Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 30th March 2013, 16:02   #16861  |  Link
sieve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Based on your description it sounds like your system is experiencing a heat related instability. Pass two is where the processor is really under stress.
Possible, but not likely. The box I'm using I bought from some kid who was a big gamer. It has about 6 fans and big vents on 4 sides. Not to mention fluorescent lights for ambiance.

Quote:
I'd check all the fans and clean any dust out of the heatsinks. If you're handy with computers, you may also want to re-seat the processor and replace the heatsink compound.
I did open up the box, and it was pretty clean inside. Nonetheless, I did run the vacuum on everything as long as I had it opened up.
sieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 16:06   #16862  |  Link
sieve

@jdobbs

It seems to be working again.

I uninstalled everything. Then ran a registry cleaner (ccleaner). Then downloaded and reinstalled everything.
Have run through 2 BDs so far with no errors (like is used to be).

I guess along the way, one of the programs or associated .dlls must have gotten corrupted.

Anyway, so far, so good.
Thanks for the advice!
sieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2013, 16:57   #16863  |  Link
RobertM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sieve View Post
I did run the vacuum on everything as long as I had it opened up.
This can be quite important,... especially the CPU heatsink fins.
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013, 17:04   #16864  |  Link
tinner45

I have a problem, I purchased Take-2, I ripped it with DVDfab, used BD-RB to do it's thing, coppied with Imgburn, great job. Problem is The disc that I purchased wiil not play on my stand alone Blu-ray player. "Says it can not play this disc". This has happened on two disc now.
tinner45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013, 17:15   #16865  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinner45 View Post
I have a problem, I purchased Take-2, I ripped it with DVDfab, used BD-RB to do it's thing, coppied with Imgburn, great job. Problem is The disc that I purchased wiil not play on my stand alone Blu-ray player. "Says it can not play this disc". This has happened on two disc now.
Do you mean "Taken 2"?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1397280/

My samsung was finicky about certain types of burnable media. Oddly, it would play older burnt movies on LTH TY's, but not any more. My guess is a firmware upgrade removed their playback capability. I'll never know the extent of the issues. The player became very unpredictable.

Since you ripped with DvdFab, that's another variable. It may not be a clean rip. I have heard of such cases.

I guess I have a reason to finally run this one. You say the disc you purchased won't play on the standalone. You do mean the burnt disc, right? I haven't heard of a movie requiring a massive update since Avatar! Though I'm sure it won't be the last...

---------------Update------------------
Looks like I already ran it with BDRB 42.08. Just haven't burnt it yet :S

Last edited by omegaman7; 31st March 2013 at 17:18.
omegaman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013, 19:10   #16866  |  Link
sytyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinner45 View Post
I had the same problem with a purchased BD movie "Snatch". It would not play on Sony a BD player, but would play on my LG. I think the Sony needs a firmware update, but I'm too lazy to do it, since it works on my LG.
sytyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013, 22:24   #16867  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytyguy View Post
I had the same problem with a purchased BD movie "Snatch". It would not play on Sony a BD player, but would play on my LG. I think the Sony needs a firmware update, but I'm too lazy to do it, since it works on my LG.
You're saying the original purchased disc wouldn't play, or the backup, or both?
Old 31st March 2013, 23:37   #16868  |  Link
sytyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
You're saying the original purchased disc wouldn't play, or the backup, or both?
The original would not play, the backup played perfectly, movie only.
Old 31st March 2013, 23:44   #16869  |  Link
omegaman7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytyguy View Post
The original would not play, the backup played perfectly, movie only.
The keys probably need updated on the problematic player? Since the backup is encryption free, there would be no problem. The only time a backup, would cause a player to need an update, is if you're using a media that's new, and with little support. LTH discs for instance, were very sketchy with the early generation bd players
Old 1st April 2013, 01:18   #16870  |  Link
steveg32

SALT - NO Master English Audio plus other movie Main Menu audio issues.

@jdobbs ... this one is crazy:

Reencode of SALT (has DTS Express audio) showed no errors but when playing back on PowerDVD10 or Panasonic DMP-BD85 standalone there is NO English Master Audio.
Next, (from SALT Main Menu) I selected English Stereo but playback is English Audio Descriptive Service.
Next, I selected English Audio Descriptive Service but playback is Filmmakers Commentary (which is actually from movie menu's Special Features ).
Although I reencoded English only audio, I figured I'd follow the pattern so I next selected French Master Audio but playback is English Master Audio (on PowerDVD only. NO audio on standalone).

It's as if the audio tracks are not linking properly to the movie's Main Menu.

Next, when I selected PIP playback from Special Features there is PIP audio but no main movie audio.

There are no audio issues when playing back all other Special Features material.

I reencoded SALT twice. 1st time with Keep HD Audio checked. 2nd time with Keep HD Audio unchecked. Both resulting in same issues. Btw, original disc has no issues and clean rips from AnyDVD HD. I'm assuming doing a Movie Only reencode would result in no issues but I'd like to have Menus and everything else for this backup.

- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- AVISYNTH Version: [2.5.8.0], Ok
- HAALI Splitter: [1.9.42.1], Ok
- FFDSHOW: [4422], Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- AnyDVD settings check: Ok.
- BD Rebuilder v0.43.0.6, Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok

Attached are my files for your review.

Aloha and HAPPY EASTER!

