Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17th August 2010, 08:28   #9261  |  Link
ebjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsbackup View Post
There is a text file in the BD-RB zip file called HIDDENOPTS, where there will various options, called hidden options, that can be placed in the BD-RB .ini to force certain parameters.
None are necessary, as BD-RB will perform just fine with the default settings. However, for some, be it more experienced users, or just user experience, some options may provide improvements or perceived visual enhancements, or maybe work arounds for certain conditions.

You can also open the CHANGES text file located in the same folder to read about the bug fixes and updates from BD-RB's inception, and what these hidden options stand for.
Awesome. Sounds like I have some homework to do...
ebjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 08:42   #9262  |  Link
extravirgin

cnote,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ternity View Post
Personnally, i burn in 4X...
Super cautious here too. And like many I'd go for Verbatim. Try having a play around with the automatic write speed settings in ImgBurn.
extravirgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 10:33   #9263  |  Link
chompy

I think I've found a bug (at least with Up Spanish blu-ray edition) in tsMuxeR, and as it's one of the tools used in BD Rebuilder, maybe it could be interesting posting it here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...postcount=3997

Sorry if this is considered offtopic
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 16:42   #9264  |  Link
Bullet1979

I'm not sure if this has been discussed anywhere before, but is there a way to have BD-Rebuilder ignore the PS3_UPDATE folder on Sony titles? This folder is generally 150+ MB and I'd much rather have that space free for the video files.
Bullet1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 17:18   #9265  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet1979 View Post
I'm not sure if this has been discussed anywhere before, but is there a way to have BD-Rebuilder ignore the PS3_UPDATE folder on Sony titles? This folder is generally 150+ MB and I'd much rather have that space free for the video files.
Just remove it from the source directory. You only need BDMV an CERTIFICATE folders in the source folder.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 01:30   #9266  |  Link
cnote
cnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@cnote

Hi! HOW did you "rule it out"?
I have been able to burn audio discs, data discs, and my BD-RB backups prior to the 06 version.
cnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 04:46   #9267  |  Link
setarip_old

Sorry, it's still not clear:
Quote:
my BD-RB backups prior to the 06 version
Does this mean that AT A PREVIOUS POINT IN TIME, using v.34.05 or earlier, your BD-RB backup burns were successful or, do you mean that if you CURRENTLY use v.34.05 or earlier, your BD-RB burns are successful?

Last edited by setarip_old; 20th August 2010 at 20:03.
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 12:25   #9268  |  Link
cnote
cnote

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It's possible that your discs are sensitive at the edges (BDs/DVDs burn from the inside out) -- that happens a lot. Try lowering the target size a little and see if it helps.

The size now are:

BD5_SIZE = 4469
BD9_SIZE = 8032
BD25_SIZE = 23200

prior to the change they were:

BD5_SIZE = 4369
BD9_SIZE = 7910
BD25_SIZE = 23200
It worked! 2 successful backups and burns after bringing the BD 9 size back down to 7910. Very cool. I really appreciate that.
cnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 14:16   #9269  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
It's possible that your discs are sensitive at the edges (BDs/DVDs burn from the inside out) -- that happens a lot. Try lowering the target size a little...
It seems then that cnote's problems are media-specific i.e. either faulty dye on the outside edge or slightly out-of-round or some such.

But this post makes me wonder--regarding possible problems on the INSIDE edge, is there any way to tell a burner (via ImgBurn) to start a burn further-out from the center?
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 14:57   #9270  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
It seems then that cnote's problems are media-specific i.e. either faulty dye on the outside edge or slightly out-of-round or some such.

But this post makes me wonder--regarding possible problems on the INSIDE edge, is there any way to tell a burner (via ImgBurn) to start a burn further-out from the center?
IMHO, the simpiler solution is to use good media.
I have never had a failure of the kind noted, and have burned several hundred discs. I have generally kept to 4.26GB to 4.32GB for BD5 and 7.70GB to 7.85GB for BD9.
Perhaps those who feel that their backups will look the best if they are 4.37GB BD5 to 7.96GB BD9 will take note.
Old 18th August 2010, 15:06   #9271  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
IMHO, the simpiler solution is to use good media.
Well duh. But if cnote bought a cake of discs, he's happy I'm sure to be able to use them.

I do still wonder if it's possible to start a burn "further-in" from the center. The ImgBurn forum will know...
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 15:22   #9272  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Well duh. But if cnote bought a cake of discs, he's happy I'm sure to be able to use them.

I do still wonder if it's possible to start a burn "further-in" from the center. The ImgBurn forum will know...
Happy maybe to burn them yes, but if this is an indication of their start, I do not want my reliable backups on this media.
But I will entertain your original question regarding ImgBurn, since that at least does have some validity.
Old 18th August 2010, 15:33   #9273  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnote View Post
It worked! 2 successful backups and burns after bringing the BD 9 size back down to 7910. Very cool. I really appreciate that.
Maybe I should bring them back down... I'll give it some thought.

