Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 21st January 2010, 00:53   #6701  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@johnny50
Send me sample.

1) Download DGsplit
2) Open .m2ts in DGsplit
3) enter these values and click split

4) send file to www.mediafire.com

@J33pman
1) select x: All subtitles
2) Now you have two choices
...a) If you want render subtitles into picture go to properties -> permanent subtitles -> select subtitles with 'FORCED' label
...b) if you want to leave ability to switch ON/OFF forced subtitles then go to selectable subtitles section

BTW make sure you don't use mp4 container if you want option b!

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 21st January 2010 at 01:10.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 01:17   #6702  |  Link
consultant

Can't Read LPCM from Ripped MKV

If a BD has PCM audio, I transcode to FLAC. To save time, I just started using MakeMKV to rip to an MKV file for later transcoding (while I'm transcoding something else). But I've discovered that RipBot doesn't recognize the raw PCM in the MKV (nor can VLC Media Player play it). I tried to demux the MKV and convert the PCM to FLAC but tsMuxer doesn't recognize the raw PCM either. This is quite odd to me since if you rip directly from the disc using AnyDVD HD, RipBot will transcode to FLAC for you.

So I'm curious why RipBot can recognize the PCM track if you choose the disc, instead of a ripped MKV file with the PCM track?
consultant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 01:18   #6703  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Why do I always have to ask for sample!?! 50mb to www.mediafire.com please!
Old 21st January 2010, 01:42   #6704  |  Link
liquidskin76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
In Constant Quality mode 1080p will have higher bitrate due to higher resolution.
@Atak,

In your opinion as author of RipBot264 (forgive me if you've been asked this question many time before!), what would you recommend if encoding to mkv for play back on an htpc (disk space not so much of issue)... CQ or 2 pass?

If CQ, what setting for BD? 18 or lower, maybe 16? What about DVD?

Many thanks
liquidskin76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 01:52   #6705  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Just use CQ@22
If your are not happy with quality then use 20. If still not happy eeeee .... you now what to do ...
Old 21st January 2010, 02:09   #6706  |  Link
consultant

Well MKVMerge crashes when I try to remux it into a 50M file. Any other suggestions?
Old 21st January 2010, 03:28   #6707  |  Link
Rob2687

When I run this an error shows saying "Failed to get data for 'isWhitelist'.

I've reinstalled matroska splitter, ffdshow and avisynth. The first time I saw this error was with the 1.15.0 version. Version 1.14.0 has worked fine before but it also shows the error when run 1.14.0 now.

After clicking Okay on the error the RipBot window opens. I can't add any videos because it get's stuck at the "Please Wait... Gathering information..." stage. It just sits there while the RipBot process uses no CPU.
Rob2687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 03:35   #6708  |  Link
Lighto
The Black Reaper

Quote:
@Lighto
you must install latest DirectX 9.0c! Also you must have graphic card with pixel shader 2.0

@whiskey
maybe it is time to jump on windows 7 train?

@stax76

remove ALL notional characters from path.
Did the update and it works.
Lighto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 05:26   #6709  |  Link
blackcell
DieselDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludeboy12 View Post
Damn. There is a point to this though if you want your MKV backups to be as near 1:1 as possible.

Well here's to hoping Atak changes his mind i guess.
They will be 1:1 . You know for the longest time I thought this was bs until I researched this myself and converted a few 5.1/7.1 TrueHD/DTS-MA tracks to FLAC and did a comparison on my AVR. I was blown away. You cannot tell the difference. They're all lossless so aside from seeing the pretty TrueHD or DTS-HD LED light-up on your AVR you're not missing anything. Besides with FLAC you can also output over multichannel analog which also rocks the house.
blackcell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 06:22   #6710  |  Link
Clownzer

Hey Atak,

Would you recommend using Ripbot for DVD backups? Reason why I am asking is that I did a DVD backup (regular dvd) and it came out at 6GBs when a movie in 720 is typically only 4 - 5 (depending on audio). I am ripping them for my media server to stream to my tv, I could careless about extras etc so its only the main movie I am interested in. If I am doing something wrong what should the settings be for a regular dvd?

Thanks for your help.
Clownzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 06:32   #6711  |  Link
MKVCrazy
HD-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownzer View Post
Hey Atak,

Would you recommend using Ripbot for DVD backups? Reason why I am asking is that I did a DVD backup (regular dvd) and it came out at 6GBs when a movie in 720 is typically only 4 - 5 (depending on audio). I am ripping them for my media server to stream to my tv, I could careless about extras etc so its only the main movie I am interested in. If I am doing something wrong what should the settings be for a regular dvd?

