Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 10th May 2018, 14:17   #6061  |  Link
hello_hello

A feature request or two:

Could the "Load Defaults" button in the x264 encoder configuration not disable "Show Advanced Settings" if it's already checked. Aside from the default x264 settings not really having anything to do with whether or not MeGUI shows them to you, it's somewhat annoying to be looking at advanced settings, only to click "load defaults" and have them disappear.

The same applies to the option being saved as part of an encoder configuration. You can be looking at the advanced settings, select a preset saved when the "Show Advanced Settings" option wasn't checked, and once again they disappear. In my opinion, it should be an independent global option.

I think I've mentioned this before, but....
The way the deinterlace options in the script creator interact still drive me nutty at times. For instance, when the source type is interlaced, why does unchecking or checking "source is anime" reset the de-interlacing method to Yadif?
It's made more frustrating by the preview refresh being based on frame numbers rather than a particular point in time. So if you have (for example), "TDeint with IDE & Bob" selected as the de-interlacing method and you're previewing frame 1000, for an NTSC source you'd be previewing a frame at roughly the 20 second point. Should you have the audacity to change the field order, not only does the de-interlacing method switch to Yadif, but you're still previewing frame 1000 which is now at roughly the 40 second mark, so you're suddenly previewing a frame at a different point in the video.

Thanks Zathor.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2018, 15:37   #6062  |  Link
THEAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Correct, as you have disabled automatic updates there are some questions. I agree that it may be a bit too much, however you have disabled the automatic update check. Why do you not enable it if I may ask? If I understand the use case better it would help me.
I regularly open MeGUI for some quick task and I don't want that task to be interrupted by the automatic update notification, which, if approved, could also require MeGUI to be restarted until I can continue my work. Hence, I disable the automatic update and instead, manually update MeGUI every once in a while when my work will not be interrupted by the update process.

Quote:
Thanks, known behaviour. I would not call it issue as it works - it is only a bit slow. To be honest I forgot about that topic as the prio is quite low. Maybe I will have a look in the near future.
I see. This is certainly not a show-stopper, please take your time.
THEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2018, 15:09   #6063  |  Link
Zathor

Code:
2853 [Update]               if automatic updates are disabled and the update window is manually opened no question will be raised anymore if packages have to be downloaded
2852 [x264]                 changed "show advanced settings" to be a global setting (default is disabled)
                            when --no-psy is selected the --psy-rd options are not availble
                            when using 8bit --qpmax with a value > 69 is used as 69 for the command line creation
2851 [Chapter Creator]      added fps selector for the input source
                            changing the input fps changes the time codes if the input fps is not known (e.g. as with TXT/XML)
                            the output fps value is used during saving for all output types
                            new chapters are sorted based on time codes
                            double click on a chapter jumps to the positions if the preview pane is open
                            preview button asks for an AVS file
                            added option to use an automated counter for chapters (enabled by default)
                            if the "Start Time" value is in a wrong format the text color is changed to red
                            the Chapter Creator window stays on top of the video preview window 
2850 [HD Streams Extractor] added support for EAC3 in files
                            "Custom Options" setting will be saved
Except of 2853 this is the "hello_hello" edition
Zathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2018, 15:59   #6064  |  Link
THEAST

Quote:
Code:
2853 [Update]               if automatic updates are disabled and the update window is manually opened no question will be raised anymore if packages have to be downloaded
Great, thank you!
THEAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2018, 20:07   #6065  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Except of 2853 this is the "hello_hello" edition
Is that to make me feel bad for this post??

I'm probably silly but I can't quite get my head around the way the chapter creator's fps options work.

My expectation was for the input/output fps options to effectively function as numerator and denominator for the stretch factor. Therefore after opening a chapters file, setting an input and output fps of 23.976 would produce the same chapter file as selecting 50fps for both. Currently, changing the input fps changes the chapter timings even when the output fps is the same.

When using the chapter creator and it's preview to create chapters manually, you'd want the input fps to match the fps of the script being previewed, but when stretching chapters it's probably more likely the previewed script will have the desired output frame rate. Should the input fps always be adjustable?

In my humble opinion, the output fps should change the chapter timings in the GUI, otherwise they don't match those saved to the output txt/xml files.

