Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 29th March 2020, 21:12   #661  |  Link
justdan96

@arestarh: sorry but which language is your operating system in? I'm just trying to track down where the About issue is coming from.
justdan96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2020, 07:09   #662  |  Link
a5180007

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdan96 View Post
@arestarh: sorry but which language is your operating system in? I'm just trying to track down where the About issue is coming from.
@justdan96 my OS is Windows64 EnglishUS with EnglishUS locale, and I also have the empty About tab. I believe it is just a question of defining the English translation as the default in the GUI, and saving the selected language in the .ini file.
a5180007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2020, 08:45   #663  |  Link
arestarh

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdan96 View Post
@justdan96 my OS is Windows64 EnglishUS with ru-RU locale.
arestarh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2020, 22:18   #664  |  Link
a5180007

Two possible enhancements of tsMuxer for versions after 2.7.0:

1. TrueHD
Mpeg-ts is compatible with interleaved ac3/TrueHD frames. One solution to mux pure TrueHD would be to interleave empty 32kbit ac3 frames. Indeed not as good as transcoding an ac3+thd with eac3to, as the playing of the ac3 would be blank. Is it of any interest ?

2. Dolby Vision
Profile 7 dual tracks is supported by Blu-ray player SoCs only. For non-Blu-ray modes, tsMuxer could transmux those to profile 6 single track dual layer, deprecated but a priori compatible with most STB/TV SoCs. Is it of any interest ?
Old 31st March 2020, 00:07   #665  |  Link
imhh11

Quote:
Originally Posted by a5180007 View Post

1. TrueHD
Mpeg-ts is compatible with interleaved ac3/TrueHD frames. One solution to mux pure TrueHD would be to interleave empty 32kbit ac3 frames. Indeed not as good as transcoding an ac3+thd with eac3to, as the playing of the ac3 would be blank. Is it of any interest ?

2. Dolby Vision
Profile 7 dual tracks is supported by Blu-ray player SoCs only. For non-Blu-ray modes, tsMuxer could transmux those to profile 6 single track dual layer, deprecated but a priori compatible with most STB/TV SoCs. Is it of any interest ?
+1
that would be great enhancements.
imhh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2020, 00:28   #666  |  Link
Grencola

Quote:
Originally Posted by imhh11 View Post
+1
that would be great enhancements.
+2, that would be amazing! streamlining everything into one program to run one time is definitely the way to go.
Grencola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2020, 11:35   #667  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:

1. TrueHD
It certainly is of interest. A worthy enhancement...

Quote:
2. Dolby Vision
Anything that can retain the Dolby Vision meta-data so that the transport contained muxes can function in hardware (and software) playback devices, is a worthy enhancement.

If you're up for it I have another suggestion. Could you provide support for adding 44.1kHz 16-bit LPCM audio streams. It's always seemed a bit odd to me that LC-AAC, HE-AAC and AC3 @ 44.1kHz audio streams can be added but not 44.1kHz LPCM.

Cheers

Last edited by SeeMoreDigital; 31st March 2020 at 11:37.
SeeMoreDigital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2020, 13:45   #668  |  Link
cogira

Quote:

1. TrueHD

2. Dolby Vision
+3
thanks
cogira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2020, 16:43   #669  |  Link
staina

Quote:

1. TrueHD

2. Dolby Vision
+4 Thanks
staina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2020, 18:03   #670  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Am I +5 now or +3??!! Or just a rolling +
Old 31st March 2020, 20:22   #671  |  Link
iSeries

Quote:

1. TrueHD

2. Dolby Vision
Both would be great additions!
iSeries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2020, 21:05   #672  |  Link
baker99uk

Quote:

1. TrueHD

2. Dolby Vision
+6 ? Yes please
baker99uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2020, 22:26   #673  |  Link
a5180007

Ok, I've entered the requests for these two enhancements in GitHub. I'll start working on it after release of 2.7.0.
Old 1st April 2020, 09:24   #674  |  Link
staina

You can me write what has changed at creation output Bluray ISO?

Compared I'm UHD Bluray created in tsMuxeR GUI git-99b4679 and in tsMuxeR GUI git-2ff96ce (latest version) and be here difference in CLPI and M2TS file.

A either write if will correctly playback UHD Bluray ISO created in tsMuxeR GUI git-99b4679?

Thank for answer Staina
staina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2020, 13:23   #675  |  Link
priitv8

As an appleTV 4K user I have these 2 questions:
Quote:

1. TrueHD

2. Dolby Vision
1. If this functionality could be expanded with re-encode to E-AC-3 with JOC, then that would be awesome. Finally would I be able to import them UHD rips into my local library and retain Atmos. But this involves more than just re-muxing of existing bits, I know.
2. +1 if this can be done.
priitv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2020, 20:03   #676  |  Link
koka

Multi-title BD

Code:
tsmuxer.py BD --blu-ray 42.ts+43.ts
glues 42.ts and 43.ts into the blu-ray directory `BD`

Code:
tsmuxer.py MT --blu-ray 42.ts+ --mplsOffset=1 --m2tsOffset=10 
tsmuxer.py MT --blu-ray 43.ts+ --mplsOffset=2 --m2tsOffset=20 
tsmuxer.py MT
makes 2-title blu-ray directory `MT` where `tsmuxer.py MT` rebuild index.bdmv and MovieObject.bdmv
with help of MPLS2JSON.exe
Look https://github.com/abakum/tsmuxerCLI#ex

Last edited by koka; 3rd April 2020 at 07:38.
koka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2020, 18:47   #677  |  Link
B1gD4ddy

hey guys...new here...

Quote:
2. Dolby Vision
is that feature missing the reason why my dolby vision m2ts files created from uhd only trigger hdr instead of dolby vision when played by lg c9 usb media player???

and will adding that feature make my dolby vision m2ts files trigger dolby vision???

kind regards
B1gD4ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2020, 19:32   #678  |  Link
AVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1gD4ddy View Post
hey guys...new here...

is that feature missing the reason why my dolby vision m2ts files created from uhd only trigger hdr instead of dolby vision when played by lg c9 usb media player???

and will adding that feature make my dolby vision m2ts files trigger dolby vision???

kind regards
I would like to know that too.
In some UHD , it only triggers the HDR not the Dolby Vision.
Idk if its some kind of new protection.
Regards
AVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2020, 20:30   #679  |  Link
a5180007

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVX View Post
In some UHD , it only triggers the HDR not the Dolby Vision.
So the C9 TVs read some DV profile 7 TS and not others ? I thought the tsMuxer TS could be read only by Blu-ray players because of the HDMV descriptors.
Old 5th April 2020, 20:47   #680  |  Link
B1gD4ddy

Quote:
So the C9 TVs read some DV profile 7 TS and not others ? I thought the tsMuxer TS could be read only by Blu-ray players because of the HDMV descriptors.
i think avx is not talking about c9 usb media player...

my c9 can read and play all dolby vision m2ts files created from uhd by tsmuxer since version 2020-03-23.

older versions created dolby vision m2ts files that forced my c9 into endless loading and trying to read the file.

but all the dolby vision m2ts files tsmuxer creates only trigger hdr and not dolby vision!

so could you please answer my initial question please?

kind regards

Last edited by B1gD4ddy; 5th April 2020 at 21:10.
B1gD4ddy is offline   Reply With Quote