Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 29th May 2010, 07:57   #5741  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaviometal View Post
Dean, just one question...

I'm trying to use an AVCHD folder (copied from DVD-9 that I've burned some days ago) as source. I've copied the AVCHD folder to my HD, and imported in MAVCHD. I just want to add one audio track more (AC3), and compile again, adding a setup menu too. So:

1. Is it possible to use the same menus from this project, or must I create menus all over again?

2. I wanna know if video must be transcoded again, or MAVCHD will transcode only the new added audio. Wich option I must to use: full or fast mode?
1. multiAVCHD will import the menu settings that you used and will create the same menu.

2. Video will not be reencoded. You have to change the mode to [full-mode], otherwise you have no access to add/remove audio tracks/subtitles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ500 View Post
Some time ago I created a blu-ray structure from 20 m2ts files that were edited versions of m2ts files from a Sony camcorder.

Now, I want to add the 21st edited m2ts file. Can I use the blu-ray structure as a starting point? Or, do I have to start from the m2ts files.
Just import the structure and then add the 21st m2ts. The old structure will be used and its contents will be simply moved to the new location and then the new file will be added, too.
Old 29th May 2010, 16:32   #5742  |  Link
drpaulng

Quote:
Originally Posted by crl2007 View Post
You can edit your videos before importing them for motion background. What are you looking to do is done in a few easy steps with Adobe After Effects or Sony Vegas.
Yes, this is the right way to get what is supposed to be done. But it would be much convenient if Deank can help us all with his smartline fine-tuned into "movie name editor".
Old 30th May 2010, 11:53   #5743  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Build 754:

* Finally a preview for both title-list menu styles is available.
* For [classic title list menu] the font size from MENU tab will be used for title names.

Title list menu:

"Classic" LIST title-list menu:

Dean
Old 30th May 2010, 13:43   #5744  |  Link
VincAlastor

thank you deank, sometimes i use the classic title list, it looks great!

Last edited by VincAlastor; 30th May 2010 at 14:14.
VincAlastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 14:21   #5745  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Build 754:

* Finally a preview for both title-list menu styles is available.
* For [classic title list menu] the font size from MENU tab will be used for title names.
I've been wondering if I'm the only person on Planet Earth that doesn't care about fancy menus! I will give this a try and hopefully I can replace Ulead MF6+ (eventually). There's still no "audio for menu" option though?
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2010, 14:35   #5746  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I think *user audio* works for title-list menu, doesn't it?
Old 1st June 2010, 12:21   #5747  |  Link
mic

Please forgive if I've overlooked something obvious, is there a way to import images for the chapter thumbnails?

I know it works if you create the disc layout on hdd, replace the images in the HDAVCTN folder (using the same file names), then load the multiAVCHD.mpf that multiAVCHD created. Previews still show the old chapter menus, but after changing the thumbnail border color [not sure if that's needed to trigger the menu re-render], creating the disc layout a 2nd time uses those new thumbnails.

The reason for changing thumbnails is that the start of a chapter can be black, or it can be the beginning of a pan shot etc, & often a snapshot at that time doesn't give a good hint of what scene a chapter button will take you to.

Thanks

---

BTW, multiAVCHD works great with mpg2 out of Vegas (in Vegas I modify one of the existing BD templates) -- unless I missed something the multiAVCHD site only mentions AVC from Vegas has been reported to work. It also appears to work with AVC encoded using the ATI stream encoder in Roxio VideoWave -- I can't recommend it because I've had all sorts of problems with VideoWave encoding, but if someone has it working, my limited testing showed it seems to work with multiAVCHD just fine. I *think* it might use the x264 encoder, but the BD template is *off* enough that tsMuxer won't take the AVC, where multiAVCHD fixes the video so it works. *Should* be able to correct that with a new template in VideoWave, but I've never gotten a new AVCHD template working. It's a shame because their stream encoder seemed promising.

Last edited by mic; 1st June 2010 at 12:23. Reason: typo
mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 12:29   #5748  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

You didn't overlook anything... I just need to figure a way to allow user to use external chapter images.

I believe I can implement something like the HDAVCTN folder but for files...

For example if you have:

X:\test\video.m2ts
x:\test\HDAVCTN_video.m2ts\ch01.jpg
x:\test\HDAVCTN_video.m2ts\ch96.jpg

it may work... I'm not sure if it will be of any use... What do you think or suggest?

Dean
Old 1st June 2010, 21:04   #5749  |  Link
sreemv

I just tried to backup [re-author mode - no editing] my Avatar BD and got an error at "preparing menu" stage - now I am left with ~90GB in the destination AVCHD folder where as the source is only 45.4GB after nearly 10 hours of just splitting and re-mapping - anyone else run into this?
sreemv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2010, 23:58   #5750  |  Link
mic

Quote:
I believe I can implement something like the HDAVCTN folder but for files...

/////

it may work... I'm not sure if it will be of any use... What do you think or suggest?
Thanks Dean

Having multiAVCHD accept the image files from the start would be a big help & speed things up, but I feel bad asking you to do the extra work if I'm the only one that might use it. Replacing the files does work & re-rendering the layout doesn't take too long -- maybe some others will chime in?

Myself I save snapshots in Vegas or PowerDVD, & if/when I want to get fancy I fade or frame the edges of the thumbnail in an image editor -- I don't mind it at all, but maybe some would like it better if you tied in the video preview you've already got in the properties dialog?.. You've got the chapter thumbnails listed right there, so maybe tie the two together, like click this button when the frame you want to use is in the preview?

Thanks again
Old 2nd June 2010, 00:07   #5751  |  Link
mic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreemv View Post
I just tried to backup [re-author mode - no editing] my Avatar BD and got an error at "preparing menu" stage - now I am left with ~90GB in the destination AVCHD folder where as the source is only 45.4GB after nearly 10 hours of just splitting and re-mapping - anyone else run into this?
I honestly don't know if this *might* be related or apply or anything, but the DVD/BD set we bought apparently had a bad BD disc from the start -- it crashed PowerDVD & CinePlayer BD & when I tried to redo the movie to get something that would play, DGIndex, V/Dub, Vegas, & every other app I tried froze too. On my hdd there was 1 part of the file that was bad -- same place, several rips.
Old 2nd June 2010, 06:54   #5752  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreemv View Post
1) There is no "preparing menu" stage in re-author mode.
2) multiAVCHD cannot handle multi-versions of a movie (branched titles). It is clearly stated in this post.

Quote:
In re-author mode features as PIP (Picture-in-Picture) are not supported (yet). Blu-ray titles, featuring alternate endings with branched playlists may or may not work as expected (either one branch will work or you will get huge oversize, having both/all versions in the final compilation). I don't have such titles to test with. TextST (subtitles) should work.
Old 2nd June 2010, 07:27   #5753  |  Link
sreemv

Thanks for the reply Dean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
1) There is no "preparing menu" stage in re-author mode.

Sorry but thats the last thing I see in the multiAVCHD.log file:

[09:19:29] Preparing menu pages...

[09:19:29] Encoding Title List menu page [1/16].
[09:19:58] Encoding Title List menu page [2/16].
[09:20:08] Encoding Title List menu page [3/16].
[09:20:19] Encoding Title List menu page [4/16].
[09:20:29] Encoding Title List menu page [5/16].
[09:20:39] Encoding Title List menu page [6/16].
[09:20:49] Encoding Title List menu page [7/16].
[09:20:59] Encoding Title List menu page [8/16].
[09:21:09] Encoding Title List menu page [9/16].
[09:21:19] Encoding Title List menu page [10/16].
[09:21:29] Encoding Title List menu page [11/16].
[09:21:40] Encoding Title List menu page [12/16].
[09:21:50] Encoding Title List menu page [13/16].
[09:22:00] Encoding Title List menu page [14/16].
[09:22:11] Encoding Title List menu page [15/16].
[09:22:21] Encoding Title List menu page [16/16].

I also see another file called "details.txt" which was filled with a bunch of "imdb" links.

Quote:
2) multiAVCHD cannot handle multi-versions of a movie (branched titles). It is clearly stated in this post.
My apologies, I missed that post but I didnt know this particular title falls into that category?

So, is there a work around to just get the main title?

Thanks again for all your work and in no way am I unappreciative of the great useful program of yours.

Last edited by sreemv; 2nd June 2010 at 07:35.
sreemv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 08:24   #5754  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

If you load the original BDMV folder you'll be prompted if you want to enter re-author mode. If you do there is no way that you'll get 'encoding title-list menu'.

Yes, you can get the main movie only if you remove all playlists from media tab, which you don't need.

1) Start multiAVCHD
2) Set "Do not implort BDMV/AVCHD/DVD playlists if shorter than" [3600] in AUTHOR tab
3) Drag&drop the BDMV folder and answer with "NO" at the prompt.
4) Open [properties] and remove playlists if needed.

Dean
Old 2nd June 2010, 15:24   #5755  |  Link
insaneoctane

windows7

its me again with windows 7 with the new installation problems trying to work through it and understand what is required to get a working copy of multi avchd on a new installed os.
so i've made progress but i'm not 100 percent fixed yet. i was able to start over and reinstall everything for the directions i read on the board and the biggest difference came for making sure in windows 7 to use the tweak tool that seems to give it a big difference by manually setting everything to use at ffshow now i have a different problem i was able to create a compilation and it was able to process through all of the titles until i got to the motion menu section and then within the first 3 titles i had a machine locked up with the error message the x 264 has quit responding. i noticed when it's creating that motion menus i get at least a dozen icons filling my tray i get 1 of haali and 1 of ffshow and it get some titles well give me the next 264 has stop working. any suggestions?
insaneoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:39   #5756  |  Link
flaviometal

Dean, some of my menus are acting in a strage way... in preview works ok, but after transcode, some buttons insists in not appear (see image). The first button it's normal, the second is missing half, and the third one, doesn't appear. Did you already notice that? It's the third or fourth movie this happens...

By the way, the button mappings are ok, and all working after transcode.
flaviometal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 17:42   #5757  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I'm aware of the problem, but I forgot to fix it. There are some hidden buttons which overlap with your buttons and that's why it happens. These hidden ones are on the right side, so if you had yours to the left it won't happen.

I'll fix it in the next build. Thanks for reminding me of it.
Old 2nd June 2010, 19:35   #5758  |  Link
kempodragon

Just wanted to post an update about my test clip. The conversion came out ok, but with an interesting twist. When the ball was thrown, it was like watching it under a strobe light. You could see it traveling almost 1 frame at at time, but leaving an after image as well. The players movement was normal with no jerkiness, just the ball had this strange effect. When I played the original on the camcorder, the strobe light effect was still there, but much smoother movement. I'll upload a segment sometime showing this, because it's really interesting to watch.
kempodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:15   #5759  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Build 755 (requires full-download | mirror)

* Classic title-list menu: font, size, color and outline set in MENU tab will be used for title names
* Title-list menus: different default background audio
* Main menu: fixed button overlapping (reported few posts up)
* Chapter/Title-list menus: fixed hidden buttons in IGS which cause troubles in some players not changing the active navigation page, causing wrong chapter jumps from chapter menu. Corel WinDVD 10 now doesn't crash when chapter/title-list menu is displayed (but may crash if main menu doesn't have all four buttons PLAY/SETUP/CHAPTERS/TITLE LIST) (to do).
* multiAVCHD.dat updated to [04010755]

Dean
Old 3rd June 2010, 15:17   #5760  |  Link
Capsbackup

Hi deank, I just tried the latest build 755 on a movie only backup created with BD-RB, that has a file size of 4.28GB. I use multiAVCHD to import this movies .mpls file and also add the original Blu-ray's menu .m2ts file, which is 46.5MB.
I notice after multiAVCHD completes, the new movie and menu is 4.35GB, and the newly created menu is 76.1MB.
In the past the reencoded menu had a smaller than the original file size.
For this particular backup, all is well. But is this normal for the reencoded menu to be larger than the original?
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author