Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 5th December 2018, 11:21   #121  |  Link
sneaker_ger

For both x265 and NVEnc there is the --chromaloc option.

https://x265.readthedocs.io/en/defau...tion-chromaloc
https://github.com/rigaya/NVEnc/issues/50
Old 5th December 2018, 16:25   #122  |  Link
imhh11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbelisk View Post
Hey guys. I'm fairly new to using x265 and NVEnc encoding. I noticed when trying to convert a 4K HDR video, that it shows Chroma 4.2.0 (type 2). But the encoded file does not have that same tag. Is there a way to get type2 to the encoded video? Also, @Revan654, you mentioned that HDR would not work with NVEnc encoding, but I have used it before and it seemed to display correctly on my TV. Must be something I didn't understand. Can you clarify a bit? Thanks.

--chromaloc 2

Nvenc is also working fine with all the right hdr metadata / color space on my end. Of course, some metadata need to be set manually but its working.

Last edited by imhh11; 5th December 2018 at 16:34.
Old 6th December 2018, 23:54   #123  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbelisk View Post
Hey guys. I'm fairly new to using x265 and NVEnc encoding. I noticed when trying to convert a 4K HDR video, that it shows Chroma 4.2.0 (type 2). But the encoded file does not have that same tag. Is there a way to get type2 to the encoded video? Also, @Revan654, you mentioned that HDR would not work with NVEnc encoding, but I have used it before and it seemed to display correctly on my TV. Must be something I didn't understand. Can you clarify a bit? Thanks.
I have no idea what TV you have nor the type it playsback.

To meet all the HDR10 Specs you must have all the correct Metadata(They Change from time to Time), Which it doesn't. It's slowly being Added, Just has to wait for Nvidia to all all the Functions to the SDK.

HDR get's very complex as you headed into the different types.

to Name some of the Flags:

-no-open-gop
-hdr
-aud
-hrd
-repeat-headers
-Matrix BT.2020 NC
-transfer ST.2084
-prime BT.2020
-Master-Color-Display (Must set value to Source color)
-Range limited (This is Done for TV viewing)
-MaxFall/CLL
-10Bit(Min)
-Profile Main10
-vui-hrd-info(Becomes Enabled with HRD Enabled)
-vui-timing-info

+ Ingest
Old 8th December 2018, 06:36   #124  |  Link
suprasaiyan123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
DGHable(exposure=1.0)
Thanks man, that helped quite a bit, seems like every movie requires a different amount of exposure to look ''normal'' although it still seems as though madvr is able to preserve highlights and make the colors appear slightly more vibrant than what hable and reinhard curves are capable of.
Old 8th December 2018, 13:30   #125  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprasaiyan123 View Post
Thanks man, that helped quite a bit, seems like every movie requires a different amount of exposure to look ''normal'' although it still seems as though madvr is able to preserve highlights and make the colors appear slightly more vibrant than what hable and reinhard curves are capable of.
Default value 2.0 is too strong according to my tests

https://i.imgsafe.org/bb/bb8c4ec4f2.png
https://i.imgsafe.org/bb/bb8deaea7a.png

Default 2.0
https://i.imgsafe.org/bb/bb8c8e1b48.png
https://i.imgsafe.org/bb/bb8d6e76de.png
Old 10th December 2018, 20:50   #126  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
This is why ColorGrading should be done for each source title.

A Proper Setup Should be Used, Since AVS Will never be able to Reproduce what a ColorWheel / Scope along with the other tools can Do.

Old 11th December 2018, 16:16   #127  |  Link
Zetti

MediaInfo v18.12 is released.
Old 12th December 2018, 10:24   #128  |  Link
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan654 View Post
I have no idea what TV you have nor the type it playsback.

To meet all the HDR10 Specs you must have all the correct Metadata(They Change from time to Time), Which it doesn't. It's slowly being Added, Just has to wait for Nvidia to all all the Functions to the SDK.

HDR get's very complex as you headed into the different types.

to Name some of the Flags:

-no-open-gop
-hdr
-aud
-hrd
-repeat-headers
-Matrix BT.2020 NC
-transfer ST.2084
-prime BT.2020
-Master-Color-Display (Must set value to Source color)
-Range limited (This is Done for TV viewing)
-MaxFall/CLL
-10Bit(Min)
-Profile Main10
-vui-hrd-info(Becomes Enabled with HRD Enabled)
-vui-timing-info

+ Ingest
Hello! How do I find max cll and max fall when mediainfo is not displayed? Thank you.
Old 12th December 2018, 11:03   #129  |  Link
Yanak

Hello all,
long time since my last post on the forum, way too busy with real life stuff... good to see Revan654 taking care of Staxrip, really nice.

