Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 28th June 2012, 20:28   #15301  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcby View Post
Sorry for my English...

These discs are very much. For example "Yellow Submarine". Many times come across the opera / ballet (Deutsche Grammophon, Opus Arte).

Here's an example, I do demux Blu-ray with BD Reauthor, open it in the Scenarist BD (5.1.3/5.7) and immediately muxing do not make any changes.
Then open it in BD_Rebuilder and immediately get an error. Selected source is not BD Format.
Can we say that Scenarist does not correct disks?

Then I reset timecode in Scenarist to 00:00:00:00, muxing and open to the BD_Rebuilder... and there is no error.
See Attachments pictures.
Sorry. But that very obviously is a preprocessed source and the error is almost assuredly created during that preprocessing.

One fixed rule of this sub-forum is that I cannot accept bug reports on preprocessed sources. I'd suggest you try encoding against the original source and if you have issues report back.
Old 28th June 2012, 21:37   #15302  |  Link
bbcby

OK, I'll try.
bbcby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2012, 16:16   #15303  |  Link
colinhunt

Quote:
For example "Yellow Submarine".
Yellow Submarine happens to be another disc affected by the "RencodeAudio() 00075 1801" error. VID_00023 has 6 identical LPCM tracks and once again, the first one gets converted into AC3 but the next one fails.
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 18:45   #15304  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinhunt View Post
Yellow Submarine happens to be another disc affected by the "RencodeAudio() 00075 1801" error. VID_00023 has 6 identical LPCM tracks and once again, the first one gets converted into AC3 but the next one fails.
I have it on order...
Old 2nd July 2012, 06:15   #15305  |  Link
greslogo

Anybody know the correct playlist for movie only for GHOST_RIDER_VENGEANCE ? I've tried all of them and they all seem to start with some narrative. Help !!!!!
greslogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 01:51   #15306  |  Link
busch42

greslogo, I don't mean to be harsh but this forum is for BD Rebuilder bugs, If you open the movie with BD Info you will see 4 movies listed at the top, the 3rd or 4th movie down is the one you want it worked for me, just play the 3rd or 4th file with VLC player and you will know which one.
busch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 02:38   #15307  |  Link
Dirk Diggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by greslogo View Post
Anybody know the correct playlist for movie only for GHOST_RIDER_VENGEANCE ? I've tried all of them and they all seem to start with some narrative. Help !!!!!
800 or 801 worked for me in Region 1
Dirk Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 08:03   #15308  |  Link
Adbear

Is there any way to increase the speed of encoding when down converting to SD DVD? I don't normally do this, but when I tried it I found it was using less than 15% of my CPU
Adbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 12:54   #15309  |  Link
Aspagilus

I know it sais that this forum is for bug reports only, but this has to be said since i consider this thing extremely annoying.
In future versions i would like to see that the forced updates are being removed. You know, when you suddently are prevented from opening the version you currently using and are forced to download a new version.
Aspagilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2012, 15:32   #15310  |  Link
Dirk Diggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspagilus View Post
I know it sais that this forum is for bug reports only, but this has to be said since i consider this thing extremely annoying.
In future versions i would like to see that the forced updates are being removed. You know, when you suddently are prevented from opening the version you currently using and are forced to download a new version.
It minimizes bug reports against older version
Dirk Diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2012, 18:44   #15311  |  Link
Prz

I've been burning BDR files with Imgburn till yesterday when it began to not burn. Tried another title and reinstalled Imgburn but keep getting "Burn-to-disc was not completed successfully" message on all attempts. Any thoughts on solving this problem?
Prz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2012, 19:16   #15312  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prz View Post
I've been burning BDR files with Imgburn till yesterday when it began to not burn. Tried another title and reinstalled Imgburn but keep getting "Burn-to-disc was not completed successfully" message on all attempts. Any thoughts on solving this problem?
Since this is not a bug report, you should be posting this elsewhere.
However, could be the burner died or you have bad discs.
Can you burn any other type disc, like DVD+RW, BD-RE, etc...
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2012, 21:26   #15313  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspagilus View Post
Ain't gonna' happen until I decide to take it out of beta. I learned my lesson with DVD Rebuilder. People will not upgrade... but continue to report on errors that had been fixed months earlier -- and always forget to mention the version. I'm just not willing to accept that headache.

It takes all of a minute or so to download a new version - if I'm willing to give up thousands of hours to develop this free software, I don't think its unreasonable to expect 60 seconds in return.

Last edited by jdobbs; 6th July 2012 at 22:22.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2012, 23:50   #15314  |  Link
The_Unknown

I'm having problems with rebuilding Pirates of the Carribean 4 (On Stranger Tides):

Quote:
[07.07.12] BD Rebuilder v0.40.10 (beta)
[00:31:28] Source: PR41EGE1
- Input BD size: 39,47 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:43:17.453]
- Target BD size: 22,95 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- Auto Quality: Good (Very Fast), ABR
- Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[00:31:33] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [00:31:33] Processing: VID_00125 (1 of 12)
- [00:31:33] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00125]
- [00:46:00] Reencoding video [VID_00125]
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23,976fps, 191.081 frames
- Bitrate: 19.207 Kbs
- [00:46:00] Reencoding: VID_00125, Pass 1 of 1
- Encode failed. Aborting.
- BD-Rebuilder v0.40.10 (beta)
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: 1.9.42.1, Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3326, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- AnyDVD settings check: Ok.
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok
[00:46:01] - Failed video encode, aborted
Any idea ?
The_Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 00:20   #15315  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Unknown View Post
I'm having problems with rebuilding Pirates of the Carribean 4 (On Stranger Tides):

