Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 18th May 2014, 22:51   #20301  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotlandman View Post
@jdobbs

Sorry for the late reply I have not been on the forum since yesterday morning.
I have checked my side and it would seem that there has been a slight mistake when I converted using Anydvd hd I converted Rip dvd to harddisk instead of Rip to image. I'm wandering if somehow this has caused the discrepancy with my file format.

I would also like to say sorry for your time taken to find this out and for any inconvenience to yourself as I understand that your time is very valuable to you and you resolve numerous problems/issues for people every day. As a result of your financial costs I have made a donation of $80 via your Paypal Transaction ID:9BU13049NV1728529. This should cover the cost of the 4 disc box set and the same again towards your ongoing costs.

Please accept my sincere apologies and gratitude for your time taken and efforts to accommodate me. This was my first attempt at using the software for 3D ReEncode, And it is a learning curve all be it one which seems could have been avoided.

I will double check and check again before making any further posts in the future.

Kind Regards

Scotlandman
Your donation is very much appreciated.

As for the ripping process, I pretty much always rip to hard drive -- I just have AnyDVD running and use Explorer to copy the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders to a location on my HDD. I'm not sure what could account for the differences between your attempt to encode and mine. But I suspect there may have been some confusion involved between the 2D and the 3D discs of the four disc set.

Last edited by jdobbs; 18th May 2014 at 22:53.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2014, 23:57   #20302  |  Link
jdobbs

Just a heads-up to everyone. If you have any bug reports that need to be cleaned up in the short term, please post them in the next few days. I plan to post one more BD Rebuilder release toward the end of next week, and then I will be unavailable for a few weeks.
Old 19th May 2014, 00:35   #20303  |  Link
scotlandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Your donation is very much appreciated.

As for the ripping process, I pretty much always rip to hard drive -- I just have AnyDVD running and use Explorer to copy the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders to a location on my HDD. I'm not sure what could account for the differences between your attempt to encode and mine. But I suspect there may have been some confusion involved between the 2D and the 3D discs of the four disc set.
Hi jdobbs

Thank you very much for your kind words and your understanding.

I think you are correct and I have made the rookie error with the discs so very sorry and very embarrassing on my part.

I very much look forward to your next release and I will continue to make contributions when I can to support your hard work for which we are all very grateful.

Kind Regards

Scotlandman
scotlandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 16:53   #20304  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfiresg1 View Post
I've recently turned on the option to use internal LAVF for frame serving. I've encountered an issue with resizing to 1440 which is not present using DirectShow.
When I choose to resize to 1440x1080 both (LAVF and Directshow) generate an output with 1440x1080. If LAVF is used the display aspect ratio seems to be wrong at 4:3 - the generated disc doesn't use the full screen for playback and the picture is clearly squeezed horizontally. Mediainfo shows a "Display Aspect Ratio" of 4:3 on the resulting m2ts. Encoding the same source with DirectShow used for Frameserving produces an output that correctly display as 16:9 during playback - Mediainfo shows a "Display Aspect Ratio" of 16:9. The result is independent of specific discs and can also be reproduced with small Full-HD-Imports for Quick Testing.

Both generate the same AVS script:

The encoding command line is different (taken from LASTCMD.txt):
LAVF

Directshow

Settings used
Can you give me some more information on the source. What size is it? I'm looking at the command lines, and other than the resizing being internal and LAVF being used they are the same. I'd be interested to see if the sar=1:1 in the resize statement is correct.

It appears that the source is flagged as 4:3 in the source, since both encoding lines has that command line option set. Also, can you tell me more about how you imported the source. I also need to make sure that the error isn't in the import. 4:3 aspect shouldn't be legal on any source other than 720x480/576, and in that case it should be put into a 4:3 box (with borders) on a 1440x1080 encode.

Last edited by jdobbs; 19th May 2014 at 16:57.
Old 19th May 2014, 18:52   #20305  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
Just a heads-up to everyone. If you have any bug reports that need to be cleaned up in the short term, please post them in the next few days. I plan to post one more BD Rebuilder release toward the end of next week, and then I will be unavailable for a few weeks.
101$ is already on the way so that you can afford some of your time-robbering "wild goose chase" 3D projects in the future..
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 21:16   #20306  |  Link
krassle

Quote:
Yes it will break things. There are several other new enhancements (such as DTS-Express support) that BD-RB uses now (beyond the 3D enhancements). Unfortunately your problem is with multiAVCHD's lack of support -- not BD-RB.

I can think of no reason why you couldn't use v1.10.6 with multiAVCHD while keeping the new one (v2.6.12) for BD-RB. BD-RB uses the one in its TOOLS folder by default.
Hi jdobbs,

I failed to state my main reason for being "not quite happy" with the new version of tsMuxeR. It isn't incompatibility with multiAVCHD, as its doing a remux with its own version (v1.10.6) anyway and goes on without any problem. Here is my explanation:

My simple MOVIE-ONLY backups for AVCHD are kept in ISO form or burned to BD-5/9. From there, I want to be able to [1] quickly mount/burn the image for playing with any software/hardware blu-ray player; [2] remux with just a single cmd directly from the M2TS stream file to Matroska using mkvmerge.
[1] is perfectly functioning with the new version of tsMuxeR, but [2] isn't. The resulting MKV file is played fine, but seeking through it is not possible! Tried all versions of MKVToolNix from 6.1.0 to 6.9.1. No change. So, there must be something tsMuxeR(v2.6.12) removes or adds from/to the stream, that leads to the seeking failure. Muxing with the old version(using same MUX_MOVIE_ONLY.meta from WORKFILES DIR without --label & --start-time) and then converting to MKV works just as expected.

So, this is why I have to remux after every finished job, simply to ensure muxed MKV is working as well.
I think MKVMERGE is not to blame here and BD-RB definitely not, but the new tsMuxeR. I did over 300 BD to AVCHD backups so far, and every single one extracted from m2ts and converted to mkv plays also nicely.
What might be the fault here? Me, or just my limited understanding of the matter maybe...

I'm sorry, I did not make myself clear from the beginning.

Thank you very much for the help.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7 mit Tapatalk

Last edited by krassle; 20th May 2014 at 08:58.
krassle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2014, 23:39   #20307  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
101$ is already on the way so that you can afford some of your time-robbering "wild goose chase" 3D projects in the future..
Wow. It is very much appreciated. You are a gentleman and a scholar -- and have given much more than your fair share over time.

Thanks.
Old 20th May 2014, 02:01   #20308  |  Link
AmigaFuture

"Live Free Or Die Hard", since you asked about bugs, the only one I've encountered in a while is M2TS(?) not keeping it's "Bookmarks" or "Chapters"?? I don't get well enough of the details for how those function. So, after using Movie & Menus...the "don't advance" isn't retained. Or whatever is used to allow a Standalone player to interact with it. Could you look into that?

When processing with Full Backup the files aren't "processed" with BD-RB other than copying/moving to the Output BD structure, but some of the unwanted items aren't showing to be blanked. I've used MIN_M2TS_SIZE, but still cannot get them to show...to check if BD-RB would do the same thing as Movie & Menus does.

Thanks.
Old 20th May 2014, 07:06   #20309  |  Link
Lathe

Hello!

I processed one movie using BDRB to MKV (alternate output) and it came out just fine. Wanting to experiment a little bit, I tried dropping in one line of Avisynth coding (LimitedSharpen) With the exact same input files, settings, and output choice; absolutely no difference, but, this time trying to run it, I now got the 2 warnings concerning AnyDVD settings which are incompatible (you know the 2: 'Remove annoying adverts' & 'Remove short titles') which I previously used when using AnyDVD. BUT... the first encode, which worked perfectly, was with the EXACT same source and with all the exact same settings, but everything was fine and I did not get any warnings and it did not fail.

Now, I will make sure not to use these AnyDVD settings in the future. But, out of curiosity about how BDRB works, with all other things being exactly equal, would just dropping in one line of Avisynth code prompt a failure and specifically those 2 AnyDVD incompatibility warnings when BDRB ran the encode just fine before with the exact same source file?

Thank you for the clarification!

Last edited by Lathe; 20th May 2014 at 07:11.
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 13:37   #20310  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
Hello!

I processed one movie using BDRB to MKV (alternate output) and it came out just fine. Wanting to experiment a little bit, I tried dropping in one line of Avisynth coding (LimitedSharpen) With the exact same input files, settings, and output choice; absolutely no difference, but, this time trying to run it, I now got the 2 warnings concerning AnyDVD settings which are incompatible (you know the 2: 'Remove annoying adverts' & 'Remove short titles') which I previously used when using AnyDVD. BUT... the first encode, which worked perfectly, was with the EXACT same source and with all the exact same settings, but everything was fine and I did not get any warnings and it did not fail.

Now, I will make sure not to use these AnyDVD settings in the future. But, out of curiosity about how BDRB works, with all other things being exactly equal, would just dropping in one line of Avisynth code prompt a failure and specifically those 2 AnyDVD incompatibility warnings when BDRB ran the encode just fine before with the exact same source file?

Thank you for the clarification!
If you've added an AVISYNTH filter then it isn't "the exact same source file". The filter assuredly caused an error. You have to be extremely careful with filters, as they require an good understanding of AVISYNTH, the filter, and how they interact.

The BD-RB checks that report incorrect AnyDVD settings only happen when you get an error (because that's the only time you need to see them). So when it is trying to give you possible reasons for the error -- it let's you know that a possible cause might be the AnyDVD settings. It doesn't imply they absolutely are the cause. In your case the usage of the filter (usually syntax) was the issue.

Last edited by jdobbs; 20th May 2014 at 13:40.
Old 20th May 2014, 19:08   #20311  |  Link
Starfiresg1

Quote:
Can you give me some more information on the source. What size is it? I'm looking at the command lines, and other than the resizing being internal and LAVF being used they are the same. I'd be interested to see if the sar=1:1 in the resize statement is correct.

It appears that the source is flagged as 4:3 in the source, since both encoding lines has that command line option set. Also, can you tell me more about how you imported the source. I also need to make sure that the error isn't in the import. 4:3 aspect shouldn't be legal on any source other than 720x480/576, and in that case it should be put into a 4:3 box (with borders) on a 1440x1080 encode.
I noticed it first with a standard Blu-Ray-Disc doing a movie-only-encode to BD-5. Since the movie was close to 2 hours I choose to downsize to 1440x1080, which I don't do normally. Since the result puzzled me I tried to find the source by using the import function on a small M2TS with 1920x1080 resolution to avoid having to encode full discs while changing encoding settings.

I just started another job on "Filfth" (Region B) using the same settings (LAVF and resize to 1440x1080) and will report the outcome.

This is the media info on the M2TS in the import structure
Code:
General
ID                             : 1 (0x1)
Complete name                  : K:\BR-TEMP\IMPORTS\00110\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts
Format                         : BDAV
Format/Info                    : Blu-ray Video
File size                      : 535 MiB
Duration                       : 3mn 52s
Overall bit rate mode          : Variable
Overall bit rate               : 19.3 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate       : 35.5 Mbps

Video
ID                             : 4113 (0x1011)
Menu ID                        : 1 (0x1)
Format                         : AVC
Format/Info                    : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                 : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC         : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames      : 4 frames
Codec ID                       : 27
Bit rate mode                  : Variable
Bit rate                       : 18.2 Mbps
Maximum bit rate               : 32.0 Mbps
Width                          : 1 920 pixels
Height                         : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio           : 16:9
Frame rate                     : 24.000 fps
Color space                    : YUV
Chroma subsampling             : 4:2:0
Bit depth                      : 8 bits
Scan type                      : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)             : 0.366
Stream size                    : 504 MiB (94%)
Color primaries                : BT.709
Transfer characteristics       : BT.709
Matrix coefficients            : BT.709

Audio
ID                             : 4352 (0x1100)
Format                         : DTS
Format/Info                    : Digital Theater Systems
Mode                           : 16
Format settings, Endianness    : Big
Codec ID                       : 130
Bit rate mode                  : Constant
Bit rate                       : 318 Kbps
Channel(s)                     : 2 channels
Channel positions              : Front: L R
Sampling rate                  : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                      : 24 bits
Compression mode               : Lossy
Stream size                    : 8.80 MiB (2%)

Text
ID                             : 4608 (0x1200)
Format                         : PGS
Codec ID                       : 144
Duration                       : 3mn 49s
Delay relative to video        : 958ms
Starfiresg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 19:32   #20312  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
I noticed it first with a standard Blu-Ray-Disc doing a movie-only-encode to BD-5. Since the movie was close to 2 hours I choose to downsize to 1440x1080, which I don't do normally. Since the result puzzled me I tried to find the source by using the import function on a small M2TS with 1920x1080 resolution to avoid having to encode full discs while changing encoding settings.

I just started another job on "Filfth" (Region B) using the same settings (LAVF and resize to 1440x1080) and will report the outcome.

Code:
General
ID                             : 1 (0x1)
Complete name                  : K:\BR-TEMP\IMPORTS\00110\BDMV\STREAM\00000.m2ts
Format                         : BDAV
Format/Info                    : Blu-ray Video
File size                      : 535 MiB
Overall bit rate               : 19.3 Mbps
Maximum Overall bit rate       : 35.5 Mbps

Video
Format profile                 : High@L4.1
Format settings, ReFrames      : 4 frames
Bit rate                       : 18.2 Mbps
Maximum bit rate               : 32.0 Mbps
Width                          : 1 920 pixels
Display aspect ratio           : 16:9
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)             : 0.366
Stream size                    : 504 MiB (94%)
Color primaries                : BT.709
Transfer characteristics       : BT.709
Matrix coefficients            : BT.709

Audio
Format                         : DTS
Format/Info                    : Digital Theater Systems
Mode                           : 16
Codec ID                       : 130
Bit rate                       : 318 Kbps
Channel(s)                     : 2 channels
Channel positions              : Front: L R
Bit depth                      : 24 bits
Stream size                    : 8.80 MiB (2%)

Text
Duration                       : 3mn 49s
Delay relative to video        : 958ms
Actually I may have misinterpreted what I saw. Since 1440x1080 has to be displayed at 16:9 -- that would mean (if I'm thinking correctly) it has a display aspect ration of 4:3 ((4/3) * 1440 = 1920).
Old 20th May 2014, 19:32   #20313  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:

Actually I may have misinterpreted what I saw in the command lines. Since 1440x1080 has to be displayed at 16:9 -- that would mean (if I'm thinking correctly) it has a display aspect ratio of 4:3 ((4/3) * 1440 = 1920).

Let me know how this one turns out.

[Edit] I'm able to repeat the issue -- and I'm scratching my head as to why it happens. I'll let you know what I find.

Last edited by jdobbs; 20th May 2014 at 19:57.
Old 20th May 2014, 19:37   #20314  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
If you've added an AVISYNTH filter then it isn't "the exact same source file". The filter assuredly caused an error. You have to be extremely careful with filters, as they require an good understanding of AVISYNTH, the filter, and how they interact.

The BD-RB checks that report incorrect AnyDVD settings only happen when you get an error (because that's the only time you need to see them). So when it is trying to give you possible reasons for the error -- it let's you know that a possible cause might be the AnyDVD settings. It doesn't imply they absolutely are the cause. In your case the usage of the filter (usually syntax) was the issue.
Ah, I see; thank you very much Mr. Dobbs! Actually, I am brand new to using Avisynth script, so....

Cheers!
Old 20th May 2014, 19:50   #20315  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Actually I may have misinterpreted what I saw in the command lines. Since 1440x1080 has to be displayed at 16:9 -- that would mean (if I'm thinking correctly) it has a display aspect ratio of 4:3 ((4/3) * 1440 = 1920).

I don't know if this is relevant, but perhaps does the square pixel/rectangular pixel thing enter into this...? I remember recently asking about the 'forced' 16x9 display of the supposedly 4x3 1440x1080 format, and I THINK I was told that the pixels in that case are rectangular instead of square.
Old 20th May 2014, 19:58   #20316  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
I don't know if this is relevant, but perhaps does the square pixel/rectangular pixel thing enter into this...? I remember recently asking about the 'forced' 16x9 display of the supposedly 4x3 1440x1080 format, and I THINK I was told that the pixels in that case are rectangular instead of square.
Yes they are. They are 4:3 pixels... so a 1440x1080 picture would be displayed as 16:9. 1440x1080 is only legal in BD as a 16:9 display.

I know it's confusing... but 4 divided by 3 is 1.3333. So if a 1440 width is multiplied by 1.3333 you end up with 1920x1080 (which is a 16:9 display at 1:1 aspect ratio).

Last edited by jdobbs; 20th May 2014 at 20:01.
Old 20th May 2014, 20:19   #20317  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Yes they are. They are 4:3 pixels... so a 1440x1080 picture would be displayed as 16:9. 1440x1080 is only legal in BD as a 16:9 display.

I know it's confusing... but 4 divided by 3 is 1.3333. So if a 1440 width is multiplied by 1.3333 you end up with 1920x1080 (which is a 16:9 display at 1:1 aspect ratio).
Excellent, thanks!
Old 20th May 2014, 21:03   #20318  |  Link
Starfiresg1

Quote:

The job finished and is displayed with 4:3 ratio during playback.

