Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 25th February 2010, 20:40   #41  |  Link
Tripledrop

Possibly
Tripledrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 23:21   #42  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwh060 View Post
Playback was perfect, although I managed to miss blanking one of the "extra's"! I'll proces it again when I have time.
I'm trying my hand at this, and it seems there are some "intro" types that are impossible to preview for some reason, for example "PG-13 Parents are Strongly Cautioned" on bright blue screen and "The following Interviews and Commentary are for entertainment purposes only..." both of which appear for about 12secs after selecting Play but before the main title starts.

But as I say when I Preview every Title and/or every item in PLAYLIST I can't seem to find these, I find mostly black screens.

Does anyone have any tips/magic for how you find these particular types of Intros? It seems the only way is to play each/every STREAM with MPC and then find the mpls that references it?
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 00:20   #43  |  Link
Capsbackup

@laserfan;
I believe you need Avisynth 2.8 installed and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
For preview to work you need to have functioning avisynth+splitters+filters...etc.
Uninstall HAALI splitter and reinstall it with MPEG-TS and MPEG-PS options enabled.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 05:56   #44  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Have in mind that the preview defaults to the middle of a clip. Sometimes you need to move the preview slider to the left or to the right to see the actual content if you see 'black' frame.
Old 26th February 2010, 15:34   #45  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Have in mind that the preview defaults to the middle of a clip. Sometimes you need to move the preview slider to the left or to the right to see the actual content if you see 'black' frame.
Yeah I know that and have tried it, but even when I know what the offending title is I don't see the frame in Preview (I can however see them in MPC btw). I might've expected that if what I'm having trouble with is screens that are single images that are "played" for x secs that I'd see them at the very beginning (slider all the way left) but I do not.
Old 26th February 2010, 16:07   #46  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Yeah I know that and have tried it, but even when I know what the offending title is I don't see the frame in Preview (I can however see them in MPC btw). I might've expected that if what I'm having trouble with is screens that are single images that are "played" for x secs that I'd see them at the very beginning (slider all the way left) but I do not.
I have noticed this too, so I will use BDInfo along with MPC to find which .mpls/.m2ts are what I want to blank, then perform the blanking with MultiAVCHD. Much more tedious and time consuming, but results are more accurate than guessing at a short black preview.
Old 26th February 2010, 16:10   #47  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

The disc I had trouble with has literally hundreds of these single-frame (otherwise blank) m2ts, and corresponding mpls, so it was a huge PIA to find the ones I wanted to blank. I have another idea I'm gonna try today...
Old 26th February 2010, 16:31   #48  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
The disc I had trouble with has literally hundreds of these single-frame (otherwise blank) m2ts, and corresponding mpls, so it was a huge PIA to find the ones I wanted to blank. I have another idea I'm gonna try today...
I have run across a few discs that have many small .m2ts files too, so if you find something good, please share...
Old 26th February 2010, 17:10   #49  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Well, my thought was that on import mAVCHD says "There are 600 images--do you want to make a slideshow" and I was hoping this would let me see these uglies, but no dice.

deank, if you know what we are talking about (these "PG-13" and "Commentary is that of the commenters" screens that precede movies after Play) can you think of anything to help us out. Those "FBI" and "Interpol" warnings tend to be videos thus make them easy to spot in Preview, but the others don't appear at all and thus are very, very difficult to find and eradicate.
Old 26th February 2010, 17:15   #50  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

If the disk is BD-J it is possible that these images are java resources.

When you click the preview frame mplayer should try to play the current m2ts. Does it show anything?
Old 26th February 2010, 17:46   #51  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
If the disk is BD-J it is possible that these images are java resources.

When you click the preview frame mplayer should try to play the current m2ts. Does it show anything?
One I have only displays a black screen with :
MultiAVCHD.deanbg.com with the time display.
The time slider works, but this is the only screen displayed.
The associated .m2ts file is 492kb, a warning, with a 1:51 time frame that must be a still since if I open it with MPC, the time of 1:51 is there but it just opens and immediately finishes at 1:51.

EDIT:
MPC shows the 1:51 time display, but MultiAVCHD shows 00:00:10.009, V_MPEG-2, 1920x1080P(1.778), 23.976, ref frames: 0

Last edited by Capsbackup; 26th February 2010 at 17:54.
Old 26th February 2010, 20:47   #52  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
One I have only displays a black screen with :
MultiAVCHD.deanbg.com with the time display.
The time slider works, but this is the only screen displayed
This is typical of what I see also. Should we upload a couple deank for you to look at, or do you need more structure than just .m2ts???
Old 26th February 2010, 21:10   #53  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

multiAVCHD depends on directshow to decode at least one frame of the video. If it fails it shows the web-thumbnail. It even tries to demux the video with eac3to if m2ts is <2MBs and display it if directshow fails... I don't know what else I can do.
Old 26th February 2010, 21:26   #54  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
multiAVCHD depends on directshow to decode at least one frame of the video. If it fails it shows the web-thumbnail. It even tries to demux the video with eac3to if m2ts is <2MBs and display it if directshow fails... I don't know what else I can do.
Your program works great!
This, to me, is just a small issue. It can be time consuming though, which is a little annoying, but luckily I only have experienced a few Blu-Rays that have many of these types of files.
Considering what you have done so far, especially recently, I, in know way, am complaining!!
Just happy to be testing the different options, and there are so many, when I can find time.
Old 26th February 2010, 21:32   #55  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Well, I dunno deank but here is an example of a "Parental Guidance" MPEG2 that will not Preview in mAVCHD but will appear using simple MediaPlayerClassic 6491

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vmrt00zhtv4/05002.m2ts

To be able to see these in mAVCHD would be a wonderful thing for those of us who are annoyed by all these kinds of movie intros...
Old 26th February 2010, 21:47   #56  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Well.. I have no problem with this file... you can hear the sound of eac3to demuxing it and it is displayed:

It is MPEG2 and it probably means that your directshow settings won't let multiAVCHD decode it... Either you're using the latest (broken) haali or using it without MPEG-PS/MPEG-TS checkboxes, or something else in your ffdshow settings (if you use it).

Last edited by deank; 26th February 2010 at 21:50.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2010, 22:34   #57  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Well.. I have no problem with this file... you can hear the sound of eac3to demuxing it ...
It is MPEG2 and it probably means that your directshow settings won't let multiAVCHD decode it... Either you're using the latest (broken) haali or using it without MPEG-PS/MPEG-TS checkboxes, or something else in your ffdshow settings (if you use it).
Wow, well thanks deank at least now I have something to troubleshoot. Dunno what you mean that you "hear eac3to demuxing it" at least I do not see any eac3to opening in Task Manager. I guess that means my ffdshow is hosed somehow; libavcodec is selected for MPEG2. I have (and reinstalled) Haali from Jan2009. I'll find it--thanks for looking!!
Old 26th February 2010, 22:49   #58  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

When eac3to demuxes the video (because is it a small file) you will hear the default eac3to "done!" sound.

Honestly I'll have to build a clean OS PC and test everything... Right now I'm using my laptop without any codec changes since september 2008 and everything works. I never updated/installed any new versions of ffdshow and I am too using haali dated Jan 2009.

The only thing I have is MPC which came with "realalt137-RMVB-FILTER.exe" - This is VERY VERY old (May 14th 2005) program/pack which has mplayerc.exe, and some additions for realmedia... The only things I have installed are ffdshow, avisynth, haali and this pack.

I never needed anything else nor installed anything... It's been this way for 4-5 years (exception for haali and ffdshow from august 2008).
Old 26th February 2010, 23:14   #59  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
When eac3to demuxes the video (because is it a small file) you will hear the default eac3to "done!" sound.

Honestly I'll have to build a clean OS PC and test everything...
I had to remind myself what that was (the "champagne cork" sound of course) and I've never heard that when working with mAVCD.

I'd DL'ed the Haali version pointed-to from your website which is 1.9.355.21. I had been using v1.9.42.1 but doesn't matter--1.9.355.21 doesn't work either. I got the bright idea to go into Haali options and check "Display error messages" and sure enough, when I go to Preview in mAVCHD I get a Haali error "Error: can't open file Unspecified error" so at least I have something to troubleshoot now ("why doesn't my Haali installation like these files").

My installation is a relatively new W7 x64 but every other video task is handled well so I dunno why it doesn't like this corner of mAVCHD. I'll keep plunking at it.
Old 26th February 2010, 23:45   #60  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
I had to remind myself what that was (the "champagne cork" sound of course) and I've never heard that when working with mAVCD.
Well I just learned something. I was wondering why I hear that sound on some previews but not on others.
Interesting that some of these files, like the PG-13 displayed above, work for me while others, some warnings and some "commentaries do not express blah, blah..." do not show.