Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Hardware players

Old 28th October 2020, 21:05   #1  |  Link
THX-UltraII

Zidoo z9s issues

Hi guys,

I own a Z9S player with the latest firmware installed. When watching full 1:1 Blu-Ray rips the movie pauses for 1-3 seconds during a movie quite some times. Also, some movies will completely keep hanging; this happens sometimes after 5 minutes and sometimes also only after one hour or so.
It happens with both .m2ts, .ISO and BDMV folder structure rips.
I m using a external HDD. I have tried 2 external HDD's and both have the same issue (WD MyBook 3tb formatted FAT32 and a WD Elements formatted exFAT).

Tried it with the native player, with home theater and with the ZDMC player: all the same issue.....

What could the problem be?

Thanks
THX-UltraII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2020, 23:38   #2  |  Link
Emulgator
Big Bit Savings Now !

What is the connection ? USB 2.0, USB 3.0, Firewire1394a, Firewire1394b, eSATA, Thunderbolt ?
I had thermical problems with a certain HDD enclosure type, eSATA to 4x SATA JBOD 4x 2,5"
using a SiI chipset, which had not been mounted with heatsink.
Nominally dissipating 1,35W per chip without heatsink these heated up to +80°C.
I had ordered 4 enclosures, after 2 years 50% of these were defective, after 4 years all 4 !
You may want to put your HDD or player in a fridge, cool it down to -10°C and see if it holds on for more than the ususal time.
While you do power up, beware of condensation. Do that only under low humidity, not in a jungle ;-)

Last edited by Emulgator; 1st November 2020 at 23:45.
Emulgator is offline   Reply With Quote