Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 1st August 2010, 20:40   #8981  |  Link
Capsbackup

@stonej01
I see inspect says OK for all, but I was curious why - FFDSHOW AVC set to "ffmpeg-mt": Ok ?
My inspect says - FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
I have not had any problems decoding VC1, AVC or mpeg2. ( I realise this is VC1)
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2010, 21:36   #8982  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
@stonej01
I see inspect says OK for all, but I was curious why - FFDSHOW AVC set to "ffmpeg-mt": Ok ?
I have not had any problems decoding VC1, AVC or mpeg2. ( I realise this is VC1)
The ffmpeg-mt seems to work fine for AVC, so I made it "Ok".
Old 1st August 2010, 21:50   #8983  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
The ffmpeg-mt seems to work fine for AVC, so I made it "Ok".
OK thanks, but I think I will leave mine as is!
(You know the old saying, if it aint broke...)
Old 1st August 2010, 21:52   #8984  |  Link
videoadvocate

I am having the exact same problem with using full backup of Star Trek (The Original Series). Been stuck on this ever since my last version of BDR expired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
@jdobbs

Ive rebooted twice. And its not been able to create avs twice...

Hmm....
videoadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2010, 21:58   #8985  |  Link
colinhunt

OK, now this is pretty weird. Source movie length 92 minutes. Movie-only backup length 138 min. Backup plays fine, but has 46 minutes of black screen after the ending credits. KEEP_LPCM was set to 0; the source has one DTS-HD MA track (24bit) and three PCM tracks, all of which are stereo but one of them is 24bit at a bitrate of 2304kbps. Could that have some bearing on this?
colinhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 03:44   #8986  |  Link
stonej01

Quote:
@stonej01
I changed mine to see of that helped anything and i got nothing...I have no idea what happened or why my encodes keep failing. i even reimaged my computer back to a time where everything worked and nothing changed

@Jdobbs
I didnt change any frames or anything, not an advanced user at all on this program just been keeping up with the latest releases and doing everything at defaults.
I downloaded an new copy and ran as admin and everything again said ok, but the encode still failed.

Anybody else out there having this issue?
stonej01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 03:52   #8987  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonej01 View Post
I changed mine to see of that helped anything and i got nothing...I have no idea what happened or why my encodes keep failing. i even reimaged my computer back to a time where everything worked and nothing changed

@Jdobbs
I didnt change any frames or anything, not an advanced user at all on this program just been keeping up with the latest releases and doing everything at defaults.
I downloaded an new copy and ran as admin and everything again said ok, but the encode still failed.

Anybody else out there having this issue?
Can you post your BD-REBUILDER.INI?

You need to also uninstall and reinstall all the helper apps (AVISYNTH, FFDSHOW, and HAALI) using the links in the first post of this thread. Something may have overwritten previous settings and one of those programs is the issue.

Can you also post LASTCMD.TXT from the BD Rebuilder folder?
Old 2nd August 2010, 04:56   #8988  |  Link
stonej01

Quote:
Can you post your BD-REBUILDER.INI?

You need to also uninstall and reinstall all the helper apps (AVISYNTH, FFDSHOW, and HAALI) using the links in the first post of this thread. Something may have overwritten previous settings and one of those programs is the issue.

Can you also post LASTCMD.TXT from the BD Rebuilder folder?
As i was returning to the forum to post an update i see your post. didnt mean to waste your time man. But i just did all that. i uninstalled haali, ffdshow, avi synth and rebooted. reinstalled and ran BD as admin and... magic, things started working. I was just popping into the thread to post this when i saw your response.
stonej01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 06:17   #8989  |  Link
Racem22

Hey guys, just thought I'd post about the "Overall Progress" bar being off for me. It's not really a big deal, I can estimate how long it will take anyway, but wasn't sure if this was something that was specific to my computer or not. I know Rebuilder is still in Beta technically so it's all good.
For example, I shrunk the Sapphire Series of "Gladiator" tonight, with main movie, HD english track, and english subtitles it came to about 35 gb. Its a seamless branching title with maybe 15 m2ts files or so. At the end of re-encoding then remuxing the last m2ts file(which was approx. 4.2 gb) the overall completion was at 53% or around there, then it just jumped to 100%. Like I said, not a big deal, just thought I would report it. Thanks for the great program and when(or if) you decide to charge for it I will be happy to pay. Regards.

Edit: I forgot to say I shrunk to BD25. If you need any logs let me know.

Last edited by Racem22; 2nd August 2010 at 07:25. Reason: More Info
Racem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 13:51   #8990  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonej01 View Post
As i was returning to the forum to post an update i see your post. didnt mean to waste your time man. But i just did all that. i uninstalled haali, ffdshow, avi synth and rebooted. reinstalled and ran BD as admin and... magic, things started working. I was just popping into the thread to post this when i saw your response.
Good to know, thanks.
Old 2nd August 2010, 15:20   #8991  |  Link
jdobbs

BD Rebuilder v0.34.06 (beta)

I've updated the first post of this thread with a link to a new release of BD-RB (v0.34.06). Changes for this version:
Code:
- Removed "PROCESS_SECONDARY" as a hidden option. This
  option was the source of several seemingly unrelated
  issues.
- Added code to always check TSMUXER's M2TS length value
  in the CLPI file and correct when necessary.  It seems
  the value can be wrong and may cause player confusion.
- Modified the MPLS update routine so it checks original
  OUT times against those created by TSMUXER and correct
  where they differ. This could correct a slight stutter
  at M2TS change point on some software players playing 
  a multi-part feature on a full backup.
- Changed the default for open GOPs to "off".  It seems
  some software players and the PS3 may have rewind and
  fast-forward issues (pixelation).  Those who want to
  use it anyway can still choose it from the SETUP menu.
- Updated the included version of X264.EXE to the
  latest release (r1688).
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:02   #8992  |  Link
MB2

@videoadvocate

i tried it again with 34.06... still cant create avs...

its a branching disc unfortunately (old effects or remastered versions of the episodes)... may have to make a custom menu version with multiavc, but will be just remastered eps and run it through BDRB again, see what happens.
MB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 16:50   #8993  |  Link
Aratar

Quote:
Removed "PROCESS_SECONDARY" as a hidden option. This
option was the source of several seemingly unrelated
issues.
How does Process Secondary work now? I used to enable it for discs that have DD or regular non-express DTS audio tracks and disable it for discs that had non-remux-able audio tracks. Can I still do this in some way with the new version?
Aratar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:02   #8994  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aratar View Post
How does Process Secondary work now? I used to enable it for discs that have DD or regular non-express DTS audio tracks and disable it for discs that had non-remux-able audio tracks. Can I still do this in some way with the new version?
That's just the point -- it didn't work correctly when you set it to "0" -- so now secondary audio/video will always be kept for a full backup (except, of course, DTS Express -- which I'm working on now).

Last edited by jdobbs; 2nd August 2010 at 17:05.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 17:56   #8995  |  Link
Aratar

Quote:
That's just the point -- it didn't work correctly when you set it to "0" -- so now secondary audio/video will always be kept for a full backup (except, of course, DTS Express -- which I'm working on now).
Yeah, I used to remove 2nd video/audio track information from the corresponding mpls file with bdedit (bd rebuilder somehow left this information in place) because otherwise some players, including software solutions like PowerDVD, would freeze on playback. Anyway, I was just curious on how it is working now. thanks for the info.

However, does this mean that if a movie contains secondary video and a dts express track, bd rebuilder will keep just the video? That's some waste of bandwidth because in 90% of all cases it's a video commentary which is somehow.... useless without the audio. So it'd be better to strip it.

Last edited by Aratar; 2nd August 2010 at 18:00.
Aratar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 18:09   #8996  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aratar View Post
Yeah, I used to remove 2nd video/audio track information from the corresponding mpls file with bdedit (bd rebuilder somehow left this information in place) because otherwise some players, including software solutions like PowerDVD, would freeze on playback. Anyway, I was just curious on how it is working now. thanks for the info.

However, does this mean that if a movie contains secondary video and a dts express track, bd rebuilder will keep just the video? That's some waste of bandwidth because in 90% of all cases it's a video commentary which is somehow.... useless without the audio. So it'd be better to strip it.
Still, it's supposed to be a "full backup" -- so I want to keep everything I can get, and hopefully I can soon also include the DTS Express. I'm aiming for the next release.
Old 2nd August 2010, 18:19   #8997  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Still, it's supposed to be a "full backup" -- so I want to keep everything I can get, and hopefully I can soon also include the DTS Express. I'm aiming for the next release.
The DTS Express will be a welcome addition.
Any update regarding IGS menu's?
Also, there was a recent update to TMT3 that has corrected the pixelation issue with playback FF or chapter advance, suspected from Open GOP. I have never experienced this with my standalone or PowerDVD 7.3, only TMT3. Now I do not experience it with TMT3 anymore either.
Old 2nd August 2010, 20:53   #8998  |  Link
chompy

Quote:
Code:
- Added code to always check TSMUXER's M2TS length value
  in the CLPI file and correct when necessary.  It seems
  the value can be wrong and may cause player confusion.
- Modified the MPLS update routine so it checks original
  OUT times against those created by TSMUXER and correct
  where they differ. This could correct a slight stutter
  at M2TS change point on some software players playing 
  a multi-part feature on a full backup.
Lots of thanks, tested with Up and Toy Story 2 and now backups play perfectly on both standalone player and TMT3.

chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2010, 21:39   #8999  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
The DTS Express will be a welcome addition.
Any update regarding IGS menu's?
Also, there was a recent update to TMT3 that has corrected the pixelation issue with playback FF or chapter advance, suspected from Open GOP. I have never experienced this with my standalone or PowerDVD 7.3, only TMT3. Now I do not experience it with TMT3 anymore either.
Cool. I'm hoping to correct IGS too in the same fix. The problem is figuring out a way to do it without add a whole lot of processing time (because I have to pull it out and reinsert it myself -- duplicating TSMUXER's action). Right now it looks like it will add at least an hour.. we'll see.
Old 2nd August 2010, 22:28   #9000  |  Link
LowDead
Elit Amans

What is the problem with IGS?

/LD
LowDead is offline   Reply With Quote