Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 11th February 2010, 19:00   #6861  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duppie View Post
@jdobbs

Just to confirm. I have just tested the new x264 (BD-RB 31.07) on my home PC and it works fine. My Home PC has an AMD 7750 processor. The issue I have reported this morning was on 2 HP PC's with Intel Processors and x264 worked fine in BD-RB 31.06 on these HP's. Very Strange!!!
I'm going back to the previous version... but it would sure be nice if someone else who has Intel platforms could confirm the issue...

What kind of intel processors do you have on the two that didn't work?
Old 11th February 2010, 19:53   #6862  |  Link
Validator70

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I'm going back to the previous version... but it would sure be nice if someone else who has Intel platforms could confirm the issue...

I have a Intel Q6700 and v0.31.07 works fine !
Validator70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 20:11   #6863  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Validator70 View Post
Hi.
In order to work with WinDVD 9 there has to be a "JAR" folder in the "backup" folder.
Sure, I can create it manually but I want to meantion this.
I just looked at several original discs and it appears that at least half of the commercial discs don't have a "JAR" folder in "Backup" -- do those work with WinDVD 9? In fact, it looks like the only time a backup JAR exists is if it has data in the primary JAR.

BD-RB only creates a JAR folder if it also existed in the original.

Last edited by jdobbs; 11th February 2010 at 20:16.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 20:29   #6864  |  Link
nurbs

About the x264 issue: Some people on the megui thread also have problems with r1416 (different compiles; with and without --nal-hrd). r1400 seems to work for everyone there.
nurbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 20:38   #6865  |  Link
Validator70

Since I have a BD-Combo Drive (and no Burner), I always made unprotected isos and stored them on HDD.

I made it this way: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=29107

And this way (with tsmuxer) wants the 'Jar'-folder in the Backup-folder.

Now I'm new to BDRebuilder and glad not to spend the money to a BD-Burner.
Because BDRebuilder is still Beta, I continue to do the BD-Images before use of BDRebuilder except for testing. So I have to add the folder for WinDVD 9.

Thanks for this nice program and also DVDRebuilder wich I own.
Validator70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 20:42   #6866  |  Link
jdobbs

New Release of BD Rebuilder v0.31.08 (beta)

I've just updated the first post of this thread with a new version (v0.31.08). Changes:
Code:
- Fixed an issue introduced in v0.31.07 in which some
  streams may be incorrectly included in the audio
  streams list.
- Regressed the included version of X264.EXE to a
  previous release (r1400 w/nal-hrd patch).  There
  were some reported issues on some Intel processors
  with the EXE distributed with v0.31.07.
- Other minor corrections and cosmetic fixes.
Old 11th February 2010, 21:14   #6867  |  Link
tonimacarronis

About x264 issue: my processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650

Thanks! IŽll try beta.08
tonimacarronis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 23:43   #6868  |  Link
mikeq
Hidef Junkie

Here's a wierd one..... Jewel of the Nile, US version....
Full disk backup fails on the main movie (00001.m2ts) extracting the A/V streams (-Error in attempt to extract audio/subs. Unexpected Byte).
However, if I manually use tsmuxer and demux everything (not just the audio and sub), It demuxes fine.

Even wierder - if I remux what was demuxed and put the remux (that was done by tsmuxer itself) back into the bluray image - the audio demux still fails.

Not sure what you can do about it since it's clearly a tsmuxer problem, but I thought I'd report it.
mikeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2010, 23:58   #6869  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq View Post
Full disk backup fails on the main movie (00001.m2ts) extracting the A/V streams (-Error in attempt to extract audio/subs. Unexpected Byte).
However, if I manually use tsmuxer and demux everything (not just the audio and sub), It demuxes fine.

Even wierder - if I remux what was demuxed and put the remux (that was done by tsmuxer itself) back into the bluray image - the audio demux still fails.

Not sure what you can do about it since it's clearly a tsmuxer problem, but I thought I'd report it.
If you could, please do a comparison of the meta file created by BD-RB to what your manual demux is doing and see if there are any differences. I've seen this one reported before and I assumed it was a bad rip.
Old 12th February 2010, 04:46   #6870  |  Link
Duppie

Quote:

I have just tested .08 (x264-1400) and the same problem persists on the 2 PC's. I have attached there specifications. I will revert back until the issue with x264 has been resolved.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PC.zip (8.2 KB, 25 views)
Duppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 05:56   #6871  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duppie View Post
I have just tested .08 (x264-1400) and the same problem persists on the 2 PC's. I have attached there specifications. I will revert back until the issue with x264 has been resolved.
Then your problem is definitely NOT X264... you need to look at the first post of the thread and install exactly those versions of FFDSHOW, HAALI, and AVISYNTH on the problem computers.

You said earlier it had worked simply by switching back to the previous X264 your problem was fixed -- now you're saying that doesn't work anymore. There was only one line of code that changed between 0.31.07 and 0.31.08 and it has nothing to do with the actual encoding... so whatever the issue is -- I now have to believe it is your issue alone.

Last edited by jdobbs; 12th February 2010 at 06:01.
Old 12th February 2010, 09:57   #6872  |  Link
Duppie

Quote:
Then your problem is definitely NOT X264... you need to look at the first post of the thread and install exactly those versions of FFDSHOW, HAALI, and AVISYNTH on the problem computers.

You said earlier it had worked simply by switching back to the previous X264 your problem was fixed -- now you're saying that doesn't work anymore. There was only one line of code that changed between 0.31.07 and 0.31.08 and it has nothing to do with the actual encoding... so whatever the issue is -- I now have to believe it is your issue alone.
Sorry jdobbs. I should have explained better. 0.31.08 works fine on these 2 PC's if I use version / build 1376M of x264.
The encoding fails on these 2 PC's if I use 0.31.08 with either build 1400M / 1416M of x264 on these 2 PC's. So, just by replacing / swapping between x264 builds it either works or not. I hope I have explained it now correctly. Nothing at fault with BD-RB.
Duppie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2010, 15:09   #6873  |  Link
jdobbs

Here's the confusing part. Earlier you said this:
Quote:
The issue I have reported this morning was on 2 HP PC's with Intel Processors and x264 worked fine in BD-RB 31.06 on these HP's.
BD-RB v0.31.06 used X264 r1400M. v0.31.08 also uses x264 r1400M. But now you say you have to go back to r1376 to get v0.31.08 to work...
Old 12th February 2010, 17:53   #6874  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq View Post
Did you resize to 720p? If so, keep it at 1080p, or disable the subtitles.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 01:38   #6875  |  Link
tonimacarronis

Hi, finally encoded 31.08 beta Underworld Evolution, x264 donŽt crash. I prooved on TMT3, with ps3 media server streaming to ps3 and the audio and image plays fine.
The bluray recorded, as usual with imgburn, and played with ps3 give issues with image and audio: i search the english word(not sure is correct) to pulls???
Other encoders like Twilight, Domino plays fine everywhere(PC, PS3media server, PS3 BD-RE).

IŽve formated the pc and only install the versions of haali, avysinth and ffdshow.

Thanks!!
tonimacarronis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 01:41   #6876  |  Link
mikeq
Hidef Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Did you resize to 720p? If so, keep it at 1080p, or disable the subtitles.
Yep - that's it. The resizing blew it up. So I pulled out the subtitles without resizing and ran them through BDSup2Sub, and there is apparently a problem in the subtitle - an out-of-bounds offset at subtitle 150. So jdobbs is still safe - looks like it really was a bad rip - I'll go back and rerip the sucker and see if it goes away. At any rate - doesn't seem to be a problem with the programs at this point.
Thanks.
mikeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 02:44   #6877  |  Link
Kakashi Sensei

Don't know if this is a bug or not, but I did a backup of the new release of Gangs of New York (BD25) and it comes out extremely blocky. Tried it 2 times with 31.06 and 31.07. First time with HD Audio, second time with it re-encoded as I saw JDobbs say that it was a waste of space. I have all the files installed from the main page as I had this issue on a different PC that had a different ver of FFDShow Installed. Here are my settings:
[Options]
MODE=0
QUICK_EXTRAS=1
AUDIO_TO_KEEP=eng;
SUBS_TO_KEEP=all
SD_CONVERT=0
COLOR_BOOST=0
RESIZE_1080=0
DTS_REENCODE=0
AC3_REENCODE=1
AC3_640=1
KEEP_HD_AUDIO=0
AVCHD=0
REMOVE_WORKFILES=1
AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1
SUBTITLE_TRACK_LIMIT=1
CUSTOM_TARGET_SIZE=23450
TARGET_SIZE=23450
[Paths]
WORKING_PATH=H:\

I have it set to quick encode extra's - I'm going uncheck and see if that helps. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong.

KS

Last edited by Kakashi Sensei; 13th February 2010 at 02:55.
Kakashi Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 03:02   #6878  |  Link
RocKKer

jdobbs,

I encode my movies with only one audio stream and yet in my SageTV Media Center it shows 6 audio streams are available. I can select a different audio stream, but still the default one plays. I know the other audio streams don't really exist because
MediaInfo and BDInfo show there is truely only one audio stream in the m2ts file and besides that on the original BRD the other audio streams are French and director's comments!

These seem to be ghosts of the original BRD, this particular movie had 6 originally. The other 3 BRD's I encoded with BD Rebuilder show the ghost audio streams also, with the same results if selected.

I played with it and discovered this can be fixed by muxing the m2ts file to a BRD using tsMuxeR.

The results from BD Rebuilder are otherwise excellent and this is more of an inconvenience than anything else.
RocKKer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2010, 05:55   #6879  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocKKer View Post
jdobbs,

I encode my movies with only one audio stream and yet in my SageTV Media Center it shows 6 audio streams are available. I can select a different audio stream, but still the default one plays. I know the other audio streams don't really exist because
MediaInfo and BDInfo show there is truely only one audio stream in the m2ts file and besides that on the original BRD the other audio streams are French and director's comments!

These seem to be ghosts of the original BRD, this particular movie had 6 originally. The other 3 BRD's I encoded with BD Rebuilder show the ghost audio streams also, with the same results if selected.

I played with it and discovered this can be fixed by muxing the m2ts file to a BRD using tsMuxeR.

The results from BD Rebuilder are otherwise excellent and this is more of an inconvenience than anything else.
They're not ghosts. I did it that way on purpose so it would continue to support the original programming -- it needs to stay that way. I've modified the MPLS so that all other streams reference the PID of the stream you kept. You're looking for big trouble if you remux like that, because the streams no longer match... and, sorry, but I can't support bug reports on hacked output.

Last edited by jdobbs; 13th February 2010 at 05:57.
Old 13th February 2010, 07:06   #6880  |  Link
RocKKer

That's fine if it needs to stay that way I have my workaround or as I only see the issue when I check for additional audio streams, I just won't check for them!

Please forgive my ignorance, I guess I just don't get it, what big trouble am I looking at remuxing like that and the streams not matching?

They seem to play fine for me or am I missing something?
RocKKer is offline   Reply With Quote