Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > PC Hard & Software

Old 7th May 2023, 03:23   #1  |  Link
NLPguy

Avermedia C727 and Windows 10 update?

Hi,

Please, I have been capturing VHS to MP4 using the graphic card Avermedia C727 and the Apple TV's Avermedia software (to capture in MP4) in high-quality 60 frames. And everything was going very well!

However, in February 2023, a Windows 10 Update occurred that ended up affecting the operation of my device. I tried to uninstall the updates but was unsuccessful.

Only to mention, in that same period, the only hardware modification I made was to change the processor from AMD Ryzen 7 to AMD Ryzen 9 5950X. But I probably believe that this did not cause or contribute to causing the problem.

After this update, the capture in Apple TV's Avermedia or H.264 stopped working. Remembering that my use of the system is exclusively for capturing VHS tapes in SD 720x480.

After that, to try to solve it, I tried several clean installations of Windows 10 Pro using Microsoft's June 2021 and also the following other Windows 10 updates: 22H2, 1909, 20H2, 1703, and 21H2. But to no avail.

I even installed STOPUPDATE software to stop Windows updates, but the end result did not change. I cannot go back to Windows 7, as my hardware has been upgraded and only runs on Windows 10 or 11.

Then, I bought the HDCP Splitter, which worked perfectly with the Playstation 3 in Mpeg2 and AVI in 1080I. However, when I tried to capture a VHS tape with a DVD recorder (via HDMI) using the HDCP Splitter, the SD image appeared, but the input and output LEDs did not turn on. Also, when I trigger to record in H.264 or Apple TV, the AMC simply crashes/shuts down. This occurs both with the HDCP Splitter and without it.

As a result, I have been capturing in pure AVI for two months now, generating files of about 300GB for every two hours of video. When I was capturing from VHS directly to MP4 at 60 frames the files generated had an average of 3 to 5GB. A big difference.

To sum up, I can no longer capture VHS to MP4 using this Avermedia C727 card after this Windows update of February 2023. As already mentioned, I tried uninstalling and re-installing Windows 10 with many different versions, but it didn't work.

I kept trying everything to solve it for many months but I couldn't find a solution.

Please, Does anyone have any tips, or had a similar problem and/or knows how to solve this problem?

Thank you so much in advance!

Last edited by NLPguy; 7th May 2023 at 17:32.
NLPguy is offline   Reply With Quote