The output fps when saving a qp file no longer seems to have an effect, but maybe there should be a third "QP FPS" option?
INHO, the keyframes saved to a qp file file should correspond to the chapter timings displayed by the GUI and that should be the case whether you've stretched them or not, so while the current input/output fps could apply stretching for the chapter timings, a "qp fps" option would determine the frame numbers written to the qp file based on those. If a chapter in the GUI is at 00:00:10.000, selecting 25fps as the "qp fps" would make the corresponding keyframe 250 k. Selecting a "qp fps" of 50 would make it 500 k etc. That way a "qp fps" option could work as before without messing with the chapter timings.

Edit: I condensed the post a bit. I was typing while I tested so I repeated a few things.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Last edited by hello_hello; 11th May 2018 at 20:53.
Old 11th May 2018, 20:10   #6066  |  Link
Zathor

Mhm, when using a input file without fps information (your mentioned txt file) changing the input fps should not change the time codes. Let me check if it works correctly.
Old 11th May 2018, 20:43   #6067  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
2851 [Chapter Creator] the Chapter Creator window stays on top of the video preview window
I meant to ask about that as the Chapter Creator window stays on top of every window, even when the preview is minimised. There's a potential for some annoyance there. When the preview is closed there's no way to minimise the chapter creator window short of minimising everything, but at least it doesn't insist on being the foreground window when the preview is closed.

It evens out a little though, because for the AVS Cutter, the preview window can't be minimised on it's own, but the AVS Cutter window can be.
Old 11th May 2018, 21:25   #6068  |  Link
Zathor

I will have a look in the next 1-2 days. So if you have other ideas/issues in the chapter creator area now is the time
Old 12th May 2018, 11:21   #6069  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
I will have a look in the next 1-2 days. So if you have other ideas/issues in the chapter creator area now is the time
When creating chapters from IFO/MPLS files, an option to automatically remove the last chapter if it's close to the end of the video would be nice.

I assume it's do-able as ChapterEditor appears to have such an option (screenshot), but if it's hard to implement it's no big deal.

After sleeping on it, I still think a dedicated "QP FPS" output option would be a good idea.

Thanks again.

Last edited by hello_hello; 12th May 2018 at 11:24.
Old 13th May 2018, 00:58   #6070  |  Link
hello_hello

Does the new VSFilter work for everyone else with 32 bit Windows, or would it's inability to work be XP related?

When I try to preview a script with something like the following included:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_plugin\VSFilter.dll")
TextSub("E:\The Subtitles.srt", 1)

MeGUI offers an error:
LoadPlugin: Unable to load plugin "C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\avisynth_plugin\VSFilter.dll", error=0x3e6

If I save the scrip it'll open in MPC-HC fine and display the subtitles. It'll also open in VitrualDub and VirtualDubMod.

Could this be related to MeGUI's inability to use the portable Avisynth+? It also requires the VS2017 runtime files, I think.

Edit: I tried AvsPmod and it has the same issue. Opening the script produces the same error. What would MeGUI and AvsPmod have in common when it comes to previewing scripts?

Last edited by hello_hello; 13th May 2018 at 01:34.
Old 13th May 2018, 12:37   #6071  |  Link
foxace

Hello @Zathor, do you have the project to add nvenc with the HDR metada ?
foxace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2018, 12:51   #6072  |  Link
Zathor

Not at the moment. MeGUI does not support high bit depths right now, but I am working on that.

Code:
2855 [Chapter Creator]      input fps can always be selected
                            time codes will only be changed when the input fps is changed if the input fps of the source is not known (regression of 2851)
                            the window can be minimized
     [AVS Cutter]           video preview can be closed
2854 [Source Detector]      added high bit depth support
                            new "Minimum Analysis Percent" mode when set to 0 (default 0).
                                only "Minimum Analysis Sections" has to be reached in sequential read therefore providing a quick detection method
@hello_hello - changing the output fps does not change the time codes in the preview as this would be a major change. Please have a look if you can work with it. Nevertheless I will have a look to have it completly changed but this is nothing which I can do in a few days.
Old 14th May 2018, 10:46   #6073  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
2855 [Chapter Creator]time codes will only be changed when the input fps is changed if the input fps of the source is not known (regression of 2851)
Thanks for the hard work! It seems to be working the other way around though. Changing the input FPS changed the timecodes in the GUI with an IFO as the source and when previewing a script, but not for a txt chapter file.
Although... if chapter five is at 00:25:07, I'm not sure why it shouldn't stay at 00:25:07 whether the input is 12fps or 250fps.

Quote:
@hello_hello - changing the output fps does not change the time codes in the preview as this would be a major change. Please have a look if you can work with it. Nevertheless I will have a look to have it completely changed but this is nothing which I can do in a few days.
I'm not sure if it's this simple, but it's almost as though the Input FPS and the Output FPS need to be swapped.
If the "top" FPS was the output and the "bottom" FPS was the input...

Changing the "bottom" FPS could continue to have no effect on the timecodes in the GUI, no effect on the preview timecodes, and logically no effect on the timecodes saved to a chapters file. Changing the "bottom" FPS probably should do nothing but change the "top" FPS to match, and when they match, the "top" FPS should also do nothing (aside from determining the preview frame rate, I think).

On the other hand, changing the "top" FPS independently should continue to change the timecodes in the GUI, and being the "output" FPS it probably makes it's the assumed preview frame rate. Changing the "top" (output) FPS independently would also have to change the timecodes saved as chapters, but then everything should match. The timecodes in the GUI, the saved timecodes and the preview frame rate would all be stretched together. Chapters would always correspond to the same frames in the preview.

The current "top" and "bottom" FPS would have to swap positions in the GUI, and I guess the calculations would need to be reversed. It'd probably require a third FPS option to restore the original QP functionality, as the (stretched) timecodes need the chapter creator equivalent of ChangeFPS() applied to them. Have I mentioned my "QP FPS" idea?

I don't know if any of that has any basis in reality. It works well in my head.

Last edited by hello_hello; 14th May 2018 at 10:59.
Old 24th May 2018, 17:16   #6074  |  Link
doomleox999

One Click Encoder Default Language

Is it possible to choose the default audio language of encoded files with One Click Encoder when you load an entire folder? If you do it with only one file you can do it, you just select the audio language, but when you load a folder (with multiple files inside) you can't select the audio.
doomleox999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2018, 18:11   #6075  |  Link
littlepox

Hi all:
I notice that in the latest release, HD Stream Extractor no longer provide the flac option for PCM/DTS-HDMA. Is that intended or I'm missing something?
littlepox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2018, 00:48   #6076  |  Link
hello_hello

littlepox,
on the top left corner of the HD Stream Extractor window it says Settings. It's actually a menu, despite being cleverly disguised to look like plain text.
Is "show encoding options" checked?
Old 25th May 2018, 18:09   #6077  |  Link
Cunhambebe

Hi friends.
I recently updated w10 (April 2018 version). This happened las friday here. Sice then MEGUI 2828 stoped working, it doesn't start anymore. Then I've decided to install the new version 2836. Same thing. It says here: MeGUI encountered a fatal error and may not be able do proceed. Reason: external component added an exception.
Question: should I remove w10 last update or wait for a fix on MeGUI?

Edited:
Anyway, it didn't work. Left w10 as it is, waiting for an answer here. Doesn't even have a log file because the proggie does not start.
Thanks in advance.
Cunhambebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2018, 18:56   #6078  |  Link
Barough

No issues here with MeGUI & W10 after the latest 'major' update. Works smooth.......

Sent from my SM-G965F via Tapatalk
Old 25th May 2018, 19:35   #6079  |  Link
Taurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunhambebe View Post
Hi friends.
I recently updated w10 (April 2018 version). This happened las friday here. Sice then MEGUI 2828 stoped working, it doesn't start anymore. Then I've decided to install the new version 2836. Same thing. It says here: MeGUI encountered a fatal error and may not be able do proceed. Reason: external component added an exception.
Question: should I remove w10 last update or wait for a fix on MeGUI?
No problem here on Win10 all updates.
Just some suggestions:
Dont "install" MeGui in protected folders like "Programs", "Program files", etc.
Just the root of any harddisk.
Make sure net framework is installed properly.
Verify your visual C++ runtime libaries are uptodate.
(MeGui comes with it's own package, but who knows...)
Make a new install of Megui from the development server.
Update all packages using the build in updater.
Make sure the runtime files are checked.
Maybe a conflict with some plugins in your avisynth folder are causing the crash.
Temporarily move some or all of them to another place
and try again.
No more to say...
Taurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2018, 00:00   #6080  |  Link
mini-moose

auto crop

Hi

have there been any changes made in the auto crop function in AVS Script Editor? I noticed quite a few times recently that it returns highly inaccurate values (like suggesting aggressive crop values on the sides like 280pxls when non are needed).
mini-moose is offline   Reply With Quote