Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 25th March 2009, 13:06   #4561  |  Link
meatwad

Completely understandable. Hopefully someone else who uses the tools also uses RipBot264 and knows how to get around the issues I mentioned previously.
meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 18:12   #4562  |  Link
mackworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by topsham View Post
I second that. That would be brilliant.
Indeed it would. I try to make files that play on all my apple stuff, and having aac and ac3 would make it perfect.
mackworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 20:21   #4563  |  Link
blammo

The last couple of times I tried using RipBot, I ran into a problem. (It's been a while since I used it, forgive me if I'm vague)...after the menu where you choose the video and the audio, and all that, and RipBot starts analyzing, a message pops up and says something about there being no audio. The first time this happened, I restarted my computer and ran RipBot again and I didn't get the error. The last time I ran into this problem, I tried restarting, but the problem persisted each time. The movie was Eagle Eye.

Also, I have done 3 successful rips...Hellboy 2 converted to 1280 x 720 went from 26gb from the original file down to 4.8gb. Open Season 2 converted to 1280 x 720 went from 21gb from the original down to 2.xgb. Both took between 8 ~ 10hrs. However, The Italian Job took about 24 hrs. and went from around 20-something gb down to only 18gb. Why was this movie different? Is it because The Italian Job was an MPEG-2 bluray?
blammo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 20:50   #4564  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
a message pops up and says something about there being no audio.
I need exact text

Quote:
Also, I have done 3 successful rips...Hellboy 2 converted to 1280 x 720 went from 26gb from the original file down to 4.8gb. Open Season 2 converted to 1280 x 720 went from 21gb from the original down to 2.xgb. Both took between 8 ~ 10hrs. However, The Italian Job took about 24 hrs. and went from around 20-something gb down to only 18gb. Why was this movie different? Is it because The Italian Job was an MPEG-2 bluray?
Some movies have more static scenes (less data to compress=smaller size) than others.
Atak_Snajpera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 22:45   #4565  |  Link
conc@n8
Registered Loser

Hello, Atak

(my first post) I've been using ripbot264 for a few weeks now. It's easy to use and simplifies the many tasks I used to do manually with avisynth, eac3to, tsmuxer, etc.

While ripping/demuxing BD titles with and without your tool, I've had several instances of A/V sync loss and/or unknown delay values. How do you go about finding the audio delay value, other than trial and error? Sometime MediaInfo will report a delay value, other times it will not. Often the reported delay value is wrong. Sometimes I think I've found the right value, and after the process is done, the sync if off again. Sometimes ripbot's analysis via eac3to will report the file being 60000/1001 while MediaInfo says it's 29.970. Which one is right? I have many, many questions, but that's enough for now. Thank you.
conc@n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 09:04   #4566  |  Link
jhmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoju3508 View Post
Your mkv files have to be 1920x1080 or 1280x720.
Thanks that was my problem once formatted to standard HD res the movies play fine...
jhmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 09:07   #4567  |  Link
jhmac

@Atak

Have you thought about adding BDSup2Sub to RipBot264 package? This would be great addition if it can be done...

Thanks
jhmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 12:43   #4568  |  Link
dbone1026

This may or may not be a Ripbot issue, but thought I would post incase anyone has some insight. My desktop PC is Vista x32 w/Quad Core CPU. I have been using Ripbot for quite some time now to convert my Blu Ray/HD DVDs into 8GB mkvs. My settings are Profile 4.0, 2Pass, 8150MB Size Lock, and original audio. This has always taken me approx 10-12 hours to do a conversion (about 2 hours on the 1st pass and 8-10 hours on the 2nd pass) and the mkvs have always been flawless (hats off to atak).

I just recently did a clean reinstall of Vista x32 on my PC. I reinstalled the latest version of ffdshow tryouts, avisynth, and Haali. Using the same settings as before on Ripbot for a Blu Ray movie, it took me about twice as long to do (about 4 hours on 1st pass and nearly 20 hours on 2nd pass). Once the mkv was complete, I tested out the movie. There is now a green line along the entire bottom of the movie. Also, the picture looks all messed up, where there is a reflection of everything.

A couple other weird things are now happening. Now, none of my mkvs play properly in MPC-HC or WMP, they are either pixelated or out of sync. Yet when I play the same mkvs in Vista Media Center or SageTV that look and play perfect. Any clue what is going on, Ripbot is obviously telling me something is wrong...
dbone1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 13:24   #4569  |  Link
greggerm

I'd like to "third" the enhancement request put forward by Blobbyblob and Mary H...
Quote:
A small request please .. could you make the chatacters on the bottom that show the progress of the encode a different colour. I find that with my old eyes a little more contrast helps a lot.
With the white-on-light blue, I've found myself having to move my head around the monitor to get the right angle on the LCD screen to see the progress indicator. Adjusting the text to a darker blue, perhaps slate color would probably keep within the color schemes of the program while affording better readability.

Otherwise, Ripbot is working great so far!
greggerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 14:23   #4570  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Have you thought about adding BDSup2Sub to RipBot264 package? This would be great addition if it can be done...
Why do you need this? Besides BDSup2Sub requires Java installed

Quote:
I just recently did a clean reinstall of Vista x32 on my PC. I reinstalled the latest version of ffdshow tryouts, avisynth, and Haali. Using the same settings as before on Ripbot for a Blu Ray movie, it took me about twice as long to do (about 4 hours on 1st pass and nearly 20 hours on 2nd pass). Once the mkv was complete, I tested out the movie. There is now a green line along the entire bottom of the movie. Also, the picture looks all messed up, where there is a reflection of everything.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect that your source is VC-1. Try to disable or enable VC-1 decoding in FFDshow. It looks like decoder problem. It would be easier if you could send me 50MB sample. Use DGSplit and www.mediafire.com

Quote:
A couple other weird things are now happening. Now, none of my mkvs play properly in MPC-HC
Do you have internal decoders enabled in MPC-HC or disabled? (I prefer decoding via FFDshow+Haali instead of internal filters)

Quote:
With the white-on-light blue, I've found myself having to move my head around the monitor to get the right angle on the LCD screen to see the progress indicator. Adjusting the text to a darker blue, perhaps slate color would probably keep within the color schemes of the program while affording better readability.
Ok. I will use dark grey/blue next time. However I have two a questions. is Your monitor gloss or mat? Do you use DVI or VGA cable?
I have no problems to read white letters on blue background. I have mat LCD connected via DVI cable.

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 26th March 2009 at 14:40.
Old 26th March 2009, 14:45   #4571  |  Link
dbone1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect that your source is VC-1. Try to disable or enable VC-1 decoding in FFDshow. It looks like decoder problem. It would be easier if you could send me 50MB sample. Use DGSplit and [url]www.mediafire.com[/url

Do you have internal decoders enabled in MPC-HC or disabled? (I prefer decoding via FFDshow+Haali instead of internal filters).
Yes, the movie is VC-1. When I installed FFDShow when it asks for the video formats to decode with ffdshow I unchecked H.264/AVC and VC-1. I then registered MPC Video Decoder so I could get hardware acceleration when watching my movies in VMC/SageTV.

I am at work right now, I might be able to remote in to my server so I can get you over a sample of the mkv. If not I will send it over later today. Thanks atak.
Old 26th March 2009, 15:30   #4572  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
When I installed FFDShow when it asks for the video formats to decode with ffdshow I unchecked H.264/AVC and VC-1. I then registered MPC Video Decoder so I could get hardware acceleration when watching my movies in VMC/SageTV.
Unregister MPC Video Decoder and enable software decoders in ffdshow
Old 26th March 2009, 15:31   #4573  |  Link
greggerm

Atak - thanks for the consideration on the font colors!

I use a matte LCD attached via DVI as well. With the correct angle, I can see the text OK... however if there is any hint of glare (which is diffuse due to the matte screen), or if the LCD isn't at the 100% perfect angle to my eyes, the text becomes a challenging to read. The light background blue (and the underlying texture) conspire to make it tough to read sometimes.

Again, thanks.
-Greg
greggerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 15:47   #4574  |  Link
dbone1026

Quote:
Unregister MPC Video Decoder and enable software decoders in ffdshow
Thanks, I will give that a try
Old 26th March 2009, 23:29   #4575  |  Link
bigggt

dbone1026

does it look like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigggt View Post
I am trying to do saw 3 blu-ray with the newest version of Ripbot and i get this

I tried with ripbot 1.11.5 and it worked perfect

I know its something on my system but have no idea what it is, i have tried different versions of ffdshow with the same result

i don't think it has anything to do with ffdshow because the same version works with ripbot 1.11.5.

Maybe something to do with avs2yuv.exe?

thanks
if it does i don't have a solution ,but for me i had to stop using the 64bit version of x264
Old 27th March 2009, 01:10   #4576  |  Link
dbone1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigggt View Post
dbone1026

does it look like this

if it does i don't have a solution ,but for me i had to stop using the 64bit version of x264
Yeah, that is similar to what my picture looks like, but I am running x32, not x64
Old 27th March 2009, 01:47   #4577  |  Link
dbone1026

Quote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I suspect that your source is VC-1. Try to disable or enable VC-1 decoding in FFDshow. It looks like decoder problem. It would be easier if you could send me 50MB sample. Use DGSplit and www.mediafire.com
Atak - created the 50MB file, I am sending you a PM in 2 minutes with the link
Old 28th March 2009, 20:03   #4578  |  Link
nugmebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by blammo View Post
The last couple of times I tried using RipBot, I ran into a problem. (It's been a while since I used it, forgive me if I'm vague)...after the menu where you choose the video and the audio, and all that, and RipBot starts analyzing, a message pops up and says something about there being no audio.
Something similar is also happening to me with the film The Dark Knight I get the following error

Code:
Script error: DirectShowSource does not have a named argument "audio"
(C:\temp\RipBot264temp\job1\getinfo.avs, line 2)
I'm running Ripbot on vista 64 bit but I don't know if that makes any difference? I'm also in the process of ripping the film to my hard drive an then using Ripbot to see if that works and next I will try a different film

PS: Is there a log file anywhere?

Thanks In Advance!
Old 28th March 2009, 21:22   #4579  |  Link
nugmebot

Just an update from my last post I've tried 2 other blue-ray titles and I have tried ripping the whole film to my PC but I still get the same error....What am I doing wrong?
Old 28th March 2009, 21:27   #4580  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

1) Uninstall AviSynth
2) Reboot
3) Install AviSynth 2.5.8 (http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=650255)

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360