Media info of the resulting m2ts
Code:
General
Complete name                  : K:\BR-TEMP\DRECKSAU\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00000.mpls
Format                         : Blu-ray Playlist
File size                      : 790 Bytes
Duration                       : 1h 37mn
Overall bit rate               : 1 bps

Video
Format profile                 : High@L4.0
Format settings, ReFrames      : 3 frames
Duration                       : 2h 37mn
Bit rate                       : 2 408 Kbps
Maximum bit rate               : 15.0 Mbps
Width                          : 1 440 pixels
Display aspect ratio           : 4:3
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)             : 0.065
Stream size                    : 2.66 GiB (62%)
format_identifier              : HDMV
Source                         : 00000.m2ts

Audio #1
Format                         : AC-3
Format/Info                    : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension                 : CM (complete main)
Codec ID                       : 129
Bit rate                       : 640 Kbps
Channel(s)                     : 6 channels
Channel positions              : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Bit depth                      : 16 bits
Stream size                    : 723 MiB (17%)
Language                       : German
bsid                           : 8
dialnorm                       : -31
dialnorm/String                : -31 dB
acmod                          : 7
lfeon                          : 1
dialnorm_Average               : -31
dialnorm_Average/String        : -31 dB
dialnorm_Minimum               : -31
dialnorm_Minimum/String        : -31 dB
dialnorm_Maximum               : -31
dialnorm_Maximum/String        : -31 dB
dialnorm_Count                 : 30
format_identifier              : AC-3

Audio #2
ID                             : 4353 (0x1101)
Format                         : AC-3
Format/Info                    : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension                 : CM (complete main)
Codec ID                       : 129
Bit rate                       : 640 Kbps
Channel(s)                     : 6 channels
Channel positions              : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Bit depth                      : 16 bits
Stream size                    : 723 MiB (17%)
Language                       : English
bsid                           : 8
dialnorm                       : -31
dialnorm/String                : -31 dB
acmod                          : 7
lfeon                          : 1
dialnorm_Average               : -31
dialnorm_Average/String        : -31 dB
dialnorm_Minimum               : -31
dialnorm_Minimum/String        : -31 dB
dialnorm_Maximum               : -31
dialnorm_Maximum/String        : -31 dB
dialnorm_Count                 : 30
format_identifier              : AC-3

Text
Delay relative to video        : 1s 0ms
Language                       : German

Menu
00:00:00.000                   : Chapter 1
00:11:25.666                   : Chapter 2
00:19:34.541                   : Chapter 3
00:26:24.833                   : Chapter 4
00:36:23.166                   : Chapter 5
00:42:44.916                   : Chapter 6
00:50:24.291                   : Chapter 7
00:59:13.666                   : Chapter 8
01:07:08.125                   : Chapter 9
01:14:44.000                   : Chapter 10
01:23:40.207                   : Chapter 11
01:32:28.125                   : Chapter 12
01:37:57.250                   : Chapter 13

Edit: I just saw that you were able to reproduce the issue

Edit2:
Since the width is changed from 1920 to 1440 should the sar maybe change from 1:1 (1920x1080) : (1920x1080) to (1920x1080) : (1440x1080), which would meen 2073600:1555200 or 4:3 ? (If the formula for cropped encodes applies here, e.g. encode to 720p after removing the horizontal black bars)

Last edited by Starfiresg1; 20th May 2014 at 21:37.
Starfiresg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 21:27   #20319  |  Link
gonwk

Hi jdobbs,

I just decided to give BD Rebuilder (BD-RBV04706.zip) a try, but as usual I run any software that I get thru VirusTotal ... and VT tagged your latest version with 3 TROJANS

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2...5a45/analysis/

But since I totally TRUST doom9 and the team here, I am totally baffled.

So, what is the Story ... are these False Positive?

Thanks,

G!
gonwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2014, 21:40   #20320  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonwk View Post
Hi jdobbs,

I just decided to give BD Rebuilder (BD-RBV04706.zip) a try, but as usual I run any software that I get thru VirusTotal ... and VT tagged your latest version with 3 TROJANS

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/2...5a45/analysis/

But since I totally TRUST doom9 and the team here, I am totally baffled.

So, what is the Story ... are these False Positive?

Thanks,

G!
Most certainly a false positive. I seriously doubt that your download is being intercepted.
Anyhow, malwarebytes does not detect anything. And I trust Malwarebytes.