Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 29th July 2018, 23:23   #3001  |  Link
Magik Mark

It all started using x265 2.8+49 above

I'm using "awarpsharp2" only (AVS)

I was thinking maybe changes in x265 parameters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khun_Doug View Post
Would you provide some additional information. For instance, please specify the filters and their order. Are you able to successfully preview the video? Are you using VapourSynth or AVS?

FYI, I recently had trouble with almost every encode that used SMDegrain. I wasn't able to determine the exact source. There were newer versions of AviAynth+ and masktool2. Updating both of those resolved the error and I can encode again. If you are using AVS please see if you have latest AviAynth+. Also check the revision(s) of your filters.
Old 30th July 2018, 16:26   #3002  |  Link
Khun_Doug

It is possible something with x265 has changed. You can try going to a minimal set of x265 settings, something akin to the default profile for x265.

Does this happen very shortly after starting the encode? Or is this something that happens after the encode is well underway? Perhaps it happens at random points?

Finally, I know x265 is under relative constant upgrading. Within the past 30 days there have been new releases. In the event they accidentally made a bug in the version you are testing, see if the current version resolves the issue.
Khun_Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2018, 23:44   #3003  |  Link
Magik Mark

Thanks for the reply. I'll try to ask in x265 team aswell. I will run more tests and try to figure out which among the switches have been changed
Old 2nd August 2018, 16:31   #3004  |  Link
NikosD

A new QSVEnc v3.09 is available but it's the last time I post on this thread until a real developer like Raven take in charge.

I'm under the impression that something happened between Stax and Raven and that conflict led to a temporary - I hope - pause of development for this application.

I don't know if it's too early to declare this project dead, but definitely it doesn't look that much alive.
NikosD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2018, 02:54   #3005  |  Link
Khun_Doug

If Raven is monitoring this list, it would be helpful if we knew if he plans to go forward with the work he started. I know it was some time before someone else took over VirtualDub. Now VirtualDub has forked to VirtualDub 2. Hopefully if Raven doesn't want to continue the project, someone else will eventually take this forward. It simply is too useful to be left to fade away.
Old 6th August 2018, 18:25   #3006  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikosD View Post
A new QSVEnc v3.09 is available but it's the last time I post on this thread until a real developer like Raven take in charge.

I'm under the impression that something happened between Stax and Raven and that conflict led to a temporary - I hope - pause of development for this application.

I don't know if it's too early to declare this project dead, but definitely it doesn't look that much alive.
nothing happenend, I think I've only talked to stax once on another forum.

I needed certain functions in staxrip didn't contain it's why I updated some features and added more filters and cut others that were never used.
Revan654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2018, 18:27   #3007  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
If Raven is monitoring this list, it would be helpful if we knew if he plans to go forward with the work he started. I know it was some time before someone else took over VirtualDub. Now VirtualDub has forked to VirtualDub 2. Hopefully if Raven doesn't want to continue the project, someone else will eventually take this forward. It simply is too useful to be left to fade away.
I'll try my best to update the software but I'm not sure what everyone wants right now. Is there any filters you want added?(Must be 64Bit and supported by Avs+).

The source code on my desktop got corrupted some how, so I had to restart from last code posted on github. The PC I use to program is very old. In the progress of building a new PC.

I've been programming in python which has been taking up most of my time. Which is a massive program and everything had to be created from the ground up.

Here is my releases for StaxRip: https://github.com/Revan654/staxrip/releases if anyone is interested.

I have allot of things I been working on, and I had to do a bunch of search for python to see how it handles certain data types so I could use them properly.

I will most likely be updating VS next, since I updated avs allot in staxrip and havn't touched vs yet.

I also have one idea what I want to do, I'm not sure if it's possible at this stage or not, I have to do some research on the matter to see.

Last edited by Revan654; 6th August 2018 at 18:48.
Old 6th August 2018, 18:38   #3008  |  Link
mcjordan

NVEncC v4.1.1
- Fix avsync issue in some cases:
Countermeasures against sound slippage in some movie files.
- Relaxing restriction on GOP length of Bluray option.
mcjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2018, 18:43   #3009  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by mparade View Post
The resulted dgi file contains all the HDR info required by the encoder. If StaxRip read out the infos from this file, that would be great! Right now, one should manually read out and insert them.
Make sure all the metadata is intact, There are different forms of HDR metadata. Specially when you reach the colorspace area.

Staxrip reads the data from mediainfo and then injects it into the program.

I've made some changes on that, I just have to find a HDR file to test and see if it works now.

*Note* Only "True" HDR files will be supported that uses BT.2020 colorspace. If it uses anything else like P3 or such it will not work. P3 is not part of the HDR colorspace that is supported by the official docs.

It should look like this:

Colorprim: 2020
Matrix: 2020 NC
Transfer: ST. 2084
Range: limited

If the above is matched it will autodetect it as HDR source and select the proper VUI settings.
Old 6th August 2018, 19:57   #3010  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan654 View Post
*Note* Only "True" HDR files will be supported that uses BT.2020 colorspace. If it uses anything else like P3 or such it will not work. P3 is not part of the HDR colorspace that is supported by the official docs.
You aren't referring to something as the following, are you?
Code:
Color primaries                          : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics                 : PQ
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries        : Display P3
Mastering display luminance              : min: 0.0500 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
(Shown like this in MediaInfo.)
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2018, 20:06   #3011  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchfries View Post
Hey

First, I just wanted to say that I've been using Staxrip since the beginning so I'm glad someone took it on after Stax76 left.

Awesomely, the new version of QSVEnc seems to add the missing pieces for full HDR support.

Command line is annoying though, so can you add the missing bits to the GUI? Specifically, Max CLL and FALL, min/max luma, updated color matrixes, display primaries? Might be something I've forgotten.

As I'm sure you're aware the updated switches are detailed in an empty run of QSVEnc.exe but see below for an excerpt

--colormatrix <string> undef, auto, bt709, smpte170m, bt470bg
smpte240m, YCgCo, fcc, GBR, bt2020nc
bt2020c
default: undef
--colorprim <string> undef, auto, bt709, smpte170m, bt470m
bt470bg, smpte240m, film, bt2020
--transfer <string> undef, auto, bt709, smpte170m, bt470m
bt470bg, smpte240m, linear, log100, log316
iec61966-2-4, bt1361e, iec61966-2-1
bt2020-10, bt2020-12, smpte2084, smpte428
arib-srd-b67
--aud insert aud nal unit to ouput stream.
--pic-struct insert pic-timing SEI with pic_struct.
--chromaloc <int> set chroma location flag [ 0 ... 5 ]
default: 0 = unspecified
--fullrange set stream as fullrange yuv
--max-cll <int>,<int> set MaxCLL and MaxFall in nits. e.g. "1000,300"
--master-display <string> set Mastering display data.
e.g. "G(13250,34500)B(7500,3000)R(34000,16000)WP(15635,16450)L(10000000,1)"

Thanks again for taking this one on.
I had them in, but had to delete them since early versions were were missing features & switches that the doc clearly stated it had. I talked about it a few pages back I believe.
Old 6th August 2018, 20:18   #3012  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
You aren't referring to something as the following, are you?
Code:
Color primaries                          : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics                 : PQ
Matrix coefficients                      : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries        : Display P3
Mastering display luminance              : min: 0.0500 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
(Shown like this in MediaInfo.)

When it comes to P3 and mastering content:

Quote:
In cinema, it's common to master HDR content in the DCI P3 color space, with either the DCI (~D50) or D65 white points. This is not a supported format for delivery to consumer electronics.

When mastering, choose Rec. 2020 color primaries (the Rec. 2100 standard implies Rec. 2020 color in many applications).
A common mistake is to master in P3, then tag the result using Rec. 2020 primaries. This will result in an oversaturated look with shifted hues.
I would also use MKVToolNix(mkvinfo) to double check the metadata results.

Proper HDR Metadata in Mediainfo:

Proper Metadata inside mkvinfo:

Old 6th August 2018, 20:51   #3013  |  Link
sneaker_ger

The coordinates shown in your mkvinfo screenshot are P3:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DCI-P3#System_colorimetry

My point being is to not be confused by MediaInfo showing "Mastering display color primaries : Display P3". It is "proper" HDR. (Not saying you didn't understand but maybe for others.)
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2018, 20:58   #3014  |  Link
NikosD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan654 View Post
I'll try my best to update the software but I'm not sure what everyone wants right now. Is there any filters you want added?(Must be 64Bit and supported by Avs+).

Here is my releases for StaxRip: https://github.com/Revan654/staxrip/releases if anyone is interested.
Happy to see you around here again.

I think your replies are the most detailed in this forum.

For me, if you just keep up with the latest versions of the tools inside StaxRip (they are a lot) is enough, if you don't have time for more.

I mean real update with all the new functionality of the latest versions added to StaxRip's GUI + bugs fixes.

Your last version was around 2 months ago.

When do you believe you will be ready for the next one ?
NikosD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2018, 03:13   #3015  |  Link
Khun_Doug

Good to see you are still here Raven. Interesting you mention about a project in Python. I too am working on a massive project in Python.

As for filters, I rely on mClean and SMDegrain. Both of those also need the PreFetch. Other filters are the IVTC, Yadifmod2 and TDEint. Hard to believe that as old as TDEint is, no other filter can do all the things that one does with interlaced material.

If I were to think of something that could be requested it would inclusion of Levels and also GrayScale. I manually add these in, but it would be handy if they were right on the menus.
Old 7th August 2018, 06:14   #3016  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Good to see you are still here Raven. Interesting you mention about a project in Python. I too am working on a massive project in Python.

As for filters, I rely on mClean and SMDegrain. Both of those also need the PreFetch. Other filters are the IVTC, Yadifmod2 and TDEint. Hard to believe that as old as TDEint is, no other filter can do all the things that one does with interlaced material.

If I were to think of something that could be requested it would inclusion of Levels and also GrayScale. I manually add these in, but it would be handy if they were right on the menus.
Levels is already there in mainly for changing levels from PC <-> TV (It's under ColorYUV).

I don't want to overcrowd the context menu. There also plenty you can add manually if need be.

I will likely remove one or two line filters, since that menu is getting a bit crowded.
Old 7th August 2018, 18:05   #3017  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker_ger View Post
The coordinates shown in your mkvinfo screenshot are P3:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DCI-P3#System_colorimetry

My point being is to not be confused by MediaInfo showing "Mastering display color primaries : Display P3". It is "proper" HDR. (Not saying you didn't understand but maybe for others.)
I was mainly trying to show the other metadata tags. Mediainfo is been kind of a mess for HDR and only recently started to fix some of the broken functions.

P3 will be reject by many services and some electronics. Even youtube rejects P3 and only allows 2020 for HDR uploads. Youtube is behind the curve when it comes to support new types of formats and such.
Old 7th August 2018, 18:07   #3018  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikosD View Post
Happy to see you around here again.

I think your replies are the most detailed in this forum.

For me, if you just keep up with the latest versions of the tools inside StaxRip (they are a lot) is enough, if you don't have time for more.

I mean real update with all the new functionality of the latest versions added to StaxRip's GUI + bugs fixes.

Your last version was around 2 months ago.

When do you believe you will be ready for the next one ?
I will start work on it once python project is finished. Which should be soon. Been working on this project for over month+. It's in testing phase now, it's trying to test it and see if it will run on two different platforms which slows down the process.
Old 7th August 2018, 18:23   #3019  |  Link
Revan654

Quote:

I personally prefer python over MVS(MVS is a memory hog), which is what Staxrip is written in. I had to do plenty of research to for certain functions. Specially when it came to web functions and such. I also trying to make the project as file-less as possible(No external files being created). Also needed to make sure it could run without the need of root access.

---------

mClean is not going anywhere, I personally consider it one top denoisers in avisynth. Along with MCTemporalDenoise. Even though mclean has some issues when using it(Usually black screen when previewing). Right now sure if it's mclean or windows files that create the issues. It looks like the script since the second you disable it everything returns to normal. MCTemporalDenoise script is kind of broken, did tweak it a bit to get it to work. Not sure if it's 100% Fully working yet(My tweaked version hasn't been released).

These are all the Filters currently Included and works within StaxRip:

Old 7th August 2018, 19:00   #3020  |  Link
FreaQ
Starfish

Did not realize someone took over the development of StaxRip.
Thank you. I will give it a try.
FreaQ is offline   Reply With Quote