UDPATE: Did a 3rd reencode of SALT. This time with DTS Express Audio disabled (DTSX_ENABLE=0). All main movie audio now associating properly with both the Main Menu and Pop Up Menu. But now I lose the PIP audio . Stream description is "AUD_001 (2nd) DTS-Express, Stereo, English". Is this something you can fix jdobbs?
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: txt SALT.INF.txt (11.6 KB, 25 views)
File Type: txt SALT_BD-REBUILDER.LOG.txt (50.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: txt SALT_BDREBUILDER.INI.txt (881 Bytes, 29 views)

Last edited by steveg32; 2nd April 2013 at 20:02. Reason: Update
steveg32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2013, 01:21   #16871  |  Link
omegaman7

Mmm, I had that problem with "The Other Guys". Audio was not associating properly. I ended up just keeping all the tracks. I may go back and try to figure the problem with that one.
Old 1st April 2013, 03:01   #16872  |  Link
sytyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman7 View Post
The keys probably need updated on the problematic player? Since the backup is encryption free, there would be no problem. The only time a backup, would cause a player to need an update, is if you're using a media that's new, and with little support. LTH discs for instance, were very sketchy with the early generation bd players
This is a fairly old movie, but not sure when the BD movie was created.

My Sony is newer than the LG, if that is any hint to the problem, it is also a 3D capable, which the LG is not.

I recently purchased another 3D player, and I might try that one on this movie.
Old 1st April 2013, 11:30   #16873  |  Link
frank
Banned

Alien - Problem with MPEG-2

Alien (1st of anthology, seamless branching)

BDRB (Movie & Menus + Edit Mode, CRF)
After the main movie, a screen with the (german) voice actors is displayed (clip 01110 0.42 MB, mpls 00142) . This little stream has no audio.
BDRB does not convert to AVC properly. The result is a wrong playlist and a stream of 45msec instead of 2x 5sec.
The player is stuck at the end of the movie. Crash.

But the intro stream "FOX Home Entertainment" (clip 01030, mpeg2) is properly converted. It has audio.
frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 06:29   #16874  |  Link
setarip_old

@mikecrad29

Hi!
Quote:
Source: BOURNE_LEGACY_RENTAL_00801
. Discussion of problems regarding commercial media that you don't own is not appreciated at the Doom9 Forum (and many other forums, as well)...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2013, 13:35   #16875  |  Link
rainfellow

KiKi's Delivery Service (Japanese Version)

I am having difficulty with a particular disc when trying to downsize it from a BD50 to a BD25. It comes out over sized if I try to do a full back up. If I do movie only, it works fine.
The movie in question is Kiki’s Delivery Service (Japanese release).
When I look at the structure, one of the titles has a secondary video stream that is only in 480. Could this be the main vause of my problems?
I have tried setting the the options to reencode the video to 720, but it has the same result. The disc ends up oversized (25gb vs 22gb).
I can run it through again and give whatever files or information is needed.

Thanks to all that help.
rainfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2013, 02:32   #16876  |  Link
jdobbs

It is very common for U.S. releases to use secondaries that are 480p for PiP presentation, so I wouldn't think that should be an issue. Not sure right now what could be the issue. I can't remember the last time I had an oversize. You weren't using CRF mode were you? That can sometimes be a little unpredictable even with the best prediction passes.

Last edited by jdobbs; 3rd April 2013 at 02:38.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2013, 02:50   #16877  |  Link
rainfellow

Since I'm not sure what CRF mode is, then that may or may not be an issue. What do I need to post to help you figure out what's going on?

Thanks again for making such an awesome program (DVD Rebuilder as well!!!)
rainfellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2013, 23:19   #16878  |  Link
ricoman

I don't know if this is a bug or what, but I don't know where else to report it. Please move to correct thread if this is an issue. Anyway, I was having a problem with failed encoding while processing Lincoln from an iso to a BD25 disc movie only. I had uninstalled a couple of old media players that I didn't like, so figuring that might have done something, I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest BDRB, and as instructed, did the same with Haali, Avisynth and ffshow. When I tried again, an error message popped up a couple of times, something like "ffmpeg.dll failed to load". However, after clicking OK a couple of times it continued to process. I burned the result and it seems to work OK (though I haven't watched entire movie yet). Is this likely to be a problem in the future? How do I get BDRB to load ffmpeg.dll? I do see the driver in the ffshow folder, but don't know if it is compromised or what. Any suggestions? Thanks.
ricoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2013, 15:30   #16879  |  Link
Capsbackup

There appears to be a problem with BD-RBV04306 and selecting Mode: MP4 Container, 1920x1080, Auto-AAC. This is the second movie I have tested with this message.
Note: the first did resume after I select continue anyway and it completed successfull. This one has resumed and is still running...

----------------------
[04/04/13] BD Rebuilder v0.43.06 (beta)
[07:10:20] Source: FIGHT_CLUB_00010
- Input BD size: 31.82 GB
- Approximate total content: [02:19:08.381]
- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- MOVIE-ONLY/ALTERNATE OUTPUT mode enabled
- SHUTDOWN at completion enabled
- Mode: MP4 Container, 1920x1080, Auto-AAC
- Decoding/Frame serving: DirectShow
- Audio Settings: AC3=1 DTS=1 HD=0 Kbs=640
[07:10:20] PHASE ONE, Encoding
- [07:10:20] Processing: VID_00349 (1 of 1)
- [07:10:20] Extracting A/V streams [VID_00349]
- [07:16:54] Reencoding video [VID_00349]
- Audio/PGS sizing issue. Continued...
- Source Video: MPEG-4 (AVC), 1920x1080
- Rate/Length: 23.976fps, 200,161 frames
- [07:17:02] Reencoding: VID_00349, Pass 1 of 1
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2013, 02:19   #16880  |  Link
AmigaFuture

@ Capsbackup

"Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" does the same thing "Audio/PGS sizing issue." in an extra that has a bunch of AC3 files for Music from the movie in it but it'll resume. I've not checked that extra though for completeness. I've not had BD-RB use the MP4 container with it either. Are there a bunch of audio tracks with that movie? Main Soundtrack and a bunch of commentaries, even if only 1 is selected for Alternate output..?