Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 18th July 2008, 07:17   #2021  |  Link
fib0by

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see any way to include soft subtitles in a Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray rip.

I rip the BD with AnyDVD HD.
I open the main movie file in RipBot. It says "analysing" so I wait.
When it's done, I can select chapters, video and audio, but no subtitles.
I click Ok and then it's remuxing to mkv.
When it's done, there's a button labeled subtitles, but it doesn't seem to do anything useful: it just opens a new window, but there are no subtitles there to choose.

I'm confused because in tsMuxer I can select and include a subtitle track if I wish. But of course tsMuxer cannot shrink the video track.
RipBot has a subtitle button too, but it's not working.

What am I doing wrong?
fib0by is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 07:47   #2022  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

Atak have a video sample that my Kodak makes and it doesn't want to show in ripbot... Figure you can tell me why...

It has selective output...

http://www.mediafire.com/?r4inmoyrgyx
Old 18th July 2008, 08:26   #2023  |  Link
Sarreq Teryx

Location: Between a clown and a mime, holding an uzi to each head.
OK, what are the minimum requirements for using FFT3DGPU. I have a Radeon X1650 with 512MB and it will not work for me.

if thats too old a card for FFT3DGPU, would it be possible to have the option to use the MSU denoiser also?

edit: OK, I found its doom9 topic. it says my card should work, but it seems there are issues with it and WinVista. SO, my request still stands, would it be possible to have the option to use the MSU denoiser also? at least until the Vista problem is worked out?
And as I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, Lord, thy balls and shaft, they comfort me, you annoint my head with oil, some salt, a dash of pepper, a sprigg of parsley......Lord?............Lord??? What dost thou intend to do with that fork???

Last edited by Sarreq Teryx; 18th July 2008 at 08:35.
Sarreq Teryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 08:58   #2024  |  Link
Sarreq Teryx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarreq Teryx View Post
what does the error message
Quote:
Couldn't open input file in HIDE mode! Exiting.
mean???
Something wrong with source. Open .vob in DGIndex and see what's happening.
(sorry, I forgot about this entirely for a week) I tried that and DGIndex doesnt show any errors with the file

heres the log output

Code:
Stream Type: MPEG2 Program
Profile: main@main
Frame Size: 720x576
Display Size: 720x576
Aspect Ratio: 4:3 [2]
Frame Rate: 25.000000 fps
Video Type: PAL
Frame Type: Interlaced
Coding Type: B
Colorimetry: BT.470-2 B,G
Frame Structure: Frame
Field Order: Top
Coded Number: 215
Playback Number: 215
Frame Repeats: 0
Field Repeats: 0
VOB ID: 1
Cell ID: 1
Bitrate: 3.307 Mbps
Bitrate (Avg): 3.581 Mbps
Bitrate (Max): 3.834 Mbps
Audio Stream: 80: AC3 2/0 192
Timestamp: 0:00:29
Elapsed: 0:00:08
Remain: FINISH
FPS: 25.73
Info:

edit: mostly my fault, ripbot was taking issue with too long of a folder path
Code:
C:\d01s01e01\this folder name was entirely too long and ripbot had choked on it, had to move to a shorter path\VIDEO_TS
and, yes it was that long
And as I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death, Lord, thy balls and shaft, they comfort me, you annoint my head with oil, some salt, a dash of pepper, a sprigg of parsley......Lord?............Lord??? What dost thou intend to do with that fork???

Last edited by Sarreq Teryx; 20th July 2008 at 02:54.
Old 18th July 2008, 20:29   #2025  |  Link
jtheripper

I posted a question a few days ago about if avchd played on a samsung bdp1400 could have DTS audio. Well I found the answer. According to Wikipedia article on the avchd spec, it only supports audio DD up to 640kbps or LPCM but not DTS. This explains why my samsung will play all the ripbot avchd with dd but not dts. When I burn the ripbot avchd to a bd-re it plays even with dts so it must think its a bd, not avchd. If anyone has a panasonic or sony stand alone bd player (not ps3) have you been able to play a ripbot BD that had DTS and burned to a DVD9 or 5 succesfully?
jtheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 21:30   #2026  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
What am I doing wrong?
You must manually convert .sup files to .srt

Quote:
OK, what are the minimum requirements for using FFT3DGPU. I have a Radeon X1650 with 512MB and it will not work for me.
I have Laptop with Redeon x700 128 MB + Windows Vista SP1 and everything is working well. Even 1440x1080

Quote:
Atak have a video sample that my Kodak makes and it doesn't want to show in ripbot... Figure you can tell me why...
Now you know why .mov format is not officially supported in my app.

Solution: Remux .mov to .avi using this command line
ffmpeg.exe -i "c:\1.mov" -vcodec copy -acodec copy "c:\1.avi"

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 18th July 2008 at 22:15.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 23:41   #2027  |  Link
Discoboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtheripper View Post
I posted a question a few days ago about if avchd played on a samsung bdp1400 could have DTS audio. Well I found the answer. According to Wikipedia article on the avchd spec, it only supports audio DD up to 640kbps or LPCM but not DTS. This explains why my samsung will play all the ripbot avchd with dd but not dts. When I burn the ripbot avchd to a bd-re it plays even with dts so it must think its a bd, not avchd. If anyone has a panasonic or sony stand alone bd player (not ps3) have you been able to play a ripbot BD that had DTS and burned to a DVD9 or 5 succesfully?
Hi,

Yes AVCHD with DTS @ 1.5Mbps plays back no problem on a DVD+R DL via a Panasonic DMP-BD30 Blu-Ray standalone deck.

Also the AVCHD spec does allow for DTS on AVCHD. The spec is upto 1.5mbps bit rate after compression and 1 - 7.1 channels.
Discoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 23:58   #2028  |  Link
jtheripper

Very interesting. Where did you see that the spec allows DTS? Makes sense that it would but I couldnt find that anywhere. Guess I will get me a panny player. Thanks
jtheripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 00:48   #2029  |  Link
Discoboy

The spec does not actually mention the DTS trademark, but it does say bit rate after compression 1.5mbps and upto 7.1 channels i.e. the DTS core sound track spec of DTS-HD sound track. Spec link here:

http://www.avchd-info.org/format/index.html
Old 19th July 2008, 02:29   #2030  |  Link
CupCak3

two thumbs up on the software... I've used this successfully to backup several of my bluerays. I've been able to figure out most of my problems/wants by searching but have one final question (...at least for now )

Is there anyway to keep an origional soundtrack instead of having it "re-encoded"? Are there any benefits to having it re-encoded? The movies I just finished have Dolby EX soundtracks that I'd like to pass directly to my receiver. Thanks!

Last edited by CupCak3; 19th July 2008 at 04:58.
CupCak3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 03:17   #2031  |  Link
Ajax_Undone

Thanx Bro...
Old 19th July 2008, 06:23   #2032  |  Link
florinandrei

If I'm not mistaken, RipBot uses tsMuxer to author the BD structure, right?
Well, if that's the case, there's a problem. The disks authored with tsMuxer will play in a loop on the PS3. Insert disk, it starts playing, it reaches the end, it goes back to the beginning, plays the whole disk again, and so on.

Anybody knows how to fix this?

Last edited by florinandrei; 19th July 2008 at 06:27.
florinandrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2008, 10:42   #2033  |  Link
Ajax_Undone

The installer has been updated to include an updater built originally by morphinapg for ASXgui Encoder.
He generously offered me the source after I asked and I modified it for use with RipBot264...

So big thanx to morphinapg...

Anyhow if you use it now it will just download The current build of RipBot264 so its kinda useless untill next release...

Currently Building a ffdshow and haali updater to include by 2.0 release. The 2.0 Installer will be the last one released until 3.0 comes around. So I want it to be self sustaining...
Old 19th July 2008, 18:01   #2034  |  Link
raymondtrudeau

hi iam new to ripbot 64 and the whole blueray backing up...is there a guide on how to back up on to dvd9? thanks...
raymondtrudeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2008, 02:50   #2035  |  Link
Sarreq Teryx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarreq Teryx
I have Laptop with Redeon x700 128 MB + Windows Vista SP1 and everything is working well. Even 1440x1080
possibly the issue's with Vista 64? dunno. all I know is the anime and film filters stopped working for me when you switched from the MSU filter to FFT3DGPU.
Old 20th July 2008, 03:33   #2036  |  Link
solis0001

Ref: Samsung BDP-1400 & DTS - My 1400 plays DTS just fine with AVCHD. Perhaps the feature was part of the FW updates?
I know I've applied several FW updates.

Lovely app, BTW. A lot of praise needs to be heaped upon the author for this little gem.
It's beautiful.
solis0001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2008, 05:12   #2037  |  Link
over-killer

@Atak
Quote:
Originally Posted by over-killer View Post
Here is a sample with 7.1 dts

http://uploaded.to/?id=5uc7n3
Did you ever check this out and fix it?
over-killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2008, 06:47   #2038  |  Link
Discoboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupCak3 View Post

Is there anyway to keep an origional soundtrack instead of having it "re-encoded"? Are there any benefits to having it re-encoded? The movies I just finished have Dolby EX soundtracks that I'd like to pass directly to my receiver. Thanks!
Doesn’t setting the audio profile to “x.x. COPY STREAM” not work for you as for me this prevents reencoding. I use this function to keep the DD core track that Ripbot extracted from DD-HD audio track as if I let it reencode, the sound levels are much lower. I also use it when I have a DTS audio track.
Old 20th July 2008, 07:17   #2039  |  Link
Discoboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by solis0001 View Post
Ref: Samsung BDP-1400 & DTS - My 1400 plays DTS just fine with AVCHD. Perhaps the feature was part of the FW updates?
I know I've applied several FW updates.
Seems 1.8 is the latest and has some AVCHD fixes:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showp...postcount=1166
Old 20th July 2008, 07:28   #2040  |  Link
fib0by

Shrunk a big 1080p VC-1 thing to DVD-9. When there's a big image change (cut from one angle to another, or from one scene to another) the image freezes for several seconds. Audio keeps playing normally. This is on a PS3.

Several possible causes:
- DVD+R DL is being read too slowly by the PS3
- bitrate after shrinking is too small for this video stream
- bug in x264

Any ideas?

I'll try to upload the .m2ts file to the PS3 directly (bypassing the DVD+R DL media) and we'll see what happens.

P.S.: I shrunk another one, same procedure, same DVD+R DL and it seems to be fine. Kind of eliminates the DVD from the list of suspects, but in this case the bitrate is a tiny bit smaller (7GB final size instead of 8). But the master in this case looks a bit more smooth.
fib0by is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360