Any idea ?
Uninstall Avisynth, ffdshow and haali. Reboot. Re-install those three programs and try again.
If you have installed any codec packs, remove those too.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 12:35   #15316  |  Link
asiafan

@jdobb IF i have BD 29GB copied this BD contain only menu & 1 trailer and nothing more after addin this to rebuilder its see only main movie content
so if i will reencode main movie and replace M2ts file in original content [just m2ts file] no clp and others] it will be proper for BD to burn?

earlier u asked me bout reinstalling but looks like not only i have same size problem with this new version of rebuilder after 2 pass compress with mode good/faster its still need to shirnk with very fast 2pass 27GBs.
asiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 13:11   #15317  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by asiafan View Post
@jdobb IF i have BD 29GB copied this BD contain only menu & 1 trailer and nothing more after addin this to rebuilder its see only main movie content
so if i will reencode main movie and replace M2ts file in original content [just m2ts file] no clp and others] it will be proper for BD to burn?

earlier u asked me bout reinstalling but looks like not only i have same size problem with this new version of rebuilder after 2 pass compress with mode good/faster its still need to shirnk with very fast 2pass 27GBs.
You can't just replace an M2TS. There are references in the CLPI and MPLS that would also have to be updated. BD-RB doesn't ""see only main movie content" -- is sees it all (when full backup is selected). It just determined that reencoding the menu and trailer isn't worthwhile (because they are so small), so it only shows the main movie. Your output would be a full backup, including the menu and trailer.

I don't think I understand your second statement.

Last edited by jdobbs; 7th July 2012 at 13:22.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2012, 14:15   #15318  |  Link
The_Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
Uninstall Avisynth, ffdshow and haali. Reboot. Re-install those three programs and try again.
If you have installed any codec packs, remove those too.
That did the job, thanks I had a quiet old bundle of requirements for BD-RB, it seems.
The_Unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2012, 13:58   #15319  |  Link
asiafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
You can't just replace an M2TS. There are references in the CLPI and MPLS that would also have to be updated. BD-RB doesn't ""see only main movie content" -- is sees it all (when full backup is selected). It just determined that reencoding the menu and trailer isn't worthwhile (because they are so small), so it only shows the main movie. Your output would be a full backup, including the menu and trailer.

I don't think I understand your second statement.
yes u right i did full job with extras even when Rebuilder didnt see others m2ts but seems its somehow hidden and movie was properly compressed with extras

+

2 movies reencoded also and all is fine 25gb< so can burn again
asiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 03:32   #15320  |  Link
Audiophile1178

jdobbs, we've discussed the compression of Star Trek TOS season 2 disc 1 and the amount of compression used. I did a 1080p and burned it to disc and it look perfectly fine on my plasma. Up until recently I haven't been able to watch any episodes off the disc. I came across a pretty big issue on one of the episodes and wanted to watch the other three episodes before I came back here.

Note: I believe that all the episodes use seamless branching. I don't know if it's still called that for the Blu-Ray format but I know it was called that for DVDs.

Problem #1, on the first episode "Amok Time" the audio will cut out (no audio) at ~4min 40sec which is the first angle change. The only way to get it back is to fast forward or reverse (I believe this cuts the bitstream transfer) but once another angle change occurs it'll cut out again. This ONLY happens when I bitstream the DTS HD to my processor. I then changed the setup to have my OPPO (BDP-83) decode it and send an LPCM to the processor and the rest of the episode played fine. After this episode I changed it back to bitstreaming the DTS HD and the rest of the three episodes played back fine. "Amok Time" has PIP and the other episodes don't which may be causing this problem.

Problem #2, Regarding "Amok Time" the PIP has DTS Express for its secondary audio and does playback contrary to our discussion regarding the mummy movies that didn't playback the secondary audio which you stated that a compressed bluray will either playback the secondary audio or not but it's dependent on the bluray player. This doesn't seem to be the case as the secondary audio works (sort of) on this disc. Whether I'm bitstreaming or LPCMing the audio pops A LOT. I don't know if this is causing the bitstreaming issue in problem #1?

Problem #3, I believe that you're supposed to be able to swtich any angle "on the fly" (as long as there's another angle present) as stated on the main menu by pressing the angle button on the remote. This doesn't work and the only way to get it to work is to select the episode without any effects on the pop-up menu or the main menu. By doing this it'll restart the episode from the beginning. The "on the fly" angle change doesn't work for any episodes.

Please note that i'm not in any way being sarcastic in anything that I write here. I'm merely informing you of the problems discovered and relaying back my findings compared to what you told me earlier regarding dts express. I know that dts express was a big headache for you to figure out and you sorta got it working.

As always, THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS GREAT PROGRAM!!!

P.S. Hopefully, in the next few days I'll be able to do the second disc and watch some of it this weekend so that I can report further findings as it seems like these star trek tos discs are pretty complicated. I'm bringing this up as I'm eagerly anticipating the first season of the next generation and plan to do the same thing except blank half the episodes on each disc to keep the bitrate high. I don't know if TNG is going to be as complex as TOS. I hope not!

Last edited by Audiophile1178; 9th July 2012 at 03:39.
Audiophile1178 is offline   Reply With Quote