Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 27th October 2014, 11:42   #341  |  Link
oreons
MkvToMp4 author

Fixed iTunes search: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/..._exe_fixed.zip
oreons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2014, 14:20   #342  |  Link
luke83

I've this error and the video-audio is out of sync

Quote:
Started processing file: K:/Documents and Settings/Luca/Documenti/Video/106 - Camelia Rossa.mkv
Starting MkvExtract with the parameters:
../Tools/mkvextract\mkvextract tracks "K:/Documents and Settings/Luca/Documenti/Video/106 - Camelia Rossa.mkv" 0:"../Temp/video.264"
Estrazione traccia 0 con ID codec 'V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC' nel file '../Temp/video.264'. Formato contenitore: AVC/h.264 elementary stream
Starting Eac3To with the parameters:
..\Tools\eac3to\eac3to "K:\Documents and Settings\Luca\Documenti\Video\106 - Camelia Rossa.mkv" "..\Temp\106 - Camelia Rossa_new.AAC" +9ms -progressnumbers
MKV, 1 video track, 3 audio tracks, 3 subtitle tracks, 0:23:09, 30p /1.001
1: h264/AVC, Japanese, 720p30 /1.001
"Naruto Shippuden 106 - Camelia rossa by danny11 & LeBlanco"
2: AAC, Italian, 2.0 channels, 48kHz, 9ms
"[AAC]"
3: AAC, English, 2.0 channels, 48kHz, 9ms
"[AAC]"
4: AAC, Japanese, 2.0 channels, 48kHz
"[AAC]"
5: Subtitle (ASS), Italian, "[FORCED]"
6: Subtitle (ASS), Italian, "[ASS]"
7: Subtitle (ASS), English, "[ASS]"
Track 2 is used for destination file "106 - Camelia Rossa_new.AAC".
a02 Extracting audio track number 2...
a02 Applying AAC delay...
a02 A remaining delay of -3ms could not be fixed.
a02 Creating file "..\Temp\106 - Camelia Rossa_new.AAC"...
Video track 1 contains 38390 frames.
Done.
Creating an index file K:/Documents and Settings/Luca/Documenti/Video/106 - Camelia Rossa.mkv
Starting Mp4Box with the parameters:
../Tools/mp4box/x32/mp4box -new -add "../Temp/video.264":fps=25 ../Temp/video.mp4 -tmp "../Temp/Mp4Box"
AVC-H264 import - frame size 1280 x 720 at 25.000 FPS
AVC Import results: 38390 samples - Slices: 602 I 15807 P 21981 B - 6 SEI - 602 IDR
Saving ../Temp/video.mp4: 0.500 secs Interleaving
../Tools/mp4box/x32/mp4box -nhml 1 ../Temp/video.mp4 -tmp "../Temp/Mp4Box"
Converting video timecodes...
Warning! The number does not match the timecodes: 38385 <--> 38390

Converting timecodes completed.
../Tools/mp4box/x32/MP4Box.exe -new -add "../Temp/video_out.nhml":lang=jpn:name="Naruto Shippuden 106 _ Camelia rossa by danny11 _ LeBlanco" -itags tool="MkvToMp4 [www.mkvtomp4.ru] version 0.224 (x32)" "K:/Documents and Settings/Luca/Documenti/Video/Shippuden/HD 5\106 - Camelia Rossa.mp4" -tmp "../Temp/Mp4Box"
NHML import - Stream Type Visual - ObjectTypeIndication 0x21
Saving K:/Documents and Settings/Luca/Documenti/Video/Shippuden/HD 5\106 - Camelia Rossa.mp4: 0.500 secs Interleaving
Correction mp4 file.
TKHD atom correction for video. TRAK 1
Writing tags in file: K:/Documents and Settings/Luca/Documenti/Video/Shippuden/HD 5\106 - Camelia Rossa.mp4
Optimizing the file K:/Documents and Settings/Luca/Documenti/Video/Shippuden/HD 5\106 - Camelia Rossa.mp4
Open result file K:/Documents and Settings/Luca/Documenti/Video/Shippuden/HD 5\106 - Camelia Rossa.mp4 for test.
The file K:/Documents and Settings/Luca/Documenti/Video/106 - Camelia Rossa.mkv is processed successfully
File processing time: 53 sec.
Total time: 53 sec.
1 files processed.
luke83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2014, 11:22   #343  |  Link
Mr. Monte

Ok....new weird error. May be associated with ios 8.1

The artwork looks fine in itunes. However, on my ipad it now is just a grey box with a clipart of a PC in the center.

Any ideas?
Mr. Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2015, 03:05   #344  |  Link
jriker1

I'm thinking no way to do this, however is there a way to do a lossless MP4 conversion with mkvtomp4 when it needs to reencode? Since it has vbr/cbr settings hard coded when editing a profile tried adding --qp 0 in the manual settings box but errored and the entry was automatically removed.

Last edited by jriker1; 19th February 2015 at 04:20.
jriker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 20:42   #345  |  Link
Visor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreons View Post
Just tried the fix, but it still randomly hangs on "Loading artworks. Waiting..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Monte View Post

The artwork looks fine in itunes. However, on my ipad it now is just a grey box with a clipart of a PC in the center.

Any ideas?
This is a known problem with iTunes. You need to download an image that is a perfect square (e.g. 600x600 pixels) for the image to be picked up on your iPad. Mp4ToMkv used to show these square images in its artwork section, but at some point these images were removed from the list.

Oreons, would you be able to look further into the 2 issues above?

Much obliged,
Visor
Visor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2015, 07:51   #346  |  Link
mimic

The TV covers seems to be broken. Can you fix please.

Thanks
mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 21:00   #347  |  Link
Visor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visor View Post
Just tried the fix, but it still randomly hangs on "Loading artworks. Waiting..."
Finally figured things out. I had to set the iTunes Country to be "United States". I had to set it under Settings -> Tags -> iTunes. Setting it only under the "Tags Search" window won't work. I live in Canada, so I guess certain shows / movies aren't available here which is probably why it couldn't find any artwork.

Also, here's a tip for those of you who found that random episodes won't import into iTunes: when you edit the tags for each episode, try unchecking the "ContentID" and "XID" options. This will clear out these codes (which can confuse iTunes, especially if you're in a different country) and you should hopefully be able to see all the episodes when importing.
Old 15th April 2015, 06:40   #348  |  Link
mimic

Hi,

Not sure why but the covers started working again.

Another slight problem and I'm not sure how to fix.

Why would the audio encoder add 1000 plus ms to a video? The video in question runs fine (mkv) but after I use this program the audio is out of sync. Only happens one one film and to my knowledge it's never happened before. I've double checked the file and there's no errors with it.

Thanks for any help
Old 3rd July 2015, 15:53   #349  |  Link
Mr. Monte

I'm guessing the author is not updating this SW. I've notice many of the tools used have significant updates (eac3to & mkvtools). I've been updating them manually for months.
Old 18th July 2015, 19:27   #350  |  Link
RamGuy

Could you upload the ones you have updated manually? I have not read up on how to update the various tools within MKVtoMP4 so I don't really know how to do it myself.
RamGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2015, 11:50   #351  |  Link
mimic

I just went through and updated them.

Is it the program end of life oreons or are you planning an update?

Either way it's still working so all's not lost
Old 18th August 2015, 21:53   #352  |  Link
Mr. Monte

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
Could you upload the ones you have updated manually? I have not read up on how to update the various tools within MKVtoMP4 so I don't really know how to do it myself.
Here is the UPDATED COMPLETE package. Also, I have included text files in the tools subfolders so individuals can keep their tools updates.

All tools have been updated as of 08-18-2015

Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/?29kwnmrpt2r5qfx

Last edited by Mr. Monte; 18th August 2015 at 22:58.
Old 2nd September 2015, 16:16   #353  |  Link
Visor

Quote:
I'm guessing the author is not updating this SW.
I believe this to be true. The software's author (Oreons) seems to participate more often on his videohelp.com forum, and in one of his latest responses (from Nov. 2014) he said the following:

"Now I have time only for bug fixes "

The latest "bug" that I've observed is that when I upgraded to Windows 10, artwork no longer showed up for any of my searches. I downgraded back to Windows 7 and the artwork returned. This is something that I'll post in the videohelp forum, and hopefully Oreons will be able to find the time to address this.

Last edited by Visor; 2nd September 2015 at 16:31.
Old 15th September 2015, 11:45   #354  |  Link
dror.sharon

Quote:

Any ideas?
This is an iTunes issue, not with the software itself. It happens to me with all TV shows no matter the origin.

Does the developer still check these forums? Because there are several issues with Windows 10 and with the new HEVC format, which is not supported but videos are starting to pop up using it.
dror.sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 22:13   #355  |  Link
Mr. Monte

Unsure, I for one don't "plan" to move to H265 (HEVC) until Western Digital or someone comes out with a good video player that plays movies from a external USB port and supports MKV, ISO formats.

I own 3 WDTV Lives..one of the best...if you ask me
Old 17th October 2015, 23:35   #356  |  Link
Gurn

MkvToMp4 needs H.265 decoding ability

I also have the WDTV issue as folks using almost any of these type of devices must.

Is it possible to manually update this program to support decoding H.265?

tia
Gurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 12:07   #357  |  Link
Jamaika

For me program is obsolete. Probably not live to see a new version.

Convert MP4 to Matroska I understand the use, but Matroska to conteiner MP4 is nonsense.
It should be Matroska VP8/VP9/H264/H265/PCM/AC3/AAC to MOV, but that is my opinion.
Reflection on the theme covers, pictures, artwork, add-item, attachment, font described at the forum.filmowiec.pl and conversion should be done manually. The reason is simple. Very often the programs are updated, but it doesn't always work correctly. These additives aren't interactive because video players don't support photo formats. Subtitles ASS are still treated as pirated. It doesn't support this Windows 10 or Cyberlink PowerDirector 14. I will probably never be implemented.

Last edited by Jamaika; 18th October 2015 at 12:10.
Jamaika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 17:27   #358  |  Link
Gurn

Updating MkvToMp4

I've been updating the components found in the tools folder and haven't been able to find an updated GSConv.exe, does anyone know of a current source for GSConv.exe?

tia
Gurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2016, 21:15   #359  |  Link
JCW2001

Quote:
Here is the UPDATED COMPLETE package. Also, I have included text files in the tools subfolders so individuals can keep their tools updates.

All tools have been updated as of 08-18-2015

Code:
https://www.mediafire.com/?29kwnmrpt2r5qfx
Thanks so much for making this updated version -- this tool is exactly what I want... apart from one thing: It doesn't recognize Vobsub subtitles

Does anyone know how I can take some mkv files I've created and switch them to mp4... while keeping the subtitles??
JCW2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2017, 02:16   #360  |  Link
Visor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaika View Post
For me program is obsolete. Probably not live to see a new version.
Agreed, given that the author (Oreons) has been MIA for a few years now. This is still the most robust MKV to MP4 remuxer out there, with full metadata support among other things. It worked best on Windows 7 (and maybe 8?), and I'm seriously considering creating a VM install of Windows 7 just to regain full functionality of this app, as it's proven to be too buggy in Windows 10 for me.

Quote:
Convert MP4 to Matroska I understand the use, but Matroska to container MP4 is nonsense.
Actually, MP4 is not nonsense, and you'll find it to be the most commonly supported container in most HD-capable playback devices, including as cell phones, tablets, game consoles, etc. This is because the MP4 container is a formal standard that was developed by the Moving Pictures Experts Group (MPEG). Many media companies support this container because of DRM features among other things.

Matroska / MKV containers, while much more robust, are open-source, with standards set outside of the MPEG group. Since media companies are not fond of unregulated technology (including lack of DRM), they generally avoid it for these reasons.

Since my wife and I own an assortment of iPads and Apple TVs, it makes sense to build an MP4 collection that supplements our MKV collection where needed.

P.S. I'm aware that there are apps out there that allow you to remux MKV files on the fly for iPads, iPhones, etc., but they tend to drain the devices' batteries rather quickly, and don't exactly have perfect output (e.g. NPlayer drops a frame once every 10 seconds).

Quote:
It should be Matroska VP8/VP9/H264/H265/PCM/AC3/AAC to MOV, but that is my opinion.
Why on Earth would you want to use the MOV container format in this day and age? The MOV container was developed by Apple for their (now rapidly aging) QuickTime Player. It was the predecessor to MP4, not its successor or competitor. Nowadays, MP4 is the industry standard and has more widespread support than MOV.

Regards,
Visor

Last edited by Visor; 24th January 2017 at 02:21.

Tags
mkv, mkvtomp4, mp4, repack, video