Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > VirtualDub, VDubMod & AviDemux

Old 14th August 2018, 14:52   #561  |  Link
kolak

I mean the look didn't change. Whole encoding and bayer setting are all good

With metadata CF own decoder should give us better look for start, but this will be still not available in Resolve (Resolve uses own debayering which is better and GPU based). I'm waiting for BM to add whole RAW control for CF RAW in Resolve.

Thank you for you work- this is already a lot (at leats for testing needs).

Are you aware that Cineform use to provide cmd line tool for transcoding from DNG RAW (and not only) to CF RAW? This tool supports only uncompressed DNG as far as I know. It hasn't been updated for years. Shame this code is not public (it owed be probably not to difficult to adjust it)- we only have exe file.

Last edited by kolak; 14th August 2018 at 14:55.
kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 18:04   #562  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Hi all,

I have an AVID source which contains some banding in certain scenes: -

Is there a filter in VirtualDub2 that can help reduce this?

Cheers
Old 14th August 2018, 18:15   #563  |  Link
kolak

Don't think so. You need avisynth or vapoursynth. Filters like:
flash3kyuu_deband or GradFun3.
kolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 18:24   #564  |  Link
shekh

I tried to port GradFun filter but didn't like the result. Got stuck mid-way while trying to fix its issues.
edit: this was from ffmpeg version of GradFun, which is probably not the same at all as AviSynth GradFun3.

Last edited by shekh; 14th August 2018 at 18:26.
shekh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2018, 18:41   #565  |  Link
shekh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanak View Post
One thing that will be nice if possible without much coding work will be to set the auto-size of panels for each one individually, for example, having the output panel maximized at his maximum display capacity while the input panel is at 25% and having this setting remembered from one session to another, saving this as a kind of template.
I thought it already performs that way Maybe there is a bug.

Dark theme: unrealistic. Did you try to change entire windows theme?
Old 16th August 2018, 20:17   #566  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolak View Post
Don't think so. You need avisynth or vapoursynth. Filters like:
flash3kyuu_deband or GradFun3.
Bummer... That's a shame
Old 16th August 2018, 20:19   #567  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

I know this is a super vague thing to report, but sometimes VirtualDub2 fails to respond to a press of "Page Up" or "Page Down." Unfortunately I can't find a way to repeatedly trigger the issue, so I mention it only in case it triggers a thought.
Old 16th August 2018, 23:58   #568  |  Link
lansing

I have another problem with the capture mode. My Logitech webcam has an "exposure" parameter, but it's not showing up in the "levels" window. Can you also map this parameter to the window?
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2018, 23:46   #569  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

Odd behaviour discovered (please make sure you view this at 100%):

The source is an Avisynth script as follows which produces alternating black and white lines. The left hand size is magnified to 150%. I can't think why it would look like this, but it only occurs at exactly 150%, and only with "Use DirectX for display panes" switched off (I forget why I have it switched off, but I'm sure there is a good reason). It can also be seen when DirectX is on but VirtualDub is not the focused window (I assume DirectX gets switched off in that situation).

Source:

Code:
blankclip(width=360,height=144)
interleave(last,last.invert).assumefieldbased.weave
When stepping through frames or playing back, the stripes jump around.

At other zooms, or when manually dragged away from 150%, the result is aliased (with DirectX off), but consistent.

Last edited by wonkey_monkey; 19th August 2018 at 23:50.
wonkey_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2018, 07:12   #570  |  Link
Groucho2004

@davidhorman
I can't reproduce any of the problems you describe, neither on XP nor on Win7.
Maybe it's related to your display driver and/or it's configuration. Dunno, just a hunch.

Last edited by Groucho2004; 20th August 2018 at 09:26.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2018, 18:03   #571  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

Can not repeat that too. VD2 42087, Win7U64, nVidia 388.16
Old 21st August 2018, 22:10   #572  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

For what it's worth I'm on Windows 7 with an Nvidia Optimus (Intel/Nvidia graphics cards working together). That might have something to do with it, but it's never caused any other problems. Even if I force VirtualDub to run on the Nvidia card (it usually runs on the Intel) the problem still happens. I tried on another computer with an older version of VirtualDub2 and it didn't happen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 23rd August 2018, 14:34   #573  |  Link
shekh

Looks like rounding error in StretchBlt (unbelievable), I can only suggest that this is GPU defect. Is the temperature normal? :|
Old 23rd August 2018, 14:55   #574  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

Well it's been a bit hot for my liking, but it is Summer after all...

Oh, the computer? Nah, it's as cool as a cucumber. Fan hardly ever blows. I've never seen any other such defects, and it only happens at that specific scale factor (150%), and only if DirectX is disabled (which for most people it won't be, i guess).
Old 24th August 2018, 22:16   #575  |  Link
wonkey_monkey
Formerly davidh*****

Minor bug? When reloading (with F2) an Avisynth script which is now longer than before, a white mark appears on the timeline at the previous endpoint of the video (or sometimes at a different point; I think it may have something to do with changes to the number scale as the numbers get larger):

It compounds with each increase in length:

After doing it twice (or more) in succession then reverting back to the original length, it triggers the "The new video has fewer video frames [...] Switching to it will result in changes to the edit list" message (even when there have been no edits). Doing it only once (increasing length then back to original length) doesn't trigger this message. I think this message has always appeared at unpredictable times with old versions of VirtualDub as well.
Old 26th August 2018, 18:38   #576  |  Link
shekh

White stripes indicate where is discontinuity in timeline (typically created by delete operations). The problem with reloading needs very minor change to fix it. Currently when the source becomes longer, the new piece is added as independent segment with pointless split. Later when source becomes shorter this split is treated as if it is precious information to lose.
Old 27th August 2018, 10:02   #577  |  Link
MeteorRain
結城有紀

Hi shekh

I haven't been looking for a new version of VD(M) for years. Still using the 1.4.13.2 until today I realize I need some high bit depth support with Vapoursynth x64 and I happen to see this project. I sincerely appreciate all the efforts in improving the functionalities. The new update that natively supports 10 bit rendering really impressed me.

A few concerns during my usage.

A seek jump has always been 50 frames, that is Alt+Left/Right jumps 50 frames at a time. Is it possible to support different units? Eg. sometimes I want to jump 50 frames, but sometimes I want 2000 at a time.

Back in the 1.4-1.5 days, the position bar was the old fashion slider. When I click on the slider bar, the nob slides for a unit (50 frames). It was very handy to glance through a video because it slides only when I move my mouse cursor while pressing the left mouse button on the bar. In 1.6 the behavior changed and the same task that I had been doing became such a hard job. And even worse, I would lose my current position if I accidentally click on the bar. Is there any way to revert back to the old behavior? -- This is actually the primary reason I'm still staying at 1.4.13.2.

Also, any quicker way to zoom in and out? Current behavior needs 2 clicks and mouse moving. I'd hope something like Ctrl+Scroll zooming.
Neo AviSynth+ filters - F3KDB | FFT3D | DFTTest | MiniDeen | Temporal Median
MeteorRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2018, 22:18   #578  |  Link
MeteorRain
結城有紀

I also spent a few minutes reading the backlog and doing experiments. Couldn't make the context menu working (in my case, .avs and .vpy). Weird to me that even VDub 1.10.4 didn't want to be added to the list. Maybe we should try some 3rd party tool instead.
Old 27th August 2018, 22:27   #579  |  Link
shekh

Hi, thanks.

> sometimes I want to jump 50 frames, but sometimes I want 2000 at a time

This needs some new options. Maybe I can squeeze it in preferences dialog.

> When I click on the slider bar, the nob slides for a unit

I didn't use 1.4, you mean it behaved like typical scrollbar? Actually I prefer how it is now but if the option is easy to add, why not.
Note that you can preserve any interesting position using "toggle marker" command (add hotkey for it).

> Also, any quicker way to zoom in and out?

Currently there is no better way.
Old 27th August 2018, 22:51   #580  |  Link
MeteorRain
結城有紀

I think I got this working.

First I tried to Open with... more application to add both binaries into the candidate list.

Now they refuse to appear inside the context menu.

Then I moved both binaries away, and fill in the VDM binaries with the corresponding names as placeholders. (x86 or x64 does not matter, just duplicate the x86 binaries and fill them in.)

Then I tried first step again. They successfully appear in the list despite that they may show the VDM icon. A reboot or explorer restart should correct the icon but I didn't care about that.

Lastly, moved both binaries back.

Ran a few tests on my desktop. VPY file loads VDM 1.4, VD 1.10-64 and VD2-64 just fine. Please give it a shot.