Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 5th May 2018, 09:23   #50661  |  Link
suanm

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
lavfilter doesn't decode 4:4:4 out of blu rays it's 4:2:0.
so if you want lavfilter to send 4.4:4 from BD UBD sources for what ever reason it has to upscale that with the CPU in not the best quality and it not cheap at all.
Got it,thank you
suanm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2018, 10:39   #50662  |  Link
svengun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oguignant View Post
About Madvr v0.92.14

Hello. One question, I just see this: (NV HDR) after the Display Hz. What does it mean?

Another thing, in "Windows mode" or "Full screen" with D3D11 always appears in 8 bits, only when I use "exclusive mode" it changes to 10 bits. Before in "full screen without exclusive mode" appeared 10 bits. Why now only 8 bits appear?

Thks in advance!!!

Read back a few pages , everybody has this
svengun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2018, 11:37   #50663  |  Link
huhn

i'm really buffed that people notice the number 10 is now a 8 and not the banding it was producing...
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2018, 13:01   #50664  |  Link
cyberscott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
You can use HDR in PC mode but, on the C7 at least, the gamut coverage is much worse. Home theater or similar offers better HDR rendering but also uses 4:2:2 color subsampling.
One reason I’m looking forward to HDMI 2.1 displays and graphic cards. This would eliminate the bandwidth issue with HDMI 2.0. Just imagine being able to use madVR at full 4K at 60Hz or more, with full 4:4:4 color subsampling and HDR!
cyberscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2018, 13:07   #50665  |  Link
huhn

but hdmi 2.0 can do RGB 60 HZ UHD and HDR.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2018, 13:53   #50666  |  Link
strumf666

Not at 12 bits?
strumf666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2018, 14:24   #50667  |  Link
Manni

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
i'm really buffed that people notice the number 10 is now a 8 and not the banding it was producing...
There was banding only in passthrough, only in fullscreen windowed mode, only in Windows 10, and it was very minor. So not that surprising.

People are noticing the number 8 because in most cases, there was NO banding in 10bits, but they now have (momentarily until it's restored) lost that feature, so it's very understandable they notice the unnecessary limitation and didn't notice anything before, when everything was working fine with no banding at all (or very minor one if win10 FSW passthrough).
Denon X8500HA>HD Fury VRRoom>TCL 55C805K
Manni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2018, 14:46   #50668  |  Link
Clown shoes
King of the Jungle

Not off topic but certainly not something I've seen discussed here is finding an alternative way to call MadVRs stats (ctrl J)

Like many of you I presume, I am using a HTPC in my living room with a harmony hub and remote. I have a keyboard and mouse but I'd rather not have to use them if possible.

I've tried using WScript send keys inside a VBS script (as below) and adding it as a shortcut on my taskbar. I then map a button on my remote to activate the second shortcut on my taskbar, however for some reason it just doesn't want to work

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.SendKeys "^j"

I was wondering if anyone else had thought of a clever way to call the stats up, without having to resort to keyboard and mouse?
Clown shoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2018, 15:59   #50669  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown shoes View Post
Not off topic but certainly not something I've seen discussed here is finding an alternative way to call MadVRs stats (ctrl J)

Like many of you I presume, I am using a HTPC in my living room with a harmony hub and remote. I have a keyboard and mouse but I'd rather not have to use them if possible.

I've tried using WScript send keys inside a VBS script (as below) and adding it as a shortcut on my taskbar. I then map a button on my remote to activate the second shortcut on my taskbar, however for some reason it just doesn't want to work

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.SendKeys "^j"

I was wondering if anyone else had thought of a clever way to call the stats up, without having to resort to keyboard and mouse?
If you can map keyboard commands to your Harmony remote, it should be easy. You can change the shortcut in madVR to anything you want. You may even be able to push a button on your remote if madVR recognizes it, but I think it has to be a keyboard combination of some sort.

I use MCE Keyboard as the profile and Windows Media Center SE. Bluetooth keyboard would also work.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2018, 16:05   #50670  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlauzon View Post
I keep hearing about MadVR, but have no idea how to use it, can someone ELI5 please & thank you..?!
- Download madVR from the first page. Unzip it to any directory and run the install.bat.

- Install a media player such as MPC-BE or MPC-HC. Select madVR as the video renderer form its options menu and configure the internal filters (splitter, video and audio).

- Play a video and access the madVR control panel with Ctrl + S.

From there, you can experiment with various settings in madVR as you wish.

For more information on madVR's settings, visit this guide. There is also a guide linked in my signature.
Old 5th May 2018, 16:06   #50671  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDisk80 View Post
Nope, still busted with 397.55.
madVR gives this error when trying to apply custom timings.
I'm assuming you did, but did you make sure you selected a different refresh rate than the one you are trying to customize (e.g. anything besides 23hz?).
Old 5th May 2018, 16:13   #50672  |  Link
brazen1

I added Windows Media Center SE as a device to my HTPC activity. I changed Ctrl + J to Ctrl + Z in madVR. I added a soft button to my Harmony 900 mapping the Windows Media Center SE/Ctrl + Z command and pressing it toggles stats off and on.
brazen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2018, 16:37   #50673  |  Link
tyrindor

I reported this when Windows 10 1803 was still an insider build but it seems it's still an issue.

I have upgraded two computers to Windows 10 1803 and both of them now have an issue where the video freezes for about 2-5 seconds whenever entering exclusive fullscreen mode. Downgrading back to the previous version of Windows 10 fixes it on both computers.

Titan XP, latest NVIDIA drivers/MadVR/MPC-BE. Default settings everywhere for testing.

Last edited by tyrindor; 5th May 2018 at 16:44.
tyrindor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2018, 16:43   #50674  |  Link
Clown shoes
King of the Jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner306 View Post
If you can map keyboard commands to your Harmony remote, it should be easy. You can change the shortcut in madVR to anything you want. You may even be able to push a button on your remote if madVR recognizes it, but I think it has to be a keyboard combination of some sort.

I use MCE Keyboard as the profile and Windows Media Center SE. Bluetooth keyboard would also work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1 View Post
I added Windows Media Center SE as a device to my HTPC activity. I changed Ctrl + J to Ctrl + Z in madVR. I added a soft button to my Harmony 900 mapping the Windows Media Center SE/Ctrl + Z command and pressing it toggles stats off and on.
Cheers fellas,

Strangely I just can't get it working!

I have the Harmony 950 and I have Media Center SE added as a device. I've tried Ctrl + J and like brazen1 I have tried changing that to Ctrl + Z, adding either to one of the hard buttons on my remote.

I can't think what might be preventing it from working.
Old 5th May 2018, 16:47   #50675  |  Link
brazen1

What happens if you press that key combo on your keyboard? The Harmony should mimic it exactly. Try adding as a soft button.
Old 5th May 2018, 16:52   #50676  |  Link
Clown shoes
King of the Jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazen1 View Post
What happens if you press that key combo on your keyboard? The Harmony should mimic it exactly. Try adding as a soft button.
Well that's the weird bit; the keyboard combo works as expected.

I've tried as software buttons as well but same result. It's all very odd!
Old 5th May 2018, 16:59   #50677  |  Link
brazen1

You may have added Media Center SE as a device incorrect or something? If you call up the device 'Media Center SE', do any of the softkey functions for it work? Alt + F4 for example on a desktop window or mouse curser movement. Just seeing if it has any function. Beyond this, I've no idea?
Old 5th May 2018, 17:10   #50678  |  Link
tzr916

Is there any problem in running different installs of madVR on one machine?

I noticed that Zoom Player downloads/installs it's own madVR, then Jriver MC does the same (Jriver actually discourages trying to use the latest available in MC). Each install does have their own directory and settings.bin. So are there registry settings or other conflicts?

What about LAV? Similar situation....
Old 5th May 2018, 17:15   #50679  |  Link
zaemon

madVR - high quality video renderer (GPU assisted)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzr916 View Post
Is there any problem in running different installs of madVR on one machine?

I noticed that Zoom Player downloads/installs it's own madVR, then Jriver MC does the same (Jriver actually discourages trying to use the latest available in MC). Each install does have their own directory and settings.bin. So are there registry settings or other conflicts?

What about LAV? Similar situation....

I think you cannot have two instances of madVR.
zaemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2018, 17:33   #50680  |  Link
tzr916

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaemon View Post
I think you cannot have two instances of madVR.
But I do.

Zoom Player installs (the latest) madVR in Program Files(x86).
Jriver installs (an approved version of) madVR in User/AppData/Roaming/Jriver/Plugins.

They both run fine, AFAIK.

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling