Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > New and alternative a/v containers

Old 30th January 2020, 17:38   #23741  |  Link
nussman

He wants money for his private branch:
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176038&page=2
nussman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2020, 17:47   #23742  |  Link
richardpl

I'm also asking money for Blacmagick RAW decoder, so anybody interested?
richardpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2020, 00:14   #23743  |  Link
VictorLS

el Filou
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardpl View Post
My fork of FFmpeg plays ac4 just fine.
It's a pity you haven't reply on my questions
So you'll make LAV Filters with your fork of FFMpeg also with
1. LAV Splitter can recognize AC-4 (and desirable MPEG-7) streams so show them in LAV Splitter's properties in players while playing video with AC-4 track I've uploaded here;
2. LAV Splitter supports support true streaming directshow interfaces (as I understand like i.e. Elecard MPEG Push Demultiplexer) http://www.smartdvb.net/bb/viewtopic...3&t=1768#p6902
3. LAV Video Decoder can deinterlace quasi-interlaced h265 streams (discussed here before);
4. LAV Video Decoder has built-in correct HLG to HDR10 (or even better directly to BT.709 colorspace as mpv does) conversion (not just passing to renderer but if you can write HLG to BT.709 shader tell me too)
features together let's talk about price (may be in PM)

Last edited by VictorLS; 1st February 2020 at 00:44.
VictorLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2020, 01:47   #23744  |  Link
nussman

I am not a license expert, but imho this is violating GNU GPL (https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFil...master/COPYING). So no need for this nonsense here ...
Old 1st February 2020, 08:54   #23745  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nussman View Post
I am not a license expert, but imho this is violating GNU GPL...
Thanks for your tip - mostly I've just wanted to tell what I (and many SAT amateurs) want to be implemented in FFMpeg and therefore in LAV Filters in a future
Old 1st February 2020, 12:52   #23746  |  Link
richardpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorLS View Post
Thanks for your tip - mostly I've just wanted to tell what I (and many SAT amateurs) want to be implemented in FFMpeg and therefore in LAV Filters in a future
If you or anyone want to get something implemented in FFmpeg, than pay me. otherwise code will stay in my fork and not in FFmpeg.
Old 1st February 2020, 13:38   #23747  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
If you or anyone want to get something implemented in FFmpeg, than pay me
a) Why I must even think to pay (btw from Russian Crimea due to West civilization sanctions it's very hard to do) you if you're even haven't answered my simple question (better upload videoproof by any videocamera for that) - I even don't sure you've downloaded my samples (it has expired already)?
b) Are you sure you can to implement all four wishes from my previous post?
c) As I understand you're don't write shaders. Am I right?

Last edited by VictorLS; 1st February 2020 at 13:40.
Old 1st February 2020, 13:54   #23748  |  Link
richardpl

Quote:
a) Why I must even think to pay (btw from Russian Crimea due to West civilization sanctions it's very hard to do) you if you're even haven't answered my simple question (better upload videoproof by any videocamera for that) - I even don't sure you've downloaded my samples (it has expired already)?
b) Are you sure you can to implement all four wishes from my previous post?
c) As I understand you're don't write shaders. Am I right?
I write shaders, but not for you, bye.
Old 2nd February 2020, 09:51   #23749  |  Link
NikosD

Quote:
If you or anyone want to get something implemented in FFmpeg, than pay me. otherwise code will stay in my fork and not in FFmpeg.
Usually, in forums like doom9 where a lot of users come to find answers, workarounds or even solutions to their issues caused by the use of computers, mainly problems around video use here, it's kind of weird and unfamiliar to see someone writing posts like yours.

Most of us here are trying to help without asking money, even developers and professional developers like nevcairiel - I'm not - who is the developer of LAV filters.

I respect your time and effort to write code, but i really don't think you are asking money in the right place.

So, eventually, my wish is that nobody will "bite" from your teasing efforts to make money from doom9 forum and leave this place quitely, as you will find nothing here to gain profit.
NikosD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2020, 10:33   #23750  |  Link
richardpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikosD View Post
Usually, in forums like doom9 where a lot of users come to find answers, workarounds or even solutions to their issues caused by the use of computers, mainly problems around video use here, it's kind of weird and unfamiliar to see someone writing posts like yours.

Most of us here are trying to help without asking money, even developers and professional developers like nevcairiel - I'm not - who is the developer of LAV filters.

I respect your time and effort to write code, but i really don't think you are asking money in the right place.

So, eventually, my wish is that nobody will "bite" from your teasing efforts to make money from doom9 forum and leave this place quitely, as you will find nothing here to gain profit.
There are other commercial products which are discussed here so I see point here to discuss my FFmpeg commercial fork.
Old 4th February 2020, 19:29   #23751  |  Link
RealSnoopyDog

Quote:
LAV Video Decoder has built-in correct HLG to HDR10 (or even better directly to BT.709 colorspace as mpv does) conversion (not just passing to renderer
Where / how can I activate this? When I watch the few UHD stations on ASTRA which are broadcasting with HLG with DVBViewer I don't see that this is supported. The picture (contrast) is kind of gray.
RealSnoopyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2020, 20:58   #23752  |  Link
nussman

This is his wishlist for a „commercial LAV/ffmpeg fork“ ...
Imho VictorLS, richardpl should start a new thread for stuff like that, because its confusing people here.
Old 5th February 2020, 15:29   #23753  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSnoopyDog View Post
Where / how can I activate this? When I watch the few UHD stations on ASTRA which are broadcasting with HLG with DVBViewer I don't see that this is supported. The picture (contrast) is kind of gray.
I'm glad you see ~ same as me on 19e2 UltraHD HLG channels.
I don't know may new versions of DVBViewer work with shaders but in donateware app SmartDVB (about year with many other useful things SmartDVB had being implemented EVR Custom Presenter [EVR-CP] code let be used in app SmartDVB by Russian author of freeware player MPC-BE and shader support in EVR-CP - I knew DVBViewer let choose Custom Presenter by check) to watch HLG on SDR monitor with ~ right colors like mpv does - I gave link where HLG is being discussed at doom9's forum several times in this thread - last one at the end of this post
I hoped HLG to SDR shader will be written ~ in an year by someone but was wrong (or I can't find it in Internet).
Or just wait I guess long enough time (if your computer is powerful enough) when i.e. madVR will process HLG (as it does HDR now) well.
Quote:
This is his wishlist for a „commercial LAV/ffmpeg fork“ ...
You're right - it's one of row from my long enough wishlist
Quote:
Imho VictorLS, richardpl should start a new thread for stuff like that, because its confusing people here.
You're wrong - after
Quote:
I write shaders, but not for you, bye.
there isn't sense in new thread and discussing with richardpl here too but may be anyone know Denmark's CeeJay.dk http://ceejay.dk/ (he write great SweetFX shaders)?
If so reply to HLG processing for good picture on SDR monitor thread, please.

Last edited by VictorLS; 6th February 2020 at 07:15.
Old 5th February 2020, 15:41   #23754  |  Link
huhn

here you go:
https://github.com/Aleksoid1978/Vide...rrect_hlg.hlsl

the line/word about sRGB(it's bt 709 with gamma 2.2) is wrong because sRGB doesn't have a gamma of 2.2 but whatever.

yes madVR should processing HLG pretty much everything it needs is already there but it is as it is right now.

but most importantly lavfilter delivers HLG meta data so it has nothing to improve in this part anymore.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2020, 00:45   #23755  |  Link
VictorLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
here you go
Thank you very much but correct_hlg shader not work in my case even with //#include "hdr_tone_mapping.hlsl" (// helped me to get Convert HDR to SDR some working even in KMPlayer with VMR9 Renderless under WinXP) - colors still the same washed out (
Old 6th February 2020, 08:16   #23756  |  Link
huhn

you ask for a shader and now you notice that this is not enough and want it to work with a video renderer that ages old and on a absolutely dead OS?
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2020, 15:08   #23757  |  Link
VictorLS

Repeat: much large Convert HDR to SDR shader works well enough even in WinXP, and Aleksoid1978 said correct_hlg.hlsl wouldn't work anywhere (as minimum yet) so it implemented in MPC-BE's EVR-CP and don't give correctly colors while playing HLG files. So more research needed - I know it's hard task but I hope to solve it - new season of Formula1 is coming...
Btw I saw absolutely smooth and fluent with modified by Aleksoid1978 LAV Video Decoder 0.68.1.35 has just become Free-to-Air Turkish 4K 3840x2160р50 4:2:0 10bit channel in WinXP with VMR7 (with EVR some worse - sometimes small tearing present) which can be zoomed to Native pixel-to-pixel 3840x2160 on my 1920x1200 monitor (so just 1/4 of video is visible) in lastest version of app SmartDVB and I've written goal 20200206-011432_DIGITURK 4K.ts (376 MB) https://transfiles.ru/97bvd

Last edited by VictorLS; 6th February 2020 at 15:40.
Old 9th February 2020, 06:14   #23758  |  Link
v0lt

@nevcairiel
Hello. I want to remind you of the old problem with cropping support in MKV files.
Here are additional test files - crop_mkv.7z.
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2020, 10:33   #23759  |  Link
mkver

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0lt View Post
@nevcairiel
Hello. I want to remind you of the old problem with cropping support in MKV files.
Here are additional test files - crop_mkv.7z.
Did you create them by simply specifying how many pixels to crop in MKVToolNix? If so, you should be aware that this feature will probably surprise several (most?) users: First of all, cropping has to be applied after decoding (and after applying the cropping specified e.g. in an H.264 SPS) and the DisplayWidth/DisplayHeight only applies to the already cropped frames; yet when you insert the cropping parameters, the Display width/height field is kept as-is and the user is not informed that he might need to modify it in order to keep the original pixel aspect ratio.
As an example, let's take a look at "crop_all_sides50.mkv" that you have uploaded. It's pixel dimensions are 1280x960; it has cropping of 50 pixels on all four sides and it's display dimensions are 1280x960, too. This means that the frame 1180x860 that exists after cropping should be scaled to 1280x960 (i.e. 4/3), so that adding the cropping parameters has made the video anamorphic. I doubt that this was intended.
MPC-BE (with its internal filters) honours the spec in this regard.

Btw: In most instances, there is a way to create files that are played with the correct pixel aspect ratio on players that support the cropping flags as well as on players that ignore them. The key for this is the fact that the default value of DisplayWidth is PixelWidth - PixelCropLeft - PixelCropRight (similar for DisplayHeight). So if you have non-anamorphic content where you simply want to cut black bars/pillars away, you simply add the desired cropping parameters and remove the DisplayWidth/DisplayHeight elements afterwards. Players that honour the cropping flags will crop and infer the Display dimensions to be what the default value I just mentioned is; players that ignore them will simply infer DisplayWidth = PixelWidth and the same for height and both will play it with the right pixel aspect ratio.
(The default value only applies if DisplayUnit is set to pixels (the default value). Unfortunately, using pixel aspect ratio as DisplayUnit is not possible, as this is not a permitted value.)

If the source file is anamorphic, it is not always possible to create files that are played with the correct aspect ratio by both types of players. But one can crop in one dimension (one has to remove the DisplayWidth/Height element corresponding to the dimension that is to be cropped).
mkver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2020, 10:54   #23760  |  Link
v0lt

mkver
These are just examples of cropping using MKV format tools. I don’t understand why you wrote so much.
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
decoders, directshow, filters, splitter