So I'm trying to catch up with this and still for now trying to add all the customized stuff i had on my old version of Staxrip into the last v2 Beta, far from finished since i have heavily modified one full of custom templates, event commands, powershell script or custom menus etc... Will take a while before i get all done.

All this said there is already a few things i noticed that i would like to report :

- NPM thumbnailer seems broken, for exampel this is the settings and results i get :
https://imgur.com/a/goiFkYp
(Title edited & blurred images on purpose .. )

Only one column created,
also the selected path is not respected, it creates the picture on the video folder, not where i asked it to be.
By the way: what is the setting "Depth of each shot" doing please ? maybe a stupid question or my English failing me but i don't get what this settings is supposed to do :/

- I saw a few posts speaking about the reactivity of the program, i confirm that i too get some lag and it feels sluggish compared to the original Staxrip where all works in a blink like preview etc, using version with the dotnet 4.7 on a win7 x64 machine if it makes any difference.

- I saw that: "- Added Support for RawSourcePlus for Avisynth and RawSource for VapourSynth. Default Pixel_type is set to YUV420P10 (aka P010)."

As far as i know this plugin doesn't work well with 10 Bits material, there is 2 issues open about this on the github of the plugin : https://github.com/chikuzen/RawSource_2.6x/issues

About this source filer : i was asked by PM many months ago if i could create a source filter to work with raw files, I came up with a dynamic solution, dynamic because if we use something like a .yuv file for input mediainfo can't read anything from it and then the current filter you use doesn't work :

Code:
RawSourcePlus("%source_file%", fpsnum=%media_info_video:FrameRate_Num%, fpsden=(%media_info_video:FrameRate_Den%)
Since mediaInfo cannot read anything no fps infos, also seems like the pixel type is missing ( unless it's myself missing something here), anyways my solution at that time was this filter :

Code:
Raw_Source =
    RawSourcePlus("%source_file%", $select:msg:Select Video Resolution;3840x2160|width=3840,height=2160;2560x1440|width=2560, height=1440;1920x1080|width=1920, height=1080;1280x720|width=1280,height=720$, \
    $select:msg:Select ColorSpace;YV12|pixel_type="YV12";YUV420p8|pixel_type="YUV420p8";YUV420p10|pixel_type="YUV420p10"$, \
    $select:msg:Select a frame rate;23.976 FPS|fpsnum=24000, fpsden=1001;24 FPS|fpsnum=24, fpsden=1;25 FPS|fpsnum=25, fpsden=1;29.970 FPS|fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001;30 FPS|fpsnum=30, fpsden=1;50 FPS|fpsnum=50, fpsden=1;59.940 FPS|fpsnum=60000, fpsden=1001;60 FPS|fpsnum=60, fpsden=1;120 FPS|fpsnum=120, fpsden=1$)
    # ConvertToYV12()
The last line # ConvertToYV12() is just to trick Staxrip as it was adding this convertto automatically at the end of the source filter, adding it myself into the source filter escaped like this with #, is enough to trick Staxrip and nullify it.

This source filter comes with a few popups asking for the most common video resolution, FPS and pixel type, YUV420p10 is on the list of the possibilities but like i said it doesn't work, example taking one of the videos from here in 10 bits YUV/RAW :
http://ultravideo.cs.tut.fi/#testsequences ex: the dog one in 4k 10 bits Yuv RAW, direct link : http://ultravideo.cs.tut.fi/video/Sh...bit_YUV_RAW.7z ( very big file to download and even more big once uncompressed )

Works nicely with 8 bits .yuv/RAW ones, for example the dog one in 8 Bits 1080p 120 fps YUV / Raw : http://ultravideo.cs.tut.fi/video/Sh...bit_YUV_RAW.7z

To automate the source filter i have this in Settings > Source Filters > Avisynth > yuv, raw = Raw_Source

Had started to look into Staxrip code when Stax76 decided to stop it and adding some of my stuff into it, gave up on this as i did not really had time to dive into all this and have not touched it since a few months now, and while I'm really not a coder, just following the code logic i had made changes to the code source at this time, needs to be reviewed but who knows, it might help :

in misc.vb i added this in "Public Class FileTypes" :
Code:
Shared Property YuvRawSources As String() = {"yuv", "raw"}
and in packages.vb
Code:
Add(New PluginPackage With {
            .Name = "RawSourcePlus",
            .Filename = "RawSourcePlus_x64.dll",
            .WebURL = "https://github.com/chikuzen/RawSource_2.6x/releases",
            .Description = "Raw (.yuv .raw) source filter",
            .AvsFilterNames = {"RawSourcePlus"},
            .AvsFiltersFunc = Function() {New VideoFilter("Source", "RawSourcePlus",
$"RawSourcePlus(""%source_file%"", $select:msg:Select Video Resolution;3840x2160|width=3840,height=2160;2560x1440|width=2560, height=1440;1920x1080|width=1920, height=1080;1280x720|width=1280,height=720$, \
$select:msg:Select ColorSpace;YV12|pixel_type=""YV12"";YUV420p8|pixel_type=""YUV420p8"";YUV420p10|pixel_type=""YUV420p10""$, \
$select:msg:Select a frame rate;23.976 FPS|fpsnum=24000, fpsden=1001;24 FPS|fpsnum=24, fpsden=1;25 FPS|fpsnum=25, fpsden=1;29.970 FPS|fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001;30 FPS|fpsnum=30, fpsden=1;50 FPS|fpsnum=50, fpsden=1;59.940 FPS|fpsnum=60000, fpsden=1001;60 FPS|fpsnum=60, fpsden=1;120 FPS|fpsnum=120, fpsden=1$)
#ConvertToYV12()")}})
In mainForm.vb at " Function ShowSourceFilterSelectionDialog(inputFile As String) As VideoFilter " :
Code:
If inputFile.Ext.EqualsAny("yuv", "raw") Then AddSourceFilters({"RawSourcePlus"}, filters)
also in ApplicationSettings.vb :

Code:
If Check(AviSynthFilterPreferences, "AviSynth Source Filter Preferences", 1) Then
            AviSynthFilterPreferences = New StringPairList
            AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("default", "FFVideoSource")
            AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("264 h264 avc", "LWLibavVideoSource")
            AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("265 h265 hevc hvc", "LWLibavVideoSource")
            AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("d2v", "MPEG2Source")
            AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("dgi", "DGSource")
            AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("dgim", "DGSourceIM")
            AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("mp4 m4v mov", "LSMASHVideoSource")
            AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("ts m2ts mts m2t", "LWLibavVideoSource")
            AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("wmv", "DSS2")
            AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("vdr", "AviSource")
            AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("bmp ebmp jpeg jpg png tga tif tiff", "ImageSource")
            AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("gif", "FFVideoSource")
           AviSynthFilterPreferences.Add("yuv raw", "RawSourcePlus")
        End If
** Note that on this one there is also some code for .gif input support with FFvideosource (only one accurate for the gif's FPS's detection afaik) + support for static pictures as source files using imagesource as source filter, i had all stuff done for those too since i use them quite a bit myself, not sure if it may interest you or someone else but if interested let me know i'll put the modified code here too for those new source filters.
( plus I'll have to take time and look back at all this but pretty sure i had also modified the code to insert a few simple or avisynth native filters like mirror, rotate, reverse, adding SMPTE and other timers + a few quick other overlay's and such but it's been month since i touched this now :/ )

I think i forgot nothing, well i hope... Like i said i am not a coder, just following the rest of the coding logic so it needs a check from expert eyes but it worked once compiled if i remember well

- I saw on the changelog : "Added a new Marco to the list. Script_files%"
It is not listed in the macros list apparently, only the already existing [B%]Script_file%[/B , not sure if active or not as i have not tested something with it yet, question is what this macro do please ? Select all powershell scripts to list them somewhere ?

- And finally while on the macros subject if i may i would like to make a request please :

a new macro for the muxer profiles, we can have let's say 3 different .mp4 extension muxer profiles but all that is possible to do right now is use the extension for macros... and all those muxer profiles have the same of course, not possible to use the muxer profiles names directly as macro, that is something that i always missed in Staxrip, a macro being the muxer profile name will be a nice addition to extend even more the customization and possibilities of this nice tool

- Btw speaking of muxer profiles, i don't know if it is supposed to be like this or not but seems like we cannot edit the MKV muxer profiles created or cloned, it is like this since ages in old Staxrip but don't know if it is supposed to be that way, until now i bypass this by making a new template with settings saved for each new MKV muxer profile i need/want.

- One very last thing, since you added av1 encoder into Staxrip : last versions of MP4Box support av1 & VP9 : https://gpac.wp.imt.fr/2018/10/27/of...pport-in-gpac/ Not sure if you was aware of this but it opens a few more possibilities

That's all for now, still have loads of stuff to transpose from my old heavily customized version into this new one before starting to test a bit more tho, will take a while before i finish sadly.

Thank you very much for the hard work on this and already sorry for the very long post and all that stuff i posted here

Last edited by Yanak; 12th December 2018 at 11:32.
Old 18th December 2018, 00:14   #130  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanak View Post
Hello all,
long time since my last post on the forum, way too busy with real life stuff... good to see Revan654 taking care of Staxrip, really nice.

So I'm trying to catch up with this and still for now trying to add all the customized stuff i had on my old version of Staxrip into the last v2 Beta, far from finished since i have heavily modified one full of custom templates, event commands, powershell script or custom menus etc... Will take a while before i get all done.

All this said there is already a few things i noticed that i would like to report :

- NPM thumbnailer seems broken, for exampel this is the settings and results i get :
https://imgur.com/a/goiFkYp
(Title edited & blurred images on purpose .. )

Only one column created,
also the selected path is not respected, it creates the picture on the video folder, not where i asked it to be.
By the way: what is the setting "Depth of each shot" doing please ? maybe a stupid question or my English failing me but i don't get what this settings is supposed to do :/
Not Sure what you mean by NPM, If you Mean MTN

MTN just might support your CPU or something. It works at my end.

Read About all the Details at the Project Page: https://github.com/Revan654/movie-thumbnailer-mtn

Quote:
- I saw a few posts speaking about the reactivity of the program, i confirm that i too get some lag and it feels sluggish compared to the original Staxrip where all works in a blink like preview etc, using version with the dotnet 4.7 on a win7 x64 machine if it makes any difference.
All Tests are Done on Windows 10 x64 with i7 2600k, 8 Gigs of Ram with Standard 7200rpm Drive.

Seems like there might be issues with newer hardware not getting along with older code.

- I saw that: "- Added Support for RawSourcePlus for Avisynth and RawSource for VapourSynth. Default Pixel_type is set to YUV420P10 (aka P010)."

Quote:

As far as i know this plugin doesn't work well with 10 Bits material, there is 2 issues open about this on the github of the plugin : https://github.com/chikuzen/RawSource_2.6x/issues

About this source filer : i was asked by PM many months ago if i could create a source filter to work with raw files, I came up with a dynamic solution, dynamic because if we use something like a .yuv file for input mediainfo can't read anything from it and then the current filter you use doesn't work :
Works Fine with Sources I loaded, That included Uncompressed HDR 10Bit formats.

Quote:

- I saw on the changelog : "Added a new Marco to the list. Script_files%"
It is not listed in the macros list apparently, only the already existing [B%]Script_file%[/B , not sure if active or not as i have not tested something with it yet, question is what this macro do please ? Select all powershell scripts to list them somewhere ?
The Script_Files returns value in Quotes, There was a bunch of code that was lost, that could never be recovered, It could been part of that.

It was added due to Windows FileSystem not liking certain paths and required quotes.

------

StaxRip is just starting to show it's age, As times goes on and newer code for dotnet is Released it will become slower. GUI just will not be as fast as a GUI coded in C+.

Object Code vs Machine Code.

Getting to the point it might just be worth creating New Software from the ground up.
Old 19th December 2018, 05:29   #131  |  Link
Trench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trench View Post
If I change nothing except to use ffmpeg.exe 3.3.4 from StaxRip 1.7.0.6 to re-encode the AAC using the same command lines and source files (and just muxing the the same previously-encoded HEVC output by x265.exe from 1.9.0.0, and still the same MP4Box from 1.9.0.0), the resulting MP4 now plays normally.
Just to briefly follow-up, in case someone does search on this symptom and wonders what the cause was: The channel layout generated for the same 5.1 FLAC input -- using the later FFMPEG build -- when requesting "keep original channels" (-ac omitted from command line) was different and apparently an invalid channel layout.

The FLAC has 5.1(side) layout ("L R C LFE Ls Rs"), and with the later FFMPEG being invoked for AAC to "keep original channels", the AAC output ended up with "L R C Cb Rls Rb". This in turn appeared to cause issues in the LAV Splitter/Audio selection of tracks and resulted in the "frozen" playback symptoms.

So I needed to pay closer attention to the output channel map being created, because it was not already "correct by default" in this case, even though "I was invoking FFMPEG in exactly the same way with exactly the same input" through StaxRip.

That's all, nothing else to see here.
Old 19th December 2018, 13:23   #132  |  Link
Yanak

Hi,

Yes it's MTN , was a typo from my part, I used the .exe in link you provided and made various tests in command line, no problems there beside that the timestamps are incorrect, apparently reported in github and issue closed but not fixed it seems : https://github.com/Revan654/movie-th...r-mtn/issues/1

Small test on a 15mn colorbars video having a timer displayed, so we can compare times stamped on each tile vs real times :
cmd:
Code:
mtn -c 4 -j 100 -h 240 -w 1920 -X -z -P --shadow=2 -g 6 -L 4:2 "H:\colorbars.mp4" -O "H:/"
result: https://i.imgur.com/hnFcF0d.jpg
after tile 7 all timestamps are messed up

cmd :
Code:
mtn -c 4 -r 8 -j 100 -h 240 -w 1920 -X -z -P --shadow=2 -g 6 -L 4:2 "H:\colorbars.mp4" -O "H:/"
result : https://i.imgur.com/Hcgtxc5.jpg
after tile 9 the timestamps are wrong

and Using the -Z command for more accurate timing :
Code:
mtn -c 4 -j 100 -h 240 -w 1920 -X -Z -P --shadow=2 -g 6 -L 4:2 "H:\colorbars.mp4" -O "H:/"
result : https://i.imgur.com/YdxHrhm.jpg
same thing, timestamps wrong after 7th tile

- So in Staxrip the parameters :
"Height of Each Shot" = minimum height of each tile like the name suggest, then "Width of Each Shot" suggests that it's the width of each tile, but nope, it's the total width of the final image it seems since such parameter does not exist in the .exe... mis-wording i guess.

Also in Staxrip we cannot set the total width ("Width of Each Shot" parameter) to be higher than 1280px, 1280px seems hard coded as the max width for some reasons, using the .exe in command line we can set 1920px width for example like in examples above.

The output path : like i said inside staxrip this does not work, no matter what i set for the output path the thumbnailer will always create the image where the video is located, output path using the .exe in command line works.

I'll probably create my own custom menu associated with a custom command line directly in Staxrip, well that is if i find out why the timestamps do not work, rather pointless to use it if timestamps on the tiles are messed up, but the various parameters for customization of the final image are interesting, full customization of the colors/fonts etc is nice.

- For RawSourcePlus plugin :
This plugin is interesting to use for things like .YUV, .2VUY extension files for example, files where there is no header infos, see also this page : http://avisynth.nl/index.php/RawSource26
You can test the tiny 2VUY Test.rar sample file too http://avisynth.nl/index.php/RawSource26#Examples

More lecture on yuv vs y4m raw formats : https://github.com/stoyanovgeorge/ff...code-Raw-Video

Things like .y4m that usually have a header with infos can be opened directly with FFVideoSource, no need of rawsourceplus plugin added for those (i think?), I don' know what is the sample you tested but a 420p10 won't work, just try with the .yuv files i linked in previous post and see by yourself, if downloading those large files is a problem maybe try this instead :

- create a colorbars.avs script with this code content :
Code:
ColorBars(width = 1280, height = 720, pixel_type = "YUV420P8", staticframes = false).killaudio().assumefps(60, 1).trim(0,600)
ShowSMPTE(y=300,size=200,text_color=$ffffff,halo_color=$000)
Then use ffmpeg to convert it into YUV using the command :
Code:
ffmpeg -hide_banner -i colorbars.avs output.yuv
Rawsourceplus source filter code in Staxrip to open it:
Code:
RawSourcePlus("%source_file%", width=1280,height=720, \
pixel_type="YUV420p8", \
fpsnum=60, fpsden=1)
> works

Now the same thing with a 420p10, the colorbars.avs script will be :
Code:
ColorBars(width = 1280, height = 720, pixel_type = "YUV420P10", staticframes = false).killaudio().assumefps(60, 1).trim(0,600)
Then encode to yuv wiht ffmpeg, same command as before :
Code:
ffmpeg -hide_banner -i colorbars.avs output.yuv
No let's try to open it using rawsourceplus :
Code:
RawSourcePlus("%source_file%", width=1280,height=720, \
pixel_type="YUV420p10", \
fpsnum=60, fpsden=1)
Doesn't work, result will look something like this : https://i.imgur.com/KysU6G4.png
All 420p10 source files i tried in the past had the same problem, YUV444P10 souce file works tho, but since you stateed in patch notes "Default Pixel_type is set to YUV420P10 (aka P010)."... And i don't know how you achieve this without adding the pixel_type parameter in the source filter of Staxrip, by default, if not specified the pixel_type is "YUY2" according to the wiki of RawSoucePlus.

Anyways, unless i am missing something the prime interest in having rawsourceplus plugin added is for those raw files having no header infos, no real point having it for things like .y4m files since other source plugins in Staxrip already cover them.

- Indeed Staxrip is not that young but does a fine job once we update plugins and tools used and adapt or create filters for them, i have no clue of how deep you modified the code and what could have been lost in the process and can not be recovered, my machine is also not that young either, the CPU is only one generation ahead of yours, a 3770k, but i'm still on win7 x64 pro, not win10, I don't know what changes were made to the code but the original Staxrip by Stax76 always was hyper-responsive, now it's really sluggish and often a pain to use because of this.

One little last thing i noticed :
- mpvnet player does not work, it asks for Netframework 4.8, while inside the 4.7 package.

Still did not had the time to continue migrating all stuff from my original version of Staxrip into your last beta, will need quite a few more hours dedicated to this before exporting all custom things i have made in it, the excellent thing about Staxrip is the almost infinite possibilities it offers for customization, templates, event commands, custom menus etc etc... I'm afraid no other program trying to come after it will come even half close to those possibilities sadly, it still have numerous years to live before something comes out allowing such degree of personalization :/

Thank you.

Last edited by Yanak; 19th December 2018 at 13:29.
Old 20th December 2018, 00:00   #133  |  Link
stax76

The included mpv.net build requires .NET 4.8 which is only available as preview as far as I know.

Here is a new mpv.net build with few improvements:

https://github.com/stax76/mpvnet/releases

- changed minimum runtime to .NET 4.7.2
- fixed mpv.net not working with new mpv lib
- the track name in the title bar was sometimes wrong
- mpv lib updated to 2018-12-16
- quit-watch-later added to context menu (Shift+Q) to exit and resume at the last position
- ab loop added to menu
- added the possibility to modify mpv.conf settings using the context menu
- added link to the manual and default keys to the menu

The new default keys and menu is here:

https://github.com/stax76/mpvnet/blo...input_conf.txt
Old 20th December 2018, 03:31   #134  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Hi,

Yes it's MTN , was a typo from my part, I used the .exe in link you provided and made various tests in command line, no problems there beside that the timestamps are incorrect, apparently reported in github and issue closed but not fixed it seems : https://github.com/Revan654/movie-th...r-mtn/issues/1
Some of these problems are due to FFmpeg and nothing I can do about that.

Legacy Formats or improper Coded videos with invalid timestamps or misplaced timestamps will create issues.

I would run the Debug Code and see what the issue is, I can only fix problems that can be re-produced.

Quote:

The output path : like i said inside staxrip this does not work, no matter what i set for the output path the thumbnailer will always create the image where the video is located, output path using the .exe in command line works.

I'll probably create my own custom menu associated with a custom command line directly in Staxrip, well that is if i find out why the timestamps do not work, rather pointless to use it if timestamps on the tiles are messed up, but the various parameters for customization of the final image are interesting, full customization of the colors/fonts etc is nice.
This is Caused by how data is passed through ObjectStorage. It should be fixed in the next update.

Quote:

Things like .y4m that usually have a header with infos can be opened directly with FFVideoSource, no need of rawsourceplus plugin added for those (i think?), I don' know what is the sample you tested but a 420p10 won't work.
The Source was P010 (YUV420p10) 100% Raw & Uncompressed.

My source came directly from HDR Source. It's the main reason why I added RawSourcePlus, Since it was one of the few filters that could actually open the video file.

Quote:

- Indeed Staxrip is not that young but does a fine job once we update plugins and tools used and adapt or create filters for them, i have no clue of how deep you modified the code and what could have been lost in the process and can not be recovered, my machine is also not that young either, the CPU is only one generation ahead of yours, a 3770k, but i'm still on win7 x64 pro, not win10, I don't know what changes were made to the code but the original Staxrip by Stax76 always was hyper-responsive, now it's really sluggish and often a pain to use because of this.
if the data is to be trusted, it says 10,000+ line changes or 500 commits.

Every person's PC is different, I test it on the oldest hardware I have. If it works on that it should work on any PC.

Quote:
One little last thing i noticed :
- mpvnet player does not work, it asks for Netframework 4.8, while inside the 4.7 package.
You can Install it.

https://github.com/Microsoft/dotnet-...se-notes/NET48

4.8 does come pre-installed in Next update for Windows 10 along with VS 2019.

Last edited by Revan654; 20th December 2018 at 03:33.
Old 20th December 2018, 14:16   #135  |  Link
Yanak

Hello Stax76,

glad to see you still around ( missing you man ) and thank your for the update I'll try this one tomorrow, won't have time to play with this today but will test and report on git page is there is any issue.

Thank you very much.

@Revan :

- If this can help, some steps to reproduce :

create testvid.avs script :
Code:
ColorBars(width = 1280, height = 720, pixel_type = "YUV420P8", staticframes = false).killaudio().assumefps(60, 1).trim(0,54000)
Quick convert the avs to mp4 using ffmpeg :
Code:
ffmpeg -hide_banner -i testvid.avs output.mp4
Some of the Mtn commands i tried ( + many others ), all giving wrong timestamps :
Code:
mtn -c 4 -j 100 -h 240 -w 1920 -X -z -P --shadow=2 -g 6 -L 4:2 "H:\output.mp4" -O "H:/" 

mtn -c 4 -j 100 -h 240 -w 1920 -X -Z -P --shadow=2 -g 6 -L 4:2 "H:\output.mp4" -O "H:/"
Same problem with all videos i encoded and tried with, among others tests:
- Encoded to x264 using x264-r2901-7d0ff22 > Muxed to mp4 with MP4Box
- Encoded to x264 using x264-r2901-7d0ff22 > Muxed to MKV with MKVToolnix
- Encoded to x265 using x265_2.9+14-3023bd8b05c0 > Muxed to mp4 with MP4Box
- Encoded to x265 using x265_2.9+14-3023bd8b05c0 > Muxed to MKV with MKVToolnix
- Encoded to VP9 using ffmpeg-20181218-3a36b0c-win64-static > to direct webm and also muxed inside a MKV container

All those videos i encoded and tested ended in the same wrong timestamps using the command line tool.

- Good to hear you fixed the output path in staxrip for the thumbnailer, thank you.

- I explained long enough and gave numerous links for samples or examples to create and test real raw videos for RawSourcePlus to test with, seems you do not want to hear, good for you if your sample worked... but again without even specifying in the source filter the pixel_type="YUV420p10" parameter it seems a miracle to see that "Default Pixel_type is set to YUV420P10 (aka P010)."... anyways, i won't continue loose my time pissing against the wind about this so do as it pleases you, i gave more than enough infos.

-Well you made 2 package versions, one for 4.7 and one for 4.8, this version of mpv.net was inside the package specified to be for dotnet 4.7, so... And I'd rather wait a bit before starting to install 4.8 or vs2019 that are still in preview releases, anyways this is fixed now by Stax himself so all good

Good luck with continuing with Staxrip2, myself i think i will continue to update plugins and adapt Stax76's last version to my needs as after pushing a bit more the testings on this one i just cannot deal with how irresponsive and slow it became, plus i don't deal much with HDR content so it can wait, i know you probably done a lot of changes and put a lot of efforts into this version and sadly maybe some of those are not for the better, at least for me :/ , I just hope others have better luck than me.

Wishing you the best of luck for this project, for now i will keep this v2 on hold and I'll give a few more tries when things will be a bit more advanced and sorted out.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by Yanak; 20th December 2018 at 14:31.
Old 20th December 2018, 14:46   #136  |  Link
Arhu

I'm trying to cut out a part from the middle of a video. The cutting snippet looks like this example:

clip = clip[100:200] + clip[220:300]

The resulting video is fine and is missing frames 201-219 as intended, but the audio isn't being cut in the middle and is thus out of sync after the middle cut. Audio trimming in the beginning and end works fine. Is this a known limitation or is there a way to make it do what I want?

Source audio is FLAC, source filter is LWLibavSource or ffms2.
Old 20th December 2018, 19:10   #137  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhu View Post
I'm trying to cut out a part from the middle of a video. The cutting snippet looks like this example:

clip = clip[100:200] + clip[220:300]

The resulting video is fine and is missing frames 201-219 as intended, but the audio isn't being cut in the middle and is thus out of sync after the middle cut. Audio trimming in the beginning and end works fine. Is this a known limitation or is there a way to make it do what I want?

Source audio is FLAC, source filter is LWLibavSource or ffms2.
You have to check all the filters being used, Also check the audio settings.

Some filters will not resync correctly. This is specially known with the Framerate filters.

Options -> Audio is another area you might want to look at. Sometimes it's a good idea to use avisynth audio function over the standalone method. of Course if you use VapourSynth you don't have this option. Atlease Natively.
Old 20th December 2018, 19:28   #138  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Hello Stax76,

glad to see you still around ( missing you man ) and thank your for the update I'll try this one tomorrow, won't have time to play with this today but will test and report on git page is there is any issue.

Thank you very much.

@Revan :

- If this can help, some steps to reproduce :

create testvid.avs script :
Code:
ColorBars(width = 1280, height = 720, pixel_type = "YUV420P8", staticframes = false).killaudio().assumefps(60, 1).trim(0,54000)
Quick convert the avs to mp4 using ffmpeg :
Code:
ffmpeg -hide_banner -i testvid.avs output.mp4
Some of the Mtn commands i tried ( + many others ), all giving wrong timestamps :
Code:
mtn -c 4 -j 100 -h 240 -w 1920 -X -z -P --shadow=2 -g 6 -L 4:2 "H:\output.mp4" -O "H:/" 

mtn -c 4 -j 100 -h 240 -w 1920 -X -Z -P --shadow=2 -g 6 -L 4:2 "H:\output.mp4" -O "H:/"
Same problem with all videos i encoded and tried with, among others tests:
- Encoded to x264 using x264-r2901-7d0ff22 > Muxed to mp4 with MP4Box
- Encoded to x264 using x264-r2901-7d0ff22 > Muxed to MKV with MKVToolnix
- Encoded to x265 using x265_2.9+14-3023bd8b05c0 > Muxed to mp4 with MP4Box
- Encoded to x265 using x265_2.9+14-3023bd8b05c0 > Muxed to MKV with MKVToolnix
- Encoded to VP9 using ffmpeg-20181218-3a36b0c-win64-static > to direct webm and also muxed inside a MKV container

All those videos i encoded and tested ended in the same wrong timestamps using the command line tool.

- Good to hear you fixed the output path in staxrip for the thumbnailer, thank you.

- I explained long enough and gave numerous links for samples or examples to create and test real raw videos for RawSourcePlus to test with, seems you do not want to hear, good for you if your sample worked... but again without even specifying in the source filter the pixel_type="YUV420p10" parameter it seems a miracle to see that "Default Pixel_type is set to YUV420P10 (aka P010)."... anyways, i won't continue loose my time pissing against the wind about this so do as it pleases you, i gave more than enough infos.

-Well you made 2 package versions, one for 4.7 and one for 4.8, this version of mpv.net was inside the package specified to be for dotnet 4.7, so... And I'd rather wait a bit before starting to install 4.8 or vs2019 that are still in preview releases, anyways this is fixed now by Stax himself so all good

Good luck with continuing with Staxrip2, myself i think i will continue to update plugins and adapt Stax76's last version to my needs as after pushing a bit more the testings on this one i just cannot deal with how irresponsive and slow it became, plus i don't deal much with HDR content so it can wait, i know you probably done a lot of changes and put a lot of efforts into this version and sadly maybe some of those are not for the better, at least for me :/ , I just hope others have better luck than me.

Wishing you the best of luck for this project, for now i will keep this v2 on hold and I'll give a few more tries when things will be a bit more advanced and sorted out.

Thanks a lot.
Like I said 4.8 is in the next update for Windows. It will be there if you want it or not. Windows 7 is already on Life Support.

Source filter I'm just giving you the means to use a different source filter, It's up to the user to tweak it to there neeeds. It doesn't mean ever source is going to work. Same is said with L-Smash & ffms.

Everyone's PC is different, Software could run flawless on one machine, where it could struggle on another.

I believe the VFW might be the part of the problem. I couldn't find allot of docs on it. It remained untouched for now until I find more details. My goal is try to get the VFW to use GPU that way sluggish viewing would be a thing of the past.

Lastly WinForms Framework is getting old, Not much is added to WinForms by MS. There focus is on WPF which is newer forms. It still very young(I really don't like the toolsets for it) and GUI would have to be rebuilt from the ground to work with that. The advantage of WPF has it uses the GPU for allot of the rendering over just the CPU.

I would personally use Python over WPF, Even though IDE for python GUI is very limited.

Lastly Programming is not easy task to start with, It sometimes hard to pin point where something is slowing down.

VB is one of the easier Coding system, it was deisgned as a stepping stone to C# and God tier Code of C++.
Old 21st December 2018, 10:17   #139  |  Link
Arhu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan654 View Post
You have to check all the filters being used, Also check the audio settings.
I tried to isolate the issue and found that it only happens when using Opus (ffmpeg libopus) as the audio target. With other audio codecs the middle part is cut out correctly.

Both libopus and other codecs get an identical "[filename]_cut_ ID1.flac" as input, only the opus output has the wrong length. The log doesn't really help pinpoint this further.

Last edited by Arhu; 21st December 2018 at 10:24.
Old 21st December 2018, 18:30   #140  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhu View Post
I tried to isolate the issue and found that it only happens when using Opus (ffmpeg libopus) as the audio target. With other audio codecs the middle part is cut out correctly.

Both libopus and other codecs get an identical "[filename]_cut_ ID1.flac" as input, only the opus output has the wrong length. The log doesn't really help pinpoint this further.
The settings for opus is the same if you use AAC for example, It gets passed to FFMpeg. The issue looks to be something in ffmpeg.

It's very possible due to a bug in ffmpeg & the libs that ffmpeg are using, You could try nightly release and see if anything get fixed.

Also tell ffmpeg devs about the issue and see what they have to say.
Closed Thread

Tags
aac, hdr, hevc, nvenc, staxrip, x264, x265