Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 9th August 2007, 14:19   #21  |  Link
GrofLuigi
Member of a Library

How much does this build differ from Casimir666's Homecinema build? I.e. how many of the patches are different, is there any modified behaviour... ?

I read the changelogs, but don't understand much

*** edit *** I guess, what I wanted to ask, is which build could be considered more 'up to date'.

GL

Last edited by GrofLuigi; 9th August 2007 at 14:36.
GrofLuigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 14:48   #22  |  Link
clsid

My build just has some updated libs and a few small patches to fix some bugs. Homecinema has new functionality, mainly related to the renderers. If you have fullscreen tearing problems or want to use the EVR render, use Homecinema. Otherwise use mine.
Old 9th August 2007, 14:51   #23  |  Link
thuan

I know that. I've installed that already. The problem is the oldest one in the latest August DirectX is d3dx9_24.dll.
thuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 14:57   #24  |  Link
clsid

Each DirectX SDK contains a new d3dx9_xx.dll file. I could update to the latest SDK (august 2007), but that would mean that everyone would need to update to the latest version of DirectX. What should I do?

Btw, next build will have two new shaders. A levels converter (16-235 to 0-255) and a nightvision effect. If anyone has written some cool shaders, post them here, and I can add them.
Old 9th August 2007, 15:37   #25  |  Link
LoRd_MuldeR
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
What should I do?
Maybe put the required d3dx9_xx.dll for every build into the RAR file !?
Old 10th August 2007, 01:12   #26  |  Link
thuan

Updating to latest DirectX SDK is ok I think. As finding new software is easier than finding ancient one. For ppl who don't want to update their DirectX (for whatever reason) you can just upload the needed d3dx9_??.dll to any file upload service like your MPC.

Last edited by thuan; 10th August 2007 at 01:19.
Old 10th August 2007, 01:56   #27  |  Link
Kado
Otaku

I think the homecinema version has that file inside the rar file.
Old 10th August 2007, 06:27   #28  |  Link
burfadel

Manually putting the ddx9_??.dll file into the archive for distribution is actually wrong...! lol, it would work for the given Windows version, but not for other versrions of Windows. For example, if you are running xp x64, or vista 32, or vista 64, it might actually stop the program from running properly. Might I also add that doesn't it violate the Microsoft licence agreement to distribute single files instead of the redistributable?... It would be far better to have a link to the Microsoft Directx page for the web installer. Afterall, the web installer is actually quite small. The first time you might require 6mb of download etc. but then every 2 months when it comes out the download is quite tiny... it makes better sense and you don't run in to OS compatibility problems or licensing problems
burfadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 08:44   #29  |  Link
Leak
ffdshow/AviSynth wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by burfadel View Post
It would be far better to have a link to the Microsoft Directx page for the web installer. Afterall, the web installer is actually quite small. The first time you might require 6mb of download etc. but then every 2 months when it comes out the download is quite tiny... it makes better sense and you don't run in to OS compatibility problems or licensing problems
Seconded. To quote the download page:

Quote:
The DirectX end-user installation includes all the latest and previous released DirectX runtime. This includes the bi-monthly D3DX, XInput, and Managed DirectX components.
How about adding a link to that in the Help menu?
Old 10th August 2007, 08:50   #30  |  Link
Schrade

I have another request.. up the version number or at least put a build or date in the Help -> About menu so we can tell what version we have.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 10:52   #31  |  Link
thuan

Quote:
Originally Posted by burfadel View Post
Manually putting the ddx9_??.dll file into the archive for distribution is actually wrong...! lol, it would work for the given Windows version, but not for other versrions of Windows. For example, if you are running xp x64, or vista 32, or vista 64, it might actually stop the program from running properly. Might I also add that doesn't it violate the Microsoft licence agreement to distribute single files instead of the redistributable?... It would be far better to have a link to the Microsoft Directx page for the web installer. Afterall, the web installer is actually quite small. The first time you might require 6mb of download etc. but then every 2 months when it comes out the download is quite tiny... it makes better sense and you don't run in to OS compatibility problems or licensing problems
Well if the required file was in the latest DX update then I wouldn't have any problem, and I would 2nded what you said too.

But for whatever reason (I have to repeat what I said in my previous post) d3dx9_22.dll is not in the latest DX update despite what MS said.

As for license issue, please enlighten me any part that specific so. I know some games that bundles DX file in them (e.g. s.t.a.l.k.e.r with d3dx31.dll somewhere in the bin folder).
Old 10th August 2007, 14:31   #32  |  Link
JimmyZ

haali render always fails while playing dvd, MPC said: "DVD: Macrovision fail"

i assumed it is a haali issue, but seems some one got it working with DVD in this thread
JimmyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 14:53   #33  |  Link
kurt
sidekick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyZ View Post
haali render always fails while playing dvd, MPC said: "DVD: Macrovision fail"
confirmed, but it works if you disable the build_in mpeg2 decoder and use ffdshow's libmpeg2 instead.

casimir's build fails also...
Old 10th August 2007, 15:14   #34  |  Link
GrofLuigi
Member of a Library

Well what do you know, I always keep my DX updated and I thought this doesn't affect me. But I just checked and indeed there is no 22 dll, just 24 and higher.
I haven't stumbled into any problems since I don't use pixel shaders, but I think this issue should be addressed (compile against other dll)?

GL
GrofLuigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 15:52   #35  |  Link
clsid

I will use the latest DirectX SDK for next build. I'll also upload the required DLL.
Old 10th August 2007, 18:58   #36  |  Link
JimmyZ

but ffdshow also fails in my practice, maybe my ffdshow is outdated, well, i'll take another try, thx kurt

and i prefer the internal mped2 decoder, it has a convenient color space fix preset, while i'm not quite sure how to set ffdshow's "picture properties" filter to do a proper color space fix, and ffdshow's dvd decoding checkbox is still labeled "not working yet" while it's actually, working.

waiting for the upcoming build for the pixel shader color space convertor

hope my previous post didn't look like blame, i really like this refresh build, thx clsid! maybe you should contact gabest for the official sf svn access? or a new project like mpc-hc?
JimmyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 19:19   #37  |  Link
clsid

New build is up.

I am not doing any real development here, so I don't see a need for a new project. I don't have any plans for further changes, so this is the last build for now. Of course, if any worthwhile new patches appear, a fresh build shall be made.
Old 10th August 2007, 20:07   #38  |  Link
burfadel

I thought it was the _29 version that was common in the latest mplayerc builds? What function requires _22?
burfadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 20:51   #39  |  Link
clsid

The shaders is the only functionality that need the dll. The number depends on which version of the DirectX SDK is used during compilation.
Old 10th August 2007, 21:15   #40  |  Link
Waleska

Make a copy of your latest d3dx9_ and place it into the same folder (system32), then rename to d3dx9_22.dll. Problem solved
Waleska is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
media player classic, mpc, vsfilter