Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 22nd June 2018, 12:51   #27461  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
Originally Posted by geheim View Post
Are there any news about UHD support?? Are you still working on implementing it??
I wish jdobbs implemented that feature. Importing HDR content would be very useful as well. x265 should be fed with the correct HDR data that is read out correctly from the source otherwise the output may be unusable.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2018, 14:10   #27462  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by geheim View Post
Are there any news about UHD support?? Are you still working on implementing it??
Sure... if I can ever get it to work. Most of the problems seem to be associated with TSMUXER and the way it handle UHD/HDR. I'm not sure it is ever going to work properly as I've been trying different things for some time now. If you fix X you run into problem Y. If you find a way to get around Y, you run into problem Z. Try to fix Z... and you see X again. Repeat.

Last edited by jdobbs; 22nd June 2018 at 14:13.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2018, 11:17   #27463  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotswood View Post
How 'bout LOTR Return of the King Extended Edition Disc 2. BDRB won't process this one claiming it's not a valid blu-ray format. I just tried it again and am now getting the Master toolkit errors 2503 and 2603 as well...
Hi spotswood,

no problems here with any LOTR Bluray (incl. ROTK Extended Edition discs). What does BDInfo say about this disk? I recommend to re-rip it.
I have also seen Master Toolkit Errors now and then, but cleaning the working path and restart DBRB from scratch always fixed them. Be sure not to have a subtitle file open in a program such as BDSup2Sup(++) when BDRB scans them.

ggtop

Last edited by ggtop; 24th June 2018 at 11:21.
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2018, 13:18   #27464  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtop View Post
I think I found a bug in the forced-sub-extraction-routine.
I'm doing alternate output into mp4 container.

First my understanding how it is designed:
During extraction step all sub tracks are demuxed. If FORCED_SUB_LANG (DEU;GER in my case) is set this or these sub streams are scanned for forced subs following this order and stream number down.
If forced subs are found they'll be put into the 9999 stream. And these come only from 1(!) stream.

Now I have a multipart source (Hancock) which has unfortunately forced subs in 2 GER subs streams (normal & director's comments). I think that's legal because always one is hidden in two different playlists. But that is not respected by BDRB (good idea btw).
Obviously the same approach as above takes place here. On each part of the multipart source the subs are scanned and the forced ones are extracted.
But in some parts the normal stream has no forced subs, but the director's comments has and those are now in the 9999 file.

A possible solution could be to remember the sub stream number from the first part where ALL forced subs were extracted to a 9999 file and to use only this stream for searching forced subs or to disable a stream completely from the stream tab. While writing I think the latter is a bad idea because I don't know if I need to keep a track before BDRD demuxed it and I can analyse it.

I hope you could follow my attempt to explain it.

If case you have an idea for a workaround I'm also fine with it as it seems to be a very rare case.
Quoting myself...

I found a work around by creating a full backup with no compression and unticking the subtiltle stream that caused problems. Afterwards I created an alternate output from that.

ggtop
Old 24th June 2018, 23:00   #27465  |  Link
spotswood

Lotr rotk ext d2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I have updated the first post of this thread with a link to an updated release of BD-RB (v0.40.10). Changes for this release include: Corrected an issue related to unusual MPLS files
that could result in "SourceCheck() 00006 2501" at
program startup or during scanning.
Quote:
Just following up on a recent problem I'm having opening the above mentioned disc. Did a little more digging and found a similar problem was fixed a while back in the version above. I have noticed that BDRB will open the disc in movie only mode but not in full backup or movie & menus mode. Another member was asked to send their .mpls files for another disc with a similar problem. If you like I can do the same, let me know. Thanks for any help/suggestions!
Quote:
If you send me a PM with a link, I'll download it and see what I can find.
Can I zip up and email the .mpls files to the address I just made the dontation to? FYI, I've tried re-ripping and opening/scanning the disc directly from the drive in BDRB but still no luck...
spotswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2018, 20:07   #27466  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
I've tried re-ripping and opening/scanning the disc directly from the drive in BDRB but still no luck...
Hi spotswood, I just tried the same and BDRB reports error 2603 ScanDirectory() 00006 2603 followed by 2701 BuildTreeList() 00009 2701. It does only happen if mode is set to "Full Backup" or "Movie & Menus" as you wrote. Normally my setting is "Movie-Only". Therefore it did not happen for me.

@ jdobbs: Anything I/we could try before you buy discs you are (edit) NOT interessted in. Also tried 0.50.24 I still had on my HDD.

ggtop

Last edited by ggtop; 26th June 2018 at 20:05.
Old 26th June 2018, 12:41   #27467  |  Link
Mark_Venture

Quote:
That is an error report from DGDECNV. You can make it go away by opening that program and telling it to ignore that condition.
Cool. Thank you!
Mark_Venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2018, 20:38   #27468  |  Link
MrVideo

File not found/permission denied errors

I've been getting the following errors with my Win7 piece of crap system:
Code:
Run-time error '53':
File not found

Run-time error '70':
Permission denied
It would be great if BDRB would wait a second, then retry what it was trying to do. Five attempts max before really bailing.

And no, it doesn't fail at the same point in the run.

Thanks.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2018, 01:41   #27469  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post

I've been thinking about buying one of those Win7 Piece of Crap systems, but I've been waiting for some solid reviews first...

(written from my Piece of Crap Win8 System)
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2018, 04:43   #27470  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
I've been thinking about buying one of those Win7 Piece of Crap systems, but I've been waiting for some solid reviews first...
I assemble all of my own systems. I do not buy pre-packaged hardware/software. In this case, I think the motherboard is at fault. It is an ASUS Crosshair AMD mobo. I only do AMD processors. Stupid thing is that ASUS has respect in the mobo making industry. So, I do not know why this one is giving me issues.
Old 27th June 2018, 05:06   #27471  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
I assemble all of my own systems. I do not buy pre-packaged hardware/software. In this case, I think the motherboard is at fault. It is an ASUS Crosshair AMD mobo. I only do AMD processors. Stupid thing is that ASUS has respect in the mobo making industry. So, I do not know why this one is giving me issues.
Actually, I go ASUS & AMD also
Old 27th June 2018, 05:11   #27472  |  Link
Lathe

You know, now that you mention it, I think you are right about your MOBO... The @sshair series has had some troubles. I think it was because of questionable building materials...
Old 27th June 2018, 05:29   #27473  |  Link
MrVideo

I'm running a Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P for the Linux box and that box has been extremely stable. Ebay/Newegg has the GA-970A-DS3P for $70. I can transfer all of the stuff in the ASUS mobo to the Gigabyte.

Nice to know about the ASUS issue with the Crosshair IV series. The Gigabyte also has separate connectors for the keyboard and rodent, which allows for better connection to my 8-port KVM switch.

I think I'll grab one of those mobos. Thanks for the ASUS input.
Old 27th June 2018, 11:55   #27474  |  Link
MrVideo

MOVIE-ONLY Mode problem

I have a disc that I am creating from M2TS files that I created that have H.264 video, a DTS audio stream, a AC3 audio stream and 2 subtitle streams.

The first portion of the run that creates the BDMV structure with a menu works to completion. But because the video files are too large to fit onto a BD25, I then clicked on BACKUP. Here is the log file:
Code:
[04:27:53] Importing: VIDEO-S2
- [04:28:00] Importing video file: (1 of 5)
  - Preparing M2TS for processing...
  - Collecting audio/video streams from source...
  - Integrating into pseudo-BD structure...
- [04:37:39] Importing video file: (2 of 5)
- [04:45:43] Importing video file: (3 of 5)
- [04:54:37] Importing video file: (4 of 5)
- [05:06:04] Importing video file: (5 of 5)
- [05:15:06] Creating Quick-Play Menu...
   - Encoding menu background...
   - Building menu structure...
[05:15:56] Video import completed successfully.
----------------------
[06/27/18] BD Rebuilder v0.50.25
[05:16:04] Source:  VIDEO-S2_00004
  - Input BD size: 7.87 GB
  - Approximate total content: [01:13:05.881]
  - Target BD size: 22.95 GB
  - Windows Version: 5.2 [3790]
  - MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
  - Quality: High Quality (Default), Two Pass
  - Decoding/Frame serving: X264/LAVF
  - Audio Settings: AC3=0 DTS=0 HD=1 Kbs=640
[05:16:04] PHASE ONE, Encoding
 - [05:16:04] Processing: VID_00004 (1 of 1)
 - [05:16:04] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00004]
 - [05:19:14] Reencoding video [VID_00004]
   - Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
   - Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 105,156 frames
   - Bitrate: 35,000 Kbs
 - [05:19:14] Reencoding: VID_00004, Pass 1 of 2
[05:39:09]PHASE ONE aborted by user request
Notice that it says: MOVIE-ONLY mode enabled
But, Full Backup is selected under the Mode menu pulldown. How can I turn off Movie-Only mode that is already off? My final output just needs the video recoded so that the five video files fit on the disc and the other streams (both audios and sub-titles) are left intact.

UPDATE: I did a test with a previous job and it did not do Movie-Only mode. I went back to the problem job and turned on Movie-Only mode, only using a couple of the files. It went into Movie-Only mode. I aborted and changed the mode to Full Backup and clicked on Backup. No Movie-Only mode. WTF? But, it still was not keeping both audio streams. I went looking and it seems that AUDIO_TRACK_LIMIT=1 needs to be change. Doing so did the trick.

Am I going to have to cycle the Movie-Only mode to get it to work? Or was there something that needed a kick-in-the-butt?

Last edited by MrVideo; 27th June 2018 at 12:42.
Old 27th June 2018, 20:24   #27475  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
File not found/permission denied errors

Code:
Run-time error '53':
File not found

Run-time error '70':
Permission denied
It would be great if BDRB would wait a second, then retry what it was trying to do. Five attempts max before really bailing.

And no, it doesn't fail at the same point in the run.

Thanks.
It depends on where the error happens and how likely that error is... but it retries in many error common conditions. There's not much it can do about permission errors, though. Permissions are set outside of BD-RB.
Old 27th June 2018, 20:26   #27476  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post

(written from my Piece of Crap Win8 System)
I always had good luck with Win7. But all my systems are on Windows 10 now. On all but one of my computers I skipped right over the entire Win8 series. There were too many issues on the first Win8 releases (although I understand they got better later).

I've been using ASUS for a long time too. I've had good luck with those too. Right now two of my four machines are running on ASUS motherboards (they are admittedly older models, though).

Last edited by jdobbs; 27th June 2018 at 20:30.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2018, 20:29   #27477  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
I always had good luck with Win7. But all my systems are on Windows 10 now. On all but one of my computers I skipped right over the entire Win8 series. There were too many issues on the first Win8 releases (although I understand they got better later).

I've been using ASUS for a long time too. I've had good luck with those too. Right now two of my four machines are running on ASUS motherboards.
Good to know Boss, thanks!
Old 27th June 2018, 22:15   #27478  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
There's not much it can do about permission errors, though. Permissions are set outside of BD-RB.
Correct. But, in the situations that BDRB is running into, they are false positives. I'll bet a retry will result in the error not happening again for the same request. If there was a real problem, BDRB would run into it each and every time the run was done. In these cases, they occur at different points in the run.

I'm hoping that the problem will be solved with a different mobo.
Old 27th June 2018, 22:20   #27479  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
I've been using ASUS for a long time too. I've had good luck with those too.
But not the Crosshair IV models. When I first used it I had issues. Then I took it out of service. I thought I would save money when I put it back into service. Not so much.
Old 28th June 2018, 14:07   #27480  |  Link
MrVideo

Question about menu item text placement

What is the leading, in pixels, from one menu item line to the next, within a 1080 menu?

Thanks.