Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Old 17th November 2019, 17:47   #61  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

I have currently no BD here where both case are present but such discs exists.
OK, I could use both switches (-sf -sl), maybe it is easy for you to add a switch for both cases: -sfl.
In my chapterEditor I use an automatic to remove such disturbing m2ts by default if detected. A switch for such automatic could be "-sa" this skips the first and last m2ts if necessary.
Old 17th November 2019, 18:12   #62  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
I use an automatic to remove such disturbing m2ts by default if detected.
What criterion do you use to detect a bad M2TS?
videoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2019, 19:13   #63  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoh View Post
What criterion do you use to detect a bad M2TS?
Only the m2ts duration is used and is this less then 2 seconds the m2ts will be ignored, but a user can change the duration because on some BDs is the last m2ts duration near 10 seconds.

But mostly is the duration of such m2ts files less then 1 second.
Old 17th November 2019, 20:31   #64  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

OK, thank you.
Old 17th November 2019, 22:05   #65  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

I have another feature request. Remove duplicated m2ts
chapterEditor has such a feature because I need it for the BD menu movies. In the mpls is a m2ts file multiple times used, often more then 100.
If you load such mpls in MKVToolNix and mux it, you get a huge mkv file because the m2ts file is appended again and again.
Old 17th November 2019, 22:53   #66  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

There is no usable playlist other than that one? As always, I need a link to obtain the disk if you want me to do anything with it.
Old 17th November 2019, 23:11   #67  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
There is no usable playlist other than that one?
No.

Quote:
As always, I need a link to obtain the disk if you want me to do anything with it.
On Terminator 2 BD mpls 00500 or 00501 are such menu mpls files.
Old 17th November 2019, 23:26   #68  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

OK, thank you.
Old 18th November 2019, 13:10   #69  |  Link
mini-moose

Quote:
"* Added a -sf option to skip the first M2TS (and adjust the chapters) for disks such as Naked Alibi."
This sound interesting. I use such function in chapterEditor, because many BDs have a "fake" first or/and last m2ts which has different stream settings.
What does DGDemux if the last m2ts file is a fake m2ts file?
The first m2ts isn't usually a "fake" one. It's often a separate m2ts for label logo clip. You are right though, sometimes it would have different audio than the main movie (or no audio at all) which at least in eac3to messes up the sync and other stuff.
The fake last m2ts I never quite understood what it's for, I assumed it's some "back to menu" transitional file. At some cases it can also be less "fake" like dubbing credits or some parental guidance clip or an additional label logo clip. Those could be redundant for some users too. The 1second ones don't really cause any issues I think.

btw, is there a way to pull chapter names from the discs?
the latest mkvtoolnix mentioned something that appeared like it could do it, but maybe I read it wrong. Tried it on a couple of discs and it didn't really do that.
there used to be a site called Chapters DB or something like that, that you could get chapter names on for some movies, but last I checked it seemed dead.

Last edited by mini-moose; 18th November 2019 at 13:28.
mini-moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2019, 14:43   #70  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini-moose View Post
The first m2ts isn't usually a "fake" one. It's often a separate m2ts for label logo clip. You are right though, sometimes it would have different audio than the main movie (or no audio at all) which at least in eac3to messes up the sync and other stuff.
The fake last m2ts I never quite understood what it's for, I assumed it's some "back to menu" transitional file. At some cases it can also be less "fake" like dubbing credits or some parental guidance clip or an additional label logo clip. Those could be redundant for some users too. The 1second ones don't really cause any issues I think.
When I try to mux such mpls with a very short last m2ts file, MKVToolnix fails. So I think such m2ts files are bad/unnecessary.

Quote:
btw, is there a way to pull chapter names from the discs?
the latest mkvtoolnix mentioned something that appeared like it could do it, but maybe I read it wrong. Tried it on a couple of discs and it didn't really do that.
there used to be a site called Chapters DB or something like that, that you could get chapter names on for some movies, but last I checked it seemed dead.
Not every disc has chapter names inside. I have seen it first at Gitlab in the bug tracker for MKVToolNix. Then I looked into the BD specs and saw it. I plan for chapterEditor the same feature.
Old 18th November 2019, 15:36   #71  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

I'm not aware of any chapter names stored in the MPLS file. What did you see in the BD spec?

I am whipping up a GUI for DGDemux. To advance this I have added a '-l path' option to DGDemux that redirects output to a file. The GUI will use that to receive DGDemux output.

I think the -demux option currently must be at the end of the command line. That will be fixed in the next version.

Last edited by videoh; 18th November 2019 at 15:38.
Old 18th November 2019, 15:55   #72  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
I'm not aware of any chapter names stored in the MPLS file. What did you see in the BD spec?
Yes the chapter names aren't stored in the mpls file. For each mpls file yon can find(if exists) a file called

tnmt_yyy_xxxxx.xml with this format. yyy = 3-letter language code, xxxxx = is the same number from the mpls

You can have multiple language files for each mpls.
This files are stored in the META/TN folder.
The best chapter format to preserve all chapter names for all languages are the Matroska chapters.

Quote:
I think the -demux option currently must be at the end of the command line. That will be fixed in the next version.
A small hint: As I wrote my hSplit cli tool it was the best when the input source is the last parameter.
With this is it possible to use hSplit with some Windows features like "SendTo" or "Open with".
Now could a user do a right click on the BD folder and can demux the BD with one click more.
"SendTo" adds all selected folders/files to an existing command-line at the end.
Old 18th November 2019, 18:13   #73  |  Link
redbtn

I noticed that "DGDemux -i L:\DEMUX\BONUS_DISK\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00800.mpls -o NAME" demuxing in current folder where cmd running from. So, it's what i wanted, thank you!

PS: I thought that eac3to and DGDemux video output should be identical, and two disks I checked before, it was (output is different, but after mux>demux to *.avc or *.hevc they had identical md5) , but I found the disk (common bluray, not uhd) where video output a little different. After mux to MKV they have 127 bytes difference in size and 3 different frames. Unfortunately I can't understand what the difference in frames.

I used this for searching different frames

Quote:
ffmpeg -i "input-1.mkv" -i "input-2.mkv" -filter_complex "[0:v][1:v]psnr="stats_file=psnr.log" [out]" -map [out] -f rawvideo -y /NUL
After this i got 3 different frames, and i used this, but i can't see the difference.

Quote:
diffa = core.std.MakeDiff(clip1, clip2, planes=[0,1,2])
diffb = core.std.Levels(diffa, min_in=127, max_in=129, gamma=1, min_out=0, max_out=255, planes=[0,1,2])
diffb.set_output()
And it's a little weird because it's the middle of the first of six *.m2ts files in playlist, so there shouldn't be any differences. I don't think it's a DGDemux problem, I just find it weird.

Last edited by redbtn; 18th November 2019 at 19:32.
redbtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2019, 19:34   #74  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

@redbtn/hubblec4

Thank you for the reports. I will address them later.

@all

I just completed demuxing of TERMINATOR_2 through my new GUI (took 4 hours to make using win32 API). Still have a lot of cleanup, but I want to get this out before addressing the other matters.

Last edited by videoh; 18th November 2019 at 19:58.
Old 18th November 2019, 19:38   #75  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

great news videoh. thank you
Old 18th November 2019, 19:38   #76  |  Link
redbtn

Nice! It will be interesting to see GUI. Thank you videoh for your work!
redbtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2019, 19:57   #77  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

You're welcome guys.

BTW, there are legit reasons for video demux output to differ from eac3to. I'll go into that more later.
Old 19th November 2019, 00:49   #78  |  Link
mini-moose

Quote:
When I try to mux such mpls with a very short last m2ts file, MKVToolnix fails. So I think such m2ts files are bad/unnecessary.
I didn't know that. I will try it if I find a disc with one.
What sort of error does it give?
Does MakeMKV fail with that too?
I like mkvtoolnix mpls handling of garbage left on m2ts which makemkv doesn't handle.

Is there a replacement for Chapters DB?
Quote:
Yes the chapter names aren't stored in the mpls file. For each mpls file yon can find(if exists) a file called
tnmt_yyy_xxxxx.xml with this format. yyy = 3-letter language code, xxxxx = is the same number from the mpls
This files are stored in the META/TN folder.
Don't think I ever noticed such a folder, but then again I never look there. It seems to usually have a folder called DL there.

Last edited by mini-moose; 19th November 2019 at 00:51.
mini-moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2019, 01:11   #79  |  Link
hubblec4
Matroska find' ich toll

Quote:
I didn't know that. I will try it if I find a disc with one.
Most disc with a menu where a video plays have such mpls.

Quote:
What sort of error does it give?
There is no error. In the mpls is the corresponding m2ts multiple times used and MKVToolNix appends this again and again. This is fill correct but not really useful. chapterEditor handles such mpls and use the m2ts file only once. The chapters can be simple, only for that one m2ts file or you can use ordered chapters which repeats the content of the m2ts multiple times.

Quote:
Does MakeMKV fail with that too?
I don't know.

Quote:
I like mkvtoolnix mpls handling of garbage left on m2ts which makemkv doesn't handle.
MKVToolNix is OK but some features are missing -> Angles for example or multi Editions.

Quote:
Is there a replacement for Chapters DB?
My chapterEditor has a chapters DB on board.

Quote:
Don't think I ever noticed such a folder, but then again I never look there. It seems to usually have a folder called DL there.
ES is also a folder, but mostly this folders are empty or not present.
Old 19th November 2019, 03:18   #80  |  Link
videoh
Useful n00b

You're going to get skip last and skip duplicates functionality. In good time.

The TN directory is empty on all my rips, so I am not going to do anything about chapter names.