Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 4th June 2013, 20:28   #3241  |  Link
LeMoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Please select your languages in Options\Settings
I don't undesrtand, there are two languages options,, and their function is not that clear. I thought it defined the output language track name for an mkv or mp4 file ? So actually it's meant to select the default language streams to extract?
LeMoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2013, 21:52   #3242  |  Link
Zathor

It is used in several places and also for the HD Streams Extractor. You can select there your two languages (or only one).
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2013, 22:34   #3243  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj503 View Post
I just wanted to ask about my previous question:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1625889#post1625889

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1625899#post1625899
Ok, had a quick look and failed... Does somebody know how to retrieve the information programatically (sso wich parameters to use) from MediaInfo in order to check if a file has attachments? I can find this information in the GUI but not in the API.
Old 4th June 2013, 23:22   #3244  |  Link
Marsu42
Huba Huba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsu42 View Post
1. I find the megui oneclick folder queue handling a bit strange and unexpected esp. in comparison to the more intuitive handbrake gui method: After adding a folder all files contained are added to the queue just like queuing them manually one by one.
Quote:
For my use case it works better the way it is now (limited HD space).
I see your point - but this would be fixed if the other unusual megui behavior would be changed: instead of putting everything to the end of the *queue*, it would make sense to put it at the end of the *job*:

... currently you end up with tons of temporary files after queuing some jobs before the actual av processing starts:
job1 idx done
job1 oneclick done
job2 idx done
job2 oneclick done
job1 audio processing
job1 video waiting
job1 mux waiting
job1 cleanup waiting
job2 audio waiting
job2 video waiting
job2 mux waiting
job2 cleanup waiting

... but neatly putting the result of idx/oneclick where it would make more sense, at least to me:
job1 idx done
job1 oneclick done
job1 audio done
job1 video processing
job1 mux waiting
job1 cleanup waiting
job2 idx waiting
job2 oneclick waiting
Old 16th June 2013, 15:48   #3245  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

That will only be possible if there are reliable command line multiplexers for the MOV container, as there is mkvmerge for MKV, or MP4Box for MP4.

You may be able to create MOVs with ffmpeg or mencoder, but who knows how tightly they follow the specifications? As far as I remember, their "filter" workflow (not seeking back in the output file to fix headers, because the output may be streamed through STDOUT) is a reason for already notorious issues with many output containers.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 16th June 2013 at 15:52.
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2013, 10:27   #3246  |  Link
Rat Killer

Quote:
recode audio and not video in oneclick?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a number of files that need the audio recoded and the audio and video in a new container but do not need the video track recoded.

Is there a way to set up a profile in the oneclick encoder to do this?

I tried using the checkbox for 'Don't encode video' but it does anyway.
Zathor, Were you ever able to do anything along these lines or were you still waiting on something from me about mp4 files? Thanks as always.

Last edited by Rat Killer; 19th June 2013 at 10:29.
Rat Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2013, 20:27   #3247  |  Link
Zathor

No time yet
Old 21st June 2013, 19:05   #3248  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

When you may have some more time again, Zathor ... would you consider supporting L-SMASH Source (LWLibavVideoSource, LWLibavAudioSource) too?

New German Gleitz board
Old 24th June 2013, 21:11   #3249  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat Killer View Post
Not sure which update caused this but somewhere in the last few, the oneclick encoder broke the autocrop and resize logic.

I have profile that uses auto crop and a max resolution of 1920. Using a mpeg2 input file with resolution of 720x480 that has black bars on right and left, results in an output file of 640x486. The allow upsize checkbox is not checked. Output should be 640x480.
Please test this build:
http://megui.org/test/MeGUI.zip

I had to rewrite large parts of the resolution (resize, crop, pad) logic to use the same functions during OneClick and in the AVS Script Creator. So there may be some new bugs.
@all: please test it. it will be released in the next days or weeks as normal development build.
Old 25th June 2013, 11:02   #3250  |  Link
Octo-puss

Feature request:
Can you add a simple option to delete all backup files please? After a few weeks of updating the program, size of the whole folder increases to somewhat ridiculous numbers.
Octo-puss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 17:57   #3251  |  Link
Kurtnoise
Swallowed in the Sea

In the Settings -> Extra Configuration tab, uncheck "Always backup files when needed" and save...

Last edited by Kurtnoise; 25th June 2013 at 17:59.
Kurtnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2013, 22:02   #3252  |  Link
Zathor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
When you may have some more time again, Zathor ... would you consider supporting L-SMASH Source (LWLibavVideoSource, LWLibavAudioSource) too?
What kind of benefits are there compared to FFMS?
Old 26th June 2013, 07:37   #3253  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

a) improved compatibility (e.g. with PAFF interlaced AVC, or out of Transport Streams);
b) improved decoding speed (in a specific test on a Phenom-II X4, LSS was about 1.5x as fast as FFMS with a FullHD AVC source encoded with x264 --crf 6);
c) LSMASHVideoSource has a specific splitter for ISO/MPEG4 related containers (MP4, MOV)

I believe VFR maniac can tell you more "advertizing" ...

New German Gleitz board
Old 26th June 2013, 10:31   #3254  |  Link
mini-moose

VBV warnings

Hi

is there a way to disable the vbv warnings? Personally I don't use vbv bufsize/maxrate and I find the warnings on logs or the ! on tray icon are a bit annoying.
mini-moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2013, 22:18   #3255  |  Link
Zathor

It is not possible to disable those warnings. Why do you not want to add VBV values when a level is specified?
Old 26th June 2013, 23:33   #3256  |  Link
Kunda

megui 2356

After updating MeGUI with the latest files, MeGUI didnt care about bitrate setting in the coniguration part of encodersettings for xvid if automated 2 pass is enabled and autoencode is selected with "no target size(Use profile settings)"-option. It even dont care about the given bitrate after clicking on autoencode and filling in a specific bitrate.

Files are encoded at a very low bitrate, regardless of the complexity of the movie.

I dont know why this happens. It didnt happen before. Is it possible MeGUI dont find or cant open the stats file?

Im using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit.

Last edited by Kunda; 26th June 2013 at 23:35.
Kunda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2013, 10:57   #3257  |  Link
mini-moose

Quote:
It is not possible to disable those warnings. Why do you not want to add VBV values when a level is specified?
thanks for replying to both my questions. I just never used vbv settings before. From what I read it has to do with streaming and constrained bw. Not an issue for me. I can live with the warnings, it would just be "easier" on my eyes without them
On a different matter...AutoEncode - I usually load avs and audio file for encode, and then use AutoEncode. I like to tag the language of my audio, which can only be done in this routine if I check "add additional content". Then there's a language dialog. It's fine when there's real content to add, but when it's something rather minor like language tag, I find it would be more useful to be able to add it on previous stages (like the first automatic encoding dialog box). Also the list of available languages is alphabetical, and has dozens of "less common" languages listed before say English/French/Spanish etc. Be nice if it was like mkvtoolnix that offers the more --common-- languages first and --All-- after.

Last edited by mini-moose; 27th June 2013 at 11:37.
Old 27th June 2013, 11:47   #3258  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

If you don't expect your files to be played on devices with severely limited reading speed (optical drive, slower memory card/stick, network access) or decoding memory, do not restrict the Profile@Level for the encoder.

New German Gleitz board
Old 27th June 2013, 11:52   #3259  |  Link
mini-moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigH View Post
If you don't expect your files to be played on devices with severely limited reading speed (optical drive, slower memory card/stick, network access) or decoding memory, do not restrict the Profile@Level for the encoder.
That's what I do, but the unrestricted profile has auto guess, so it still warns about vbv. By the way, I do add level in the custom cmd box, I assume it doesn't have the same effect as vbv settings though.

Last edited by mini-moose; 27th June 2013 at 12:01.
Old 27th June 2013, 12:47   #3260  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

No, x264 would need a combo of Profile, Level, and two VBV options. MeGUI creates the VBV options based on the selected Profile@Level when using its dedicated combobox.

New German Gleitz board