Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 13th September 2019, 15:40   #17321  |  Link
lemaireus

Update regarding the following posts:

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...32#post1884332
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...33#post1884333
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...90#post1884690
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...00#post1884700

I ran the tests and here are the results: every encode that involved audio encoding on a setting other than 'copy stream' failed. None of the job folders of the encodes which gave the error contained the new encoded audio file which should have been there. The inference was obvious: that EAC3 wasn't kicking in at the start of the encoding process because, most likely, the file with the command line code meant to start EAC3 might have become corrupted.

Once the problem was diagnosed, it was the small matter of testing a solution. I downloaded a fresh copy of Ripbot, updated it, and ran the test encodes again, and everything is now working fine.

Essentially, I went through all the frustration I did because of the corruption of the file with the command line that was meant to start EAC3 for encoding audio, and which stopped working at some stage.

Thank you very much for your suggestions, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that the encodes proceed smoothly hereafter.
lemaireus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2019, 16:54   #17322  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Ffms2 is more broken than i thought. Latest version of lsmash
(Not included in ripbot) fixed vc1 decoding and that random skips in avc and hevc. Just test your files in my tool seektester to see what i mean.
I'd be willing to try LSmash again once the new version is added to RB, if it fixed the seek/frame issues that were happening before.
How is FFMS2 broken? I'm not seeing issues with it at the moment.
byteshare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2019, 16:56   #17323  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by byteshare View Post
I'd be willing to try LSmash again once the new version is added to RB, if it fixed the seek/frame issues that were happening before.
How is FFMS2 broken? I'm not seeing issues with it at the moment.
https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...07#post1884507
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2019, 23:29   #17324  |  Link
stryker412

Tried a number of different things such as older versions of RipBot, manually updating eac3to/mkvtoolnix/etc. Nothing has worked. Been using RipBot for years and now it won't load any audio tracks from this rip. Of all things... It's the recent Scooby Doo BD release. The audio tracks are there (they play fine in VLC). At a loss here.
stryker412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2019, 11:43   #17325  |  Link
cypher007

hello, awesome program been using it for years.

but I have one feature request. if I have an MKV with a DTS-MA sound track I would like to be able to recode it with just DTS core. I can do this with a pure blu ray using ripbot as it will let me select core. but it seems I have no options like this when dealing with MKV's.
cypher007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2019, 11:54   #17326  |  Link
slalom

Use tsMuxer to get the core
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemaireus View Post
Once the problem was diagnosed, it was the small matter of testing a solution. I downloaded a fresh copy of Ripbot, updated it, and ran the test encodes again, and everything is now working fine.

Essentially, I went through all the frustration I did because of the corruption of the file with the command line that was meant to start EAC3 for encoding audio, and which stopped working at some stage.

Thank you very much for your suggestions, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that the encodes proceed smoothly hereafter.
Told you!
slalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2019, 06:53   #17327  |  Link
Viper714

Long Encoding for 4K Movie

So, I just finished encoding a 4K movie, The Mummy 3" and it took 6 hours and 40 minutes to encode in x265. Should I do 264 instead. That is way to looong with four machines running in DE. I can normally do 1080 blu rays in x264 in about 45-60 minutes. I just encode video and do a copy stream on audio. What is the best setting for encoding 4K movies? Any suggestions are helpful...

Below is a sample of my conversion times. Disregard the Aquaman times it was a test only.

Last edited by Viper714; 15th September 2019 at 07:03.
Viper714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2019, 11:06   #17328  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

There is no best settings ... 4x pixels to encode plus x265 Has to take a long time.
Old 15th September 2019, 12:30   #17329  |  Link
stryker412

Atak, I downloaded Staxrip and was able to load up the source files without problem. Any idea why Ripbot cannot pull up the audio or chapters for these?

https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php...ostcount=17298
https://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php...ostcount=17324
stryker412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2019, 12:37   #17330  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Maybe filename Has some non standard (unicode)characters.
Old 16th September 2019, 16:37   #17331  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Maybe filename Has some non standard (unicode)characters.
Yeah, I setup a regex batch (antRenamer) to strip those from my files before I add them to RipBot.
Old 19th September 2019, 20:07   #17332  |  Link
emmaurilio

Hi all!

