Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 31st July 2023, 15:40   #1  |  Link
doomguf

3D remuxing / double AVC streams

I usually run my 3D Blu-ray rips from ISO through MakeMKV with no trouble. Recently I had a tricky one with errors, and the only valid fix seemed to be remuxing the relevant SSIF file to an .m2ts with Tsmuxer.
Now, the resulting file plays back perfectly, but is quite large, as it seems to contain the basic AVC stream 2 times; Once as part of a MVC/AVC combo stream, and once more as an individual 2D AVC stream.

So, I thought I might exclude the obsolete AVC stream by remuxing in MKVToolnix, but I'm a bit unsure how to make it work, and I get 2 different outcomes:

1: In MKVToolnix, I try setting my video stream as any other 3D MKV successfully made with MakeMKV: Set Display Width/Height to 1920x1080, and Stereoscopy to "both eyes laced in one block (left first). The file is remuxed fine, file size is smaller due to the one AVC stream seemingly being omitted as I wanted, but the resulting playback is completely garbled and the 3D is misinterpreted.

2: I leave Display Width/Height blank, but Stereoscopy as "both eyes laced in one block (left first) again. Same result.

3: I leave both Display Width and Stereoscopy blank; the file remuxes fine, but 3D MVC stream is skipped, and it just ends up as a 2D AVC stream ...

How to do this? :-/ Is there some magic setting in either TSMuxer or MKVToolnix?

Last edited by doomguf; 1st August 2023 at 08:35.
doomguf is offline   Reply With Quote