Thanks for your help.
May be you re-authored the DVD into DVD9 which usually have higher bitrates and are around 5000 kbits and more. Those video with 4-5GB are DVD5 and bitrates is less than 5000 kbits. So try lowering down the bitrates to about 4700 kbits if you see the option.

What format are you looking for the output? RipBot264 outputs only MKV, MP4 and AVCHD. If non of these containers are the one you want to use for the streaming video then RipBot264 is not your choice.
MKVCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 07:39   #6712  |  Link
pacaveli211

Quote:
Originally Posted by J33pman View Post
I'm hoping someone can help with a frustrating issue: forced subtitles. I have tried to backup District 9 and a couple other disks that use forced subtitles, and expereminted extensively. I have read this thread until it becomes blurry and haven't gleaned the needed info. Can some kind person post a walkthrough of how to insert the subtitles for folks as obtuse as myself? Thanks!
it depends on how you want to do it. for district 9 I hardcoded the forced subs into the video. you can find the option to do that in the video properties (same place you go to crop / resize). if you don't want them hardcoded you just set them as selectable subtitles using the option right above your output path
pacaveli211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 12:23   #6713  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@consultant
dgsplit?
Old 21st January 2010, 13:39   #6714  |  Link
prettyboy85712

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownzer View Post
Hey Atak,

Thanks for your help.
Then we don't have to guess.
prettyboy85712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 18:42   #6715  |  Link
MKVCrazy
HD-Fan

Ok, I finally got my problem solved again. Some how I get bad audio nonsync problem on 1.15.0 and 1.14.6. I haven't try 1.14.5 but I got the SAME file converted without audio issues on 1.14.4. Does anyone notice it? This happens when I try to convert AVI files to MP4 for PSP/iPod Touch playbacks.

EDIT: I am no programmer but I notice some differences between 1.14.4 and 1.15.0. I can't use 1.15.0 profiles into 1.14.0. Somehow the process is skipped and I think that's because 1.14.4 doesn't have the function for weighten p-prediction feature which is require to TURN on in 1.15.0 so that the output mp4 file can be played on both PSP and iPods. At least that's why I've noticed.

Is it a good thing to just change the x264.exe files in "tools" if I want to use latest x264 builds from x264.nl? I have downloaded the 32bit and 64bit versions from x264.nl and renamed them to x264_x86.exe and x264_x64.exe. I would like to hear your suggestion. I used to do this with other GUIs and some crashed but some worked.

Last edited by MKVCrazy; 21st January 2010 at 18:49.
Old 21st January 2010, 18:43   #6716  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

source was encoded with xvid or divx codec?
Old 21st January 2010, 18:50   #6717  |  Link
MKVCrazy
HD-Fan

Quote:
source was encoded with xvid or divx codec?
XVID is used. Btw let me try 1 last thing to see if 1.15.0 is not working good on my system.
Old 21st January 2010, 19:02   #6718  |  Link
mrpitman

x264_x86.exe and system resources

How come this process x264_x86.exe uses 659,680K of my resources. It bogs down my PC so bad I can't multitask hardly. I have a Dell XPS 400 with a Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor of 2.80 GhZ. I have 3 GB or ram, and 2 1 TB HDD. This program consumes so much of my resources I can't burn other stuff, or multitask. I am running Windows 7. It takes me roughly 24 hours to convert a MKV file to a AVCHD. I also am running a 32 bit system, but my mobo is capable of doing 64 Bit. So what are my options here? Why should this progam consume more resources than anything else I have running in tsk mgr?
mrpitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st January 2010, 19:14   #6719  |  Link
consultant

@Atak

Here's the 50MB sample you requested. I was wondering why DGSplit was taking so long, then find out instead of just split the first 50MB it split the entire file into 50MB chunks. Here's the first chunk.

http://www.crist.com/Temp/pirates2_sample.mkv_0
Old 21st January 2010, 19:15   #6720  |  Link
MKVCrazy
HD-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpitman View Post
How come this process x264_x86.exe uses 659,680K of my resources. It bogs down my PC so bad I can't multitask hardly. I have a Dell XPS 400 with a Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor of 2.80 GhZ. I have 3 GB or ram, and 2 1 TB HDD. This program consumes so much of my resources I can't burn other stuff, or multitask. I am running Windows 7. It takes me roughly 24 hours to convert a MKV file to a AVCHD. I also am running a 32 bit system, but my mobo is capable of doing 64 Bit. So what are my options here? Why should this progam consume more resources than anything else I have running in tsk mgr?
Go in to the RipBot264vX.XX.X folder. (X'es are the version numbers). Then open RipBot264.ini with notepad. Then find and change below line from:
Code:
x264LowPriority=0
to
Code:
x264LowPriority=1
I think that'll set the encoding to lower priority making it to use less resource and save more for other tasks you want to do.

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360