Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 21st May 2013, 13:39   #1  |  Link
ConvertApple

ConvertApple v1.2 - Bulk-Convert ALL videos to apple m4v with single click

Download Convert Apple v1.2 for Windows

ConvertApple was written with one goal in mind - with a single click of a button, to bulk-convert ALL my video files into Apple m4v format with full embedded metadata/coverart retrieved from the internet as fast and simply as possible, while NEVER crashing (hopefully!) The results can then be added to itunes and appear on Apple-TV/iDevice with full metadata (they also play fine on pc's + xbox) so no more codec-hell! I tried various other programs but they ALL required ME to set things usually on a per file basis, resulting in taking huge amounts of my time. ConvertApple should take less than a minute of your time, then days, weeks, months of your computers time to auto-convert, leaving you free to spend the time saved actually watching stuff!

Last edited by ConvertApple; 10th May 2014 at 14:25.
ConvertApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 13:02   #2  |  Link
ConvertApple

Download ConvertApple v1.1

ConvertApple has been updated to work with v3 of TheMovieDb API + numerous other tweaks and improvements over the last few months to make it more intelligent and even easier to use. With Encode & Tag both set to Auto it should be able to take care of the rest.

New = Rename & Rename Folder will sort and rename the files using the tag metadata; add to iTunes; drag & drop of multiple files and folders; imdb user-ratings; subtitles etc. Try it in a folder of 4gb mkv's, it can remux them into m4v in about 20 seconds each (bottleneck is disk speed!).

It was written specifically to put my entire video library consisting of different files, codecs into iTunes with full metadata so they appear the same as commercial downloads on my Apple TV. They also play fine on xbox MCE (with no transcoding) and windows MCE and iPhone, iPad etc. ConvertApple is freeware for windows = enjoy.

Last edited by ConvertApple; 14th October 2013 at 19:12. Reason: add screenshot
Old 14th October 2013, 18:15   #3  |  Link

May I please ask how do you invoke FFMPEG? Is it bundled or if not how do you know the path to an executable? Thank you.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2013, 18:48   #4  |  Link
ConvertApple

The executable is bundled and lives in the root folder of the app. This seems to be the the same as other similar apps or codec packs I have obtained from this site. FFMpeg is automated via the command line interface so my app does not link to or even know of ffmpegs existence.

To comply with the GPL I have updated the app to now include the FFmpeg source code + relevant readme file and added a link from the download page. FFmpeg is licensed under LGPL and GPL Source Code: http://ffmpeg.org/download.html

Last edited by ConvertApple; 16th October 2013 at 09:04.
Old 10th May 2014, 14:24   #5  |  Link
ConvertApple

ConvertApple v1.2 has now been released. It has many additional features, including conversion of flac audio to alac .m4a files, forced internet mode, better subtitle matching, better name matching etc.

If you want to unify all your video file format as mp4's with embedded metadata using a single click interface, try it out! AFAIK there is no alternative program that is totally automated, as fast and reliable out there. That's why I wrote it for myself (I use it almost every day) and share it free with you!

Try remuxing HD mkv videos to m4v and see how quick it is!

Tags
apple, convert, convertapple, m4v, mp4