Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 12th April 2015, 21:16   #781  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Do the 64 bit builds linked on the google page not work for you?
https://code.google.com/p/xy-vsfilter/wiki/Downloads
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 06:55   #782  |  Link
SecurityBunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
Do the 64 bit builds linked on the google page not work for you?
https://code.google.com/p/xy-vsfilter/wiki/Downloads
Doh! I feel like an idiot, completely neglected to look at the x64 section. Thanks.
SecurityBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2015, 07:27   #783  |  Link
dansrfe

Is there a way to render relative to madVR's frame so that the subtitles can be rendered within the black borders when e.g. 2.4 A/R video is full-screen on a 1.78 A/R screen?
dansrfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2015, 08:04   #784  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansrfe View Post
Is there a way to render relative to madVR's frame so that the subtitles can be rendered within the black borders when e.g. 2.4 A/R video is full-screen on a 1.78 A/R screen?
Recently madshi stated he had finally started work on supporting this in madVR, so hopefully we'll see support sometime soon. The delay up to this point is mainly because madVR currently has no capability of rendering anything in the black borders within the normal render chain, which requires madshi to do a somewhat major refactor.

That problem is somewhat unique to madVR though. For other subtitle consumers like EVR-CP & MPDN, all they'd likely need to do is request the subtitles repositioned as described in SubRenderIntf.h and it should just work.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 03:27   #785  |  Link
Magik Mark

Can somebody help with this:

I have no problem in playing xysubtitle as along as its embedded. External ones wont just load. I'm using madvr, mpcbe & reclock. All latest versions.
Magik Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2015, 06:32   #786  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Someone else had an issue with like this recently, and they were able to resolve it by completely uninstalling and then re-installing ReClock with default settings.
Old 7th May 2015, 06:53   #787  |  Link
Magik Mark

I just reinstalled reclock. Same problem. Is there a particular setting? Other subfilter renderer is working fine. I just prefer xysubfilter because of its HD rendering
Old 7th May 2015, 07:18   #788  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

All the user said is they removed Reclock completely, reinstalled it, and removed everything from external filters in MPC-HC and then it worked. Does it work for you with MPC-HC instead of MPC-BE? Have you tried re-installing XySubFilter? You can also try some of the troubleshooting steps I listed here, but I'm not really sure what causes this since that user was able to resolve their problem with what I mentioned.

I suspect it's probably some kind of conflict with the ReClock Helper filter who's function has been rather mysterious and unreliable in the first place.
Old 10th May 2015, 01:48   #789  |  Link
Magik Mark

Did a clean install of my system. Subtitle rendering for both embedded and external are now working. However, for the external the txt is not HD. Tried tinkering the setting, nothing happens. Any thought guys?
Old 12th May 2015, 06:41   #790  |  Link
nijiko
Hi-Fi Fans

Is this one dead?
nijiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2015, 08:14   #791  |  Link
ryrynz

I'd stay in stasis..
ryrynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2015, 03:30   #792  |  Link
nijiko
Hi-Fi Fans

There're too many bugs. And not update...
nijiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2015, 21:18   #793  |  Link
ashlar42

Could anybody be so kind as to explain the Speed Ratio functionality under "Timing" panel? Say I have NTSC subtitles and I'd like to use them converted to PAL timings (+4% speed). How should I proceed?
ashlar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2015, 00:53   #794  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijiko View Post
There're too many bugs. And not update...
which bugs, how many?

when watching movies or TV shows with .ass subs I never really spot any.
Old 26th May 2015, 01:56   #795  |  Link
ashlar42

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Recently madshi stated he had finally started work on supporting this in madVR, so hopefully we'll see support sometime soon. The delay up to this point is mainly because madVR currently has no capability of rendering anything in the black borders within the normal render chain, which requires madshi to do a somewhat major refactor.

That problem is somewhat unique to madVR though. For other subtitle consumers like EVR-CP & MPDN, all they'd likely need to do is request the subtitles repositioned as described in SubRenderIntf.h and it should just work.
Any news on this?
ashlar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2015, 20:29   #796  |  Link
xabregas

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlar42 View Post

Any news on this?
Will it happen this year?
xabregas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2015, 16:12   #797  |  Link
jriker1

When using x-y-vsfilter with AVISynth do you have to "install" anything or just copy the vsfilter.dll to the avisynth plugin folder and reference textsub in the script?

Also I've read with vsfilter that it has some kind of box artifact around the subtitle when hard subbing, almost like it's applying the text as an image with transparent background but it's not quite transparent. Are there any noticeable artifacts that x-y-vsfilter creates?

Lastly, is there anyway to take a subtitle file that contains forced subtitles and tell it to only output the forced ones? Not sure if this can only be done in SUP files, which guessing isn't supported by x-y-vsfilter, but perhaps I'm mistaken. If it is, any way to convert a SUP file to another format and maintain the forced flag? Or do you just have to create a separate file with just the forced content and apply that?

Thanks.

JR
jriker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2015, 05:11   #798  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriker1 View Post
Or do you just have to create a separate file with just the forced content and apply that?
Exactly that. Text subtitles are displayed whole or not at all; forced subtitles become separate tracks that have just the forced content.

Last edited by foxyshadis; 15th July 2015 at 05:59.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2015, 10:11   #799  |  Link
Siso
Soul Seeker

I was wondering if it would be possible to have an option for paragraph alignment for example left aligned paragraph subtitles?

Regards.
Siso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2015, 11:18   #800  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siso View Post
I was wondering if it would be possible to have an option for paragraph alignment for example left aligned paragraph subtitles?

Regards.
That's always been part of the SSA specs. Set the alignment field to 1 for left-justified. Unless you mean fully-justified, where width is always the same; that's not a part of the specs.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote