Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > Forum / Site Suggestions & Help

Old 26th November 2018, 17:04   #1  |  Link
stormy1777

session timeout: back arrow erases entered text

Hi,

Was in a thread loaded in FF56 tab, say this one:

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1858402

enter a reply, after few lines decide to "go advanced" (or submit reply), and boom get this new page:

Code:
vBulletin Message

Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.
That's fine/fair, however, pressing BACK button results in all the entered text thus far to simply VANISH.. this happened several times.. although i totally respect timeouts of sessions, the request/question is how can we/I/you modify anything to PRESERVE the already entered text in such a failure/situation..

Maybe the error should appear as a POP UP, instead of a NEW page?

Thanks much... I can't describe the feeling of a lot of new/fresh text/reply vanish, not fun , which promoted me to arrive to this place

Stormy.
stormy1777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2018, 17:20   #2  |  Link
stormy1777

Actually, it seems that particular TAB, even F5 to reload, still gets that error, while other tabs in the same browser/window are posting OK, like this very reply so, maybe the reload/f5 could be improved somehow...
Old 26th November 2018, 21:45   #3  |  Link
stormy1777

wow, something changed, I got that error but it did not open a new page, the error appears on the SAME page, which is awesome, one can copy/paste, then F5, but still F5 did not clear it, had to remove the thread "hash" at the end, i.e. this part "#post1858421", then it reloaded properly and allowed posting.
Old 27th November 2018, 10:39   #4  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Thank you HolyWu, TextAreaCache seem to work quite nicely (W7[FFox62.0] & WXP[FFox52.0ESR]).

Will save my bacon for sure, one day

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2018, 16:57   #5  |  Link
stormy1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyWu View Post
I'd like to recommend the Textarea Cache extension, which is quite handy for this situation.
Lovely tool, already helped on another website/situation, that's being big brother on yourself Thanks!!
Old 27th November 2018, 18:01   #6  |  Link
stormy1777

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy1777 View Post
wow, something changed, I got that error but it did not open a new page, the error appears on the SAME page
I don't think anything changed (yet) on the website, it just depends on which BUTTON is pressed, some of them open a new page with the error and others show it on the same page, I'm not sure of the reasoning, but that's what it seems like, so definitely that plugin will save the day sooner or later.

Definitely, I'm a ctrl-A/ctrl-C type person (not anymore due to the addon), but, it was not always done, and hence got zapped once in a while until it was too many then came here

Stormy..