Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 17th February 2018, 18:35   #22581  |  Link
sneaker_ger

2) Not with native.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
There are still a few limitations on using D3D11-Native with madVR, most notably deinterlacing is not supported yet. This is a feature madVR will have to implement in the future.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2018, 18:45   #22582  |  Link
amayra
Quality Checker

D3S11 give me incorrect colors in native mode only in my IGPU but copypack mod work fine
Old 18th February 2018, 12:47   #22583  |  Link
el Filou

Does that happen with DXVA2 Native too? If yes then it could be some video image 'enhancements' of the graphics driver haven't been turned off.
Old 18th February 2018, 20:51   #22584  |  Link
amayra
Quality Checker

only in D3D11 i try to reset graphics driver with "Display Driver Uninstaller " but didnt help
Old 19th February 2018, 03:18   #22585  |  Link
Ironclad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDFan View Post
Hi nevcairiel!

1. D3D11 doesn't work with the nVidia Optimus on Intel GPU if in the control panel nVidia selected GPU nVidia.
http://i99.fastpic.ru/big/2018/0117/...fb41dc2bf4.jpg
DXVA Checker shows that d3d11 enable on Intel GPU if in the control panel nvidia selected GPU nVidia.
http://i99.fastpic.ru/big/2018/0117/...8582c9261e.jpg

2. nVidia CUVID doesn't work with the nVidia Optimus if in the control panel nvidia selected any GPU.

3. After install LAV 0.70.2.88 mvc (software mode) doesn't work with the nVidia Optimus if in the control panel nvidia selected any GPU.

Windows 10 1709, Intel i5-4200M, Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 (20.19.15.4835), NVIDIA GeForce 840M (23.21.13.9065)
I know a couple workarounds for Optimus to get some programs running on your preferred GPU, but Optimus is a nightmare so I can't guarantee it working well. You can use Inspector to force render device for applications but that's glitchy and resets whenever drivers update. Easier solution is to create a copy of your video player .exe and assign your preferred render device in your graphics control panel. That's the Nvidia Control Panel under Manage 3D Settings and Program settings. On my own Optimus laptop I can assign my video player to use my preferred GPU (GTX 860m) this way and when I select HW acceleration the iGPU is not listed and QuickSync is unavailable, the 860m is listed as connected for DXVA2 (copy-back) and CUVID is supported even though this laptop connects the display directly through the iGPU.

http://codecs.forumotion.net/t1692-h...y-using-nvidia
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...-download.html

Also, D3D11 is currently supported on Windows 8 or newer. Are there any big limitations preventing Windows 7 from being supported? Madvr supports Windows 7 for D3D11.

Last edited by Ironclad; 19th February 2018 at 05:25.
Ironclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2018, 06:22   #22586  |  Link
huhn

the d3d11 version of windows 7 doesn't support the needed surface to make this work.
directx 11 is at version 11.3 and most new feature are not backported to windows 7 or even 8.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2018, 15:11   #22587  |  Link
ajp_anton

About LAV Splitter's subtitle selection... Is it possible to remove unnecessary subtitle languages, and to re-order the ones left? Or to just remove everything except the chosen language? Just asking because Jriver doesn't care what subtitle LAV chooses, and their support won't answer my question, so I'm looking for a workaround.
ajp_anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2018, 17:50   #22588  |  Link
steakhutzeee

I use lav audio video and splitter. Is possible to use lav splitter reproducing a DVD disc?

Why instead is running DVD Navigator?

And, also, why that Audio Switcher is loaded? I should use lav audio or splitter instead.

All my internal filters are disabled.
Old 19th February 2018, 18:00   #22589  |  Link
clsid

DVD Navigator is required for parsing the DVD content and handling menus. It is not possible to change that.

Audio Switcher can be disabled in MPC-HC settings. It is not a decoding filter and does not interfere with LAV Audio. It is a processing filter that offers some optional extra functionality, such as volume normalization.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2018, 18:27   #22590  |  Link
steakhutzeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
DVD Navigator is required for parsing the DVD content and handling menus. It is not possible to change that.

Audio Switcher can be disabled in MPC-HC settings. It is not a decoding filter and does not interfere with LAV Audio. It is a processing filter that offers some optional extra functionality, such as volume normalization.
Thanks

So lav splitter is not loaded because dvd use dvd navigator?

I use mpc be, where I can disable audio switcher? All my internal filters are disabled
Old 19th February 2018, 19:12   #22591  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

If you talk about a "DVD Video media", you always have to know the whole structure of the \VIDEO_TS directory content, most of all, the logical structure defined by the content of all IFO files. This goes beyond the purpose of LAV Splitter. Be glad the MS DVD Navigator does it.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2018, 00:59   #22592  |  Link
el Filou

@nevcairiel Could you tell me what you think about this behaviour with DVD: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...70#post1834170 ?
To summarize: LAV Video apparently does not change the interlace output flag to progressive when it changes during playback.
If I start playing a (PAL) DVD that has interlaced flag at the beginning of the feature (e.g. a studio logo clip) it doesn't switch to progressive afterwards, but if I stop playback and use the resume function of MediaPortal to play from where I left, LAV then correctly flags the output as progressive.
I split the start of the 1st VOB of Zodiac in two files of 20 MB to illustrate: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dJ...oybMefNuisQ0NU

001_(interlaced-then-progressive).VOB : MediaInfo says interlaced, playback starts as interlaced but it should switch to progressive after the Warner Home Video clip but it doesn't
002_(progressive).VOB : this is the next segment, MediaInfo says progressive and LAV correctly plays as progressive because the stream is progressive from the start

huhn says LAV is using Microsoft's decoder for DVD, does that have an impact here? Is it LAV that detects the frame flags, or the MS decoder?

I know DVD is old and it's a niche issue, but thanks anyway if you can have a quick look some time.
Old 20th February 2018, 01:10   #22593  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by el Filou View Post
huhn says LAV is using Microsoft's decoder for DVD, does that have an impact here? Is it LAV that detects the frame flags, or the MS decoder?
Not decoder, but source filter. The MS DVD Navigator is responsible for understanding the logical DVD structure by reading the set of IFO files in a DVD Video media structure. It is responsible for following the logical "red thread" through the DVD navigation, from the Video Manager domain through the VTS Menus and Video Titlesets.

Decoding MPEG-2 video and AC3 or MPEG-2 or LPCM audio can be forwarded to LAV Filters' video and audio decoders. But signalling the decoder that the attributes of the video may change when switching between domains or title sets is indeed an interesting part of playing DVD Video content properly...

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2018, 01:25   #22594  |  Link
el Filou

But interlace/progressive flags are in the MPEG2 video stream itself, not in the title set files, right?
Because if I play VOB files directly, LAV switches the interlaced/progressive output type depending on the type of frame detected at the start, as reported by MediaInfo too. It only fails to do that when the frame flags change during playback.
Old 20th February 2018, 13:39   #22595  |  Link
nevcairiel
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by el Filou View Post
To summarize: LAV Video apparently does not change the interlace output flag to progressive when it changes during playback.
The important thing to know is that the global setting in the type is only of secondary importance, every single frame is accurately marked as interlaced or progressive when it leaves LAV.

Now, most streams do not contain a flag if they are all progressive or all interlaced. MPEG-2 actually has a flag called "progressive_sequence" which would indicate an all-progressive stream, but its rarely set on DVDs because it can often switch between interlaced and progressive. Without such flags, its impossible to know if a stream would keep switching between progressive or interlaced all the time, and changing the output type can disrupt fluid play. So as a consequence, LAV will only switch to a full progressive type when "progressive_sequence" is set, not everytime a single progressive frame is observed.

If we look at DirectShow, the flags for interlaced that LAV uses actually don't necessarily mean "the stream is always interlaced":
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx (See Remarks at the bottom)

There is a specific combination of flags thats officially documented as follows:
"The video stream varies between progressive and interlaced content. Each media sample contains either a progressive frame or two video fields. Flags on the media sample indicate the correct way to display the contents."

And thats what LAV does if it cannot be sure a stream is full progressive, which it just cannot be sure of on a DVD.
Old 20th February 2018, 19:15   #22596  |  Link
mkver

I have some DVDs that are actually progressive, but use interlaced encoding. With default settings they would be deinterlaced by the renderer so I tried to remux them to Matroska and set them to progressive via Matroska's header elements in order to override the information at the stream level. ffmpeg shows that it is progressive in its list of streams, but LAVFilters still flags the samples as interlaced. The description "Auto: Frame flags are used to determine content type" says that this is intentional. Is it? Is there really no way to let LAV flag such content as progressive other than flagging everything as progressive?
mkver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2018, 22:35   #22597  |  Link
el Filou

Thanks for the answer and detailed explanation nevcairiel, appreciate it!
Old 21st February 2018, 04:08   #22598  |  Link
Wackyphill

When using LAV to decode H265 video and have NVIDIA CUVID set as the hardware decoder it use the nVidia PureVideo H265 decoding capabilities of a GTX1080Ti to do decoding or just use generic hardware acceleration on the video card?
Wackyphill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2018, 04:14   #22599  |  Link
huhn

CUVID is just another way to access the hardware decoders so yes they should be all the same and avoid CUVID if possibile.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2018, 05:11   #22600  |  Link
jaytrinitron

UHD Blu-Ray Parsing

Does the new ability of LAV splitter 0.71 to parse UHD Blu-Ray mean that I can play a UHD Blu Ray in my disk drive in MPC-HC using LAV? Will I still get the HDR, Atmos/DTS:X decoding, 4k, 10 bit, etc.?
jaytrinitron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter