Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 28th July 2008, 10:01   #2061  |  Link
Sarreq Teryx

Location: Between a clown and a mime, holding an uzi to each head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Quote:
It would be nice if RipBot could display a progress bar while it's waiting there.
Not possible!
o0 any special reason why not? the audio normalizer and encoder gives percentages. you have the total # of frames and what frame x264 is working on, and a percentage for that. I know mkvmerge gives some sort of output because its own GUI has a progress bar. am I missing anything? Im not seeing any reason not to create a progress bar, or even a double progress bar (current process / total progress). I know its not a limitation of Delphi. Ive seen many Delphi programs with progress bars, ones which use CLI backends as well (Razorlame for one).
And as I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, Lord, thy balls and shaft, they comfort me, you annoint my head with oil, some salt, a dash of pepper, a sprigg of parsley......Lord?............Lord??? What dost thou intend to do with that fork???
Sarreq Teryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 10:41   #2062  |  Link
pitch.fr
Didée 4 President

Hello, Atak
here a sample of the file which I cannot put in mkv.(problem: "is not a valid floating point value)
http://demo21.ovh.com/d7cca9cd9a5c8d...608197b71acaP/
pitch.fr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2008, 23:20   #2063  |  Link
dm1105
Deus Ex Machina

My friends, I'm sorry to interject, but I need some clarity. I wish to convert an MKV movie into a standard Bluray format, not MP4, mt2s, etc. Now, the resolution of said MKV is 1920 x 800, certainly not one Bluray players like very much.

I tried Ripbot264 on the MKV and I believe I configured all the settings as they should be. I wanted the final resolution to be Full HD, which in this case I chose the highest setting.

12 hours later, I got the final product. I burned the files properly using the correct settings utilizing ImgBurn. But alas, when I played the movie on PowerDVD I had audio but a black picture. 12 hours of encoding down the drain. I blame myself.

Now, I'm well aware that a very similar situation arose before in this forum, but perhaps someone can enlighten me...Perhaps someone with a higher understanding can point me in the right direction.

*sigh* after you learn everything there is to know about DVD encoding, along comes a new format and one has to begin from scratch...
Old 28th July 2008, 23:23   #2064  |  Link
~bT~
н∂-ƒαиαтι¢

^ does the m2ts file play OK? or is it also just a black screen?

ps. did u resize to full HD?
~bT~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2008, 09:26   #2065  |  Link
pxr5

^^ Yeah you need to add blackborders in the Avisynth script.

E.g. If it's 1920x800, it needs to be 1920x1080. So 1080-800/2=140.

So put addborders(0,140,0,140) at the very bottom of the script.
pxr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2008, 10:34   #2066  |  Link
tteich

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxr5 View Post

... and make a test-encode of a 10min-segment first, before you waste another day
tteich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2008, 10:43   #2067  |  Link
tteich

Btw. I found a solution for my HDDVD authoring problem. Unfortunately cannot use RipBot264 due to the missing x264 target for HDDVD. But my current workflow is as follows:

1. .m2ts from ripped BD -> eac3to.exe
(creates a .264 elementary file, and the sound track as either .ac3 or .dts)
2. Re-Encode .264 with MeGUI and the Standalone_HD-DVD configuration
(creates a bitrate/GOP HDDVD compatible .264 file)
3. the resulting file needs the pulldown-flag to be set -> h264info.exe ("set 2:3 pulldown")
(creates a compliant .264 file)
4. author a standard content HDDVD using the .264 file from step 4 and the audio file from step 1

It would have been nice to have this automated with RipBot264, but the HDDVD muxer is still missing, therefor the workflow cannot be implemented completely with freeware tools.
tteich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2008, 15:15   #2068  |  Link
dm1105
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~bT~ View Post
^ does the m2ts file play OK? or is it also just a black screen?

ps. did u resize to full HD?
Thank you for the expeditious response. Yes, the .mt2s file plays as it should in PowerDVD. Furthermore, to answer your post script, I did choose resize to full HD in the appropriate settings in the Picture Properties submenu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxr5 View Post

I noticed that the Avisynth script on the right hand side automatically added the borders for me i.e. addborders(0,140,0,140). However, this was not located at the very bottom of the script, but somewhere in the middle. It was located under: #Resize
video=Spline36Resize(video,1920,800).Sharpen(0.2).AddBorders(0,140,0,140)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tteich View Post
... and make a test-encode of a 10min-segment first, before you waste another day
I followed your advice and I am currently encoding a 10 minute segment of the MKV as suggested.

Thank you again, all of you.

Last edited by dm1105; 29th July 2008 at 21:47.
dm1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 13:33   #2069  |  Link
pitch.fr
Didée 4 President

Hello! I have a problem with a file m2ts:
http://demo21.ovh.com/d7cca9cd9a5c8d...608197b71acaP/

Ripboat announces a problem: "is not a valid floating point value
there were 14 files m2ts
I joined the files m2ts with TSmuxer

With others videos, Ripboat functions correctly, but if I use Tsmuxer, Ripboat refuses to convert
What is the solution???
Old 30th July 2008, 13:48   #2070  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Do not use TSMuxer Import file directly from Blu-ray structure. Only in this case files will be joined together.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 15:18   #2071  |  Link
pitch.fr
Didée 4 President

is what I must work starting from the disc bluray or of the file copied from the hard drive?

Which file I must open in Ripboat: Stream,mpls or m2ts?

How does Ripboat manage to find the order of the sequences of a disc bluray?

Last edited by pitch.fr; 30th July 2008 at 15:21.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:25   #2072  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

The simplest way to rip movies is:
1) install AnyDVD HD
2) select any .m2ts file from Blu-Ray disc

Quote:
How does Ripboat manage to find the order of the sequences of a disc bluray?
eac3to does whole black work
Old 30th July 2008, 16:44   #2073  |  Link
pitch.fr
Didée 4 President

Thank you for your assistance.
I tests this evening
Old 30th July 2008, 18:26   #2074  |  Link
poisondeathray

@dm1105 - did you remember to burn with udf revision 2.5?
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2008, 20:48   #2075  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Hey Atak so you could avoid the issue of incorrect burning. If you could had either an ISO creation for re encoded BD structure or a burning engine to just burn the compilation to a disk rather then just structure out... Or even all three as options.
Old 31st July 2008, 06:33   #2076  |  Link
Blu-boy

I would first off like to thank Atak_Snajpera for a superior job making the Ripbot tool. I can't tell you how many tools I have tried and tossed. All of them ruined the quality of the movie, even at their highest quality settings. This includes testing MainConcepts/Elecard solutions which seemed to attenuate some of the mid-tones and highlights in the movie.

Apart from being convenient, he has also worked out all the best settings and conveniently brought together the best of the best tools in the shell to create what I consider the only tool that can transcode a blu-ray from a staggering 30Gigs to a mere 5-7 gigs with nearly no perceptible loss in quality video. I leave the audio stream alone, so there is zero loss in audio.

My goal is not playing blu-ray on ps3 but simply reducing the data storage requirements and playing on MC or similar DirectShow only playback app. Also by reducing the file down to a fraction of it's original size. You don't need a powerhouse computer anymore for playback.

Very happy with this tool for this role. Except that some movies are out of sync with the audio. And it is not linear, so that a simple audio shift wont fix it. I have tried to find an answer by scouring these forums. But nothing with h264/ac3 streams. Some have said this is due to the 24.976 verses 24 fps. Do I need to re-encode with 24 fps? RibBot is indicating "copy stream" so I assume this means it hasn't altered the timing of audio.

Or do I need to run a tool outside of RipBot to re-sync? and if so, Is there a tool that can read a m2ts file and allow me to stretch audio?
Seems the audio is late by a half second during the start of the movie. And is correct at the end of the movie. Or am I doomed to demux and run it though some ac3 audio editor and remux. If so which one can do a stretch rather than a time shift?
Blu-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2008, 17:58   #2077  |  Link
Mordred

This is a great program Atak. I'm finally able to encode stuff that for some reason didn't work properly using MeGUI, and this is much easier to use. I'm using it to convert mkvs, to 1280x720 blu-ray format and putting them on DVD-Rs to play on my PS3.

I did have two questions that I searched for but couldn't find any good information.

1) I'm encoding 23.976 (or whatever it is) film sources, and I'd like the output to stay 24fps. I have my PS3 setup to output 24fps and my LCD TV accepts 24fps so when watching a real blu-ray I see a display 1080p24. However the blu-rays I create don't appear to be sending 24fps from the PS3 as my TV shows it's receiving just regular 720p. Does the PS3 have some kind of limitation of when it can send 24fps content, or is the conversion converting to 30fps, or am I doing something else wrong which is preventing this from showing up properly?

2) I've got subtitles in these MKVs that were .ass format. RipBot correctly demuxes them and I can add them. However when the movie is played back, whenever the subs should be in Italics it looks like this: {\I1}this should be italicized{\I0} and whenever there should be a line break it just shows as "\N" and everything stays on one line. I checked the .ass format and that's how the subs are actually formatted. I converted those .ass to .srt which replaced the {\I1} crap with standard <I></I> symbols, but they still show up in the actual subtitles and nothing is italicized. Is there a way to get the formatting to show up, or is that just a limitation of this method so far?
Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2008, 21:55   #2078  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
1) I'm encoding 23.976 (or whatever it is) film sources, and I'd like the output to stay 24fps. I have my PS3 setup to output 24fps and my LCD TV accepts 24fps so when watching a real blu-ray I see a display 1080p24. However the blu-rays I create don't appear to be sending 24fps from the PS3 as my TV shows it's receiving just regular 720p. Does the PS3 have some kind of limitation of when it can send 24fps content, or is the conversion converting to 30fps, or am I doing something else wrong which is preventing this from showing up properly?
24fps means also 23.976 fps . Try again but this time encode at 1080p instead of 720p

Quote:
2) I've got subtitles in these MKVs that were .ass format. RipBot correctly demuxes them and I can add them. However when the movie is played back, whenever the subs should be in Italics it looks like this: {\I1}this should be italicized{\I0} and whenever there should be a line break it just shows as "\N" and everything stays on one line. I checked the .ass format and that's how the subs are actually formatted. I converted those .ass to .srt which replaced the {\I1} crap with standard <I></I> symbols, but they still show up in the actual subtitles and nothing is italicized. Is there a way to get the formatting to show up, or is that just a limitation of this method so far?
{\I1} codes will be automatically removed in next version (Tsmuxer supports only plain text) . I'm planing to remove \N code as well but I would need you to send me few examples (.ass files)
Old 1st August 2008, 02:22   #2079  |  Link
Mordred

Yeah, I'll try encoding at 1080 and see if the 1080p24 shows up on my TV. I guess it's possible there's no 720p24 output format, although that seems odd to me.

I'm attaching the .ass file that was showing up improperly. Stripping the {\I1}s and replacing the \N's with linebreaks would be awesome. These subs also use #s around song lyrics (which I think is kind of odd) but you'd need some kind of rule to strip the #s from the beginning and end of lines, but make sure that a # used in the middle of the line wasn't stripped I guess... although I doubt you'd see # in a subtitle normally anyway.
Attached Files
File Type: zip badsubs.zip (24.2 KB, 45 views)
Mordred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2008, 19:33   #2080  |  Link
dm1105
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
@dm1105 - did you remember to burn with udf revision 2.5?
Apologies for the delayed response ( Only a moment ago, I returned home from a small trip during the week).

Yes, I did burn with UDF revision 2.5. Incidentally, I succesfully created a Blu-Ray ISO of the MKV, but now I have A/V sync issue with the Blu-Ray movie. The video is slowly drifting away from the audio. Towards the end of the film, the audio is approximately lagging behind one second. I am currently browsing the forum for an appropriate corrective measure.

Last edited by dm1105; 1st August 2008 at 21:40.
dm1105 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360