Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Decrypting

Old 1st February 2020, 09:25   #461  |  Link
nalor

One more thing: I've created a processing as part of the upload a long time ago, but as time went short I never managed to finally enable it.

I'll post a new FindVuk release soon that will massively speed up the synchronization.
Will also try to enable the automatic processing at the same time.

Gesendet von meinem H8324 mit Tapatalk
nalor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2020, 22:33   #462  |  Link
nalor

I've released FindVUK 1.30 now - it's available in the first post.

Main reason is the highly improved synchronization speed. This is possible because I've completely changed the process behind. Instead of modifying the existing keydb.cfg, I'm reading everything into memory and recreate the keydb.cfg at the end.
This has one major impact: the order of the lines is changed.

When creating the final file the order is always the following:
  1. Comment-Lines
  2. Device-Key-Lines
  3. Processing-Key-Lines
  4. Host-Certificate-Lines
  5. Title-Lines

The very first line in the file includes the timestamp and some statistics about the file.

I've tested it and for me it's working fine - I also detected a bug in the last release that resulted in too much uploaded discs.

Additionally to the changes in FindVUK I've enabled the 'process on upload' for the Online Database - so uploads from FindVUK are now processed directly and the result is visible immediatly.
The only case I know where it's not working fine is in case the disc has a meaningless title, a manual title got entered and it's different from an already existing manual title in the online database - in this (hopefully rare) case an error message will be displayed.
Old 3rd February 2020, 22:39   #463  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by qyot27 View Post
How does the reported date influence FindVUK adding or substituting data in the entries for a disc?

Because I scanned one of my discs, and the date came up as 2013-12-31. All the keys (VUK, MK, VID, and 2 Unit Keys) exist for this entry. In KEYDB.cfg, even after the validated keys were supposedly uploaded to the Online-DB, synchronizing will write over this entry with one that has most of the same keys, but a date of 2014-01-23. The problem is that the entry with the newer date is missing the Unit Keys, has incomplete metadata compared to the way newer versions of FindVUK do it, and is marked by the (LEGACY) (NOTVALIDATED) comments.

I can even go back and re-run FindVUK on the disc, and it will replace that 2014 entry with the validated 2013 one. I then use Synchronize, it puts the 2014 one with missing keys back in and takes the 2013 out.
Hi! Processed the discs today and it's looking good - your disc is now validated and the unitkeys are in the database
Old 4th February 2020, 04:45   #464  |  Link
DanTheMann15

FindVUK 1.30 has a bug when synchronizing with no existing KEYDB.cfg.

Expected result: create a new KeyDB.cfg file from the OnlineDB.
Actual Result: errors-out when writing the new KeyDB.cfg

version 1.24 is not affected.

See attatched logfile:
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2020-02-03_FindVUK.txt (5.1 KB, 103 views)
DanTheMann15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2020, 07:09   #465  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTheMann15 View Post
FindVUK 1.30 has a bug when synchronizing with no existing KEYDB.cfg.

Expected result: create a new KeyDB.cfg file from the OnlineDB.
Actual Result: errors-out when writing the new KeyDB.cfg

version 1.24 is not affected.

See attatched logfile:
Ups, will fix it tonight.

Gesendet von meinem H8324 mit Tapatalk
Old 4th February 2020, 19:52   #466  |  Link
nalor

Release 1.31 available in first post
Old 5th February 2020, 09:36   #467  |  Link
DanTheMann15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalor View Post
Release 1.31 available in first post
Thanks so much for the quick fix!

The synchronizing is so much faster, and i can't wait to see how it handles uploading new disc keys to the onlinedb.

will let you know if i encounter any bugs, thanks again!
DanTheMann15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2020, 19:49   #468  |  Link
nalor

Fixed a data error in the online database - accidentially I've stored unitkeys identical to the vuk for ~70.000 legacy entries. I've fixed this today - now the data is correct again.

The only thing that might happen is that a lot of changes are detected and the synch-upload to the online database fails with a HTTP500 error.

This error happens only one time and the reason is that FindVUK tries to upload all the wrong unitkeys one more time to the database - so in this case just ignore the error (it's happening because the file-upload exceeds the expected limit).

Additionally I've added a post-processing check into the database so in case it happens again that VUK and a single UnitKey are identical - the UnitKey is discarded.

So it shouldn't happen again
Old 24th February 2020, 23:09   #469  |  Link
Losko

Nalor, I have a freeze (probably) due to a bug into DVDFabPasskey 9.3.7.3.
FindVUK is 1.31 (latest).

During Passkey analysis of a disc (an italian release of District 9) FindVUK reaches the stage when "MemDump successfully finished!", I think at that point the relevant data have been captured, are they?

Now, two bad things may happen (only with this disc):

one, Passkey crashes. It seems FindVUK doesn't catch this happening and stays awaiting for the next step. (BUT, if I restart Passkey, it will perform the same steps as before)

two, Passkey enters an infinite loop and does... nothing. The progress bar keeps moving but the drive motor stops (no more noise) and the drive led never blinks anymore. Nothing. So, even now, FindVUK stays awaiting for some event never arriving.

Can it be forced to go further?
Losko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2020, 10:36   #470  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losko View Post
Nalor, I have a freeze (probably) due to a bug into DVDFabPasskey 9.3.7.3.

FindVUK is 1.31 (latest).

During Passkey analysis of a disc (an italian release of District 9) FindVUK reaches the stage when "MemDump successfully finished!", I think at that point the relevant data have been captured, are they?

Now, two bad things may happen (only with this disc):

one, Passkey crashes. It seems FindVUK doesn't catch this happening and stays awaiting for the next step. (BUT, if I restart Passkey, it will perform the same steps as before)

two, Passkey enters an infinite loop and does... nothing. The progress bar keeps moving but the drive motor stops (no more noise) and the drive led never blinks anymore. Nothing. So, even now, FindVUK stays awaiting for some event never arriving.

Can it be forced to go further?
Can you post the logfile from findvuk?
Thanks!

Gesendet von meinem SM-T800 mit Tapatalk
Old 25th February 2020, 20:40   #471  |  Link
Losko

Attached.

In this run Passkey crashed the first time, then I re-launched it and it got into a loop doing nothing.

The attachment is still pending for approval.
In the meanwhile, read it here (the link will be valid until march 13th).
Attached Files
File Type: txt findvuk_log1.txt (30.7 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by Losko; 28th February 2020 at 09:38.
Old 26th February 2020, 06:27   #472  |  Link
Snape

I'm not sure if it's just Windows (or me) being stupid, but Windows Defender has strong objections to v1.30 and v1.31 (it flags them as "Trojan:Win32/Detplock"), v1.24 is fine though.
Snape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2020, 20:40   #473  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Attached.

In this run Passkey crashed the first time, then I re-launched it and it got into a loop doing nothing.

The attachment is still pending for approval.
In the meanwhile, read it here (the link will be valid until march 13th).
Please try to set 'WriteMainPlaylist' in config/findvuk.ini to 0 and try again.
I guess it's waiting for the main playlist ...

In the end I think capturing this info does not make that much sense at all and I think I'll change the default to 0 for the next release anyway.
Old 29th February 2020, 00:32   #474  |  Link
Losko

Quote:
Please try to set 'WriteMainPlaylist' in config/findvuk.ini to 0 and try again.
It worked!
Passkey ran smooth and Findvuk completed successfully (maybe faster than before...? ).
Thank you

(will the upcoming Findvuk release support the latest Passkey 9.3.7.5 ? )
Old 29th February 2020, 16:03   #475  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
(will the upcoming Findvuk release support the latest Passkey 9.3.7.5 ? )
Just tried FindVUK 1.31 with Passkey 9.3.7.5 and it worked out of the box for me?
Please tell what kind of problems you discovered - an upload a logfile for further analysis.

Thanks!
Old 18th March 2020, 04:04   #476  |  Link
Bomum

Hi, nalor
What is the minimum version of DVDFab, Passkey, Player that can run FindVUK?
Old 18th March 2020, 21:21   #477  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomum View Post
Hi, nalor
What is the minimum version of DVDFab, Passkey, Player that can run FindVUK?
I think that even the versions used with the very first FindVUK release are still supported .. because I think that I've never removed the support of the old releases.

But why do you want to use an older release? afaik they stopped working when DVDfab changed their server-backend...
Old 19th March 2020, 04:30   #478  |  Link
Bomum

Quote:
I think that even the versions used with the very first FindVUK release are still supported .. because I think that I've never removed the support of the old releases.

But why do you want to use an older release? afaik they stopped working when DVDfab changed their server-backend...
I'm sorry I couldn't convey my words well
What is the minimum version of DVDFab, Player, PassKey that works with "Latest FindVUK"?
Old 19th March 2020, 22:52   #479  |  Link
nalor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomum View Post
I'm sorry I couldn't convey my words well
What is the minimum version of DVDFab, Player, PassKey that works with "Latest FindVUK"?
I'm sorry but I've no clue what you really want to know (what do you want to say with 'minimum' ? the oldest supported version? or the newest supported version?)

I'd recommend to always use the most current release from DVDfab (this applies to all supported products: DVDfab, Passkey, Player).

In case you notice any problems with a release just post the problems here with a logfile and I'll take a look and usually fix it within a few days.
Old 20th March 2020, 11:40   #480  |  Link
Bomum

Quote:
I'm sorry but I've no clue what you really want to know (what do you want to say with 'minimum' ? the oldest supported version? or the newest supported version?)
Sorry for lack of words
What is the "oldest DVDFab, Player, Passkey version" supported by "Latest FindVUK"?