Iīm having some problems with encoding with RipBot1.21 and above. I tried to find a topic about this problem without success. The solution may be quite simple, but I don't know a lot about the details of the encoder plugins. Thatīs why I ask your help.

The files bellow will show better what is happening, but in short the final file had a green frame added after each normal frame of the original video.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a2eu6dlan...lwcFVxY_a?dl=0

The encoding is working well until version 1.20. I suspect that the problem is occurring with the AviSynth.

Can someone help me?
emmaurilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2019, 20:28   #17333  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaurilio View Post
Hi all!

Iīm having some problems with encoding with RipBot1.21 and above. I tried to find a topic about this problem without success. The solution may be quite simple, but I don't know a lot about the details of the encoder plugins. Thatīs why I ask your help.

The files bellow will show better what is happening, but in short the final file had a green frame added after each normal frame of the original video.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a2eu6dlan...lwcFVxY_a?dl=0

The encoding is working well until version 1.20. I suspect that the problem is occurring with the AviSynth.

Can someone help me?
Will be fixed in next auto update. Be patient.

Temporary hack -> rename .mpg to .ts

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 19th September 2019 at 20:31.
Old 19th September 2019, 20:37   #17334  |  Link
emmaurilio

Quote:

Thanks for the answer!

I'm patient , but just to understand how it works... is there a prediction or even vague idea of the timing of this next update? I am using version 1.20, so I disabled autoupdate and because that I will not know when it occurs. :/

Thanks.
Old 19th September 2019, 20:40   #17335  |  Link
emmaurilio

Quote:

It works!!! Thanks!
Old 20th September 2019, 19:54   #17336  |  Link
POTI

I have an odd one. It just started happening yesterday. I am running win 10 all up to date. I started getting this error.
AVC Import results: 159138 samples (481657 NALUs) - Slices: 1460 I 53052 P 104626 B - 160553 SEI - 1414 IDR
Stream uses forward prediction - stream CTS offset: 2 frames
Opening file C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.aac failed
Error importing C:\Temp\RipBot264temp\job1\Encoded_Audio_1.aac:lang=und: Requested URL is not valid or cannot be found

I checked to make sure that the temp folder is shared and it is. The Encoded_Audio_1.aac is missing. I can go in and play the job and it all appears and sounds ok. Anything else you need from me to look into this? Happening on multiple encodes.
POTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2019, 17:32   #17337  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

I noticed machines running WIn10 slow down encoding when headless left alone. As soon as I log into them with Remote Desktop, the pace steps up. If I manually set the priority of ffmpeg/x265 to "above normal" - I get full usage of CPU - until the next chunk and it all slows down again.
Win7 machines in my swarm don't show this behaviour.
The win10 Machines are already cleaned from most background processes.

I tried setting "priority above normal" in the server settings, but this doesnīt seem to change anything.

Any advice?
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2019, 18:06   #17338  |  Link
byteshare
ByteShare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinerSchweinlin View Post
I noticed machines running WIn10 slow down encoding when headless left alone. As soon as I log into them with Remote Desktop, the pace steps up. If I manually set the priority of ffmpeg/x265 to "above normal" - I get full usage of CPU - until the next chunk and it all slows down again.

I tried setting "priority above normal" in the server settings, but this doesnīt seem to change anything.

Any advice?
Leave them logged in? I just leave mine logged in (not locked) and don't see an issue with the CPU like that.
Old 23rd September 2019, 19:12   #17339  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinerSchweinlin View Post

Any advice?
Maybe it is some power saving strategy in win10? I can't help here because I'm using only win7.
https://www.thewindowsclub.com/power...ing-windows-10
Old 24th September 2019, 11:47   #17340  |  Link
ReinerSchweinlin

Thanx to both of you for replying.
@byteshare
I canīt leave all of them logged in, so this sadly is no option for me.
@Atak
Would it be possible to implement "priority above normal" for the startup of the servers`?
ReinerSchweinlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
264, 265, appletv, avchd, bluray, gui, iphone, ipod, ps3, psp, ripbot264, x264 2-pass, x264 gui, x264_64, x265, xbox360