Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Hardware players

Old 27th March 2015, 11:06   #1  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

How to make DivX Connected use LAV Filters?

Long, long time ago, there was this decoder box called "DivX Connected" which is able to decode realtime-transcoded videos transmitted via LAN or WLAN. Not quite the worst product ever, but not very common either. As a beta tester in those times, I still have one of them.

I remember how much hassle it caused to make the server application support more formats by implementing Haali and ffdshow as DirectShow splitters and decoders. It didn't work easily in all cases.

With LAV filters today, I believe chances are better, therefore I wonder if anyone still has some documentation how it worked; Kamiwa's blog disappeared, and so did most of DivX Labs' topics covering this product.

As far as I remember, the key to success was registering the CLSID of a DirectShow filter to either a container format or a content format. One of the quirks with Haali was that it offered more than one splitter filter... What do LAV Filters provide, are there several CLSIDs or just one each for the splitter and the decoder?

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 13:50   #2  |  Link
clsid

LAV Splitter also comes in two variants like Haali Splitter does. One filter that combines both a source filter and a splitter ("LAV Splitter Source" / {B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338}) and one that is just a splitter ("LAV Splitter" / {171252A0-8820-4AFE-9DF8-5C92B2D66B04}). For reference, the "AR" version of Haali's filter is the splitter, the other is a source filter.

Look at this registry key for setting things as preferred:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Media Type
Old 1st April 2015, 06:33   #3  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

This seems to relate to <readerGuid> for a source filter and <demuxerGuid> for a splitter filter in the file DCDShowPlaybackPlugin.config; I will try to make it work.

Do you also have a GUID for the decoder (which used to be ffdshow in earlier attempts)?

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 1st April 2015 at 06:41.
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2015, 14:38   #4  |  Link
clsid

LAV Video is {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}

You can easily find the GUID (and other details) of any filter with GSN.
GraphStudioNext > Graph > Insert Filter