Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 6th March 2011, 20:05   #6981  |  Link
latet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZeeme View Post
Thanks Dean. Your work is appreciated - even if the donations were few and far between.
Is there any alternative to multiAVCHD?

I've tested Sony DVD Architect Pro 5.0 but it crashes on importing some (not all) .m2ts files (just like Sony Vegas pro). This is serious problem for me. And also - it can't import .mkv files. Two good reasons not to like it.

On the other hand - I find multiAVCHD unstable. It often crashes (x264.exe crash) generating animated title menu icons. It need 100 minor improvements but it is still the best I know...
latet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2011, 20:56   #6982  |  Link
setarip_old

@latet

Hi!
Quote:
On the other hand - I find multiAVCHD unstable.
Wow, talk about (negative) exaggeration!
I have used and tested many (not all) aspects of multiAVCHD since its inception and have found most of the finalized functions to be rock solid - including the oddball functions that "deank" has surprised users with, such as conversion to HD-DVD, 3D conversion, conversion to standard DVD, player specific Blu-ray "packages", cropping and uncropping, ad infinitum.

Although there may be one or two legitimately unstable functions (I haven't tried all of the literally dozens of multiAVCHD functions), most postings of problems in this thread, as well as those at the forum maintained by "deank" at his home site, have proved to be simple misinterpretations of how to properly use the functions.

When you consider just how complex multiAVCHD is and how it evolved, other than (unrealistic) a complete overhaul of its presentation (perhaps separate "pages" of an onscreen "book" for each function), I believe that the only thing lacking for multiAVCHD is up-to-date, comprehensive documentation...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 07:55   #6983  |  Link
JoeH

MultiAVCHD is very stable as long as you respect some of its basic rules... for example, never start a job, cancel it, and then switch to another job without closing MultiAVCHD and opening it up again. One session, one job. (I'm not inventing it - Dean says so).
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2011, 21:07   #6984  |  Link
elmarikon
der Name sagt alles

Hi guys!

I have a little issue with multiavchd.
No BluRay player will allow me to jump to the next title in my play list. Of cause I tried the 'auto chapter at end of title' option.
I also did try different players (Sony/Phillips) and different versions of multiAVChd (3.0/4.0). No success:-(
Is there a solution?

All the best!
Old 8th March 2011, 22:57   #6985  |  Link
Cela

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
Hi! So, just send 'deank" a donation in the amount you deem would be an appropriate "toll" ;>}
Yes, sure, I will, if evereybody else who wants a new version does. For example, like every single Nero10 user will do who will want to upgrade to Nero11.

Back in August 2009 I addressed the generally adopted scheme (beyond the individual donation scheme) to keep software developments running, that _all_ users of the benefits of a newly released version should add their share, pay the toll, to ensure continuous support and development, and not only a little minority of donators.

Aren't we all experiencing right now what we get, when we rely on that _others_ will generously donate?

I am not Bill Gates, even if I wanted, as a single person, I would never be able to pay the fair price for what Dean has created!

Dean, thanks for your generous gift to us all!
Cela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 05:21   #6986  |  Link
setarip_old

@Cela

I can honestly say that I have no idea why this seems so significant to you.

1) Actually, it sounds to me that you're essentially trying to make "deank" a slave to those who, under your scenario, would be purchasers of his software.

2) Is there anyone amongst us who knows, WITH CERTAINTY, what the multiple tax, licensing, and accounting ramifications would be?

I'm sure that if "deank" deems it appropriate, he'll respond to your suggestion...
Old 9th March 2011, 21:42   #6987  |  Link
Cela

What really is significant to me is that Dean does not stop support and development of his outstanding, incomparable, unique multiAVCHD and that I am ready to add my share to help overcome the "Real world requirements..." (your words), which may prevent this since last September. What furthermore may be significant is that not a single person or a small minority of donators but, more probably, only the efforts of a large group of supporters, call them customers, could have a fair chance to make a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by latet View Post
Is there any alternative to multiAVCHD?

I've tested Sony DVD Architect Pro 5.0 but it crashes on importing some (not all) .m2ts files (just like Sony Vegas pro). This is serious problem for me. And also - it can't import .mkv files. Two good reasons not to like it.
I too cannot see any alternative to multiAVCHD out there. Certainly not in the price range or NeroVision, PowerDirector, Premiere Elements, Magix Video deluxe, etc. None of these accepts an equal variety of input media, none offers the variety of output options, allows user control to specific output file formats, bit rate settings, etc, offers comparable chapters, stream replacement, menu features, etc. Though some advertise their Smart Render abilities, in all my tests, each one of them insisted in heavy re-encoding of the same unchanged footage, even for small menu changes - instances where multiAVCHD never would re-encode! And I could not observe any real progress concerning the superfluous re-encoding orgy for years! So, there is NO adequate alternative, neither ready for use nor in sight!

Maybe my suggested product approach will turn out to be just as unsuccessful as the donation approach. Hope you find a better one. What will really count is that Dean will return at least part of his focus back to further support and development of multiAVCHD!

That's my final five cents...
Old 9th March 2011, 22:37   #6988  |  Link
setarip_old

@Cela

And for my final comment regarding this topic, I would reiterate:

I'm sure that if "deank" deems it appropriate, he'll respond to your suggestion...
Old 10th March 2011, 11:12   #6989  |  Link
Ghitulescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cela View Post
I too cannot see any alternative to multiAVCHD out there. Certainly not in the price range or NeroVision, PowerDirector, Premiere Elements, Magix Video deluxe, etc. None of these accepts an equal variety of input media, none offers the variety of output options, allows user control to specific output file formats, bit rate settings, etc, offers comparable chapters, stream replacement, menu features, etc. Though some advertise their Smart Render abilities, in all my tests, each one of them insisted in heavy re-encoding of the same unchanged footage, even for small menu changes - instances where multiAVCHD never would re-encode! And I could not observe any real progress concerning the superfluous re-encoding orgy for years! So, there is NO adequate alternative, neither ready for use nor in sight!
Also in your quoted paragraph, there's one single issue: MKV.

I'm afraid all of you simply forget that MKV is not supported by the industry, and therefore there's not a single legal source for it. Supporting MKV input means for the software company an indirect support for stealing content and may be sued for this. So one cannot really compare the two things. Not that I have something against MultiAVCHD, au contraire! but I want to clear some "misunderstandings".
Old 10th March 2011, 18:18   #6990  |  Link
Cela

I do not use MKV. Please exclude the unintented implicit inclusion of MKV from my statement. The re-encoding orgy of the mentioned consumer level applications holds for my personal m2ts camcorder footage *) for which no one else than myself holds the copyright!

*) shot with my simple Sony AVCHD camcorder

Last edited by Cela; 10th March 2011 at 18:23.
Old 10th March 2011, 19:24   #6991  |  Link
setarip_old

@Ghitulescu
Quote:
I'm afraid all of you simply forget that MKV is not supported by the industry, and therefore there's not a single legal source for it. Supporting MKV input means for the software company an indirect support for stealing content and may be sued for this.
Perhaps you're confused, or you're just blowing smoke up "Cela's" skirts.

Unless something has significantly changed recently, the .MKV container format is and always has been OPEN SOURCE, available for all to use.

The following is a quote from WikiPedia:
Quote:
The Matroska Multimedia Container is an open standard free container format, a file format that can hold an unlimited number of video, audio, picture or subtitle tracks inside a single file.[1] It is intended to serve as a universal format for storing common multimedia content, like movies or TV shows. Matroska is similar in concept to other containers like AVI, MP4 or ASF, but is entirely open in specification, with implementations consisting mostly of open source software. Matroska file types are .MKV for video (with subtitles and audio), .MKA for audio-only files and .MKS for subtitles only.

Last edited by setarip_old; 10th March 2011 at 19:26.
Old 10th March 2011, 20:00   #6992  |  Link
latet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cela View Post
I do not use MKV. Please exclude the unintented implicit inclusion of MKV from my statement. The re-encoding orgy of the mentioned consumer level applications holds for my personal m2ts camcorder footage *) for which no one else than myself holds the copyright!
*) shot with my simple Sony AVCHD camcorder
But I do use MKV. For my personal camcorder footage *) for which no one else than myself holds the copyright! I keep my footage in MKV for high convince (all the hardware I have can play it: PC, TV, hardware mediaplayer). This is not true that it has nothing to do with Blu-ray. Even preparing MKV's I do care about BD compliance of the video and audio streams in order for faster and easier muxing (without re-encoding) to .m2ts and authoring to BD, whenever the need appears. And the other way to - I don't want anything (like frame doubling) in my BD .m2ts files that won't be compatible with MKV if I (or someone else) decides to convert my own home-made BD disks into MKV files.

*) shot with my simple Sony AVCHD camera
latet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2011, 16:22   #6993  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Guys,

I need someone with PS3 (or another type of player) and a 3D setup (TV) to check something. I managed to convert a small 8sec sample from Panasonc 3D Blu-ray demo disc from 1920x1080@23.976 to the sizzled 3D format, which Playstation 3 (and other players, which support single-file-3d-content) plays in 3d.

Download the file, put it on a USB stick and give it a try on your PS3 - just play the file from XMB VIDEO tab. Your PS3 should recognize the packed 3d and prompt you... or try to play it in your player.

Source: 1920x1080@23.976fps AVC (left + right) + DTS audio
Result: 1280x720@59.94fps AVC (frame packed left+right) + AC3 audio

Panasonic3D-[sizzle-test-2].m2ts (5.33 MB)
Download link: http://www.multiupload.com/DCIN1RIRKS

If such approach works, it is really easy to create single files for 3d playback from 3d blu-ray discs.

An example of the format is the official sony trailer (MP4): http://poseidon.dl.playstation.net/c...084&country=us

Dean
Old 12th March 2011, 17:42   #6994  |  Link
mariner

Greetings Dean. Welcome back.

Congratulations, once again, for being the first to successfully create PS3 compatible 3D frame sequential video.

There is another single file 3D format that you may wish to explore: MVC in mp4 container. See this thread for more details.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=159339

Best regards.
mariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2011, 12:31   #6995  |  Link
xvibe

Hi deank, I've tested both files but only the file provided by sony worked. Not tested the file that mariner indicated....
When I start playing the sony file the PS3 ask me if I wan't to see it in 3D but the file that you made just plays as a normal 2d file. Anyway it's not so normal because you see that there are two images at the same time but played as if it's a normal 2d movie.
My setup is 3DTV Sony Bravia HX-800, AV receiver Yamaha RX-V767 with HDMI 1.4 and a PS3. The PS3 is connected to the TV thru the AV receiver using the HDMI connections.
Anyway you should have an option on multiAVCHD to have the subtitles corrected for 3D SBS movies like the this app do:
http://84.27.10.123/3DSubtitler/

Last edited by xvibe; 13th March 2011 at 12:34.
xvibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2011, 12:34   #6996  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

It seems the PS3 supports the format only when multiplexed in MP4 container with some specific atoms... I have no info on the subject atm.

I'll appreciate if anyone can post a sample structure recorded with AVCHD 3D capable camcoder. Video usually is SBS with some black bounding boxes, but I'm interested in the file structure, which makes the player switch to 3D (and we're talking about AVCHD, not Blu-ray 3D).
Old 13th March 2011, 14:46   #6997  |  Link
xvibe

Well the file pointed by mariner gives me a corrupted data on the PS3....
xvibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2011, 14:53   #6998  |  Link
SuperFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@SuperFist Yes...
Thank you and the others who took the time out of your busy days to respond to my inquiries. I have had BD Rebuilder for a few months as I downloaded it in an attempt to procure all the blu-ray authoring programs I could but interestingly enough, I never tried it for some reason. I am, however, giving it a whirl now and will be pitting it against the results of DVDFab and MultiAVCHD in order to satisfy my own curiosity.
SuperFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2011, 15:32   #6999  |  Link
alimao

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Guys,

I need someone with PS3 (or another type of player) and a 3D setup (TV) to check something. I managed to convert a small 8sec sample from Panasonc 3D Blu-ray demo disc from 1920x1080@23.976 to the sizzled 3D format, which Playstation 3 (and other players, which support single-file-3d-content) plays in 3d.

Download the file, put it on a USB stick and give it a try on your PS3 - just play the file from XMB VIDEO tab. Your PS3 should recognize the packed 3d and prompt you... or try to play it in your player.

Source: 1920x1080@23.976fps AVC (left + right) + DTS audio
Result: 1280x720@59.94fps AVC (frame packed left+right) + AC3 audio

Panasonic3D-[sizzle-test-2].m2ts (5.33 MB)
Download link: http://www.multiupload.com/DCIN1RIRKS

If such approach works, it is really easy to create single files for 3d playback from 3d blu-ray discs.

An example of the format is the official sony trailer (MP4): http://poseidon.dl.playstation.net/c...084&country=us

Dean
not work. I tried a samsung c8000 46. not activate the glasses. this sample video
this video downloaded from the psn uncharted 3 3d . active glasses usually
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9M1W0GNI

Last edited by alimao; 13th March 2011 at 15:34.
alimao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2011, 08:39   #7000  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

So no one with Panasonic HDC-SDT750K 3D capable AVCHD camcoder to post a small sample of the whole structure?

I may also add half-SBS to the stereo output formats - it seems that most 3D equipment supports it.

Btw the panasonic's cam (HDC-SDT750K) SBS interlaced 1920x1080 can be easily converted to any other stereo format easily using avisynth (for example to half SBS 1920x1080@23.976):

Code:
b=directshowsource("D:\Panasonic3D-SBS.MTS").AssumeFrameBased.bob(height=1080).SeparateFields.weave

allL=Crop(b, 66,50,-1026,-50)
allR=Crop(b, 1026,50,-66,-50)

stackhorizontal(allL,allR).selectevery(2,0).assumeframebased.changefps(24000,1001).lanczosresize(1920,1080)

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author