Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 20th April 2017, 13:30   #1941  |  Link
luigizaninoni

Name:  Cattura.PNG
Views: 504
Size:  17.3 KB

this is with ffmpeg. don't know if you can with eac3to though inside staxrip

Last edited by luigizaninoni; 20th April 2017 at 13:35.
luigizaninoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2017, 14:00   #1942  |  Link
stax76

this works for me:

stax76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2017, 23:55   #1943  |  Link
VincAlastor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
this works for me:

With your helpful tip it works finally! Thanks

I had to change dtsma to dtshd or better let "supported input types" empty, but yes it works )))

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
1. I don't see any input file specified for eac3to. (eac3to input.wav stdout.wav .....)
2. %audio_bitrate" ? Should be %audio_bitrate% (if you have that variable set!) or explicitly e.g. 128.
2. %file_name% ? Again: make sure that variable is actually set or set name explicitly e.g. output.opus

Are you trying to use via StaxRip or manually outside of it? If used via StaxRip post the log. I don't think StaxRip even uses opusenc so it would be better to open a new thread in the newbie section if you cannot get it to work even after my advice.
thank you too

Last edited by VincAlastor; 21st April 2017 at 00:46.
VincAlastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 07:01   #1944  |  Link
IbrahimKh

Hi, can anyone help me please.
I'm failed to load script, I tried to reinstall Avisynth few times and rebooting multiple times still no luck. Also I tried to run stax as admin, still same.

The log is
Code:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
                 Script file failed to load
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Source File Path: D:\HDNLEN224\post\Ringsnew_Source.avs
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\HDNLEN224\Desktop\st\Apps\Plugins\both\ffms2\ffms2.dll")
FFVideoSource("D:\HDNLEN224\post\RingsGB\Rings.mkv", cachefile = "D:\HDNLEN224\post\Rings.2017.720\Rings.ffindex")
Plugins: ConvertStacked, DirectShowSource, ImageSeq, Shibatch, TimeStretch, VDubFilter

Exception

System.Exception: AVIFileOpen failed to execute

Failed to open AviSynth script:

D:\HDNLEN224\post\RingsGB\Rings.2017Source.avs

You can try to open the script with VirtualDub x64, if it don't open it could be a problem with the script or the AviSynth+ x64 setup, if StaxRip don't report a script error and the script looks valid then reinstalling AviSynth+ x64 might fix the problem, the setup is located at:

C:\Users\HDNLEN224\Desktop\st\Apps\AviSynth+r2294.exe

at StaxRip.AVIFile..ctor(String path) in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\AVIFile.vb:line 53
   at StaxRip.VideoScript.Synchronize(Boolean convertToRGB, Boolean comparePath) in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\VideoScript.vb:line 202
   at StaxRip.VideoScript.GetFramerate() in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\VideoScript.vb:line 302
   at StaxRip.MainForm.OpenVideoSourceFiles(IEnumerable`1 files, Boolean isNotEncoding) in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\Forms\MainForm.vb:line 1798
IbrahimKh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 08:44   #1945  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
System.Exception: AVIFileOpen failed to execute

Failed to open AviSynth script:

D:\HDNLEN224\post\RingsGB\Rings.2017Source.avs

You can try to open the script with VirtualDub x64, if it don't open it could be a problem with the script or the AviSynth+ x64 setup, if StaxRip don't report a script error and the script looks valid then reinstalling AviSynth+ x64 might fix the problem, the setup is located at:

C:\Users\HDNLEN224\Desktop\st\Apps\AviSynth+r2294.exe

at StaxRip.AVIFile..ctor(String path) in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\AVIFile.vb:line 53
at StaxRip.VideoScript.Synchronize(Boolean convertToRGB, Boolean comparePath) in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\VideoScript.vb:line 202
at StaxRip.VideoScript.GetFramerate() in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\General\VideoScript.vb:line 302
at StaxRip.MainForm.OpenVideoSourceFiles(IEnumerable`1 files, Boolean isNotEncoding) in D:\Projekte\VS\VB\StaxRip\Forms\MainForm.vb:line 1798
Does VirtualDub x64 work?

@VincAlastor

Next build will have a greatly improved Batch Audio Options dialog with menu to execute, show and copy the command line and create a profile like the x265 dialog. Name can be entered and is auto generated like in the normal audio options dialog. The double quotes around %input% and %output% can be omitted because they are added automatically if needed.

It's better to define the input file types for two reasons:

automatic conversion to flac or wav if necessary
if the audio source file is the same as the video source file conversion to flac/wav will use the correct stream number

@Yanak

You cannot use conditions using macros because macros are expanded in one go, I'll improve powershell scripting and create a example script for your watermark task.

Last edited by stax76; 21st April 2017 at 09:16.
Old 21st April 2017, 12:29   #1946  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
When starting the first job it's at just under 200MB and then 30 jobs (about 12 - 18 hours) later Staxrip is using 3.5GB.
I'll investigate it.

@Yanak

I wrote a powershell script example that works with the last test build, so far I didn't had any problem to use any internal staxrip code, it's a really lightweight and powerful way for making a .NET app extendable.

Code:
$activeProject = [ShortcutModule]::p

$text = [InputBox]::Show("Add Watermark Text")
if ([string]::IsNullOrEmpty($text)) {exit}

$td = new-object "TaskDialog[string]"
$td.MainInstruction = "Watermark Position"
$td.AddCommandLink("Top Left" , "top")
$td.AddCommandLink("Bottom Left" , "bottom")
$pos = $td.Show()
$td.Dispose()

if ($pos -eq "top") {
    $x = 3
    $y = 1
} elseif ($pos -eq "bottom") {
    $x = 1
    $y = $activeProject.TargetHeight - 19
} else {exit}

$filter = new-object "VideoFilter"
$filter.Category = "Misc"
$filter.Path = "Subtitle"
$filter.Script = 'Subtitle("{0}", {1}, {2})' -f $text, $x, $y

$activeProject.Script.AddFilter($filter)

Last edited by stax76; 21st April 2017 at 12:32.
Old 21st April 2017, 14:37   #1947  |  Link
Yanak

Hi,

Tested last version and i really love the new display of name + caption for the filters, really great change.

Noticed something wrong with the preview code display, it adds now a lateral scrollbar and only a small part for the code display window, here 1.4.2.7 :

and here 1.4.2.8:

- I'm not surprised my thinking was wrong for the code and $a_select$, not surprised at all.
Tested the powershell script you published, thanks a lot for having take the time to do this, i really appreciate, sadly i end up with an error message " Failed to execute PowerShell script, on systems prior Windows 10 PowerShell 5 or higher must be installed. ". Same for the blu-ray one present in the script folder.

I'm on win7 so might be the problem, wasn't really planning to upgrade to win10 but might become a time i will need to, it seems like taking the time to start learning a bit with this can really bring a lot of possibilities, might take some time to learn the ropes but the outcome seems to be worth it.
For now i don't know if i can bypass this while staying on win7, will try to check a bit later on the net for some solutions, if they exist.

- Also nice change for the select options display, no more drop down menu but all listed now in the last version, makes it even easier to use, love it.
Speaking of this one, is it possible to add on the manual selection screen for source some custom made source filters or it is locked ? Speaking of this here :

Is there a any way somehow to add our custom source filters to this list ?

-Got custom source filters using MP_pipeline so they allow me to use x86 stuff on StaxRip x64, one if for debugmode frameserver used in vegas, the output codec of debugframeserver is x86 and the frameserver output file cannot be opened by StaxRip without this little trick, code used as source filter :
Code:
Vegas Frameserver Import =
    MP_Pipeline("""
    ### platform: win32 
    AVISource("%source_file%", audio=false).AssumeFPS(%media_info_video:FrameRate%)
    ### ###
    """)
For now the easiest way i found is to add this to the filters list and save it as filter setup presets, when i need it i just load the filter preset.

I have the default template using "manual" for source, problem is when i try to load another video for source file clicking on "source" or right clicking on the source file box where the path is displayed and selecting "open", the program asks me if i want to save the current project or not, then loads default template and returns to "manual" as it's the default template and asks me to choose a preferred source filter from the list of the screenshot above.

And if i do select again a output from the frameserver i get the error message about the x86 codec, i need to close Staxrip and restart the process each time.

If i save the template with the custom source filter and do the same steps but this time i try to open a different video file not coming from the frameserver i get an error message and end up in another loop where the only possibility is to exit the program, so i'm wondering if there is a way i missed to add our custom source filters to this list or if it's locked for any modifications. Just a simple question not a request to add this, you done more than enough those last days, having to save settings and restart between 2 videos isn't a big deal especially now with the easy mode filters.

And lastly while i'm on the new way to add filters i have another custom source filter using MT_pipeline made for using a logo remover that requires a x86 dll to work, i don't need this one on the manual list of filters as it's very specific one an not used often like previous one, anyways I made a custom source filter for this one using the new possibilities, posted code here to not break the forum layout :
https://pastebin.com/mfc897Ni

This works better than i could ever dream about:
Select it as source filter, it opens the file bowser to pick the mask file picture we created previously,
then it asks to type the coordinates of the logo zone to treat in px location ( probably will add later the easier way where you select only a region of the screen only ),
then we select the source type and what to use to open it (LWLibavVideoSource,FFVideoSource,avisource, etc ),
then we select the mode to use depending the logo type (opaque or transparent logos or both ),
and lastly select if we want to see final result or the process steps showing in details the treatment done ( to adjust settings, really great combined with the video preview mode and his zoom possibilites ).
Once this done remains only to pick and load the video file as usual in Staxrip to see the result.
Still little things to fine tune and modify for more options choices the but it's just great to have this working and being that efficient already.

I'm just amazed by how the changes you made to the program for this new way of making filters made this easy and quick to do now once the filter is created, thanks a lot for all this.

Still quite a few filters to transpose into the program then fine tune but i really love all this new stuff, thanks a million for all the great work you do man.

And sorry for the long post and I hope i don't bother you too much.

Edit : tested a simple example of a ps1 script i found on the net, when right clicking on the file i have the contextual menu "execute with powershell" and it seem to work when i launch it, strange ... Will continue to search on this.

Full error message of the watermark script here : https://pastebin.com/GZpPZwF8

And i do have powershell on win7, never looked into this before, my version :

Last edited by Yanak; 23rd January 2018 at 00:11.
Yanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2017, 15:49   #1948  |  Link
stax76

Quote:
Noticed something wrong with the preview code display, it adds now a lateral scrollbar and only a small part for the code display window
It's a bug in the .NET framework, I fixed it with a workaround.

Quote:
Failed to execute PowerShell script, on systems prior Windows 10 PowerShell 5 or higher must be installed.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=54616

Quote:
Speaking of this one, is it possible to add on the manual selection screen for source some custom made source filters or it is locked ? Speaking of this here :
This dialog cannot be changed, the dialog was added because megui users are used to a manual workflow, I changed my startup template to use automatic instead of manual source filter selection, automatic can be configured. Also I configured staxrip to demux all streams automatically instead of showing the demuxing dialog.

Quote:
I have the default template using "manual" for source, problem is when i try to load another video for source file clicking on "source" or right clicking on the source file box where the path is displayed and selecting "open", the program asks me if i want to save the current project or not, then loads default template and returns to "manual" as it's the default template and asks me to choose a preferred source filter from the list of the screenshot above.

And if i do select again a output from the frameserver i get the error message about the x86 codec, i need to close Staxrip and restart the process each time.
I don't understand it, what if you load a template before opening a new source?

Quote:
If i save the template with the custom source filter and do the same steps but this time i try to open a different video file not coming from the frameserver i get an error message and end up in another loop where the only possibility is to exit the program, so i'm wondering if there is a way i missed to add our custom source filters to this list or if it's locked for any modifications. Just a simple question not a request to add this, you done more than enough those last days, having to save settings and restart between 2 videos isn't a big deal especially now with the easy mode filters.
It's difficult to understand and too complex to reproduce, what if you

1. load a template
2. load the source filter you want via context menu
3. load the source file
Old 21st April 2017, 16:36   #1949  |  Link
Yanak

Was downloading the Windows Management Framework (WMF) 5.1 update before seeing your post, found it after searching and reading on the net, got the powershell script working now.

Now time to start learning a bit and customize this script for colors and some other options, then use this as example for some other scripts.
Looked a bit at the code itself and might take a bit and few trial and errors but doesn't seems impossible at first glance, just need time to do and test this, thank a lot for having done it.

Coming myself from Megui i understand this perfectly, used it for a long time but switched to Staxrip since a while and not touching megui much anymore beside using his muxer from times to times for specific needs, still having a bunch of filters inside this program folder than i need to move away for easier use tho. Was just wondering if it was possible or not in case i missed a way to do it, now i know.

The problem i had in the past was that loading a template between loading a different video used to not work too and give various error messages that i always thought were coming from my custom source filters themselves, not from the program.
But i have to apologize to you, i just tried on the last 3 recent builds i have on my possession and it seems to work fine now. I was so used to getting error messages in older versions that i never pushed more on this and had not tried this method since a long long time, it just came to my mind to ask about it while seeing the change of the $select options display screen.

I'm sorry for the stupid question and making you loose time with this, using different templates and loading them before switching videos inputs seems to work flawlessly on last versions :/

Thanks a lot for all the time spent on this and even answering silly stuff ( sorry again for this ), now i will finish to adapt my filters then start to explore the possibilities offered by the scripting to customize this even further.

Once i'll finish my filters in a few days, i'll post of list of all the " basic ones" so it could help some other users maybe.

All seems to work perfectly and with a lot of new stuff to play with, plenty of busy hours ahead to customize this wonderful tool to my last needs.

Thank you again, i will not bother you for a while and only focus on finishing what i started

PS : one very last question i forgot to ask:

How to remove an icon added on a custom menu entry without having to delete and do again the entry ?

Unless i am missing something it seems that i can only replace the icon by another one, not possible to remove it.

If not possible, maybe adding a third line on this add icon menu with simply " delete icon " function to restore it to blank icon ? But it's a minor thing.

Last edited by Yanak; 23rd January 2018 at 00:10.
Old 21st April 2017, 17:31   #1950  |  Link
stax76

You're welcome. Next build supports icon removal.
Old 21st April 2017, 23:33   #1951  |  Link
Yanak

Noticed a problem occurring with 1.4.2.9 and also with last 1.4.3.1, ( just downloaded this last version and saw you already added the remove icon in menu, it's perfect thank you, did not had time to explore more than this for now )

It's about mp4box, seems like you changed the mp4box version since the 1.4.2.9 version, now when i try to open a .mov file using the automatic mode i get an error message and program crash :
https://pastebin.com/vsx2sm7B

This is fixed if i replace the mp4box.exe by a older one from version 1.4.2.7 or .8 for example.

Thank you.
Old 21st April 2017, 23:55   #1952  |  Link
stax76

I reverted mp4box.
Old 22nd April 2017, 00:07   #1953  |  Link
Magik Mark

Stax,

Build 1428 and above causes Avysynth Exception Error
Old 22nd April 2017, 00:08   #1954  |  Link
stax76

Is there a error message with debug info?
Old 22nd April 2017, 10:18   #1955  |  Link
need4speed

Hi again,
have a maybe dumb question but was wondering if there is any way to import a file (AVC and x265 mainly) and have staxrip read the conversion settings (from mediainfo I guess) and auto-set all parameters according to the imported file?
Just asking since I happen to get some files very well encoded and have some difficulties in replicating encoding parameters from mediainfo to staxrip.
Hope it is clear and it's just a curiosity really.
Thanks
need4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 11:32   #1956  |  Link
stax76

Probably there is a way or I can add one, you need to know how to program in vb.net and powershell or hope somebody helps you with it.
Old 22nd April 2017, 12:00   #1957  |  Link
stax76

I'm adding TIVTC to staxrip, profile suggestions are welcome.
Old 22nd April 2017, 12:18   #1958  |  Link
VincAlastor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
@VincAlastor

It seems the .NET IO namespace is implemented in the mscorlib.dll assembly, when staxrip starts and opens a source it does not load a System.IO.FileSystem assembly, when I run the HDR script which works fine on my system then it loads System.IO.FileSystem which staxrip contains along with 30 other assemblies only needed for C# scripting. The reason C# scripting needs 47 nuget packages is it was designed to be .NET Core compatible.

I don't like having 47 nuget packages, 30 assemblies and frequent bug reports that probably only .NET framework engineers do understand. I will definitely remove C# scripting at the end of the year. The next build has this script ported to powershell, powershell scripting will remain supported by staxrip, it needs only one nuget package.

Which OS are you using? I just tried it on my vmware Win 7 test system, works fine too.
I've tested new v2 script and it works!

First result after 3 hours video material HDR could save 7,5% bitrate against "normal" 10 bit encoding. But of course hard to handle while playback without HDR display and 10 bit pipeline (---> e.g. SVP with MPC-HC breaks 10bit pipeline).
Old 22nd April 2017, 12:20   #1959  |  Link
VincAlastor

Another topic that I observe over the years in Staxrip development is the automation of forced sup (BD) to idx conversions.

We know that this is more complex than it initially seems because

1. not only forced captions in elementary sup streams can be set, but also whole sup streams in the Blu Ray structure (in mpls, clpi, bdmv files) are marked as forced. And

2. idx elematary streams can only be marked completely or not as a forced, with an mkv merge entry.

For many years this means for us that you have to look at almost every sup before manual conversion and decide whether is it a forced stream or not or has it flagged forced captions, which have to extracted later to make a new idx forced stream.

MeGUI tries to discover the forced sups using Haali MediaSplitter (it doesn't work on my system). However, makemkv do it better. It also checks the mpls / clpi / bdmv files. But makemkv does not use bdsup2sub for sup to idx conversions. This can only do Staxrip!

I see tremendous potential for automation, which seems now to be feasible in Staxrip.

And I think the topic is important because indirectly through the opus audio codec elementary sup streams can have the same size as stereo audio streams.

I hope I have triggered a few impulses.

Last edited by VincAlastor; 22nd April 2017 at 12:41.
Old 22nd April 2017, 12:27   #1960  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincAlastor View Post
First result after 3 hours video material HDR could save 7,5% bitrate against "normal" 10 bit encoding.
I hope you are not just using --crf encoding and compare the file sizes afterwards? That's not a proper comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincAlastor View Post
but also whole sup streams in the Blu Ray structure (in mpls, clpi, bdmv files) are marked as forced.
There is no forced flag for complete tracks on Blu-ray at all. That's what makes it so difficult to automate.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote