Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VapourSynth
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 2nd November 2020, 15:43   #141  |  Link
Jukus

I installed VSE 2 from https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/v...th-editor-git/ and nothing works, F5 doesn't work, F6 doesn't work, when I open the script from the file manager then a blank document opens instead of the script.
Jukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2020, 20:47   #142  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukus View Post
I installed VSE 2 from https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/v...th-editor-git/ and nothing works, F5 doesn't work, F6 doesn't work, when I open the script from the file manager then a blank document opens instead of the script.
R3.1 was a test version, try R3
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2020, 22:08   #143  |  Link
sl1pkn07
Pajas Mentales...

R3.1 (R3 tag, 1 commit ahead, not ver "3.1") is only one commit ahead R3

https://bitbucket.org/gundamftw/vapo...tor-2/commits/

Last edited by sl1pkn07; 4th November 2020 at 22:10.
sl1pkn07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2020, 12:20   #144  |  Link
outhud

Can someone point to what Qt I should install to get this to compile on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS?

It seems it needs Qt 5.13 at least, but not clear how I should install this. Using the offline installer, and enabling "Sources" in the installer, says it will take over 4.01GB HDD space?
outhud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2020, 18:30   #145  |  Link
PRAGMA

Great work so far. Love the little UX improvements here and there, just I have some suggestions (some might be bugs on my end?).

- when opening VS Edit, remember what scripts/tabs were open (this one is driving me mad)
- maybe add a setting that attempts to preview the script automatically when you open the script/tab, if it errors out, then don't retry automatically.
- in the log under the script editor, add support for this to show prints (stdout) not just stderr (this one drove me absolutely mad with the original VS Edit, my only solution is to raise exceptions rather than print or use core.text, both aren't ideal)
- on Linux, kde plasma 5, the UI for the log under the script editor annoyingly has a white border around it if you're on a dark theme.

- Also forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but why is the seek bar so insanely huge height wise?

- Maybe a way to pin the Tools' windows next to the preview window so its no longer floating would be nice too.
- Also a way to change the preview to be Bilinear would be nice. Seems the dropdown for the kernel was removed and the hotkey for it doesn't seem to do anything.

Last edited by PRAGMA; 23rd November 2020 at 18:33.
PRAGMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2020, 18:47   #146  |  Link
PRAGMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl1pkn07 View Post
R3.1 (R3 tag, 1 commit ahead, not ver "3.1") is only one commit ahead R3

https://bitbucket.org/gundamftw/vapo...tor-2/commits/
I could be wrong but doesn't look like this aur package should be versioned R3.1, since the git itself doesn't have any of the R3.1 changes committed to it yet. The only R3.1 available is a Windows X64 build in Deployments
PRAGMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2020, 13:36   #147  |  Link
Jukus

Is the Point resizer used for zoom and there is no way to change it?
Old 4th December 2020, 17:46   #148  |  Link
Jukus

Just stopped working after restarting
Code:
Failed to evaluate the script:
Python exception: D2V cannot be opened.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 2244, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 2245, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
File "script_9777", line 8, in 
File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 2069, in vapoursynth.Function.__call__
vapoursynth.Error: D2V cannot be opened.
Old 7th December 2020, 21:39   #149  |  Link
sl1pkn07
Pajas Mentales...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAGMA View Post
I could be wrong but doesn't look like this aur package should be versioned R3.1, since the git itself doesn't have any of the R3.1 changes committed to it yet. The only R3.1 available is a Windows X64 build in Deployments
Code:
┌─┤[$]|[sl1pkn07]|[sL1pKn07]|[~/aplicaciones/vapoursynth-editor-git/vapoursynth-editor]|
└───╼  echo $(git describe --long --tags | tr - .)
R3.1.gf38042a
┌─┤[$]|[sl1pkn07]|[sL1pKn07]|[~/aplicaciones/vapoursynth-editor-git/vapoursynth-editor]|
└───╼  echo $(git describe --long --tags)
R3-1-gf38042a
is a git thing. because makepkg (part of pacman, the archlinux package manager) dont like the "-" in the version

greetings
Old 17th December 2020, 08:28   #150  |  Link
lansing

Finally back, R3.2 updated.

changelog
Code:
Capping frame cache and frame ticket queue sizes, greatly reducing memory usage
I have tested for the last couple of days, the memory issue should be resolved now on my part. The original version had the frame ticket queue and frame cache size set too big, I pretty much disabled them now. Though the memory usage is still a lot higher than Avspmod. For example, my 720x480 dvd source is using 48 MB on playback in avspmod while vseditor is using 105 MB. The original loading of the video is only 62 MB but then it raise as more frames were loaded and were capped at 105 MB. After going through all the codes looking for the cap, I finally realized that the frame caching actually came from vapoursynth, as running benchmark through vspipe results in about the same amount of memory usage.
Old 1st February 2021, 00:21   #151  |  Link
lansing

Updated version to R4

Code:
R4: [2021-01-31]
- Add option to release memory on tab
- Remember tabs on close
- Opening script that was already opened will change to its tab
- Fixed a save file dialog pop up when loading from the recent script list while the active script is labeled as modified
- Fixed script template loading with tabs
- Fixed log window visibility. The window will show up from hidden when there's an error
- Removed the ugly white margin around log window
- Capping frame cache and frame ticket queue sizes, greatly reducing memory usage
- Added "copy to new tab" option to right click tab context menu
- Updated more deprecated type cast
I fixed most of the reported issues, the user experience should be a lot better now. I should start to look at improving syntax highlighting and autocompletion now. And there's issue of 4K video not playing at full speed on playback but I already have it hardware decoded, don't know why.

Last edited by lansing; 2nd February 2021 at 02:41. Reason: typo
Old 3rd February 2021, 07:29   #152  |  Link
lansing

Updated to R4.3

Code:
- Added option in menu to open plugins and scripts folder
- Setting of "characters typed to start autocompletion" doesn't affect VS functions anymore
- Autocompletion for VS functions now default to be triggered by zero typed character after "core."
- Added an "about Vapoursynth" dialog to the menu to show current VS and API versions
I fixed the annoying issue with the characters typed to start autocompletion setting option. Before when we set the option to 0, the autocompletion mechanic would be triggered on everywhere by everything like spacebar or enter, but we'll need it to be at 0 or the plugin autocompletion feature would be pointless. Now that option will not affect plugin autocompletion and autocompletion would be triggered after "core." or a period in the chain.

I also added the one click open option for opening the plugins and scripts folders, utilizing vsrepo. I couldn't find a proper way to catch error in QProcess though, for example:
Code:
pythonxyz vsrepo.py paths  # error caught
python vsrepo.py pathsxyz  # error not caught
so I didn't even bother for error checking.
Old 3rd February 2021, 13:16   #153  |  Link
ChaosKing

Quote:
Autocompletion for VS functions now default to be triggered by zero typed character after "core."
Much more usable now thx.
Old 4th February 2021, 07:10   #154  |  Link
lansing

Updated to R4.4

log
Code:
- Autocompletion for Python script functions, still in beta
- Some code refactoring on the last commit that is necessary for autocompletion
A beta version for autocompletion for Python script functions, very buggy still. The program will generate the qcomplete model for the scripts you have in your script folder. Functions are parsed by reading the scripts looking for the definitions. Private methods and child methods are ignored. Well that's the best I can think of to filter out the unnecessary ones. For scripts that don't private their utility or helper methods, there's really nothing I can do. They will just be added to the model.

Limitation so far is that the there's no logic to change module name, and I'm still don't know what to do with gigantic functions like QTGMC with like 50+ arguments.
Old 4th February 2021, 09:53   #155  |  Link
ChaosKing

The autocomplete list shows up on the left side of my screen, but only with havsfunc.
Old 4th February 2021, 10:24   #156  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosKing View Post
The autocomplete list shows up on the left side of my screen, but only with havsfunc.
I think that's probably because of some long definition in the list. I'll take out the arguments in the definitions, that should fix it.
Old 5th February 2021, 05:47   #157  |  Link
lansing

Updated to R4.6

changelog
Code:
- Fixed autocompletion argument value not printing
- Fixed parsing definition with "\"
- Autocompleter list shows only function names instead of the entire definition now, much easier to read
I fixed all the problems I can find for the python script autocompleter, now the whole thing should be usable. A lot of time has been spent unexpectedly on debugging because switching to the new signal/slot syntax somehow broke the text selection logic.

Autocompleter on VS filter arguments doesn't have default values because the current API doesn't provide them, so we'll have to wait for Myrsloik for API 4.

The final piece for autocompletion will be autocompletion for VS Classes but I don't know where to get that list.

Last edited by lansing; 5th February 2021 at 05:51.
Old 5th February 2021, 08:40   #158  |  Link
lansing

When I run a script with core = vs.get_core(), in PyCharm, it'll give a warning about the function being deprecated, but in vseditor, nothing was printed.
Old 6th February 2021, 18:26   #159  |  Link
lansing

After couple of days of reading, I feel like the next evolution for the editor part of the program would be to use a Python language server. It provides autocompletion for all filters and modules (what we have now), as well as keeping track of the type of the variables so we can have autocompletion like vs.YUV420P8 or clip.set_output() and chaining filters, which is what we couldn't do now. And Myrsloik already had the stubs file prepared for that, well the autocompletion still doesn't work well for VideoNode, like allowing things like this:
Code:
clip.ffms2.Source(r"hello.mkv")
but it will get there eventually.
Old 9th February 2021, 09:42   #160  |  Link
ChaosKing

It seems when I press F6 (check script) all tabs a checked. My 1. tab is very slow (heavy filtering) & my 2. tab is fast. I only want to check tab 2, but it takes very long until tab2 show the result. Removing tab 1 results in fast resonse.
Is this by design or a bug?

Last edited by ChaosKing; 9th February 2021 at 09:46.
ChaosKing is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
vapoursynth editor