Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Programming and Hacking > Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7th February 2021, 13:58   #1  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Binary compiled by ICL 2021 doesn't work on XP

I'm trying to compile MediaInfo with the latest "2021" version of the Intel C++ compiler. For whatever reason, the Intel C++ compiler now seems to be called "oneAPI DPC++ Compiler" and all traces of the normal Intel C++ compiler have vanished from their web-site. But that's not the problem. Except for that fact that the "/Qax" option has disappeared - which was the outstanding feature of Intel C++ compiler - it seems to work as usual

However, I noticed that the binary created by ICL 2021 doesn't work on Windows XP:

(works fine on my Windows 10 though)

The binary was compiled with VS2017, the "v141_xp" Toolset and the /MT option, so should be compatible with Windows XP.

Also, the binary was linked fully static. It think it definitely is not a missing dependency issue:

(If it was a missing DLL or a missing entry point problem,then Windows also would give a different error message, I think)

The NT header of the binary created by ICL 2021 looks as expected to me.

Operating system version and sub-system both are set to "5.1", i.e. Windows XP, which should be fine:

Trying to run the binary in WinDbg gives the following error (Win32 error 14001):

Win32 error 14001 is:
Quote:
14001 (0x36B1)
The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.
Any ideas what is going on here

Last edited by LoRd_MuldeR; 7th February 2021 at 18:15.
LoRd_MuldeR is offline   Reply With Quote