Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd October 2016, 06:58   #1  |  Link
Lathe

processing a file that is 720p at 29.97 fps...

Heh, it should have told me something when I did a search for the above title and of all the results that I got back, not ONE was from Doom9, Videohelp, Afterdawn, nothing...

So, I'm pretty much guessing that this file that I have which is at a 720p resolution and at a frame rate of 29.97 is likely NOT supposed to be that way...

I mean, it looks pretty good. It's an old film that is not commercially available and I GUESS since it is progressive (as shown by MediInfo) when I stepped through it frame by frame I didn't see any blurring or combing or anything like that. Soooooo, I'm wanting to run it through a few Avisynth filters, nothing heavy, but I'm kind of thinking that before I do that I really need to know what I should do about this resolution at this frame rate, because I'm pretty darn sure that it is NOT part of the Blu-ray standard.

Since it is not telecined (I think) I cannot really IVTC it I'm pretty sure, right? So, I guess I can take a snippet of it and run it through TSMuxer and put it into a BDMV folder to see how my OPPO will play it or how it will look.

Anyway, any suggestions as to what I should do first?

Thanks!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote