Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD Rebuilder

Old 15th March 2019, 14:58   #21  |  Link
dr_ml422

I was lucky and used the 3 phrase option to finish rebuilding that oversized .iso. The file was still there and so something told me to hit the rebuild button. Since it wasn't converted to a .iso it came out very nice just a tad larger. The issue is even when it targets on point using the ImgBurn option to burn as iso adds a tad more as is normal. The copies are great! Quality is way better than any compression/transcoding app out there. I might lower the default a tad to compensate for any oversizing whether .iso related or not.

How's the DVD-BD Pro coming along? There is a nice quality upgrade with Blu-ray imho. Excuse the separate post, the mobile version doesn't let me save the edit.
dr_ml422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2019, 22:13   #22  |  Link
jdobbs

I have no plans to have a BD-RB Pro version. I only accept voluntary donations.
Old 17th March 2019, 01:22   #23  |  Link
dr_ml422

My bad, I thought there was one because of the DVD-RB Pro. I'm noticing the slight increase in output with episodic DVDs. Might just be too much to get quality when source is almost 8GB. I'll revert back to Default and put a regular DVD in see what happens. Thanks. I'll check out the BD-Rebuilder soon enough.
Old 17th March 2019, 06:48   #24  |  Link
manolito

It's nice to see that I am not the only person left who still creates DVDs...

You might be interested in having another high quality choice for the encoder in DVD-RB. Take a look here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...65#post1698765

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:48   #25  |  Link
dr_ml422

[QUOTE=manolito;1869122]It's nice to see that I am not the only person left who still creates DVDs...

You might be interested in having another high quality choice for the encoder in DVD-RB. Take a look here:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...65#post1698765

Thanks manolito. It's really great to have alternatives as something always pops up. Is this good to go w/the Pro Version of DVD-RB?

I'm also going to give that Avs2dvd a go. What do you think about it? Only ones I'm using now is ConvertXtoVideo and VidCoder. Seems VSO doesn't want to pay the h.264 fee because that's what's down along with the Hardware Optimization not working.

They use ffmpeg for their software. In ConvertXToDVD they also optimize the output as it's almost always @2.7gb more or less. There's a way to make video look just like the original and at way smaller sizes than the norm we see. I just don't know why they don't use it or exactly what it is.

I unchecked the CC option on DVD-RB Pro and the oversizing stopped. Have you run many jobs using the CC option to see about that? Thanks.

Other than that I really have to admit that DVD-RB Pro using HCEnc is unbelievable. Close to 8gb regular and episodic DVDs look like the original.

Cheers

The mobile version isn't working that great. It won't let me reply with quotes from my phone.