I had them low originally because of the well-known issue with DVD outer edges. I got a lot of flak for that and finally compromised by raising it a little. Now at least in your case it appears to be a bit too much.
Old 18th August 2010, 15:51   #9274  |  Link
Bullet1979

Quote:
Just remove it from the source directory. You only need BDMV an CERTIFICATE folders in the source folder.
What software is able to open blu-ray iso's to remove the folders? I have UltraIso but it doesn't appear to be able to open the ISO created by AnyDVD...
Bullet1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 15:55   #9275  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
Maybe I should bring them back down... I'll give it some thought.

I had them low originally because of the well-known issue with DVD outer edges. I got a lot of flak for that and finally compromised by raising it a little. Now at least in your case it appears to be a bit too much.
I usually set a custom size of 8250, and have not had an oversize nor a disc that won't burn properly. But I have been using Verbatim DVD+R DL and, in the past, TDK DVD+R DL media.
Many typical sizes have been 8,271,233,024 bytes to 8,451,526,645 bytes.( both of these are recent)
Back to page one of this thread:

Quote:
7. If you decide to write to dual layer DVDs (BD-9/DVD-9), use ONLY HIGH QUALITY DUAL LAYER DISCS. I have found numerous cases where the same image works flawlessly with a quality (e.g. Verbatim) disc and fails (hangs) on a cheap one
Oh well, the advice and intentions were good!
Old 18th August 2010, 16:00   #9276  |  Link
Capsbackup

Quote:
What software is able to open blu-ray iso's to remove the folders? I have UltraIso but it doesn't appear to be able to open the ISO created by AnyDVD...
Don't rip to ISO, Rip Video DVD to Harddisk... with AnyDVD HD.
If you need an ISO, you could then use ImgBurn to create an ISO of the original rip to folders, though this seems redundant.
Old 18th August 2010, 20:55   #9277  |  Link
Race Guy

Quote:
It's possible that your discs are sensitive at the edges (BDs/DVDs burn from the inside out) -- that happens a lot. Try lowering the target size a little and see if it helps.
Mr. cnote says he's using "Memorex DVD-9" & it's failing at the end (97-99%) of the burn.

A DL is burned using "OTP" (opposite track path), meaning the burn starts at the ID & goes to the OD for the first half of the image on "layer 0", then there's the "layer break", then the burn finishes from the OD back to the ID on "layer 1".

If it was failing at the edge, he'd be in the ±50% area of the burn, so OD edge quality isn't the reason.

The latest Memorex DLs have a LOT of reported problems. Find the "Disc ID" in ImgBurn & then Google that for all the sad stories. They used to be Riteks, now they're some no-name brand coming out of India. I've tried some & had decent luck with them. A few failed verify at the layer break (outer edge), but I never had a burn "failure" with them like Mr cnote reports.

I'd guess his failure is caused by "marginal media" not ±100MB on image size.
Race Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 22:02   #9278  |  Link
cndesu

Sync problem

Using the BD version 34.05 I had rebuilded the blu ray movie by reducing the size from 45 gig to 11 gig. Now using the m2ts file I had demuxed the streams into video (.x264) and audio (.dts) streams. I used these streams and muxed into mkv container file. Now while playing this file, initially video and audio matched. But when I fast forwarded the movie and played again at a some point, the video is ahead of audio and never matched.

If used the straight stream (m2ts) file from the blu ray disk and used the program bd-rebuilder and extracted only the movie content as orginal no reduction in size then it is perfect not a problem.

Now where is the problem?
cndesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2010, 00:21   #9279  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cndesu View Post
Using the BD version 34.05 I had rebuilded the blu ray movie by reducing the size from 45 gig to 11 gig. Now using the m2ts file I had demuxed the streams into video (.x264) and audio (.dts) streams. I used these streams and muxed into mkv container file. Now while playing this file, initially video and audio matched. But when I fast forwarded the movie and played again at a some point, the video is ahead of audio and never matched.

If used the straight stream (m2ts) file from the blu ray disk and used the program bd-rebuilder and extracted only the movie content as orginal no reduction in size then it is perfect not a problem.

Now where is the problem?
I don't see how this could be a bug report on BD Rebuilder??? It sounds like an issue with whatever you are using to playback the MKV. Also, please use the most current version, 0.34.05 is two increments behind.
Old 19th August 2010, 01:04   #9280  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I've added a SETUP option for the next release that will keep only the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders. That makes it easier for those who like to rip to ISO and mount for the backup.