Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 2nd July 2008, 05:53   #1  |  Link
ShakaZulu
ShakaZulu

Am I doing this right? DVD to WMV VC1 5.1

My goal for now is to take my entire DVD collection and rip them to my Windows Home Server. This will allow me to be a bigger couch potato so that I don't have to look through all of my dvd's to decide what to watch.

Can someone tell me if I am on the right track, and also any advice on how to be more efficient would be greatly appreciated?

I am taking the following approach:

1. Rip DVD to VOB with DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0
(I can also rip the 5.1 audio to a AC3 track with delay given to me)

2. Using DGIndex I load the VOB and select Forced Film for the Video and Disable for Audio. This gives me a d2v file.

3. If needed use AC3 Delay to fix the AC3 delay.

4. Using Besweet with Belight GUI 0.22 beta 9 I manage to extract 6 WAV files from the AC3.

5. Create an AviSynth (avs) script with the following:
LoadPlugin("C:\dgmpgdec\DGDecode.dll")
MPEG2Source("C:\DVDRip\<filename>.d2v")

6. Load up Windows Media Encoder and follow the directions at http://on10.net/blogs/benwagg/Elepha...e/Default.aspx
(Use the avs file as my video source and the 6 wav files as my audio)

This approach has taken me a long while to get through but eventually I have got a working wmv file.

I am however wondering how efficient this is? Is there a faster/better way? Is there any way to automate this? Can I go from AC3 directly to the WME? I tried using the WMCmd.vbs but I was unable to get it to work by passing in both video and audio. Any ideas?
ShakaZulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2008, 07:57   #2  |  Link
Ajax_Undone
I dont care so should you

maybe try automkv it seems to be the best for making wmv files in my opinion... There is an installer in my signature but I would use and updated version of ffdshow

PS for best results always check the tread for updates and extra info... (Don't install them both, only one can exist in the destination folder)

Tags
ac3, dvd, vc1, wmv