Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 30th August 2010, 06:12   #9361  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonknight View Post
ok well here it's also can you give any input as to why my BD-RB looks the way it does.

- [18:09:34] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00458]
- [18:09:36] Reencoding: VID_00458 (48 of 132)
- [18:09:36] Collecting video information
- Source Video: MPEG-2, 720x480
- Rate/Length: 29.970fps, 2,948 frames
- [18:09:36] Reencoding: VID_00458, Pass 1 of 1
- Encode failed. Retrying.
- Encode failed. Retrying.
First uninstall all the software (BD-RB, HAALI, FFDSHOW, and AVISYNTH). Then go to the first post of this thread. Download and install from scratch exactly as shown. More than likely something else (other software) has intervened in the process and it isn't being detected.

[Edit] I see you've already done so.

Last edited by jdobbs; 30th August 2010 at 06:14.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 16:18   #9362  |  Link
videoadvocate

@jdobbs: I thought it was fixed as well until I tried playing the result of S3D1 on my set top Panasonic. The episodes do not start when selected from the menus. See below for more details. Strange how the software player plays it ok but the hardware does not. These are VC-1 on the original so maybe that has something to do with it. I also see that I am not using the recommended version of FFDSHOW which is v3326. So I will try S3D1 again after reinstalling FFDSHOW. Hope that is the problem!

Quote:
- Windows Version: 5.1 [2600]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.7.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Ok
- FFDSHOW: 3516, not recommended version
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set "disabled", WMP11, Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "ffmpeg-mt": Ok
- BD Rebuilder v0.34.0.7, Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoadvocate View Post
I tried to do a full backup of Star Trek TOS season 3 disk 1 using BDR v3407 and have a really strange result. When I play the recorded disk on my Panasonic BD60, the disk fails when I select an episode from the TOP or POPUP menus. The machine tries to play something, then returns to the same menu. However, strangely enough, when I use a software player (PowerDVD10), everything seems to work fine. Any ideas? The log and ini files are attached. Thanks so much for the assistance and your generosity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
That was fixed as originally reported, and I did the disc in testing (although if I recall correctly I think it was S3D2). Are you saying you're still having issues of some kind?

Last edited by videoadvocate; 30th August 2010 at 16:25.
videoadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 20:19   #9363  |  Link
dragonknight

Quote:
First uninstall all the software (BD-RB, HAALI, FFDSHOW, and AVISYNTH). Then go to the first post of this thread. Download and install from scratch exactly as shown. More than likely something else (other software) has intervened in the process and it isn't being detected.

[Edit] I see you've already done so.
yes i have already done that with no luck it still looks the same.
dragonknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 20:32   #9364  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
yes i have already done that with no luck it still looks the same.
Make sure you have privileges for the folder you are using to install it (where the INI resides). It is definitely something related to your system (probably rights related) -- as it works correctly on all others.
Old 30th August 2010, 22:58   #9365  |  Link
dragonknight

Quote:
Make sure you have privileges for the folder you are using to install it (where the INI resides). It is definitely something related to your system (probably rights related) -- as it works correctly on all others.
i am running as the admin on my system so everything should have rights unless there is another way of doing it.
Old 30th August 2010, 23:21   #9366  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
i am running as the admin on my system so everything should have rights unless there is another way of doing it.
Not necessarily. Just because you have rights doesn't mean the process has rights. Where did you install the BD-RB folder?
Old 30th August 2010, 23:37   #9367  |  Link
8ternity

Quote:
i'm using the current version of BD-RB 0.34.07 and i keep getting x264.exe stopped working. i'm on windows 7 pro 64bit. how do i fix this?
Just for fun, can you disable your anti-virus? Retry??

I've found Microsoft Security Essentials make confusion with a couple of softwares. I've search over a month at work why my softwares are freezed and get no respond.

Try this!
Old 31st August 2010, 00:18   #9368  |  Link
dragonknight

Quote:
Not necessarily. Just because you have rights doesn't mean the process has rights. Where did you install the BD-RB folder?
its in the C:\Program Files with a shortcut to BD-RB on my desktop.

Last edited by dragonknight; 31st August 2010 at 00:21.
Old 31st August 2010, 00:26   #9369  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
its in the C:\Program Files with a shortcut to BD-RB on my desktop.
From the first post of this thread:
Quote:
3. Unzip the BD-RB.zip file. Put it in a directory of its own. I'd recommend putting it somewhere other than "C:\Program Files" until it has been tested more (because of Vista and Win 7 virtualization).
Old 31st August 2010, 00:26   #9370  |  Link
worknstiff

@DragonKnight

QUOTE: Refer To First Page
3. Unzip the BD-RB.zip file. Put it in a directory of its own. I'd recommend putting it somewhere other than "C:\Program Files" until it has been tested more (because of Vista and Win 7 virtualization).
Hope this helps, worknstiff

Last edited by worknstiff; 31st August 2010 at 00:27. Reason: oops
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 00:39   #9371  |  Link
dragonknight

Quote:
From the first post of this thread:
3. Unzip the BD-RB.zip file. Put it in a directory of its own. I'd recommend putting it somewhere other than "C:\Program Files" until it has been tested more (because of Vista and Win 7 virtualization)
ok i miss read that i have now moved it to my desktop and it still looks the same. also i have that is were i have also place the BD-RB folder on the desktop. i just decide to try the C:\Program Files folder but it didn't help.
Old 31st August 2010, 00:46   #9372  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
ok i miss read that i have now moved it to my desktop and it still looks the same. also i have that is were i have also place the BD-RB folder on the desktop. i just decide to try the C:\Program Files folder but it didn't help.
Have you opened up any files and pointed to a folder? It always looks like that until you use it.
Old 31st August 2010, 00:50   #9373  |  Link
dragonknight

Quote:
Have you opened up any files and pointed to a folder? It always looks like that until you use it.
i have used the BD-RB program. i have the main folder that i rip the movie to on one hdd and then the output folder on another hdd. what program is BD-RD's gui created with?

Last edited by dragonknight; 31st August 2010 at 03:17.
Old 31st August 2010, 01:05   #9374  |  Link
ChldsPlay

I get an error going to disk, that's all there is to it. I can even copy the ISO as a whole no problem, but there are certain m2ts files that it won't allow me to copy, I get some "Invalid MS-DOS" operation error.
ChldsPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 02:20   #9375  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I get an error going to disk, that's all there is to it. I can even copy the ISO as a whole no problem, but there are certain m2ts files that it won't allow me to copy, I get some "Invalid MS-DOS" operation error.
So your saying that if you insert the original Blu-ray into your PC, and run Anydvd HD, Anydvd HD will not let you use the " Rip Video DVD to Harddisk..." option?
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 02:26   #9376  |  Link
setarip_old

@ChldsPlay
Quote:
I get an error going to disk, that's all there is to it.
Then return the disc to the place of purchase in exchange for another one...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 14:55   #9377  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
I don't use AnyDVD's "copy" function. I just put the disc in (with AnyDVD active) and use Windows Explorer to copy the BDMV and CERTIFICATE to my hard drive. It has never failed once.
Old 1st September 2010, 01:15   #9378  |  Link
ChldsPlay

Quote:
I don't use AnyDVD's "copy" function. I just put the disc in (with AnyDVD active) and use Windows Explorer to copy the BDMV and CERTIFICATE to my hard drive. It has never failed once.
That's how I usually do it, but I get the same issue doing it that way. The only way I was able to get it on my computer was the ISO method.

And I can recreate new ISOs over and over from mounting the original ISO and copying it. But whenever I try to do the actual files, is when I get that copying is an invalid function. Playing the ISO, or the original disc works perfectly fine, but that doesn't help me shrink it to put on a bd-25.

And again I get that error with BDRB if I try to open the ISO, but it still lets me run the program, but it doesn't do anything, it basically just recreates the disc at the same size. It says it keeps the original video with no reencode on all of them.

hmm...checking something.
Old 1st September 2010, 03:03   #9379  |  Link
setarip_old

@ChldsPlay

Since it sounds like, for whatever reason, you won't follow my suggestion to exchange the disc, I'll repeat my suggestion from my earlier post here:

Quote:
Sounds like a mildly physically damaged disc. In the "BDMV" folder, check to make certain that all files and folders that are supposed to be are properly duplicated in the "BACKUP" folder. If any "originals" or "backups" are missing or damaged, see if you can copy from one to the other (Copy a good "original" file to the "Backup" folder or vice-versa). Look for the same situation in the "CERTIFICATE" folder and its "Backup" folder.
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 06:47   #9380  |  Link
ChldsPlay

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@ChldsPlay

Since it sounds like, for whatever reason, you won't follow my suggestion to exchange the disc, I'll repeat my suggestion from my earlier post here:

It's a little late to exchange the disc for another.

And no files are missing.