Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 13th October 2022, 09:19   #1901  |  Link
musiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
Within NVENCC v0.10.7 (is this the latest version ??) it is possible to reencode the video and leave the audio intact. It would be nice to also have the ability to reencode the audio but keep the video intact.
Another reminder of my request
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2022, 14:04   #1902  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclover View Post
Just a reminder of my request
NVENCCRE uses NVENCC.exe to do the encode. Unfortunately that program has no option for intact video (at least in the versions I've tried).

I'd suggest you use ffmpeg (that's what NVENCC uses) to do the audio reencoding and keeping the video intact.

Last edited by jdobbs; 17th October 2022 at 14:07.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2022, 17:51   #1903  |  Link
jdobbs

@Light Sleeper

This thread is reserved for feature requests. Your post was a bug report and has been moved to that thread.
Old 25th October 2022, 09:54   #1904  |  Link
Hooman

Hi, the 3d of BD-RB simply doesn't work in (my) standalone and software blu-ray players, it'd be a real good feature to implement SSIF structure and something other than FRIM (with the help of frameserving to a third-party commercial mvc encoder, like the days of DoItFast4U and BatchCCEWS) . Re-authoring the whole 3d blu-ray disc in Scenarist-BD is very tedious.
Hooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2023, 17:26   #1905  |  Link
Lowpro

Selectable frame rate for menu background.

The "Quick-Play" feature appears to always encode the menu background at 23.976 fps. I'd like a hidden option added which provides for determining the frame rate to be used, i.e. 24, 25 or 30 fps instead for example.

Much of the content I author to Blu-ray is 1080p/24, not 1080p/23.976. I recently authored a TV series to Blu-ray for example, the episodes being in 1080p/24. In this case I didn't use BD Rebuilder to create the menu backgrounds as they would have been in 1080p/23.976. This would have resulted in my home theater receiver and display having to sync to the different frame rate every time the Blu-ray went back and forth between the Top Menu (23.976 fps) and given episode (24 fps). The signal is completely lost for a second or two as my equipment syncs to the new frame rate being used. The first couple seconds of audio and video have already elapsed as a result prior to the home theater receiver and display catching up to the Blu-ray player. It's quite disruptive and not at all the experience one would desire, especially if you're the one that took the time to author the content to Blu-ray. So in this case I encoded the menu backgrounds outside of BD Rebuilder instead, the resulting video being in 1080p/24, the transition from the Top Menu (24 fps) to given episode (24 fps) being seamless as my equipment isn't having to sync to a different frame rate. In any event, just thought I'd provide some background as to why I've suggested this BD Rebuilder feature enhancement. I can certainly continue working outside of BD Rebuilder when I need a menu background at 1080p/24. It sure would be sweet though if it were possible using BD Rebuilder instead.

Last edited by Lowpro; 2nd June 2023 at 03:41.
Lowpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2023, 20:56   #1906  |  Link
Weirdo

Probably something already asked (perhaps even by me, years ago) - sorry if that's case. I did search.

Along with "Blank this item", it'd be really helpful having a "pass-through this item" option i.e. include it in the final output as-is, with no re-encoding. Would mostly help with lower quality videos (bonus material in most cases, of course) that are best left untouched, or just favourite items.

I guess this could only apply to video, since audio options are already quite flexible in the Setup Dialog, and audio re-encoding is way less noticeable anyway.

(All the best to jdobbs)
Old 6th June 2023, 09:24   #1907  |  Link
musiclover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdo View Post
Probably something already asked (perhaps even by me, years ago) - sorry if that's case. I did search.

Along with "Blank this item", it'd be really helpful having a "pass-through this item" option i.e. include it in the final output as-is, with no re-encoding. Would mostly help with lower quality videos (bonus material in most cases, of course) that are best left untouched, or just favourite items.

I guess this could only apply to video, since audio options are already quite flexible in the Setup Dialog, and audio re-encoding is way less noticeable anyway.

(All the best to jdobbs)
I can see this working for audio as well
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2023, 00:04   #1908  |  Link
rostar99

Support for VCEEncC (AMD GPU hardware encoders)

Please consider implementing support for VCEEncC (AMD GPU hardware encoders) like those implemented for NVENC (Nvidia GPU hardware encoders).

Thank you
rostar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2024, 02:47   #1909  |  Link
DrinkLyeAndDie

With DGDecNV 252 now going 64-bit only that leaves BD-Rebuilder users being left using the 251 release. Is there any chance that we might see a 64-bit release of BD-Rebuilder? It'd be a shame to miss out on improved performance.

Quote:
* Increased frame serving performance by about 33% (measured for UHD content).
* Added a temporal mode to DGDenoise().
* Added integrated versions of DGDenoise(), DGHDRtoSDR(), and DGSharpen(). These
integrated versions adhere to the CUDASynth philosophy of not copying back to the
GPU in-between filters, so filter chains defined on the DGSource() invocation run
on the GPU and transfer the final result back to the CPU at the end of the chain.
This can significantly improve performance for large frame sizes due to reduction
of load on the PCIe bus. Additional filters will be added in future versions.
* The syntax for opening a media file directly with DGSource(), rather than a DGI file, now
allows for either not demuxing all streams or demuxing all streams.
* An AVX2 version of DGDecodeNV.dll is included for slightly better performance on machines that
support AVX2.
* The DGDecodeNV user manual was brought fully up-to-date. Refer to it for explanations
of all the changes mentioned above.
* 32-bit support was dropped. If you must have it, build 251 is the recourse for you.

Last edited by DrinkLyeAndDie; 15th March 2024 at 04:10.
DrinkLyeAndDie is offline   Reply With Quote