Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 27th February 2019, 12:51   #16781  |  Link
pepeq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Use latest version only if you have no old jobs in queue. Old jobs may not start due to incompatibility with ffms2.dll and old .index file.

You may try to manually fix this by editing each jobx.avs file.
If your source video is not AVC or VC1 then change ffms_latest to 2017 in line below #VideoSource

Code:
#VideoSource
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Delphi_Projects\RipBot264\_Compiled\Tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms\ffms_latest\x64\ffms2.dll")
Code:
#VideoSource
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Delphi_Projects\RipBot264\_Compiled\Tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms\2017\x64\ffms2.dll")
notepad++ should be able to do that in batch.
@Atak: but you know, that this does not solve the problem described in post #16773.

Last edited by pepeq; 27th February 2019 at 12:56.
pepeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2019, 15:04   #16782  |  Link
Ryushin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Use latest version only if you have no old jobs in queue. Old jobs may not start due to incompatibility with ffms2.dll and old .index file.

You may try to manually fix this by editing each jobx.avs file.
If your source video is not AVC or VC1 then change ffms_latest to 2017 in line below #VideoSource

Code:
#VideoSource
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Delphi_Projects\RipBot264\_Compiled\Tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms\ffms_latest\x64\ffms2.dll")
Code:
#VideoSource
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\Dave\Documents\Delphi_Projects\RipBot264\_Compiled\Tools\AviSynth plugins\ffms\2017\x64\ffms2.dll")
notepad++ should be able to do that in batch.
I had not idea that notepad++ would do that. I will need to look into that.

If anyone has the Linux subsystem installed, this command will do it as well (one line):
find /mnt/d/Temp/RipBot264temp/ -maxdepth 2 -type f -regex '.*job[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].avs?' -exec sed -i 's/ffms\\ffms_latest\\x64/ffms\\2017\\x64/g'
{} \;
Ryushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2019, 15:33   #16783  |  Link
Ryushin

My jobs are stuck right now. Just says starting... but never does anything.

DE Server shows:
Encoding started...
""\\SONNY\Ripbot264temp\Tools\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe" -loglevel panic -i "\\SONNY\RipBot264temp\job1107\Chunks\1.avs" -strict -1 -f yuv4mpegpipe - | "\\SONNY\Ripbot264temp\tools\x265\x265_x64.exe" --seek 0 --colorprim bt709 --transfer bt709 --colormatrix bt709 --crf 18 --fps 24000/1001 --min-keyint 24 --keyint 240 --frames 1434 --sar 1:1 --profile main10 --output-depth 10 --sar 1:1 --ctu 32 --y4m --pools "+" --output "\\SONNY\RipBot264temp\job1107\Chunks\1.265" -"

I've made the changes to the job*.avs files for the change for ffms. Even deleted the index files. Not sure what is going on yet.

Question: Is there an option to not build the index after demuxing the job but rather let it be created when the job starts? It would make pulling in jobs faster for me.

Edit: Odd, after 10 minutes, the jobs actually started. <que twilight zone music>

Last edited by Ryushin; 27th February 2019 at 15:39.
Old 27th February 2019, 15:43   #16784  |  Link
Ryushin

Atak, I removed the couple of VC-1 jobs I had. Do you recommend deleting all the indexes for all the jobs or they should they be fine once the job*.avs script is updated?

Last edited by Ryushin; 27th February 2019 at 15:47.
Old 27th February 2019, 15:56   #16785  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
Atak, I removed the couple of VC-1 jobs I had. Do you recommend deleting all the indexes for all the jobs or they should they be fine once the job*.avs script is updated?
They should be fine.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2019, 19:32   #16786  |  Link
katodevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepeq View Post
@Atak: but you know, that this does not solve the problem described in post #16773.
Seconded. I have no jobs in queue, created jobs with the latest version, and cannot get distributed encoding to start on any of the remote computers.

Swapping back to the old version works fine.
katodevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2019, 19:47   #16787  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
Originally Posted by katodevin View Post
Seconded. I have no jobs in queue, created jobs with the latest version, and cannot get distributed encoding to start on any of the remote computers.

I'll do that too
I can't reload all those jobs for nothing
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 17:06   #16788  |  Link
egres

Quote:

Reported the same issue a couple days ago, #16712 . I just tried again today. When I fired up RP, I got 3 updates: core.zip,ffms.zip and MediaInfo.zip. I then created a new job. Same result as you. Even the local encoder won't start

P.S: If I do a fresh install from RipBot264v1.24.0.7z and making sure updates are disabled, everything works.

Last edited by egres; 28th February 2019 at 18:43.
egres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2019, 22:08   #16789  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
Did that too
Fresh install everywhere, one job added.
Nothing starts
Old 1st March 2019, 13:24   #16790  |  Link
pepeq

Quote:
Originally Posted by slalom View Post
Did that too
Fresh install everywhere, one job added.
Nothing starts
For all of you, who are having the error, that RB does not start on the DE-server machines, but only on the DE-server itself:

An easier work-around is to reference the source video-file via a network-path on the DE-server, when you ADD or EDIT the job.

Example:
In menu Open when adding or editing a RB-job, do not select the source-video via a local disk-path (e.g. D:\videos\source.mkv), but via the UNC-network path (e.g. \\mymachine\videos\source.mkv).

The only requirement is to create a network-share (\\mymachine\videos) to your source-video directory (D:\videos), which is accessible from your DE-client-machines. Then you do not to have to create a network-mapping on all your DE-clients.

If you do so, then in all files jobX/chunks/X.avs the local path D:\videos\... is substituted with the network-path \\mymachine\videos\... and your DE-clients can access the source-video.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by pepeq; 1st March 2019 at 13:26.
Old 1st March 2019, 15:50   #16791  |  Link
slalom

Ok, I did that
Now all servers say "starting" but nothing happens, cpu is idle
Old 1st March 2019, 16:01   #16792  |  Link
pepeq

Quote:
Ok, I did that
Now all servers say "starting" but nothing happens, cpu is idle
This is another problem.
See #16556, maybe this will help you.
It helped a few other users (see #16560 and #16745)
Old 1st March 2019, 17:13   #16793  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
This is another problem.
I don't have those issues but if I click abort and then start a job after the encodes never start but keep trying, but if I click abort again > close and then open RipBot > Click encode it works again.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2019, 18:06   #16794  |  Link
slalom

Quote:
This is another problem.
I ran Resource Monitor
Didn't find anything strange
Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
I don't have those issues but if I click abort and then start a job after the encodes never start but keep trying, but if I click abort again > close and then open RipBot > Click encode it works again.
Seems to work. Do you have to do that once for all jobs?

All this is not normal behaviour
Quote:
An easier work-around is to reference the source video-file via a network-path on the DE-server, when you ADD or EDIT the job.

Example:
In menu Open when adding or editing a RB-job, do not select the source-video via a local disk-path (e.g. D:\videos\source.mkv), but via the UNC-network path (e.g. \\mymachine\videos\source.mkv).

The only requirement is to create a network-share (\\mymachine\videos) to your source-video directory (D:\videos), which is accessible from your DE-client-machines. Then you do not to have to create a network-mapping on all your DE-clients.

If you do so, then in all files jobX/chunks/X.avs the local path D:\videos\... is substituted with the network-path \\mymachine\videos\... and your DE-clients can access the source-video.

Hope that helps.
Did anyone notice network overload?
The speed is of course 1Gbps

Last edited by slalom; 1st March 2019 at 19:53.
Old 2nd March 2019, 12:07   #16795  |  Link
slalom

The problem with me is Network I/O waits
When this happens and the encoding doesn't start, there is high memory and network usage
Old 2nd March 2019, 14:17   #16796  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
The problem with me is Network I/O waits
When this happens and the encoding doesn't start, there is high memory and network usage
And what does Process Hacker show regarding cpu usage by ffmpeg.exe ?

Something tells me that due to incompatible .index file ffms2 plugin simply re-indexes you video file on fly and hence high network usage. (each server does the same simultaneously)

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 2nd March 2019 at 14:19.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2019, 18:14   #16797  |  Link
slalom

Not much

and resource monitor

Old 3rd March 2019, 05:45   #16798  |  Link
nekrosoft13

Quote:
Originally Posted by forkicks View Post
I managed to get my DE servers to work again by mounting a share on each of them so that the path that is set on the avs file is the same locally for each of them.

Basically, in the avs file, on each DE server,
FFVideoSource: Failed to open 'Y:\filename.mkv' (\\PCNAME\RipBot264temp\job4\Chunks\6.avs, line 7)
the "Y:" is wrong, it should be \\PCNAME\(...)". The path that is set in the avs file is only valid in the machine running ripbot.

My fix was making that path also valid on each DE server by sharing and mapping the share so that it matches.

This only happens since the last version, this was working fine previously, but the problem is definitly that.

fK
same issue, updated today, and it broke same day
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2019, 15:44   #16799  |  Link
Ryushin

4K Disc Seamless Branching Causing Audio Sync Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryushin View Post
So I'm still encountering this issue.

I rip a 4K disc to the hard drive that has seamless branching, such as Incredibles 2. I then use Ripbot to pull in the movie and process it. The output will have out of sync audio towards the end of the movie. I think this only happens on 4K discs that are towards 2 hours or longer.

The work around I've been doing is to use MakeMKV to create a video file from the same source and then pull that into Ripbot to process it and it comes out fine. Only caveat seems to be Ripbot throws and error when pulling in a mkv file that has a TrueHD stream in it.
Decoding Error
FFAudioSource: No audio track found
(D:\Temp\Ripbot264temp\Job1023\getinfo.avs, line 4)

So I create two MKVs, one with AC3 which Ripbot pulls in fine and is processed, and the other with TrueHD, that I mux in the TrueHD audio stream after the Ripbot finishes with the first file.
Still have this issue 4K and seamless branching. Just had to go through this with Ralph Breaks the Internet and Snow White and the Huntsman Extended edition. RB still throws and error when pulling in a mkv that has a TrueHD stream in it. Though I suspect that is caused by it being the first audio stream? Next time I'll remux it and make it the second audio stream to see if the error still occurs.
Old 4th March 2019, 14:45   #16800  |  Link
pepeq

Quote:
For all of you, who are having the error, that RB does not start on the DE-server machines, but only on the DE-server itself:

Example:

Hope that helps.

Problem solved with latest update RB 1.24.1, the files chunks/X.avs are correct now.
Thanks @Atak!

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360