Fixed a bug that could cause SWScale initialization to fail. (kemuri_-9)
  • Fixed a bug that could cause index files to never be considered valid, forcing a reindexing every time a script was loaded. (TheRyuu)
  • Trying to use postprocessing on a fullrange YUV clip will no longer cause errors. (TheFluff)
  • Fixed a few random decoding bugs related to unaligned memory or buffers that were not initialized properly. (TheFluff)
  • It is now possible to force FFMS2 to use a specific demuxer instead of letting it pick one automatically. (TheFluff)
  • When converting YUV to RGB, FFMS2 will now try to actually use the correct color coefficients rather than assuming everything is bt470bg. (Plorkyeran)
  • Moved support for container-level audio delay from the Avisynth plugin to the core and exposed it in the API (Plorkyeran)
  • Audio decoding has been substantially reworked. Linearly decoding audio now almost always works correctly and seeking is now actually sample-accurate for many formats. (Plorkyeran)
  • It is now possible to build 64bit versions of the plugin for use with Avisynth (and whatever else) from MSVC by means of black magic (this probably only works when the planets are aligned, also 64bit builds might require msvcr90.dll). (TheRyuu)
  • The Avisynth plugin now supports UTF8 filenames; ffmsindex.exe also supports Unicode filenames. FFMS_USE_UTF8_PATHS is now a runtime option instead of a compile-time one. (TheFluff)
  • The FFInfo() function (supplied by ffms2.avsi) will now round timestamps to nearest millisecond instead of truncating them. It's also been cleaned up in general and no longer relies on global variables. (Gavino)
  • Containers opened with libavformat will now report a framerate based on the average frame duration instead of the duration of the first frame, just like Matroska files and files opened with Haali's splitter does. Should fix CFR framerates being reported incorrectly in dumb containers like FLV. (TheFluff)
  • PC/TV luma range (16-235 versus 0-255) detection should now be a bit more reliable. (TheFluff)
  • Fixed a crash when opening files with Unicode filename support enabled. (Plorkyeran)

I've updated the Avisynth plugin documentation a bit; it should be easier to read and understand now. I've also updated the known issues part of it, so all actual known issues are listed there now. If you find a problem that isn't listed there, please report it, regardless of what I or other people have said or claimed about it in the past.

Edit: ATTN the three of you who downloaded this before 00:35 GMT: your version doesn't handle zlib compressed streams in MKV correctly. Redownload it to fix the issue.

Last edited by TheFluff; 12th February 2011 at 01:47.
Old 12th February 2011, 01:02   #1031  |  Link
b66pak

thanks a lot...
_
Old 12th February 2011, 03:55   #1032  |  Link
Maccara

Thanks for the update!

Quote:
Edit: ATTN the three of you who downloaded this before 00:35 GMT: your version doesn't handle zlib compressed streams in MKV correctly. Redownload it to fix the issue.
FYI, from the "last minute" fixes (SVN 444), probably not intended:
Code:
src/core/utils.cpp: In function 'void safe_aligned_reallocz(T*&, size_t, size_t)':
src/core/utils.cpp:233: error: there are no arguments to 'min' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of 'min' must be available
src/core/utils.cpp:233: note: (if you use '-fpermissive', G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
src/core/utils.cpp: In function 'void safe_aligned_reallocz(T*&, size_t, size_t) [with T = uint8_t]':
src/core/utils.cpp:262:   instantiated from here
src/core/utils.cpp:233: error: 'min' was not declared in this scope
(on mingw gcc 4.4.5)
Maccara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 07:13   #1033  |  Link
burfadel

What FFMPEG revision is FFMS 2.15 based on? for both the normal and MT version of FFMS?

Thanks
Old 12th February 2011, 08:36   #1034  |  Link
TheRyuu
warpsharpened

Quote:
Originally Posted by burfadel View Post
What FFMPEG revision is FFMS 2.15 based on? for both the normal and MT version of FFMS?

Thanks
ffmpeg-mt uses the Dec. 15th update (basically the last one that nothing breaked on).

The vanilla ffmpeg builds I would imagine use whatever was the last revision before the files were posted.
Old 12th February 2011, 08:54   #1035  |  Link
burfadel

Ah ok! well, 2 months for FFMPEG = lots of changes, I think I'll use the standard one! Multithreaded ffms doesn't really affect me, I usually encode 2 videos at once which equals 100 percent CPU usage, speed wise its not noticeable since Staxrip defaults x264 etc to the lowest priority. Parallel encoding files seems more effective than multithreading, since there are still stages in the pipeline that are slowed down either by processing requirements or being unoptimised and/or single threaded.
Old 12th February 2011, 13:47   #1036  |  Link
TheFluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccara View Post
Thanks for the update!

FYI, from the "last minute" fixes (SVN 444), probably not intended:
Code:
src/core/utils.cpp: In function 'void safe_aligned_reallocz(T*&, size_t, size_t)':
src/core/utils.cpp:233: error: there are no arguments to 'min' that depend on a template parameter, so a declaration of 'min' must be available
src/core/utils.cpp:233: note: (if you use '-fpermissive', G++ will accept your code, but allowing the use of an undeclared name is deprecated)
src/core/utils.cpp: In function 'void safe_aligned_reallocz(T*&, size_t, size_t) [with T = uint8_t]':
src/core/utils.cpp:262:   instantiated from here
src/core/utils.cpp:233: error: 'min' was not declared in this scope
(on mingw gcc 4.4.5)
Fixed, I think.
Old 12th February 2011, 13:54   #1037  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Setting fpsnum and fpsden seems to work correctly now.
Old 12th February 2011, 22:28   #1038  |  Link
Maccara

Quote:
Fixed, I think.
Yeah, that works. Thanks!
Maccara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 02:04   #1039  |  Link
b66pak

@TheFluff does this improvements go to x264's ffms too? (especially the timebase/timescale fix)...may be in the next release?
_
Old 14th February 2011, 13:45   #1040  |  Link
TheFluff

That depends on who compiles x264 and what version of FFMS they're linking against. JEEB usually uses the SVN HEAD so in his builds the changes should have been in for a long time, but I dunno about anyone else.