Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 18th September 2018, 06:31   #6361  |  Link
Morku

Sure. Thank you for replying and accepting me again.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4c435qngg...0005.mpls?dl=1
Morku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2018, 13:19   #6362  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

I'm not seeing any problems with the parsing of that MPLS.

1. What exactly is the problem that you see?

2. What happens if you load the MPLS manually in DGIndexNV, i.e., not using MeGUI?
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2018, 13:59   #6363  |  Link
Danette

Priority Setting

I believe this is a bug report:

Using One-Click, whenever batch jobs are processed, the "Priority" starts off as "Normal" just as it is supposed to do. I have the default Priority set to "Normal" in the settings section. However, at some point during the second or third file processed, the priority changes to "High". This causes a warning from Windows, which freezes the encoder until I discover it and change it back to where it started.
Danette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2018, 16:06   #6364  |  Link
Morku

@videoh
Hi,

1. I start MeGUI (64 Bit) -> AVS Script Creator -> load 0005.mpls -> File indexerer -> DGIndexNV -> No Audio -> Queue -> Start -> Creating DGI without issue -> preview image loads -> and here the issues starts:
When I scroll forward the image, I get a refreshed preview. When I scroll backward, it not refresh.
I am loading the .avs MeGUI Avisynth Script containing the following:
Code:
LoadPlugin("D:\Sonstiges\Videotools\MeGUI\tools\dgindexnv\DGDecodeNV.dll")
DGSource("D:\Temp\BluRay\CABINFEVER2\BDMV\PLAYLIST\CABINFEVER2_00005.dgi",fieldop=0)
This generic errormessage occur:

Logfile abnout these steps: https://pastebin.com/P2ihYHa3

2. Loading mpls in the DGIndexNV GUI is fine. Save project also works fine, scrolling preview image also fine, loading dgi project file also fine. No issue here.

Loading avs file into VirtualDub2 result also in an error.
Old 18th September 2018, 16:11   #6365  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Just to be completely clear...

Do you have any problems when avoiding MeGUI completely, i.e., making your DGI directly with DGIndexNV and then loading an avs script in VDub2 and scrolling around. Is this something that happens only in MeGUI?

Can you post the DGI file please? Also check whether the files listed there actually exist.

Try with full paths enabled in DGIndexNV settings.

EDIT: I dummied up a BD folder tree and put your MPLS in PLAYLIST and put two M2TS files in STREAM (named 00000.m2ts and 00005.m2ts). Then I followed your process above in MeGUI and everything ran perfectly scrolling around in the MeGUI preview.

Last edited by videoh; 18th September 2018 at 16:49.
Old 18th September 2018, 17:39   #6366  |  Link
Morku

Okay, this is a little strange now. I did many tries and it seems to be related to the path I save the dgi file.
Creating the dgi file in "D:\Temp\BluRay\CABINFEVER2\BDMV\PLAYLIST" result in a dgi loading error in MeGUI and VirtualDub2.
I created a dgi file with MeGUI and DGIndexNV to that related path. Both files are corrupt. When I move the file around on my PC, still loading issue.

Saving the dgi to e.g. "D:\Desktop\test" the file is fine and loads fine in MeGUI and VirtualDub2. I created a DGI with MeGUI and DGIndexNV without issue. I even can place the file dgi file back to D:\Temp\BluRay\CABINFEVER2\BDMV\PLAYLIST and it still loads fine.

I think there must be a conflict in the path. Maybe it doesn't like when mpls source and dgi result are in the same folder?

Here is a file with loading issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hqtais84i8...00005.dgi?dl=1
And here a file with no issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrq93ph65a...00005.dgi?dl=1

EDIT: full path enabled, saved to D:\Temp\BluRay\CABINFEVER2\BDMV\PLAYLIST with DGIndexNV, the dgi also loads fine.
EDIT2: disabled full path saving with DGIndexNV to D:\Temp\BluRay\CABINFEVER2\BDMV\PLAYLIST result into loading issues again.

Last edited by Morku; 18th September 2018 at 17:51.
Old 18th September 2018, 17:59   #6367  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Thank you for the additional information, Morku.

If you have disabled full paths then your script and DGI file need to be in the same directory as the M2TS files, which is STREAM not PLAYLIST. Think: how will the streams be found if there is no full path info? Current directory is the only answer in that case.

Maybe MeGUI needs to be modified to understand this. Or it needs to set full paths all the time.

Last edited by videoh; 18th September 2018 at 18:11.
Old 18th September 2018, 18:25   #6368  |  Link
Morku

But this issue also happen without MeGUI. DGIndexNV (Use Full Paths is unchecked) -> Load -> "D:\Temp\BluRay\CABINFEVER2\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00005.mpls" -> Save Project -> "D:\Temp\BluRay\CABINFEVER2\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00005.dgi" -> avs file containing "DGSource("D:\Temp\BluRay\CABINFEVER2\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00005.dgi",fieldop=0)" -> Drag&Drop into VirtualDub2 -> "DGSource: Could not open one of the input files."
MeGUI does not play a role in this constelation. And as I said, with the previous build I have no issue in any try.

Now I loaded the mpls and saved the dgi into "D:\Temp\BluRay\CABINFEVER2\BDMV\STREAM". It also result into loading issues. Thats strange...
Old 18th September 2018, 19:08   #6369  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

I can't duplicate any of that. And as I said, there is no relevant difference between builds 158 and 159.

Last edited by videoh; 18th September 2018 at 19:14.
Old 18th September 2018, 19:19   #6370  |  Link
Morku

Mh... and the uploaded dgi also shows no issues? Maybe someone else will report soon. If you have any idea, just ask.
If I am able isolate the problem somemore, I will tell. But thank you for support.
I will try another Blu-ray soon.
Old 18th September 2018, 21:51   #6371  |  Link
Zathor

MeGUI does already check and add/correct some settings in the dgindexnv.ini:
- Full_Path_In_Files=1
- ResponseOnAudioMismatch=1
- Enable_Info_Log=1

You can see that ResponseOnAudioMismatch=1 has been set based on your uploaded log.

However what makes me wonder is this here:
Code:
--[Information] [18.09.2018 16:51:24] File:
--[Warning] [18.09.2018 16:51:24] The file cannot be opened
So MeGUI tries to get the information for an emtpy file name. Do you know how you have done that?
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2018, 22:36   #6372  |  Link
Morku

This happen already at point: "start MeGUI (64 Bit) -> AVS Script Creator -> load 0005.mpls -> File indexerer -> DGIndexNV -> No Audio -> Queue"
Than going to Log shows already 2 MediaInfo warnings. But this also occurs when use another DGIndexNV version or even select L-SMASH. So it's unrelated to the Indexerer.
I also tested a typical mp4 file and get the errors in log and tried MeGUI 32-Bit, same error.
Old 18th September 2018, 23:33   #6373  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

I get the same errors in the log but everything continues to work normally.

The reason I can't get too excited about this is Morku's insistence that it happens with 159 but not 158. Since there is no relevant difference I have to assume that he has things set up differently for the two versions and it is that difference that interests me.

Regarding Morku's two DGI files, one has full paths and one doesn't. Both should work and in fact do work fine for me. It should be irrelevant, however, because as Zathor pointed out MeGUI is setting full paths.

Last edited by videoh; 19th September 2018 at 02:50.
Old 19th September 2018, 06:44   #6374  |  Link
Zathor

I found the issue with the MediaInfo warning. However yes, it does not matter (will be changed nevertheless).

Morku, do you ever have created with MeGUI a dgi file which did not contain the full paths? If yes, could you please share the dgindexnv.ini and log of that index process?
Old 19th September 2018, 17:07   #6375  |  Link
Morku

Okay, one more update: my issue is not related to 159 only. To verify, I replaced DGDecodeNV.dll and DGIndexNV.exe back to 158 and saved a dgi with the DGIndexNV GUI into D:\Temp\BluRay\CABINFEVER2\BDMV\PLAYLIST without enabled full paths (0). It ends into my loading issue.

I noticed, when I press Start my Queue to have the Index in progress, MeGUI overwrite the ini file to Full_Path_In_Files=1. I did never noticed that before.
I have no idea, why my issue started happen to me, when I updated to 159 and MeGUI propably keep it at 0(?) and was 'fixed' when I reverted to 158. I feel little dumb at the moment, because for now iot works in MeGUI fine. I still can repeat it, when I change it back to 0 and save the dgi with DGIndexNV.

To show you, I recorded a little clip. You can watch directly at Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rmc5cxpiol...MeGUI.mp4?dl=0

Last edited by Morku; 19th September 2018 at 17:11.
Old 19th September 2018, 18:02   #6376  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

For the manual failure scenario you described, where is the AVS script located? Also please post that script and the DGI file.

Finally, for this scenario when you say "my loading issue" do you mean that when you load the script in Vdub2 it says it could not open one of the source files?

If it is repeatable for you we should be able to get to the bottom of it.

Last edited by videoh; 19th September 2018 at 18:05.
Old 19th September 2018, 20:20   #6377  |  Link
Morku

The script is located at: "D:\Temp\BluRay\cabin\Cabin Fever 2 (BD).avs"
It contains:
Code:
LoadPlugin("D:\Sonstiges\Videotools\MeGUI\tools\dgindexnv\DGDecodeNV.dll")
DGSource("D:\Temp\BluRay\CABINFEVER2\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00005.dgi",fieldop=0)
Here again a new dgi file without "full paths", resulting in an error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9235ocs8z...00005.dgi?dl=1

The ini contains following:
Code:
Version=DGIndexNV 2053.0.0.159
Window_Position=0,0
Info_Window_Position=189,21
Process_Priority=2
Playback_Speed=3
AVS_Template_Folder=
AVS_Template_File=template.avs
AVS_Template_File_Index=0
AVS_Enable_Template=1
AVS_Overwrite=0
Full_Path_In_Files=0
MRUList[0]=D:\Temp\BluRay\CABINFEVER2\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00005.mpls
MRUList[1]=D:\Temp\BluRay\CABINFEVER2\BDMV\STREAM\00005.m2ts
MRUList[2]=
MRUList[3]=
Enable_Info_Log=0
Loop_Playback=0
AVC_Extension=264
MPG_Extension=m2v
VC1_Extension=vc1
HEVC_Extension=265
Deinterlace=0
UsePF=0
AlwaysCrop=1
UseD3D=0
Snapped=0
ResponseOnAudioMismatch=0
Enable_Audio_Demux=0
CUDA_Device=255
Decode_Modes=0,0,0,0
Full_Info=1
Bare_Demux=0
Disable_Encrypted_Audio_Warning=0
Fine_Cropping=0
Force_Zoom=0
StrictAVC=0
PGSForcedOnly=0
When drag&drop the avs into VirtualDub2, it says "DGSource: Could not open one of the input files.". You see it in my video.
I recorded all my steps in this video (indexing waiting time is skipped) to show the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m08f4mty2v...dexNV.mp4?dl=0
I also shows when I enable full path, that the new dgi doesn't result into an error, but i needs to create a new dgi file.

Last edited by Morku; 19th September 2018 at 20:22.
Old 19th September 2018, 21:59   #6378  |  Link
Zathor

Code:
2880 [AVS Script Creator]   fixed initial MediaInfo warning (regression of 2877)
2879 [Queue]                improved power save mode supression (requires at least Windows 7)
2878 [MediaInfo]            improved track detection of Blu-ray playlists
Old 19th September 2018, 22:50   #6379  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morku View Post
The script is located at: "D:\Temp\BluRay\cabin\Cabin Fever 2 (BD).avs"
Thank you for the information, Morku. It is all clear now. Because the relative path starts with ..\STREAM\, the AVS script must be located in a directory on the same level as STREAM. That is expected to be ..\PLAYLIST for a BluRay folder tree. Due to the way Avisynth operates, the base of a relative path is the location of the script. This is why DGIndexNV auto-creates the script (if enabled) in the same directory as the source file, so that the script can use the plain file name.

Bottom line: behaving as designed. The reason the full path option was added was because users wanted to place their scripts in a directory different from the source file, as you are trying to do. What I have done for the next build is added a line to the error popup saying to use full paths if the script and source file are apart.

BTW, you do not need to re-index; you can edit the DGI to add the full paths. But this should never be necessary as MeGUI forces full paths.

Last edited by videoh; 20th September 2018 at 03:33.
Old 20th September 2018, 05:21   #6380  |  Link
hello_hello

Does videoh = neuron2?
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote