Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 9th February 2010, 14:35   #6821  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bystander View Post
I am re-doing the process as I type. My target size is 60GB so that it does not compress or shrink it down for BD-25. Will report what BD-Info reports when it completes in a few minutes.
For that target, you do not need BD-RB, just a straight rip, at least if you are using AnyDVD HD.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 14:59   #6822  |  Link
Bystander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
For that target, you do not need BD-RB, just a straight rip, at least if you are using AnyDVD HD.
Regardless. BD-Rebuilder failed to process the DTS MA HD again. BD-Info says the end result was DD 640kbps. Maybe due to the disc not having English subtitles? It is "uncoded language" according to BD-Rebuilder.

My Setup options are: Do NOT convert DTS to AC3 (BR), Do not reencode AC3 (BR), and Keep HD Audio for BD24 encoding are all CHECKED. The only other CHECKMARKS are English Audio language to keep (limit to one track for each language), and English Subtitle Language to keep (Limit to one track for each language).

Last edited by Bystander; 9th February 2010 at 15:03.
Bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 15:10   #6823  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I just tried the Blu-ray disc of 2L - The Nordic Sound. It has a DTS MA HD, LPCM, and DD. I have the option using the latest beta to pick the DTS MA or LPCM. If I pick the DTS MA HD track only (which is what I want) it processes 100%, but when I go to playback in TMT3 it reports DD 640kps with no extra audio to choose. Any ideas to fix this?
Tell me something. When you opened BD-RB, was the audio track already selected, or did you need to double-click on the track to remove the red X? I think I may have found a scenario in which the SETUP flags are not applied against selections that are changed via the GUI interface (as opposed to those that are selected through the SETUP options).

@9020v

I think this is your problem. I appreciate your report, as it included the clue that helped me find this.

Last edited by jdobbs; 9th February 2010 at 16:14.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2010, 15:39   #6824  |  Link
Bystander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Tell me something. When you opened BD-RB, was the audio track already selected, or did you need to double-click on the track to remove the red X? I think I may have found a scenario in which the SETUP flags are not applied against selections that are changed via the GUI interface (as opposed to those that are selected through the SETUP options).

@9020v

I think this may be your problem.
Yes, there were 2 red X's over the Audio tracks. Both DTS MA HD and LPCM. I had to select the DTS MA HD track so it had the "red green blue yellow disc icon". Left the LPCM with a RED X. I also noticed it opened a dos window to execute a command line... though it may always do that as I do not watch the progress bar go from 0 to 100%. I also notice that it does not report DTS MA HD as is listed on the Blu-ray, reported by Blu-ray player and BD-Info. BD Rebuilder reports it as DTS HD XLL or something like that.

See pic:
Attached Images

Last edited by Bystander; 9th February 2010 at 15:44.
Old 9th February 2010, 16:13   #6825  |  Link
jdobbs

Is this an original (unmodified/not preprocessed) source? I've never seen a commercial disc that didn't have the language code set. It looks more like something that has been authored in TSMUXER and the language wasn't selected.

What I mentioned above is definitely your problem. It'll be fixed in the next release.

[Edit] Actually I have to correct myself. When "Uncoded Languages" comes up it means the language code was set to "mis" -- which means it is in a language that isn't included in the ISO three-letter language list. Interesting. I've never seen that, as there are over 500 languages included.

Last edited by jdobbs; 9th February 2010 at 16:21.
Old 10th February 2010, 03:14   #6826  |  Link
Bystander

Quote:
Is this an original (unmodified/not preprocessed) source? I've never seen a commercial disc that didn't have the language code set. It looks more like something that has been authored in TSMUXER and the language wasn't selected.

What I mentioned above is definitely your problem. It'll be fixed in the next release.

[Edit] Actually I have to correct myself. When "Uncoded Languages" comes up it means the language code was set to "mis" -- which means it is in a language that isn't included in the ISO three-letter language list. Interesting. I've never seen that, as there are over 500 languages included.
Sorry so late. Just got back from work. Yes that is from the original disc inserted and AnyDVD HD 6.6.2.0 running.
Old 10th February 2010, 04:20   #6827  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

Quote:
Sorry so late. Just got back from work. Yes that is from the original disc inserted and AnyDVD HD 6.6.2.0 running.
maybe its your AnyDVD HD as they have only 6.6.0.9 official release, are you running a beta or pre-release?
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 06:21   #6828  |  Link
Bystander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei View Post
maybe its your AnyDVD HD as they have only 6.6.0.9 official release, are you running a beta or pre-release?
It's not AnyDVD HD.
Old 10th February 2010, 10:13   #6829  |  Link
BlackWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakashi Sensei View Post
There is a AnyDVD HD v6.6.2.0 beta out.
BlackWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 12:41   #6830  |  Link
Bystander

6.6.2.2. is out
Old 10th February 2010, 15:54   #6831  |  Link
Race Guy

Quote:
FYI jdobbs, on that "Pans Lab" I discussed, the MA 7.1 was "Spanish".

In my audio setup, I have "English only" checked and I have "Limit to one" checked. So when the project loaded, the MA 7.1 was "red X'd" & I had to select it.

So that's prolly the issue!
Race Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 16:36   #6832  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Guy View Post

In my audio setup, I have "English only" checked and I have "Limit to one" checked. So when the project loaded, the MA 7.1 was "red X'd" & I had to select it.

Cool. I've fixed that issue. Actually I'm a little surprised I hadn't noticed it before -- I guess I pretty much leave what I get from the SETUP menu most of the time. I also rarely keep HD audio (a waste of space most of the time IMHO) -- but I have tested it a lot.
Old 10th February 2010, 16:57   #6833  |  Link
iSeries

Hi,

Trying to re-encode 'The Invention Of Lying' (UK) to BD25. Got this error right at the end:

-----------------------
[20:52:05] BD Rebuilder v0.31.06 (beta)
- Source: INVENTION_OF_LYING
- Input BD size: 27.91 GB
- Approximate total content: [01:39:42.976]
- Target BD size: 22.46 GB
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7600]
- MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
- Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[20:52:06] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [20:52:06] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00001]
- [21:24:26] Reencoding: VID_00001 (1 of 1)
- Error in attempt to multiplex: MUX_00001.meta
- Matroska parse error: invalid H264 NAL unit size. NAL unit truncated.
[15:04:16] - Failed to build structure, aborted

I tried to manually mux with tsmuxer but it got about 14% in and failed with the same error.
iSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 17:31   #6834  |  Link
Bystander

Quote:

When I saw the red x, I clicked on the DTS track and it converted it to DD 640kbps. So two things on the Nordic Sound BR is it did not detect DTS MA HD only DTS HD XLL and when it is selected it gets converted to DD.
Old 10th February 2010, 18:24   #6835  |  Link
Race Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bystander View Post
when i saw the red x, i clicked on the dts track and it converted it to dd 640kbps. So two things on the nordic sound br is it did not detect dts ma hd only dts hd xll and when it is selected it gets converted to dd.
Hey bystander! FYI, XLL = MA
Race Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 19:50   #6836  |  Link
Bystander

Quote:
And DTS is DTS, not DD. THAT is the problem I reported. Anything else is extra information. Selecting a dts track and have it come out as DD is not correct based on the settings in the setup menu.
Old 10th February 2010, 19:50   #6837  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I refer to it as XLL because that's what it is called in the Blu-Ray standard for that specific stream_encoding_type based on the embedded code (0x86). Other people/software can call it what they want -- but BD-RB is a blu-ray backup program.

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th February 2010 at 19:53.
Old 10th February 2010, 19:53   #6838  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
And DTS is DTS, not DD. THAT is the problem I reported. Anything else is extra information. Selecting a dts track and have it come out as DD is not correct based on the settings in the setup menu.
And I already told you it is fixed and will be in the next release.

What do you want... blood? This is beta software, and this is exactly the kind of thing beta testing is meant to find. You reported it -- I fixed it. In your post you said:
Quote:
it did not detect DTS MA HD only DTS HD XLL
Race Guy was simply telling you that they are one and the same.

Last edited by jdobbs; 10th February 2010 at 19:56.
Old 10th February 2010, 21:04   #6839  |  Link
Bystander

Quote:
And I already told you it is fixed and will be in the next release.

What do you want... blood? This is beta software, and this is exactly the kind of thing beta testing is meant to find. You reported it -- I fixed it. In your post you said:Race Guy was simply telling you that they are one and the same.
Yes I require blood and lots of it!. Seemed like an attack. I treated it as such. Nothing was directed towards you. I was fine with your response and only replied to individuals that commented on my post(s). Appreciate fixing the problem. I will be happy to test and report back when your next beta is released.
Old 10th February 2010, 21:09   #6840  |  Link
jdobbs

BD Rebuilder v0.31.07 (beta)

I have updated the first post of this thread with a new release of BD-RB (v0.31.07). Changes for this version are:
Code:
- Corrected an error in which BD-RB may convert audio
  to AC3 even though it has not been selected to do so
  in the SETUP dialog.  This could happen only when a
  previously X'ed out track has been selected via the
  stream list GUI.
- Added an option to "force" subtitles on movie-only
  encodes. You can select the subtitle to be displayed
  by default by right-clicking on the appropriate sub
  in the "Streams" list.  You can unselect in the same
  manner.  Note that the setting is (purposefully) not
  persistent between BD-RB runs.
- Improved program resiliency to certain types of
  source errors.  
- Corrected some error reports to reflect a more
  accurate depiction of errors encountered.
- Modified the default setting for "VERBOSE" mode. It
  is now "On" as the default setting.
- Increased default output size for BD-25 slightly.
- Updated the included version of X264.EXE to the
  latest release (r1416 w/nal-hrd patch).
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.