Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 3rd March 2015, 21:22   #7921  |  Link
ChldsPlay

Sorry if this has been asked before. Can multiAVCHD handle Dolby TruHD and DTS HD?

Like if someone has a collection of clips that have those audio formats, and they want to put them together on one disc with a menu structure, will that work? Will the HD audio remain?
ChldsPlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2015, 00:23   #7922  |  Link
buffalofloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChldsPlay View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before. Can multiAVCHD handle Dolby TruHD and DTS HD?

Like if someone has a collection of clips that have those audio formats, and they want to put them together on one disc with a menu structure, will that work? Will the HD audio remain?
I have had success making BDR's using both of these Hi-Rez formats with this program. I run into issues if I try to transcode the audio, I didn't used to but I do now. I really like DTS-HD, I don't really care for Dolby True-HD... it's more of a pain in the ass imo.
buffalofloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2015, 18:34   #7923  |  Link
szabi

Hi

Some unwanted audio streams were stripped from 35GB's Blu-ray.
The result really suprised me because the new size is 65GB.
What went wrong?

bye
szabi
szabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2015, 18:43   #7924  |  Link
buffalofloyd

Happy 4th of July to all of us who celebrate!

It's been 3 years to the day since the last update... so sad This program is truly dead me thinks.
Old 4th July 2015, 19:22   #7925  |  Link
DoctorM

Yeah, but there's still a few things it does that nothing else can.
A shame it's dead, but I won't be uninstalling it any time soon.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2015, 05:15   #7926  |  Link
buffalofloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
Yeah, but there's still a few things it does that nothing else can.
A shame it's dead, but I won't be uninstalling it any time soon.
Nope, very true. I use it constantly for making all blu-rays. Can't ever uninstall it.
Old 13th July 2015, 14:26   #7927  |  Link
Dofin

More explanations on recepient folder of converted sup subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Here is a small tool for fast text subtitle conversion (microDVD SUB, SRT, SSA/ASS) to PGS/SUP/XML/PNG(BDM):

Download link: 1.3MB standalone package

Download link: 125KB executable only (if you have multiAVCHD, just put it in multiAVCHD folder).

(since my servers are down, here is a mirror for the .exe only.)

As you can see, it is quite simple, but some people need just that.

XML+PNG are saved in a .rar archive in source file folder (just like easySUP does).
SUP is saved in source file folder.

It takes about 2-3 mins to process 500 subpictures in 1080p, about 1min for 720p (and 20-30secs for 480/576i).

No external filters/plugins are used in the avisynth script.

It supports, left/center/right alignment, bottom offset, font size/color/outline, shadow, blur, opacity... Breaks long lines in ssa/ass, converts {000}{000} microDVD sub and ssa/ass to srt before converting to png/xml/sup.

Requires only avisynth and java (for bdsup2sub).

goSUP supports multiple source files. You can drag&drop multiple text subtitles to the file-box and get them processed in batch.

Dean
Hi ! I've tried goSUP and I saw the conversion going and completed but sup are supposed to be in the source folder. Is it the srt subs folder or the goSUP folder or folder where multiAVCHD tools are ? I can not find my converted sup ! Very strange. Thanks for helping me.
Old 13th July 2015, 22:39   #7928  |  Link
Capsbackup

You could try doing a search with the original name of the file and .sup on the end to see if you can find it that way.
Or it could be in the source folder but just did not get the ".sup" extension put on the end so you can't tell that it's there.
Or it did not actually convert the file because of an error.
Look for the .RAR file folder.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2015, 01:42   #7929  |  Link
Dofin

I've done such search without any positive results. Tell me, it looks like goSup would come up within multiAVCHD if extension has been put in the multiAVCHD folder. Is it right ?

When I had external subs, there is no popup windows or any additional changes to the program, that would permit to use goSUP at this point. I've also tried easySUP with same result. I'm still with Windows 7 64.

Thanks for your response.

Update: I've found the folder "multiTEMP-20150705" under TEMP folder in multiAVCHD. But I have another problem, multiAVCHD authored the addition but refuses to show subs although I can see it under BDInfo and MediaInfo. Must it be authored with BDEdit ? If so, this is a real challenge as things I can do with this marvelous program, are limited

Last edited by Dofin; 14th July 2015 at 01:50. Reason: Found new informations
Dofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2015, 00:04   #7930  |  Link
prb

BFF problems

I want to download Hauppauge captured HD AVCHD video to DVD in AVCHD format. I am running into BFF problems, even if I alter detected properties to BFF interlaced. I have gone through this thread and done what is suggested, but my videos still show BFF foward-backward motion problems when played on my SONY Blu-Ray player. I believe I have all the tools needed by MultiAVCHD.

Is there something else I should be doing?
prb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2015, 15:54   #7931  |  Link
worknstiff

If I remember correctly the Hauppauge HD AVCHD videos are usually captured using the component RGB connections and the cable box sends 1080i 59.97 or 720p at 29.970 fps. You get into all sorts of problems when you try toconvert them to another format because the cable box compression algorithm's are very inconsistent and have all sorts of bandwidth artifacts and errors because it's so compressed. When was the last time you watched even an HBO show with out glitches. I finally gave up on using the Hauppauge for capturing anything except over the air broadcasts because of this. At least the OTA broadcasts were not squeezed down to just a garbage bitrate but they still had some artifacts because of interference in the signal. I finally gave up on my Hauppauge 1212 and sold it. TV has become such a crappy excuse for high definition because the cable companies need for more and more crappy channels and to supply the idiots who are apparently willing to pay through the nose for all the on demand non-sense. Wow! I think I'll pay 7.99 right now to watch The Walking Dead "AIR" on my cable box, lol. I can just imagine how crappy its going to be when they try to cram 4K into the wire.
worknstiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 18:33   #7932  |  Link
rs008f

I was told multiAVCHD is not recommended for authoring SD AVCHD because the x264 is very outdated and there is no way to replace with newer versions. Is this true? I'm archiving interlaced and progressive SD DV captures onto Blurays.
rs008f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 19:16   #7933  |  Link
Music Fan

You can encode your videos in x264 before to open them in multiAVCHD that will be used only for authoring.
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2015, 19:40   #7934  |  Link
DoctorM

Couldn't you manually swap out the x264.exe component? You can change the switches manually from within multiAVCHD.
Old 15th September 2015, 20:01   #7935  |  Link
rs008f

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorM View Post
Couldn't you manually swap out the x264.exe component? You can change the switches manually from within multiAVCHD.
Someone told me this is not possible because there is no place to manually set switches.
rs008f is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2015, 03:51   #7936  |  Link
DoctorM

Under the settings tab there is a box that says "X264". You can select to use the 64-bit version, and add command line options to one pass, or two pass encodings.
I haven't tried swapping out the encoder, but it could work in theory.
Old 13th January 2016, 22:04   #7937  |  Link
Jijital

Pop-up Menu not appearing on 720p videos - multiAVCHD

Hello everyone,

When authoring a BD with multiAVCHD, pop-up menu does not appear, when I press the remote key. And this is happening only when using 720p videos, because with 1080p, it pops-up fine!
Of course, in the "Author" tab, the "Add pop-up menu" option is always checked.
I thought it was my stand-alone player (Panasonic), but I also tested the disc on an LG BD player and I got the same failure.

Any suggestion, please?
Thank you,

Jiji
Jijital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016, 11:55   #7938  |  Link
Music Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jijital View Post
When authoring a BD with multiAVCHD, pop-up menu does not appear, when I press the remote key. And this is happening only when using 720p videos
Even when player's resolution is set on 1080p ?
If yes, try to uncheck "always match pop-up resolution".
Music Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2016, 14:22   #7939  |  Link
Jijital

Oh, I have to try that!
Thanks very much, for now. I'll let you know!
Old 14th January 2016, 20:23   #7940  |  Link
Jijital

Problem solved!
Actually, in the "Menu/Advanced" tab, the "Always match pop-up menu to the title resolution" option was not checked, in my settings. Checking that, just solved the issue.
Thanks very much indeed!
Jiji

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author