Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 20th October 2017, 18:20   #26601  |  Link
kufo

[QUOTE=andref4;1822498]Hi jdobbs,

I have some encoding problems with a few new German/EU Reg. B Blu-Ray movies (see log). All movies are multipart and the 3D movie is multipart and multiangel! And the movies are all from Sony!
BAYWATCH, ARRIVAL and THE SMURFS THE LOST VILLAGE 3D.
[code]
Similar problems for me. With Baywatch and Smurfs 3D ( Both region B )
Baywatch fails in exact these folder with about 27% while exracting audio. Had the same problem with xXx -Return of Xander Cage 3D.
This titele worked in a later redfox update two versions later.
I think the issue is multi angele for the Smurfs and the extended version in Baywatch. I ripped both untouched for testing. Arrival was without problems . The isue is in the ripping software, I think.
kufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2017, 16:55   #26602  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufo View Post
This titele worked in a later redfox update two versions later.
That makes it clear where the issue is...
Old 23rd October 2017, 03:32   #26603  |  Link
Lathe

Compressing Series Discs...

I know we've talked about this before, but I can't remember seem to remember anything... I wonder why...?

Oh yeah... that's probably why...

Seriously though, I'm trying to compress one of the old Avengers series discs. I don't do that too often, but in this case I want to keep the full menus and such. I can't seem to remember if there is a way to indicate which playlists / files are the Xtras so that you can tell BDRB to do those faster. But, if you just select 'faster encode for extras' which is what I would normally do with a movie, in this case I THINK with a series disc with like 3 or 4 episodes on it, BDRB will only encode the largest episode properly and then do everything else, including the OTHER episodes at a faster rate, right?

I tried being 'clever' and last night I chose 1 pass CRF to fit a BD-50 to a BD-25. The dang thing took like 18 hours! I was thinking of tonight trying a 1 pass ABR set at 'High', but then it will do EVERYTHING that way...

Any suggestions on how to speed up doing a full BD-50 series disc but still keeping high quality for the 3 or 4 episodes on the disc?

Thanks!
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2017, 18:36   #26604  |  Link
Sharc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
.... I tried being 'clever' and last night I chose 1 pass CRF to fit a BD-50 to a BD-25. The dang thing took like 18 hours! I was thinking of tonight trying a 1 pass ABR set at 'High', but then it will do EVERYTHING that way...
Hmmm .... why not just try BD-RB in AUTO mode and tell us afterwards what quality difference you spot compared with your 18 hours CRF encode?
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2017, 21:37   #26605  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
I tried being "clever" and last night I chose 1 pass CRF to fit a BD-50 to a BD-25. The dang thing took like 18 hours! I was thinking of tonight trying a 1 pass ABR set at 'High', but then it will do EVERYTHING that way...

Any suggestions on how to speed up doing a full BD-50 series disc but still keeping high quality for the 3 or 4 episodes on the disc?

Thanks!
I don't think there is a way. I use 2-pass for a final rerender..always. Episode BDs, as far as I know and looking through the Hidden Options don't have a way to "quick" encode the extras. I think JD would have to add the ability to Flag extras for quick processing like movie BDs. Hmm..
I admit I've considered requesting this but I don't have many Episode BDs.
Old 23rd October 2017, 21:45   #26606  |  Link
gonca

@Lathe
Quote:
Get a decent computer
gonca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2017, 21:50   #26607  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharc View Post
Hmmm .... why not just try BD-RB in AUTO mode and tell us afterwards what quality difference you spot compared with your 18 hours CRF encode?
Yeah, that is a good suggestion. Actually, I was gonna do that, but first I wanted to see why it took so long. Apparently my usual 'Tweaks' that I use with movies must have REALLY slowed it down way more than I thought! So, I removed the tweaks and re-ran BDRB with the same CRF / BD-25 setting on the 2nd disc in the series. Well, right away I noticed that instead of predicting around 4 or 5 hours an episode, that it now would be about 2 hours, which was a lot better and should finish the encode in 8-10 hours overnight instead of 18!

But, my next step would have been simply to set it to 'Automatic' and see what it did. But, this turned out okay. I don't do full disc encodes too often and when I do I suppose it would be with series discs like this IF I wanted to keep all episodes and menus, which with say STAR TREK: TNG that wasn't the case, where I only selected certain episodes and grouped them together.
Old 23rd October 2017, 21:52   #26608  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
I don't think there is a way. I use 2-pass for a final rerender..always. Episode BDs, as far as I know and looking through the Hidden Options don't have a way to "quick" encode the extras. I think JD would have to add the ability to Flag extras for quick processing like movie BDs. Hmm..
I admit I've considered requesting this but I don't have many Episode BDs.
Yeah, and like you, I probably wouldn't really use it that much either as a rule. As it turns out, using the 1 pass CRF (which I prefer as a process anyway and doesn't take as long) worked just fine. I think the average episode to fit onto a BD-25 was about 18 /19 which is just fine, especially for these old episodes.
Old 23rd October 2017, 21:59   #26609  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonca View Post
@Lathe

Get a decent computer
Verrrrrrrrrrry funny little 'g'...

No, it was my over-anal little 'tweaks' that slowed everything down so much. I'm guessing that with 1 pass CRF and set at 'high' the tweaks take a LOT longer and in the case with episodes it's not really necessary. Whereas, when I'm usually doing movie encodes with 2 pass 'high', they don't seem to slow it down as much and are probably more useful there than with episodes.
Old 23rd October 2017, 22:04   #26610  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
anal ... 'tweaks'
Too much info, we don't need to know what you do with your anus,
just get a decent computer
Old 23rd October 2017, 22:10   #26611  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
*sigh... I guess I deserve that one...

Still...
Old 23rd October 2017, 22:27   #26612  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Nice!! Laughing so much my sides hurt! I love laughing that much. Oohhh, Wow....

@JD

Back to BD-RB.. I was messin' around with a BD recently and noticed when doing a Menu & Menu's lossless backup (BD50), using Decode=1 or 2, a DTS is not rerendered to AC-3. But when using Decoder=3 it will rerender DTS to AC-3. Unless KEEP_HD_AUDIO=1, then it - nope. I'll do some more checking..
Old 23rd October 2017, 22:29   #26613  |  Link
gonca

@Lathe

Old 23rd October 2017, 22:30   #26614  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
*sigh... I guess I deserve that one...

Still...
Hmmmm..Lathe....???
Old 23rd October 2017, 22:57   #26615  |  Link
Lathe

Okay, we are TOTALLY gonna get in trouble here... I can just feel JD on his way, and it's NOT gonna be pretty...!
Old 23rd October 2017, 23:09   #26616  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Argghh..the replies for this Forum have been going to Junk mail. This is a new event. I rarely check that. So, JD, when I commented before...yep, they are --- were....in there.
Old 23rd October 2017, 23:24   #26617  |  Link
gonca

Quote:
Argghh..the replies for this Forum have been going to Junk mail. This is a new event. I rarely check that. So, JD, when I commented before...yep, they are --- were....in there.
You don't suppose that has something to do with Lathe's posts do you?
Old 23rd October 2017, 23:27   #26618  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Hey, don't feel badly AF... Actually, it's some really exciting, new experimental AI software being implemented here at Doom9. It's really awesome! What it does is automatically scan the posts here on the site, and when it detects posts such as the ones from gonca, Varekai, etc., which have very little or no value at all, it automatically shunts them to the Junk Mail folder.

Isn't that great!
Old 23rd October 2017, 23:33   #26619  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
You don't suppose that has something to do with Lathe's posts do you?
If I thought luck were a truth, I coooould blame Lathe, haha!

Some kind of change(s) Google made, I'm thinking. More and more I don't care for Google/GMail at all. Not even what the newer Microsoft has done to Hotmail; now Outlook...a lot of bugs since Hotmail was replaced.

The Doom9 notifications started going into Junk in September.
Old 23rd October 2017, 23:40   #26620  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Hey, don't feel badly AF... Actually, it's some really exciting, new experimental AI software being implemented here at Doom9. It's really awesome! What it does is automatically scan the posts here on the site, and when it detects posts such as the ones from gonca, Varekai, etc., which have very little or no value at all, it automatically shunts them to the Junk Mail folder.

Isn't that great!
I don't feel bad, and that would be cool if it were true. Where do I make modifications/additions?? Wink!

I'm a fan of uncontrolled AI like Max Headroom (created), but not a fan of uncontrolled AI (cannot power off).